AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-27, 10:52   Link #61
Kuroyuki
Obscure Unknown

My guess would be that

Spoiler for speculations, completely unprovened:

-K
Old 2010-05-27, 11:25   Link #62
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yet another vague element of the Bleach universe has been created that will, doubtless, be left underdeveloped and Handwaved.
Old 2010-05-27, 11:37   Link #63
Nite-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yet another vague element of the Bleach universe has been created that will, doubtless, be left underdeveloped and Handwaved.
Well since this arc has been stretching on since forever expect this concept to get trumped by the facts that we already know about zanpakutou.

There can never be 2 of the same zanpakutou, you cant have the same technique as another zanpakutou since that would break the first rule.

Now I know for a fact that Kubo is probably going to go against his own logic.
Old 2010-05-27, 11:43   Link #64
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Well since this arc has been stretching on since forever expect this concept to get trumped by the facts that we already know about zanpakutou.

There can never be 2 of the same zanpakutou, you cant have the same technique as another zanpakutou since that would break the first rule.

Now I know for a fact that Kubo is probably going to go against his own logic.
the rules about that were set by central 46. it's not like one person will automatically explode if some unseen force sees them with the same zanpakuto.

and, really? who's gonna enforce the rules when central 46 is dead, a condomified aizen is on the talking rampage and most of the top teir of the gotei 13 are either dead/incapacitated/stuck in hueco mundo/bored and doing f all.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-05-27, 12:08   Link #65
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonotme_9FedriqSama View Post
I don't think Isshin has released his zanpakuto yet...never heard him call his zanpakuto's name.....
assuming he achieved bankai he doesn't have to

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Funny, I was thinking just the opposite. Instead of showing us something new, Kubo's just giving us another stupid Getsuga, like we haven't already seen it not work a thousand times in the past.

Well, there's the possibility that he hasn't released, which would make things more interesting. But it's still annoying.
a new move would have been more or less pointless(like Urahara's) while the GT is probably a foretaste of what is to come(the postponed twist Aizen was about to reveal when Isshin barged in)
Old 2010-05-27, 12:22   Link #66
Nite-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
the rules about that were set by central 46. it's not like one person will automatically explode if some unseen force sees them with the same zanpakuto.

and, really? who's gonna enforce the rules when central 46 is dead, a condomified aizen is on the talking rampage and most of the top teir of the gotei 13 are either dead/incapacitated/stuck in hueco mundo/bored and doing f all.
Are you saying that the Central 46 are not reliable? or are you implying that Aizen made up those rules while he had everyone under an illusion in their chambers?
The rules aren't laws they are just things that are not possible. Its impossible to have 2 of the same zanpakutou since thats duplicating the same soul inside the sword twice.
Old 2010-05-27, 12:51   Link #67
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

the "rules" were mentioned in the diamond dust rebellion movie (which kubo had involvement with), and central 46 decreed back then (during student hitsugaya's time) that those who wield the same zanpakuto must fight to the death.

that was the shinigami tradition, and it was central 46 who enforced that rule.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-05-27, 12:56   Link #68
kamyu

Quote:
.and youroichi never seem to carry a zanpakuto does she even has one????
she had one in some flashbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Are you saying that the Central 46 are not reliable?
considering they are dead, yeah, they are pretty unreliable at the moment.
Old 2010-05-27, 13:00   Link #69
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Damn never thought Gin was this powerful to own Hollow Ichigo that fast :lol Pathetic
Old 2010-05-27, 13:12   Link #70
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
the "rules" were mentioned in the diamond dust rebellion movie (which kubo had involvement with), and central 46 decreed back then (during student hitsugaya's time) that those who wield the same zanpakuto must fight to the death.

that was the shinigami tradition, and it was central 46 who enforced that rule.
wow... never saw that movie, but that's a pretty stupid rule right there
"We're sorry but the sword whose nature, powers, and appearance you have absolutly no control over is the same as someone else's and we can't allow that... rather than let you both become shinigami and become great assets to soul society, we have decided that one of you must die"... I mean, sure we had kenpachi's trail by combat method of captain selection, but if i recall it was never stated that it had to be a fight to the death... it's just an very possible outcome since neither fighter is expected to hold back... Making two shinigami fight to the death just because they have the same sword sounds really damn petty
Old 2010-05-27, 13:12   Link #71
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Damn never thought Gin was this powerful to own Hollow Ichigo that fast :lol Pathetic
Kubo had no idea how Gin would be able to take down hollow Ichigo...so he had to skip the fight =( I hope the animators could think up something
Old 2010-05-27, 13:15   Link #72
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Kubo had no idea how Gin would be able to take down hollow Ichigo...so he had to skip the fight =( I hope the animators could think up something
I was about to edit and reply with "ya a sure wish we could have actually SEEN that fight, rather than watching Aizen brag about how awesome he is"...
Ya kubo had no idea how gin would win without turning ichigo into a walking pin cushion
Old 2010-05-27, 13:16   Link #73
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Yea and Kubo needs To show The Hisagi and Kensei reunion too that would be a nice break from this boring ass fight

I wonder if Gin told Ichigo to run because he knows Matsumoto is on her way. Just to save Ichigo the embarrassment or is Matsumoto gonna kill Gin like Hisagi killed Tousen ( Now that would be hilarious )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Exactly

Last edited by King Lycan; 2010-05-27 at 13:32.
Old 2010-05-27, 13:46   Link #74
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
wow... never saw that movie, but that's a pretty stupid rule right there
"We're sorry but the sword whose nature, powers, and appearance you have absolutly no control over is the same as someone else's and we can't allow that... rather than let you both become shinigami and become great assets to soul society, we have decided that one of you must die"... I mean, sure we had kenpachi's trail by combat method of captain selection, but if i recall it was never stated that it had to be a fight to the death... it's just an very possible outcome since neither fighter is expected to hold back... Making two shinigami fight to the death just because they have the same sword sounds really damn petty
Actually, Zangetsu gave a pretty good reason for it. It was because if they didn't then they would break the balance in much the same way Quincys were doing.

A case where Soul Society were actually truly Grey, rather than just random mixes of Black and White, like Kubo does most of the time.
Old 2010-05-27, 13:49   Link #75
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
assuming he achieved bankai he doesn't have to

a new move would have been more or less pointless(like Urahara's) while the GT is probably a foretaste of what is to come(the postponed twist Aizen was about to reveal when Isshin barged in)
We've never seen Isshin's shikai, so when he releases it's safe to assume Kubo will make a big deal of it. I can see a chapter ending with Isshin saying the name, the next chapter being solely about him releasing and preparing to use a technique that we won't see until the week after, and a two page spread of the actual release. That's just how Kubo rolls . . .

Kisuke's new moves weren't pointless. I don't expect any of the current fighters to take down Aizen, so it doesn't matter if they hurt him or not. I do, however, expect to see more of what these characters can do as some of the supposedly strongest fighters in the manga. That means I want to see new moves and attacks that would be effective if the opponent wasn't Aizen. Getsuga Tenshou is not that attack. It fails, all the time, against all kinds of opponents.
Old 2010-05-27, 13:53   Link #76
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Yea and Kubo needs To show The Hisagi and Kensei reunion too that would be a nice break from this boring ass fight

I wonder if Gin told Ichigo to run because he knows Matsumoto is on her way. Just to save Ichigo the embarrassment or is Matsumoto gonna kill Gin like Hisagi killed Tousen ( Now that would be hilarious )

Exactly
I would like to see that....and I don't think Kensei actually fought Aizen he was busy somewhere else....at lease we never saw Aizen attack him
Old 2010-05-27, 13:55   Link #77
Magnus N

Send a message via MSN to Magnus N
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
We've never seen Isshin's shikai, so when he releases it's safe to assume Kubo will make a big deal of it. I can see a chapter ending with Isshin saying the name, the next chapter being solely about him releasing and preparing to use a technique that we won't see until the week after, and a two page spread of the actual release. That's just how Kubo rolls . . .
Only because we havent seen his release doesnt mean he wont use a teqnique from it. As said, he doesnt need to call the name when you have achieved bankai(we dont know if he has one yet though, but come on, If he dont have a bankai its bs from Kubo )
Old 2010-05-27, 13:56   Link #78
kamyu

Quote:
I would like to see that....and I don't think Kensei actually fought Aizen he was busy somewhere else....at lease we never saw Aizen attack him
the best guess for that is that wonderweiss defeated kensei off screen. they were paired up to fight, and then... thats it.
Old 2010-05-27, 14:10   Link #79
kenshinobu

Send a message via Yahoo to kenshinobu
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So Ai-chan gets pwn'd (for a page, until it is revealed that hitting him only makes him stronger...), and Gin talks shit...Okay, sounds fun.
1.i've got a feeling this is gonna be a shishio ending- goddamnit aizen's made himself a freak... till he self destructs everyone hide!

2. gin will be insane- only to be healed by matsumoto and realises the errors of his ways and says sorry.

the end.
Old 2010-05-27, 14:41   Link #80
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
the best guess for that is that wonderweiss defeated kensei off screen. they were paired up to fight, and then... thats it.
Good potential for anime only material to stretch out the material right there!

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread