AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-14, 14:20   Link #61
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Nene Days is honestly really quite bad, I mean some series have "bad art" but this is really bad.

I can usually handle bad art, like in Onidere but I can't seem to do so with Nene Days.
I guess it also kinda depends on what type of series it will be.

Thank the gods, Seo is doing Rinko Days.
Old 2010-06-13, 12:07   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality

Just read all the scanned material that's out... completely worthless apart from Rinko's. Really enjoyed chapter 1 of Rinko Days, they had me when on the first page when Rinko called the lead weak after kicking his ass in a fighting game lol... nice to see Seo doing this.
Old 2010-06-13, 13:29   Link #63
RisArk

Seo should stick to doing adaptations.
Old 2010-06-13, 14:45   Link #64
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

When was the second chapter of Rinko Days scheduled to be released again? It was jUne 4th IIRC right?
Old 2010-06-14, 11:06   Link #65
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
When was the second chapter of Rinko Days scheduled to be released again? It was jUne 4th IIRC right?
It has been published in Japan. Just waiting for the scanlation now...this sucks sometimes, lol.
Old 2010-06-14, 12:20   Link #66
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Red Hawk is doing it again, right? This might take awhile lol.
Old 2010-06-14, 13:08   Link #67
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Red Hawk is doing it again, right? This might take awhile lol.
Red Hawk & Simple Scans. I do believe they are lacking a raw. That's actually what takes the longest for RH; they quick with everything else. Every group has something that limits them, most of the time it's either the raw or translation.
Old 2010-06-17, 20:22   Link #68
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I read the one about the girl and her dad getting another woman, and I didn't like the first chapter. It wasn't bad, just not what i wanted to read. It was kind of boring. I was hoping it'd be on the level as Amagami PD/SY, but the theme was just too diff for my liking .
Old 2010-06-18, 10:47   Link #69
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I read the one about the girl and her dad getting another woman, and I didn't like the first chapter. It wasn't bad, just not what i wanted to read. It was kind of boring. I was hoping it'd be on the level as Amagami PD/SY, but the theme was just too diff for my liking .
That was Kanojo no Kako. It's a prequel series, about the girls and how they came to be I suppose. I thought it was nice, the drawing was great. Rinko's dad looked really cool.
Old 2010-06-18, 11:11   Link #70
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

As long as it appears in due course, I'll be stoked. ^^
Old 2010-06-18, 11:12   Link #71
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

It was ok I thought, while I got nothing against it, all the more to see how a character is from before but when I know where it comes from and what characters are like, I kinda what to see the present day stuff.

but still seems any of the stuff that has to do with Rinko is the better fluff of the series, they seriously shanked the other girls.
Old 2010-06-18, 11:16   Link #72
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, there really isn't any intrigue, spice or tension if Nene and Manaka are already with someone. In Rinko's case, you get to see it from the time her and Aikawa meet and its tumultuous beginning. Not to mention the origins of the canned mackerel reference - that was hilarious. ^^

You need some form of conflict and controlled tenderness to make it work - the manga-ka of Rinko Days got the balance right, the other two made a cardinal mistake and it's cost them.
Old 2010-06-18, 15:29   Link #73
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
but still seems any of the stuff that has to do with Rinko is the better fluff of the series, they seriously shanked the other girls.
It all came down to who got the job. If Kawashita was doing Nene's, I bet it would have been awesome.
Old 2010-06-19, 01:55   Link #74
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That was Kanojo no Kako. It's a prequel series, about the girls and how they came to be I suppose. I thought it was nice, the drawing was great. Rinko's dad looked really cool.
Actually it a prequel series about Rinko. I kinda like it since it tells more about Rinko's life before she meet Wataru in High school.
Spoiler for Kanojo no Kako ch1:

PS:Has Love Plus Girls Talk been translated and i want to combined my Love Plus thread with this Love thread so who should i contact?
Old 2010-06-19, 02:04   Link #75
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It all came down to who got the job. If Kawashita was doing Nene's, I bet it would have been awesome.
For 3-5 chapters before running out of ideas and just going stale ecchi chapters that get repeated over and over again until it gets cut and pours all the remaining plot ideas in the last 4-3 chapters.
Old 2010-06-19, 02:31   Link #76
greedyisgood
easy mode

So Seo is the mangaka of Rinko Days which really suit him because of the short haired female protagonist which is know to his manga.

Also I do agree that Kawashita is doing the other series maybe because I do really like her art work same as to Seo.

Any news what will be the next manga of Kawasahita after Anedoki?
Old 2010-06-19, 08:46   Link #77
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ She did two one-shots for SJ recently and one of them might turn into a series.

Spoiler for Rinko Days chapter 2:

Last edited by Suzuku; 2010-06-19 at 09:16.
Old 2010-06-19, 10:02   Link #78
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

It's official, Rinko Days is the best of all the Love Plus manga. Can't wait for the next girl.

PS:Still waiting for Love Plus Girls Talk scans.
Old 2010-06-19, 12:19   Link #79
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
^ She did two one-shots for SJ recently and one of them might turn into a series.
I remember the idol one and I really doubt it will be turned into series. It wa given a cold shoulder by the readership as both story and the characters seemed below mediocre this time. Even heroine looks were plain.

I do not know about the other one shot she had.

The chapter two was pretty good but hwo can you be sure the next chapter will focus on Nene because from the images and covers it seems like the two main ones will Rinko and Manaka, Nene doesn't seem like she is within the main cast.
Old 2010-06-20, 00:01   Link #80
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Yeah, I haven't seen that second one either yet. I'm hoping it was better than Boku no Idol since that was pretty mediocre. I'm hoping Kawashita manages to come up with another hit; I know she has it in her, but she seems like a one trick pony at this point.

Nene is on the opening cover of the first chapter with Rinko and Manaka so I'm just assuming she will eventually be introduced in the manga, I'm just thinking it will be next chapter.
Closed Thread

Tags
seinen, shounen