5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-24, 21:34   Link #61
lfhoule

So, putting aside the jiggle factor for a minute (yeah: boo boo, hiss hiss), this episode really expanded the tech side of things. Beside finally seeing the battroid mode of the Draken, we get a closer look of the new ARMD carrier in motion, the Walkure's transport (looks like a non-transforming VB-6 Koings Monster with the big guns stripped out), and the VF-31's got arm mounted pinpoint barriers. Great stuff!!
Oh, and they stopped Capt. Johnson from singing kareoke before he even started, so we can count anything related to that hidden away on the the bridge of his ship.
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 22:24   Link #62
crimsonflair
Support Class

Now that translations arrived, Windermere had a separate army invade another planet during the battle this episode. What other tactics will they pull off in the future?
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 22:31   Link #63
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

The Draken is one beautiful machine. It's always such a shame that the "bad guys" get the cool machines; was the same deal with Brera.
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 22:57   Link #64
ReddyRedWolf

Subs are out Roid addresses the Brisingr Alliance and the entire galaxy. Declaring to the Children of the Protoculture they are declaring war on the NUN. Invading the planet Vordor while attacking Randor.

What the Brisingr Alliance is we don't know yet. Windermere could have its own allied planets.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 22:57   Link #65
Darthtabby

[obvious]This episode is awesome.[/obvious]

I don't know if I'll ever connect with this show the way I did with Frontier, but it is pretty darn exciting.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 23:09   Link #66
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Yeah, this episode screams awesomeness all over. I am playing the concert over and over right now, because yes... it is that good. Also couple new songs I like.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 23:25   Link #67
ReddyRedWolf

While Mirage needs a lesson from aunt Mylene, Messer needs a lesson from Gamlin that you don't shoot your own guys and let the singers do their work.
Old 2016-04-24, 23:58   Link #68
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Ho... crap. This show is growing on me...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 00:03   Link #69
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
While Mirage needs a lesson from aunt Mylene, Messer needs a lesson from Gamlin that you don't shoot your own guys and let the singers do their work.
Hm...I quite like what the writers have done with this, because it gives Mirage and Hayate something that they have in common: the challenge of coming to terms with what they might have to do given the nature of the threat they face. Will they take a similar direction (whether what you've said Messer should learn to do or its opposite), will they go their separate ways, or is there a third path to be explored? I'm certainly interested in seeing where they both end up on this front.

The 30-year life expectancy being confirmed, though...that is an interesting set-up, too...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 00:15   Link #70
charles883

After watching ep 4 sub, I consider it best ep of Delta. Man hopefully it will bring more older macross fan in

I know its repetition but I just could not help it to says:

Welcome to the NUNS first Full scale Interstellar Galactic War
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 00:19   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hmmm well that 30-year lifespan thing is definitely uncomfortable. I mean dang, that sticks Freyja at her half-way point in life. Of course some people in real life don't make it to 30, but still...rough for that to be the expectancy for them.

The concert was pretty nice. Yeah, even with all the bouncing . A lot of rookie moments for Freyja, but she's getting there . Some nice moments and she did get going with some help from Mikumo. Not a bad approach really to push Freyja a bit, just being nice all the time isn't necessarily the way to get someone to grow after all.

I do wonder if Mikumo is going to make it though. She does have a lot of mystery to be sure, but she also seems like the unbelievably key lynch-pin of that group. Someone who when lost would force others to grow pretty quickly to fill the gap...

Yeah, while not the most knowledgeable about Macross....this seems like a dumb move by Windermere. One planet picking a fight with....everyone else just doesn't seem smart. Sure, you have nice fighters and Var...but they do have means to fight the Var and frankly....the other side just has more guns.
Old 2016-04-25, 00:33   Link #72
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ugh, shame, it looks like the older sister isn't THAT close with Messer. Was hoping he'd have some sort of Mikhail/Klan Klan relationship with that girl, but alas... :'(

Still, it's the love polygon that intrigues me much more. I mean, Mirage is still uptight about her job, Hayate just doesn't care at all about anything really, and Freyja has her hands full not knowing her next concert will be her last. They have no time as of right now to think of romance.

But the older love polygon? It's so frigging obvious about Arad and Kaname that even the bridge bunnies notice it. Then you have Messer really digging Kaname with hints in this episode and the last, and of course this episode's with the older sister being cockblocked by her younger brother. I wonder if even Messer will be more susceptible to turning coat if ever Arad and Kaname become 'official', and thus the Messer vs Hayate rivalry will come to fruition. 2nd cour perhaps?

What's REALLY interesting is that Freyja was given that recorder by an earthling. Probably my last chance at the shot of childhood friends (crossing fingers its a young Hayate who just can't remember jackshit with all the worlds he has travelled). It's a very long shot, but hey, Satelite's most recent show was as improbable as it could ever get. Anything can happen... XD

Speaking of anything can happen, would Delta go into racism? I mean, it's pretty obvious that Windermere are on war against the Alliance, using Var terrorism with hit-and-run tactics coming from the Aerial Knights, and it's pretty darn visible that Freyja is from there with her rune. How will the people act knowing one of their savoiurs was born as the enemy? The possibilities they can go with that particular sub-plot is many, but I can't ignore the real life parallels that they can draw if they so chose to.

This episode though really impressed me with the Walkure's dance numbers. I mean sure, there were a lot of shots of the planes while they were singing, but seeing all FIVE members dancing with very animated movements in classic 2d. Maybe I had very low expectations since Satelite had to resort to 3d with AKB0049, but I was genuinely impressed with how they drew the concert.

In any case, this episode makes it clear... nothing in this cour can touch this as my anime of the cour. Have to wake up in a few hours for work, but staying up just to see Macross ASAP was all WERF!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 00:36   Link #73
greentree34634

Quote:
My theory.
Spoiler:

I enjoy you theory and i too agree with what you writing about it. It surprize that then mention there short life span of 30 years with the declaration of war. I think you right because it simply occurs in anime alot. I would be surprize if the first 13 episode are all relative to start of short of war. Also they sound like a race that in danger of dying out because of the short life span aspect. the short life span is what got me to dislike a cheesy plot of people with short life theme. anyway i crossing my finger that is not case. Because the moment i heard shot life span I about drop the series.
greentree34634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 00:49   Link #74
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
What the Brisingr Alliance is we don't know yet. Windermere could have its own allied planets.
I feel that Windermere is the center of the alliance since they overthrow the previous government and using Lord Heinz as a figurehead and a catalyst for spreading the Var Syndrome across the galaxy.

As for Episode 4, it was a great but shaky debut for Freyja and Hayate. Of course, I'm curious to see who gave Freyja the music player that contained songs from the best musicians. Could it be Miku or Isamu?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 00:54   Link #75
Wandering Soul

That 30 year life span thing is sort of sad. Freyja is almost half way through her life. At least she got to achieve her dream of joining Walkure and putting on a concert, even if she did fumble around a bit. I'm curious about the earthling that gave Freyja that recorder.

Wonder why the Windermere decided to declare war. It seemslike they are overmatched, but they may have ways to even the playing field.
Old 2016-04-25, 01:21   Link #76
ReddyRedWolf

With Multidrones not working Walkure and Delta Platoon may need to go old school.

Speaker Pods, Sound Boosters and Fold Amps.
Old 2016-04-25, 01:25   Link #77
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
With Multidrones not working Walkure and Delta Platoon may need to go old school.

Speaker Pods, Sound Boosters and Fold Amps.

Or something similar to what Luca did to his Ghosts to counteract Vajra jamming.

===

On another end, I am extremely worried about the ruins/temple on Windemere. It's another Protoculture Artifact and we all know what happens when those things are involved.
Old 2016-04-25, 01:31   Link #78
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
@Saint X
You know, Lord Heinz's health is getting worse after using that artifact on amplyfying the Var Syndrome spread.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 01:46   Link #79
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I do wonder if Mikumo is going to make it though. She does have a lot of mystery to be sure, but she also seems like the unbelievably key lynch-pin of that group. Someone who when lost would force others to grow pretty quickly to fill the gap...
Mikumo's singing voice is done by Junna, a 14 year-old rookie singer. Being in Macross is a pretty good chance for her, and I doubt Kawamori would like to ruin it by killing her character off.
Old 2016-04-25, 01:47   Link #80
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Scored it a
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler: