AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-26, 13:39   Link #1521
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I don't believe Yui would use a Takemikazuchi against Yuuya; that scene is probably just to show that Yui's a Takemikazuchi pilot and an Imperial Guard. Er, she is an Imperial Guard right...?
She wouldn't be a Takemizakuchi pilot if she wasn' a imperial royal guard. and having an yellow one on top of that, means she is from a powerful Japaneses nobility .
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 17:44   Link #1522
kari-no-sugata

I dont know how much things will change during ep 5 before the hinted show-down, but I dont see Yui being out for Yuuya's blood. (Well, not unless he says something insanely stupid like "only reason BETA left Japan is because you tasted bad")

I dunno what's going to happen but for some reason, the kind of word that came to mind is "shidou" - as in "guidance" (not as in "bushido"). That is, I dont think Yui would go into such a fight with the aim of just beating Yuuya into submission for the sake of it but rather to make him learn or appreciate certain things. If that's true (and I tend to hope the real thing is more interesting and different to what I expect) then it wouldn't necessarily matter if she has a technical advance or disadvantage so long as that can be used to teach him.
Old 2012-07-26, 18:06   Link #1523
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I dont know how much things will change during ep 5 before the hinted show-down, but I dont see Yui being out for Yuuya's blood. (Well, not unless he says something insanely stupid like "only reason BETA left Japan is because you tasted bad")

I dunno what's going to happen but for some reason, the kind of word that came to mind is "shidou" - as in "guidance" (not as in "bushido"). That is, I dont think Yui would go into such a fight with the aim of just beating Yuuya into submission for the sake of it but rather to make him learn or appreciate certain things. If that's true (and I tend to hope the real thing is more interesting and different to what I expect) then it wouldn't necessarily matter if she has a technical advance or disadvantage so long as that can be used to teach him.
Exactly. Even though they are having problems with each other, she still seemingly is trying to guide or teach him. Even after all those problems, she was still trying to explain the better way to approach the battle with the BETA after his failure in the simulation.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 01:09   Link #1524
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
I think a "circus stunt flyby" would have fit that bill.
I don't think Yuuya is as reckless as Maverick (from Top Gun movie).
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 11:27   Link #1525
John117xCortana

No he wasn't. He used teamwork instead of lone wolf tactics.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 17:12   Link #1526
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I actually wonder why Yuuya's tactic qualifies as "teamwork" while Tarisa's doesn't.

In the end both tactics involved each fighting alone their own opponent.

Sure, once Stella defeated Giacosa, by herself, she teamed up with Yuuya to defeat Tarisa. But that doesn't seem much more of a strategy than a matter of course.
If it was Giacosa taking down Stella, or Tarisa taking down Yuuya, they would have teamed up against the remaining as well.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 18:02   Link #1527
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I actually wonder why Yuuya's tactic qualifies as "teamwork" while Tarisa's doesn't.

Sure, once Stella defeated Giacosa, by herself, she teamed up with Yuuya to defeat Tarisa. But that doesn't seem much more of a strategy than a matter of course.
If it was Giacosa taking down Stella, or Tarisa taking down Yuuya, they would have teamed up against the remaining as well.
The way I understood the battle was that Yuuya and Stella had talked beforehand about a strategy where Yuuya would bait Tarisa and Stella would take her out from the side. From the beginning they planned to work as a unit 2v1 against Tarisa. Of course, for it to work, Stella had to evade VG and Yuuya had to evade Tarisa (the tougher assignment) until Stella could get her shot off.

Contrast this with Tarisa's order to VG to go fight with Stella. Tarisa basically lost her wingman and was engaging Yuuya in a 1v1 fight, not realizing that Yuuya was playing it as a 2v1 fight with Stella in support.

Of course the ending was a little ridiculous with Tarisa on top of Yuuya just sitting there gloating, but that's anime . . .

Interestingly, Yuuya's plan has some parallel to the Thach Weave tactic

PS - Did Stella actually "beat" VG? To me it looked like she set a decoy signal that stalled VG and let Stella come back to Yuuya and Tarisa.
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 18:30   Link #1528
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

PS - Did Stella actually "beat" VG? To me it looked like she set a decoy signal that stalled VG and let Stella come back to Yuuya and Tarisa.
Never elaborated upon, but its pretty much the equivalent of some one on Call of duty chasing a fleeing sniper,only to turn around a blind corner and look straight into a waiting claymore.
Since it was training, it wasn't a real Bomb left behind but a "simulated" one.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 22:04   Link #1529
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

I think its more that Yuuya and Stella prearranged to have a few locations set up as ambush points, with Yuuya as the bait and Stella the support. So it happens twice, at the first encounter with Yuuya being chased by both op forces, and when Tarisa went one on one with Yuuya.

Yuuya would have told Stella of the situation during the one on one, and trusted her to be at the right place in time to pull supporting fire at Tarisa. Stella had to disengage from Giacosa, calculate the timing to do so such that she would have time to relocate into position while not giving him enough time to interfere, which means leaving the engagement at the last minute.

As Giacosa did not get commentary from the CP that he was damaged and out of the fight, I think it would be best to assume that was just a thermal electric marker used as a decoy. Of cause, that raises the question of how such tech was developed, and why, since its useless against BETA. Unless its improvised.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:59   Link #1530
John117xCortana

So basically both of them lured their enemies into prepared killzones ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 12:04   Link #1531
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Nope, only Yuuya and Stella. The other two were acting as single elements.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:10   Link #1532
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
I think its more that Yuuya and Stella prearranged to have a few locations set up as ambush points, with Yuuya as the bait and Stella the support. So it happens twice, at the first encounter with Yuuya being chased by both op forces, and when Tarisa went one on one with Yuuya.

Yuuya would have told Stella of the situation during the one on one, and trusted her to be at the right place in time to pull supporting fire at Tarisa. Stella had to disengage from Giacosa, calculate the timing to do so such that she would have time to relocate into position while not giving him enough time to interfere, which means leaving the engagement at the last minute.

As Giacosa did not get commentary from the CP that he was damaged and out of the fight, I think it would be best to assume that was just a thermal electric marker used as a decoy. Of cause, that raises the question of how such tech was developed, and why, since its useless against BETA. Unless its improvised.
actrualy i noticed that in the 2nd ep when yui trashed her tfs then seen her friend eaten by beta she turned her light off then when the tanks were ripping apart the other tfs when she was screaming theyy responed by red eye glaring at her befor she stopped then the continued what they were doing so i think something that makes bright light and sounds wouldnt be fully useless just not as useful
Old 2012-07-28, 23:31   Link #1533
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
actrualy i noticed that in the 2nd ep when yui trashed her tfs then seen her friend eaten by beta she turned her light off then when the tanks were ripping apart the other tfs when she was screaming theyy responed by red eye glaring at her befor she stopped then the continued what they were doing so i think something that makes bright light and sounds wouldnt be fully useless just not as useful
Actually, if you remember she did already shined her light on them for several seconds, causing no reactions. She could have turned it off to recover her night vision. And when she found her friend, she was speaking and making enough noise for the BETA on the TSF to hear her, same as when she started shooting. And all the rest (red eye, looking at her etc) looks more like dramatic expression, since they have 6 sensors at least, which are definitely not eyes. We don't know how BETA sense the world, but we do know that camouflage and stealth don't work on them.

Old 2012-07-29, 00:04   Link #1534
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Thermal, perhaps. Camo paint can't hide a heat sig, and the IRL Raptor can be detected by thermal imagers, and heatseekers at short range.

The Sodewinder snake sees in IR, as I recall, which is why the name inspired the missile.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 00:57   Link #1535
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

but when she was screaming and shooting they just happen to stop and look at her and if it was ir then the solder class would of killed her right away it might be more simmiler to a bat with sonar . and if they move underground it would be extreamly ineffishent to have ir
bats sonar bounces supersonic noise off of objects to see where it is flying but than again it could be something compleatly different seeing as thier alain
Spoiler for na:
and all so it could be somthing like preadetor and have variouse sight setting like a bio sensor
Old 2012-07-29, 01:18   Link #1536
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

They're not weapons, they're biological mining machines. That's what induces worry. If these are miners, what the hell do the weapons look like?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 02:31   Link #1537
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
They're not weapons, they're biological mining machines. That's what induces worry. If these are miners, what the hell do the weapons look like?
Which, if you think about it, gives Humanity a chance.
If BETA cannot recognize humans as Intelligent beings, they cannot declare war and bring out the big guns.
If they do recognize, they also have to recognize themselves as living beings.

Its a catch 21.

Old 2012-07-29, 13:37   Link #1538
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

the big guns will be activated if the superier tells them to and thier probly in recorce/mine mode if changed to battle mode then we will need bigger guns whis smaller units to max out the chances of not getting hit
imagine a fortress class with an arcenal of heavy wepons

y do i suddenly get the feeling thiers gonna be a love rivalry between yui and cryska for yuuya

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-07-29 at 13:57.
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 16:37   Link #1539
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Which, if you think about it, gives Humanity a chance.
If BETA cannot recognize humans as Intelligent beings, they cannot declare war and bring out the big guns.
If they do recognize, they also have to recognize themselves as living beings.

Its a catch 21.
There is another particularly nasty alternative though. They could identify humanity as renegade or malfunctioning machines who believe that they are alive. In that case, they could bring out their weapons and inform their masters of a "robot" rebellion in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
the big guns will be activated if the superier tells them to and thier probly in recorce/mine mode if changed to battle mode then we will need bigger guns whis smaller units to max out the chances of not getting hit
imagine a fortress class with an arcenal of heavy wepons
I doubt bigger "guns" would do it, the BETA operate on a interstellar level at the very least. Whatever they consider to be military grade weapons would most likely include things that would char the planet five-times over.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 16:43   Link #1540
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
I doubt bigger "guns" would do it, the BETA operate on a interstellar level at the very least. Whatever they consider to be military grade weapons would most likely include things that would char the planet five-times over.
At least the good news is, if such things exist, they're unlikely to be directed at Earth. Mainly because, people rarely send out military weaponry to deal with a bug problem... (Of course, that's because bug problems can be dealt with in other ways... )
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen