AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-05-23, 18:30   Link #1301
Bgunit

after the current episode I can already see the rivalries and counterparts between walkure and the aerial knights:
bogue vs freyja
Keith vs mikumo
roid vs kaname
theo and xao vs makina and reina
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-25, 02:14   Link #1302
charles883

What I get felling that Arad and King join the fight against final villain.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-29, 09:06   Link #1303
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

While most of us are waiting for episode 9, here are some recently posted interviews and things, in case people haven't seen them yet.

A little warning if you read the Bandai Channel one: there are some slight spoilers for how Delta is going to proceed there, so please head the advice I give in that post if you'd rather not be spoilt.

Far more interesting, however, is the first one, which has Kawamori sharing his views on a certain Western licensing company...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-29, 09:40   Link #1304
Gravitas Free Zone

Forbes has quite the "You're bad for using ad blockers" wall in front of its article. There is this Tweet with a relevant portion though:

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/st...87382154854400
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-29, 12:09   Link #1305
magnuskn

Thanks for the translation, karice. We may disagree on many aspects, but I really appreciate your hard work. Hm, I guess I'll have to look at your blog for more interesting articles. ^^
Old 2016-05-29, 12:18   Link #1306
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Forbes has quite the "You're bad for using ad blockers" wall in front of its article. There is this Tweet with a relevant portion though:

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/st...87382154854400
i use ublock origin and it just renders that adblock wall like what a vajra does to a fold fault.
Old 2016-05-29, 14:22   Link #1307
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Far more interesting, however, is the first one, which has Kawamori sharing his views on a certain Western licensing company...
What I fond most interesting is that Kawamori is dead tired of the love triangle bullshit and wants to get rid of it, but the sponsors don't let him. I think he mentioned this like three times in the article so you can tell he feels pretty strongly about it.

Poor guy. They should just let him do what he wants for once.
Old 2016-05-29, 15:12   Link #1308
magnuskn

Hm, yeah, no. The way he mentions it sounds much less "dead tired" than you make it out to be. You are projecting.
Old 2016-05-29, 15:31   Link #1309
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The way he mentions it
Did you read the whole article? He said it more than once.

Quote:
You are projecting.
Who is the one projecting? Whether there is romance makes not much of a difference to me. Can you say the same?

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-05-29 at 16:36.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-29, 16:44   Link #1310
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Did you read the whole article? He said it more than once.
Yes, I read the entire article. Nowhere did I feel like he was exasperated with love triangles.

Quote:
Who is the one projecting? Whether there is romance makes not much of a difference to me. Can you say the same?
I'd certainly be disappointed. However, I am not the one here trying to attribute feelings to Kawamori which are not supported by the actual text.
Old 2016-05-29, 16:50   Link #1311
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Yes, I read the entire article. Nowhere did I feel like he was exasperated with love triangles.
The second time he said it he does sound like he really wants to drop the love triangle thing to me. To each his own I guess.

Quote:
I'd certainly be disappointed. However, I am not the one here trying to attribute feelings to Kawamori which are not supported by the actual text.
You have your interpretation of the text. Don't claim that's a fact.
Old 2016-05-29, 17:17   Link #1312
magnuskn

Alright, let's put the quotes on the table and see if Kawamori sounds "dead tired of the love triangle bullshit and wants to get rid of it", like you verbatim claimed a few posts ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawamori-chan
“As you’d expect, the series came about based around the three main aspects that define Macross; songs, battles and a love triangle type of relationship. I normally ask the sponsors if I can drop one but they always ask to include all three.”
There is even no indication there that Kawamori is even referring specifically to the love triangle aspect of Macross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawamori-chan
“While the Saab 35 Draken is a delta shaped craft, the name for Macross Delta came from elsewhere. The name actually originated from the fact I had to include the three main elements from Macross, the battles, songs and a love triangle relationship, as this is something the sponsor were steadfast on having. Each time I plan for a new Macross series, I always think that it could be about time to remove one of the three elements, such as the love triangle relationship, but the sponsor always says no (laughs).”
Alright, here he mentions the love triangle as an example of what could be removed, but he specifically states that he thinks that he could remove any part of the three elements. He certainly does not seem to be "dead tired" of the triangle specifically.

And I have no idea where you saw a third mention of him wanting to drop the love triangle aspect of Macross. He mentions the love triangle of the original series, but that is in recounting the history of Macross.
Old 2016-05-29, 17:43   Link #1313
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Alright, here he mentions the love triangle as an example of what could be removed, but he specifically states that he thinks that he could remove any part of the three elements.
We know the original concept of Delta included battles and songs in a sort of competition club setting. So yeah, he might have mentioned the love triangle as an example, but if you put two and two together it's easy to tell that's the one thing he wasn't planning on keeping if he had a say in the matter.
Old 2016-05-29, 18:06   Link #1314
magnuskn

Again, you're projecting.
Old 2016-05-29, 19:00   Link #1315
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Before things get too snippy, let's just leave it at a "difference of opinion" and move on (or take it to PM/VM).

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 08:38   Link #1316
Bgunit

You think messer or arad will die next episode?
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 09:56   Link #1317
RDNexus

Gotta wait and see, I guess.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 11:05   Link #1318
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
We know the original concept of Delta included battles and songs in a sort of competition club setting. So yeah, he might have mentioned the love triangle as an example, but if you put two and two together it's easy to tell that's the one thing he wasn't planning on keeping if he had a say in the matter.
It would be funny if the Macross with an actual triangle in the title is the one that has the least amount of love triangle in the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgunit View Post
You think messer or arad will die next episode?
I doubt either will die that soon.

Will they survive the entire show? Depends on if the show goes for a consistent "feel-good" approach, or if the show decides to amp up the drama. There are enough death flags surrounding Messer that if any named protagonist dies, he's the most likely to, imo. I'm honestly very divided on that - Could make for wonderful drama, but a big part of me would also like to see Messer/Kaname have an happy ending together.
Old 2016-05-31, 11:26   Link #1319
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It would be funny if the Macross with an actual triangle in the title is the one that has the least amount of love triangle in the show.
Certainly what it looks like so far. I am not complaining, though.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 17:30   Link #1320
Thess

It's for the best. Messer's love polygon is far more interesting, IMO.

Quote:
IIRC, in a radio show after episode 25 of Frontier, he sounded exasperated with love triangles when people interpreted the "You're both my wings" as romantic. I could be wrong, though.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote