AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-24, 22:07   Link #17761
Sumeragi
Banned

Do you want to expand the series into the Apocrypha?
Old 2012-03-24, 22:12   Link #17762
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm surprised Kamachi hasn't dealt the Satan worshippers card at all in the series. They're usually the de facto magic users in any series that has magical religions.
Old 2012-03-24, 22:33   Link #17763
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

He did, although that's in an audio drama.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-03-24, 22:34   Link #17764
whitecloud

hahaha...apocrypha...it's just all the magician mostly norse like other kind of magi is very minor when norse is supposed to be if we see it from geographical scale only encompasses very small portion of the world...the biggest i say would be along the line like budhist

Last edited by whitecloud; 2012-03-24 at 22:44.
Old 2012-03-24, 22:54   Link #17765
Miraluka
Banned

I think thats for other season of this series after NT ends.
Old 2012-03-25, 00:53   Link #17766
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Can anyone access main 31?
Old 2012-03-25, 00:56   Link #17767
tsunade666

The current opponents are the Norse mage a.k.a the gremlin. Kamachi doesn't mix everything together. A Norse mage use norse magic and if the current enemy are the Norse mage then you get only Norse mage opponent. Wait for the next arc to come. Maybe he will deal with Greece next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I apologize. > It was only broadcast in Hero TV just recently.
What really? the hell and we just cut off our sky cable last month.

EDIT.

I check bt and it's not just index. Other light novels too. You can access the site but if you access the translation a big

This is a cached copy of the requested page, and may not be up to date.

shows up. Like a technical problem or some sort. Not sure on what's happening.
Old 2012-03-25, 04:52   Link #17768
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I apologize. > It was only broadcast in Hero TV just recently.
HUWAAAT? Really, really? Index was just broadcast in Hero TV? Or is it Railgun?

Wait. But they do know that the RCC are portrayed as villains in Index, right? Padre Damaso would outright ban it and all anime after that.
Old 2012-03-25, 05:05   Link #17769
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
HUWAAAT? Really, really? Index was just broadcast in Hero TV? Or is it Railgun?

Wait. But they do know that the RCC are portrayed as villains in Index, right? Padre Damaso would outright ban it and all anime after that.
wait wait wait is this for real? i never thought it'd happen ever.

i mean, what with all the nun-punching. not to mention the stepping on crosses and man-made angels and all, heck even i found the latter two blasphemous.
Old 2012-03-25, 05:38   Link #17770
judasmartel
*Author

Yeah. Can Marcus confirm this? I really thought they will only release Railgun, but Index? It looks like they're looking forward to a field day with Padre Damaso over this one.
Old 2012-03-25, 06:07   Link #17771
leukrota

I know I'm kinda late on this, but I just found the time to read the novel... and WOW, freaking WOW, this volume was really epic. That was a real trip.

I don't know if I should be ashamed to admit it, but I haven't read in a while something that made me so excited with the unpredictable chain of events. I think this is the best volume Kazuma has written so far.

This time I really felt how the whole "science vs magic" collided. I mean, I don't recall any past occurrence in which one side didn't overwhelm the other. This time the fights were even (I know that was GREMLIN's objective from the start, but still...)

What I'm not sure if was preposterous and silly or just plain cool is how Kazuma transformed the Kihara name into the descriptor for a very intelligent, yet wild and dangerous wild beast... I can definitely see Aleister exclaiming:
- "Release the Kiharas".

And the revelation of the previous owner of Imagine Breaker!... who is an acquaintance of Ollerus!? I hope Kazuma is brave enough to tackle the mandatory conversation between Touma and the previous IB

Speaking of Touma, was so cool this time, too bad that was used this time to show just how hack an actual Majin is.

... BTW, now we have a better reference for Ollerus's power, and it's basically just below that absurdity... And to think that he implied that Gunha could be on par if he understood how to use his abilities... Just how strong Gunha is really? Do you guys think he'll become a major player at some point?

... Well, I think I'm digressing too much so I'll leave it at this for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
I wonder if we'll see Misaka in NT5 considering that she must be extremely pissed after Touma was successful in ditching her at the end of NT3.
Well, obviously she couldn't have been beside Touma in his defeat, since she would have gone berserk and only gotten herself killed... Not that she'll even know that.

I'm almost certain she'll appear in NT5... what I can't say is if she'll catch up with him or she'll be relegated to a side comment like in so many previous novels.
Old 2012-03-25, 07:05   Link #17772
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Did I mention Index being broadcast in Hero TV? It's actually Zettai Karen Children which was recently broadcast in Hero TV. I hope that stops that misunderstanding from getting worse.

See this link for the current anime series rotation for this month on Hero TV.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-03-25, 07:12   Link #17773
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Yeah. Can Marcus confirm this? I really thought they will only release Railgun, but Index? It looks like they're looking forward to a field day with Padre Damaso over this one.
Currently I can't confirm it because we don't have a cable but marcus was pointing out in zettai karen children being aired in hero tv. And if by chance philippines or hero tv aired or dub index before america then screw sky cable who always mess with me for always being offline. I WILL APPLY FOR RE-CONNECTION ON CABLE

If by chance Othinus begun his march in academy city. Then the anti-skill will evacuate the students. Well the normal ones then Aleister will release the Kihara's or his artificial heaven. But WAIT! there's MORE! Othinus will launch his immortal undying Einherjar.

EDIT:

I just notice that Einherjar reminds me of the throne of kings. Will Othinus launch heroic spirits to against academy city
Old 2012-03-25, 07:43   Link #17774
judasmartel
*Author

Hahaha. I thought so. Index would just incite Padre Damaso into action.
Old 2012-03-25, 07:53   Link #17775
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As Marian repeatedly mentioned, she's not a fighter type... Then again, neither is Utgard-Loki and Sigyn... But if this is Gremlin's standard for 'not suited for combat', then what the fuck is the standard of their combat members made of ?!?! Then again, Marian seem to be solo-ing everything by herself up to this point with the other two nowhere in sight so maybe she's the exception...
Well, remember Mjölnir? THAT's a combat oriented Gremlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The almost mythical status of 'Kamijou Touma' that Kamachi presents in this volume is kinda amusing- from Kagun's advise to seek him out "If you want to live", to Maria's "I've heard about him" and even Enshuu using his thought patterns as a viable weapon against another Kihara. It's super interesting seeing it from the POV of other people instead of said person's own POV... I'm not sure how to describe it... But it's like he's a superhero if you know what I mean
I know, it was quite amusing. Specially the fact that he turned out to be both Ransuu's and Loki's worst nightmare.
And, his name alone was enough to guarantee Enshuu's victory over Byouri.

Anyway, others said that he was already a legend, but I think his name continues to build up with each passing achievement. He definitely seemed more mythical this time than before... Hell, when he finally appears Maria thought something I've read before "Just by being there – he had naturally avoided a tragedy". I'm not sure from where I remember it, but there was a sage whose goal was to become someone capable of saving people just by being there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I just notice that Einherjar reminds me of the throne of kings. Will Othinus launch heroic spirits to against academy city
Well, those Einherjar sure sound like a huge problem, though I suspect Touma's punch would restore them to their dead state... which shouldn't count as kills since they are already dead, but it might look like he's actually killing them. I think that could make for an interesting situation.

I just remembered something. Could it be possible that Touma did not make it in time to save Maria, and that she turned the magic on her own? I mean, the crack appeared after Marian had activated the sword on her. I'm toying with the idea that maybe Maria became a holistic esper, after all, she seems special, and since she's a maid she might not have taken the curriculum... Well, it's just a thought.
Old 2012-03-25, 07:59   Link #17776
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Well, remember Mjölnir? THAT's a combat oriented Gremlin.
Well that ... thing could take on Kaori and a single hit from it can cause a crater of 20 km in radius imagine it launch in a city. The city would be gone in an instant.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:16   Link #17777
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I just remembered something. Could it be possible that Touma did not make it in time to save Maria, and that she turned the magic on her own? I mean, the crack appeared after Marian had activated the sword on her. I'm toying with the idea that maybe Maria became a holistic esper, after all, she seems special, and since she's a maid she might not have taken the curriculum... Well, it's just a thought.
...She's level 2. And Othinus never mentioned Maria as a possible candidate so no luck.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:49   Link #17778
Breidaluk

You need to read the Novel until the end. Kamachi explain about the new characters in the afterword.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:52   Link #17779
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
...She's level 2. And Othinus never mentioned Maria as a possible candidate so no luck.
So she does have a level? Hmm... I missed that.

Though there could be candidates unknown to Othinus, it's not like she's omniscient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
You need to read the Novel until the end. Kamachi explain about the new characters in the afterword.
Right, I tend to skip that, just went there now.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:05   Link #17780
judasmartel
*Author

So Maria is a level 2 Esper? What's her ability?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen