serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Ep 11:
Spoiler for ep 11 details:
Agree greatly with these points.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 23:46   Link #1003
Marina2

Haven't watch ep.11 yet, I want to ask:

Where does it end, compare to the manga?
Old 2011-12-19, 06:19   Link #1004
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Haven't watch ep.11 yet, I want to ask:

Where does it end, compare to the manga?
Chapter 21ish
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 09:47   Link #1005
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Last edited by DXMichael; 2011-12-19 at 10:00.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 09:48   Link #1006
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
The one thing I don't agree with from the official list is that the official list tries to pair up the 6th with Apollo. I mean, if that's official that's official, but she's seemingly *very much* designed as a reference to Proserpina (Greek: Persephone), and I'm left scratching my head over the "Apollo" claim.
Apollo was associated with Oracles wasn't he?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 10:40   Link #1007
Luxuria

Well, Wikipedia says that it is Hinata who is named after Apollo.
Luxuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 11:23   Link #1008
miketyson

I forget whether or not the plotholes were also plotholes in the manga. I seem to remember it like this:
Spoiler for scenario:

...but that could just be my mind filling in blanks to make it make more sense than it did.

Sackett: you're totally right about the prophecy angle, but even so everything else about her (her name, her living situation, the way her arc plays out, etc.) go so much better with Proserpina/Persephone it's hard to think it's coincidence, hence my puzzlement with her official pairing. She's like 80% Prosperpina and 10% Apollo but officially she's Apollo, which I find curious.

Anyways, there's nothing too deep in the naming; the author seemingly took inspiration from the names and their stories but it's seemingly just there as a cute bonus for the reader/viewer, and certainly isn't critical to the plot (if it were it'd be a spoiler to discuss). Other than the 6th, I'd correct the other matchups like so: 10th => Orion, Hinata => Diana, Akise => Apollo, and more speculatively Nishijima => Helios, but none of this is really that big a deal.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 13:18   Link #1009
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2011-12-19, 13:46   Link #1010
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Ep 11 : Yuno is amazing as always :3
Old 2011-12-19, 15:48   Link #1011
revive4563

Before I knew it, Minene became funny guy completely...
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 18:38   Link #1012
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Well, didn't get to watch this one until just now because my face is a Novocaine container right now.

Anyways, good episode, but it felt like it took a huge leap from the carefree episode from last week. It felt a little distant, but once you can get over that, it was pretty good. Minene only gets more awesome every episode.

Episode 11: Russian Roulette
Old 2011-12-19, 19:40   Link #1013
xDisturbedjeans
Likes2BlogUrAnimeNeeds

lol bathroom scene

I had to upload it. it made me lol hard.
http://youtu.be/O3VSQRnwIyk
xDisturbedjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 22:06   Link #1014
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

This episode...wasn't adapted too well, in my own opinion.
I suppose it was my imagination, but it seemed extremely rushed.
And the deal with Yuno's eyes, that was distasteful. Narm.

Lastly, why the hell is Fourth's wife just sitting there silently as Ninth discusses that crazy shit?

I'm actually one of the few people who has had no complaints on the adaption thus far, but this episode really got me. Maybe I'll rewatch it later, because honestly, I might not have been in a very anime-watching mood at the time, so eh.
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 22:58   Link #1015
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
First half was less hilarious than in the manga (which featured the most epic non-death), but second half improved a lot from it, making the whole ladder scene shorter and more ridiculous.

Now, finally Minene is back, and this time dressed as a night swift nurse with a ponytail, rivals her introduction as a goth-loli with twin-tails, but still miles away from hair wild hair when being chained in the cult's dungeon

On the other hand, I really don't get why characters like Yukiteru are still popular... even with kids, after killing three, and leading dozens of others directly or indirectly to their deaths, he panics and shoots a cop, threatening him, as if that's not enough, he breaks into tears of guilt, only to apologize to his serial killer girlfriend, that he was not able to stop her, when he is responsible for most of the deaths, WTF... stupid japanese irresponsible and ball-less teenagers
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 00:27   Link #1016
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

cop dairy make alliance with 9th.
cop get yuki & yuno give yuki some russian shooting get ear shot by yuno etc to which lead yuki oops shooting to lead yuki & yuno are hunted by cops.
yuki yuno see cop dairy's wife & oh 9th appear with oops boom to yea get ladder to run.
during which 9th total snap with all phone call with cop dairy, yuki whine, & yuno with yuno with lead ah screw it all take yuki screw call & walk the ladder to ok.
also lead why cop dairy is doing to save his son.

mur mur extra with mur mur as cop dairy doing interrogate on same detective who who chase 9th in last ep with some food & etc next day real cop dairy appear oh detective guy mention food while cop dairy goes HUH?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 02:22   Link #1017
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
On the other hand, I really don't get why characters like Yukiteru are still popular... even with kids, after killing three, and leading dozens of others directly or indirectly to their deaths, he panics and shoots a cop, threatening him, as if that's not enough, he breaks into tears of guilt, only to apologize to his serial killer girlfriend, that he was not able to stop her, when he is responsible for most of the deaths, WTF... stupid japanese irresponsible and ball-less teenagers
I'm not good at explanation ,but I will try....

In author viewpoint: The character development can be done easier if MC is weak or powerless or ball-less at first then become strong or powerful at the end. Audience will clearly see the development in MC in this way too . Also, the longer MC takes to become strong, the longer writer can expand the plot.

Let's say that for the purpose of plot progression, Yukiteru is more suitable to be in this kind of situation more than someone like Kamijou Touma from Index or that MC from Beelzebub who are brave and able to beat anyone who come in their way with their own power. (I'm talking about the personality here please forget about their special power)

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-12-20 at 03:43. Reason: fix grammar
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 02:39   Link #1018
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

To expand upon what's been said, a protagonist generally takes on one of 3 broad spectrums of personality to create different effects. This can differ of course, but generally:

A weakling can generate sympathy from an audience and/or raise the opportunity to overcome a huge hurdle and grow stronger. It can even go off this tangent and shock the audience with a hidden personality behind the silent character.

An average joe is easy for an audience to relate to and invest in the their problems alongside the character. These characters are often best if they don't do anything ridiculously over-the-top, in which it separates the viewers from a realistic connection. Still, if the theme of the product is already meant to be ridiculous, it's good to follow along.

A badass is of course meant to impress. They'll generally bring action and excitement to a show, and if they're not overplayed to the point of becoming a pointless add-on, their mere appearance can cause fantastic cliffhangers and fights. Not just that, but many badasses will just show off their supreme intellect as well.

And of course, there are tons of other character types as well: mindless airheads, moeblobs, tragic heros, mysterious enigmas and so much more. The point here is, Yuki still does have a TON of time to develop as a character, and personally, he's not one of my favourite characters but I don't hate him. He seems very human and somewhat easy to relate to, at least compared to the other nutjobs running around in this game.
Old 2011-12-20, 09:22   Link #1019
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

The deal with Yuno's eyes was pretty bad. Didn't like it at all.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 09:35   Link #1020
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@marina/papermario: That's probably why I hate shounen with a passion (well unless there is more into one except for their MC)... I do not equate power-ups as character development
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere