AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 01:10   Link #2181
Kyuu
=^^=

Rewatching Eps 12. Oh my tears, when seeing Kuro drop a dora and moving on.

And now. Eps 14 in 2 days.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 04:24   Link #2182
Marina2

Oh, I almost forgot ep.14 will air today. In just 5 hours from now!

Can't wait to see how much Yuri in this one compare to the manga version.
Old 2013-01-29, 05:35   Link #2183
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 03:50.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 06:16   Link #2184
Kyuu
=^^=

Dammit. After all this waiting - I cannot watch now.

XD
Old 2013-01-29, 10:10   Link #2185
RJ TAYLER

No spoilers, but I think you will be glad that you did, even for 'completionist's' sake.
Old 2013-01-29, 14:30   Link #2186
The Green One

Well just finished the episode and enjoyed it watching FunaQ's wackiness in anime form was quite fun. So Shizu gets two full episodes for her match. Should be fun.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 15:58   Link #2187
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
No spoilers, but I think you will be glad that you did, even for 'completionist's' sake.
I've already seen plenty of spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well just finished the episode and enjoyed it watching FunaQ's wackiness in anime form was quite fun. So Shizu gets two full episodes for her match. Should be fun.
Yea. Two episodes for the Captain's match... and that'll mean plenty of Awai - and more sexy crazyness. Mmmmm
Old 2013-01-29, 18:07   Link #2188
Midonin
Last Engage

That was a really intense episode. So many styles in play, and we got to delve a bit into the mind behind all of them. Purely data driven vs fishing vs bowling/Harue's successor vs the power of yuri. In some ways, it kind of reminded me of Nodoka's match from the first series. Where she was so focused on the mechanics of the game that the tricks didn't work on her. Hiroko is similar, except instead of a natural flow (and penguin), it's deep analysis. These bonus episodes are really giving me a chance to see what Achiga can do in their native environment, because until the Teru match, things were kind of brief. Now everyone's getting their moment in the spotlight. I feel like the girls are getting more fleshed out.

Liked the cameo by Hajime and Koromo, too.

Also, Toki has reawakened. Watch out, world.

Last edited by Midonin; 2013-01-29 at 19:44.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 19:04   Link #2189
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
That was a really intense episode. So many styles in play, and we got to delve a bit into the mind behind all of them. Purely data driven vs fishing vs bowling/Harue's successor vs the power of yuri.
You forgot "with bondage" there.

---------------
ep.14 was pretty good, I like the effects when Arata wins a hand.
Plus hearing Himeno whelp/moan whenever Mairu does her locking always makes me laugh.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 20:40   Link #2190
ion475
にこにこにー

So...

1. The animation is incoherent at times (i.e. jumping around). I know they're just following the manga, but the problem is getting worse...
2. So, the Fukushou-sen more or less ends here. But then, with the original intention (3 extra episodes instead of 4), not a huge surprise.
3. Funa-Q evilness is animated pretty good, though, even with a new seiyuu (Kuroyukihime never sounds THIS evil, though...)
4. Unknown power of Shizu, Kodomo #2 in Awai, and 2 yuri (Toki x Ryuuka and Mairu x Himeko) coming up.
5. And did I mention that Seiko suck...全国最強www
Old 2013-01-29, 20:42   Link #2191
Kyuu
=^^=

Man. The crazyness in that episode -- brings me many tears!

XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle
Plus hearing Himeno whelp/moan whenever Mairu does her locking always makes me laugh.
Man, that was hot. XD

Spoiler:

The greatest story effect out of this -- it gives us something to really look forward to.
Old 2013-01-29, 21:21   Link #2192
The Green One

Poor Seiko, she now and forever will have the unenviable brand as Shiratodai's Kuro.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 21:47   Link #2193
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Poor Seiko, she now and forever will have the unenviable brand as Shiratodai's Kuro.
She bears the weakness that many players display when making open calls. She's a sitting duck.
Old 2013-01-29, 22:32   Link #2194
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
In some ways, it kind of reminded me of Nodoka's match from the first series.
What do you know, I've gotten the same impression as well.

MairuHime = YumiMomo (The force of yuri is strong in this pair)
Hiroko = Touka (Sadistic freak and pervy obssession with their opponent)
Arata = Nodoka (The above's said partucular opponent. Whatever the above does doesn't work on them.)
Saiko = Sumiyo (Quite a decent player on her own. Too bad however, she got overshadowed by the rest of her opponents.)

EDIT: The announcer's voice is getting really horsey isn't she? That's what you'd get after all she had been screaming like a madman everytime player does something.

Last edited by teja208; 2013-01-29 at 23:40.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 00:34   Link #2195
Sol Falling

Animation quality seemed to drop down for this episode, and the pacing in some places got pretty rough. Still, though, it was a good episode which reached an appropriate high point for the conclusion. A counted yakuman for Shindouji in the second-last hand of the Captain's match--we're still waiting to see how that will turn out.

One of my favourite moments of this episode's corresponding chapter in the manga was Sera getting friendly with Ako once the game was over. Out of all of the potential yuri pairings Ritz has set up for Ako in this sidestory, AkoSera has got to be the hottest and the one with the most chemistry. I'm slightly disappointed that Crunchyroll's translation called Ako's reaction to Sera as being 'scared' rather than 'nervous', and that the anime didn't get to throw in Ako's internal thought of it feeling nice when Sera touched her, lol.

In any case, these two latest matches have really been all about the badass normal Aces. Sera had a point gain of a whopping +53000 (!!!) before being hit in dealer position by that finishing Yakuman. Even then, her final score (+37000), is one of the strongest performances in the entire tournament, and this is considering that Sera does not even have any powers.

On the other hand, with Shindouji's score as low as 35000, what Mairu managed to pull off is even more impressive. The point gain for her own performance (+41000 in total, after one last round in the next episode) is already incredible, doubling Shindouji's score to put them back into a fighting position. However, more significant than that is the precise fact that her and Himeko's ability guarantees that those gains of hers will be essentially doubled. Ryuuka, Shizuno, and even Awai, whose scores are essentially now hovering just above the 100,000 level, will have to seriously watch out.

I expect episodes 15 and 16 to be incredible too.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 05:21   Link #2196
kniteowl

That was an awesome episode, Besides Gintama, my most anticipated anime personally is Saki just because the games are so bloody intense.

Funa-Q's discovery of Haru's 10 year revenge in the making was also very awesome.

I haven't read the manga but I'm curious about Shizu's Gears ability, the first thing that came to mind is One Piece Luffy's Gears.

2nd Gear = Jet Speed Win
3rd Gear = Giant/Big Win
10th Gear = God mode :P
Limit Break, Over 9000th gear = F*** all... :P

lmao... I can't wait till the end of February.
Old 2013-01-30, 14:19   Link #2197
King-Slayer

Pretty good episode but it did feel a bit rushed. Love how cute Arata was when she was accepting the president's position from Harue . Also the anime totally brought out Hiroko's creepy facial expressions, i mean i know she was creepy in the manga but damn the anime took it to another level. And Hajime and Koromo looks awesome as well.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 17:08   Link #2198
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Very nice episode. I honestly found the pacing pretty good, all things considered. The Saki/Koromo scene seemed pretty random and oddly placed to me, but other than that, I felt this episode flowed well.

The Ako match ended as expected, which was fine. However, the scene between Ako and the very tomboyish competitor was a pleasant surprise for me.

The Arata match was very well-balanced, and I liked how everyone had their own specially animated attacks, with the exception of Research Girl who compensated for that with some of the funkiest faces I've ever seen.

I'm of two minds on the limit/bondage/key ability of those two girls. On the one hand, its certainly pretty creative and intricate and allows for some rather engaging bits of animation. OTOH, part of me can't help but think "Wow, they're really having to dig deep to come up with new mahjong superpowers at this point, aren't they?"

Its probably good that this is the semifinals for the Nationals, since they might be starting to run out of places to go when it comes to new mahjong superpowers.

Anyway, I like how the mighty Teru team is actually on the verge of slipping into 2nd place. That creates some compelling drama! That's quite the massive lead they've seen evaporate, and if I was Teru, I might be a bit pissed right now. It's made the rest of Teru's team seem a bit underwhelming compared to the hype, but I guess that was unavoidable for sheer math reasons after the massive lead Teru built up for her team.

That being said, this final member of Teru's team is certainly getting a lot of focus and build-up. I expect to see great things from her, and for her to ensure that Teru's team finishes this match in 1st place.
Old 2013-01-30, 17:20   Link #2199
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm of two minds on the limit/bondage/key ability of those two girls. On the one hand, its certainly pretty creative and intricate and allows for some rather engaging bits of animation. OTOH, part of me can't help but think "Wow, they're really having to dig deep to come up with new mahjong superpowers at this point, aren't they?"
If there's one thing I would like to know -- how did THAT power develop?
Old 2013-01-30, 18:14   Link #2200
Requiem-x
The slacking one

The animation was quite dodgy this time around, but other than that, everything was great. Everything was adapted very well, from Arata telling Harue she'll keep her beloved tie all the way to the finals (Arata sounded like the one with the pants on the relatonship, which is awesome), her flashback, FunaQ's crazy rape faces, and of course, Mairu's moment of total badassery (no fishing while I'm here!), and on that subject, is Mairu a total badass or what? It feels so good that no team is here as mere filler, it's a full on brawl!

Once again, we see that changing styles is the key to stay alive in the nationals, or at least, a very good thing to do if possible, and since Arata's ability is skill based instead of supernatural, she can do it with no problem, and pays a little tribute to her beloved Haru-chan while at it.

Next time, the supernova finally strikes!

Quote:
I think it should be the other way around. Why did it take them this long to create a power based on yuri love?

While on the subject, was anyone else impressed with how naughty Himeko's voice was during her... episodes?

Quote:
Anyway, I like how the mighty Teru team is actually on the verge of slipping into 2nd place. That creates some compelling drama! That's quite the massive lead they've seen evaporate, and if I was Teru, I might be a bit pissed right now. It's made the rest of Teru's team seem a bit underwhelming compared to the hype, but I guess that was unavoidable for sheer math reasons after the massive lead Teru built up for her team.
Totally agree with the drama part, it's nice to see a more free for all kind of competition rather than a struggle for second place. Also, Shiraitodai is still the final team boss, so you can't show them at full power yet, some conditions have to be against them, like harvest girl, who, according to Sera becomes the embodiment of death if she gets the last dealer position.

Also, Teru is a good girl, so she doesn't mind.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri