AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 45 29.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 15.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 11.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 16 10.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.65%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-20, 04:59   Link #81
aishi16

my reasons why there should be a 2nd season:

kuroneko was going to call him something else.
i think it'd be funny ^^
saori didn't let them know what she really was.
an ojou-sama(even though there's no reason why she has to)
ayase still doesn't accept kirino's hobbies
even though, they're still friends
manami is still misunderstood as his girl
also, kirino forgot that she was her onii-chan's childhood friend
kirino's life counseling isn't over
(her only reason why kyousuke follows her favors)
kyousuke agrees ^^

which are also reasons of a good end ^^
Old 2010-12-20, 05:10   Link #82
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So...

This is probably the ending I want, where they stay brothers and sisters with no wincest. But somehow, it's not satisfying at all. They do have an understanding of each other in the end, which is good, but the problem I have with the ending is that life goes on. To exaggerate what this means, I felt like I wasted my time watching an anime that goes right back to where it started. Even though Kirino "caved," they are both still outwardly stubborn to each other, no different from the very first episode, so from a viewer's point of view, there is absolutely no progress.

The best way for me summarize how I feel is that this is the direction I want, but I don't see episode 12 as an ending, as if something else can develop that the viewer should see. My main problem with this episode is how Kirino started punching Kyou-chan again, which I thought her not doing so was a remarkable improvement. The other main problem is how Kyou-chan said to Manami "nothing important" when she inquired about his good mood. Without these two scenes, I believe episode 12 would be a perfect ending. Alternatives can be Kirino angrily slamming the door on Kyou-chan instead of punching him, and Kyou-chan simply admitting something happened with Kirino without going into details.

Even so, the best moment in the episode is the walk to school, because Kyou-chan was actually smiling instead of flinching every time Kirino talks, and Kirino was chatting with Kyou-chan like a brother instead of some disgusting pervert.

EDIT: I just realized that the only reason I wanted more episodes (for this "ending") is because I want to see nekomimi Kirino.
Old 2010-12-20, 05:11   Link #83
larethian

not sure why people are hung up about wincest, in fact after watching the first few episodes, I got the feeling this isn't going down that path, even more so after reading the LN. this is too mainstream anyway. in fact, the wincest route would be a "Bad End" imo.
Old 2010-12-20, 05:18   Link #84
ninja_pintu

Well, the ending wasn't anything special, though as I expected, it didn't resolve anything at all. Hopefully we'll get something more conclusive in True end.
But this last episode was very good. Especially the first half was really funny. The second half wasn't as good, though it was to be expected as they had to both introduce and resolve a plotline in 10-15 minutes
Old 2010-12-20, 05:24   Link #85
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
not sure why people are hung up about wincest, in fact after watching the first few episodes, I got the feeling this isn't going down that path, even more so after reading the LN. this is too mainstream anyway. in fact, the wincest route would be a "Bad End" imo.
Read the Manga, Kirino is different compared to her anime incarnation. She's much much more dere. There was a ton of "flag moments" that was left out of the anime due to time constraints.
Old 2010-12-20, 05:46   Link #86
Malteron

I tried to hit that spoiler flag, but I guess it didn't work out... I read the original post and it clearly says, no spoilers.... sorry about that.
Old 2010-12-20, 06:17   Link #87
Andrelol

Pretty average ending... Nothing really happened... LOL.
Old 2010-12-20, 06:51   Link #88
revive4563

It's according to expectation and somewhat unsatisfactory.

But only the last moment smells of incest a bit.

They have no balls...
Old 2010-12-20, 07:31   Link #89
-Rhythm
けいおん!

I smiled when Kyousuke agreed right away when Kirino said that the life counselling isn't over yet. =X
Old 2010-12-20, 07:37   Link #90
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Man, these last 2 episodes just feel so disjointed. Last episode feels like separated into 2 extremely bipolar halves, here too. As a standalone episode, this is a good and very funny episode. But the mood whiplash... whoa. The last third just felt utterly garbled until the very end, but the laptop falling on the floor was a good touch-- she's upset for real this time. But hey, you can't keep it to yourself all the time? Well, at least she decides to stay; I guess we're all good for now.

The best part of this episode was probaly the yaoi fangirls clapping. If I had a list of top 10 funny moments this year, it has a good chance of winning. Plus moar meido Kuroneko. Ayase was pretty funny in her little part too; maybe she will learn to lighten up a bit more.

It's fine though. Almost every show I've seen in the past 12 months has crashed and burned with the ending but Ore no Imouto at least exits with some dignity-- no incest was a good call. 7/10

Now to collect all the rest of the secrets and unlock the true end. (So how do we get the True ending for 100%, collect all the eroge? Find out some character's secret?)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-12-20, 07:50   Link #91
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Good end this? Seems a bad end. Eh eh.

Can't wait to see more alternate endings.
Old 2010-12-20, 08:01   Link #92
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

This episode was great in its own "Good End" way. Kirino's and Kuroneko's fanservices (had to replay this a few times!).. Dad being tsun.. and I lol'd at Kyousuke being a punching bag again Well beside the abrupt flight to America situation.. but since I heard about the flight spoiler beforehand, it doesn't affect me much plus I'm rather sleepy from backing up my stuff

Good End dealt with, True End please and Season Two too!
Old 2010-12-20, 08:08   Link #93
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
So, in a way, that's the final episode for Ore Imo...Well, knowing that this is an anime original ending and not the true ending, closing everything up in a life goes on way isn't really unexpected, really, and personally I don't have much complaints about it. I have the exact same thought as Kyousuke at seeing Kirino, it's like she's replaced by a clone or Skrull alien or something. It's funny to see Kyousuke finding a kindred spirit in Akagi, I wonder if we'll ever see his sister later?

About the debate whether Kyousuke is a tsundere...Frankly, I'm still not sure myself. For me the greatest evidence supporting this is when he's talking with Saori this ep, blushing while denying. What's strange is this is Saori he's usually pretty open with, and it's not really that touchy anyway. Perhaps he's embarrassed if people know that he did all those things for Kirino not just due to his duty as a big brother, but because he cared about Kirino as well? But that should be bloody obvious seeing how much he sacrificed for her.

On the other hand, perhaps it's because I feel the exact same thing, but I find nothing strange in Kyousuke not readily accepting Kirino's dere and stays cautious. About when he finally knows that Kirino is about to leave to US, to me it seems that he also doesn't want Kirino to leave. However, he understands that it's a rare opportunity, something that at least part of Kirino wants, so he decided not to be selfish and push his own thoughts and genuinely wants Kirino to decide for herself what she wants. Sure, he's not 100% honest, but maybe it's because he doesn't want Kirino to be further confused at the last moment.

Only after Kirino got angry ("I don't like you and vice versa") does he snap. anger clouding his judgment and says something he doesn't really mean. If that constitutes as tsundere then I guess it is, but one thing for sure is that she's nowhere near as tsundere as his little sister.

About my favorite character Kuroneko, I find it intriguing that she says she's about to change her way of calling Kyousuke onii-san to something else. Really, perhaps it's because I just watch Yosuga no Sora, but here I don't get any incest vibes (definitely brocon/siscon, but not lust) regardless of what the True Ending will entail (it's obvious from the eroge that she'll definitely go to US though). This, however, will instantly change if Kuroneko is Kyousuke's little sister. Not to mention her neko action in front of the mirror...Ahh, they really know how to grab me for a 2nd season.
Old 2010-12-20, 08:13   Link #94
revive4563

I thought alternate "true" ending is best ending in the first place but on second thought,

I think this IS the best ending. Though H-scene was omitted...

I hope DVD/BD contains omitted scene.
Old 2010-12-20, 08:45   Link #95
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

very touching episode. I hope there'll be another season.
Old 2010-12-20, 09:11   Link #96
Thoguht

I really don't know what to make of this series now. Its plotting is well thought-out, the animation/art is generally OK, it has its share of "awwww" moments (like Kuroneko at the end of this episode), but damn it all, if it doesn't contain one of the most unlikeable characters I've ever had the misfortune to come across. I know that only a few weeks ago I was admonishing someone here for saying pretty much the same thing as I'm about to say now, but Kirino's character has really gone beyond acceptable limits this time and soured the whole thing for me.
Old 2010-12-20, 09:12   Link #97
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Looking at the episode again, it's obvious it's around April (there's cherry blossoms, one of the sign in the midnight stand says something like 04.08). So, if I'm not mistaken, it's almost time for Japanese students to go to the next grade, right? If so, with Kirino saying that she'll be gone until high school, so that means she'll be gone for a year? Also, I know her parents already know, but I wonder if everyone else but Kyousuke (Saori, Kuroneko, Ayase, Kanako) already know that Kirino going to US tomorrow? Which is strange why they don't have stronger reaction with their best friend about to leave, although I guess Kirino instructs them not to inform or make Kyousuke suspicious as she's going to tell him herself.

Speaking of graduating to the next grade, maybe I got my shipping goggles too tight when seeing Kuroneko's ambiguous comment? I mean, maybe she's just about to go to Kyousuke's school (she supposed to live nearby anyway) and thus calling him sempai? Stil, even if that's true it doesn't mean that she will never change to call him 'anata'...

Oh yeah, I forgot about Saori and her random 'nyoron' in the end. Maybe she's channeling Tsuruya there? I mean, they're both mysterious and secretly rich...I suppose that may be a joke from the writers, and Saori being an otaku, it's perfectly normal for her to watch Suzumiya Haruhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
O.o second season? Hope there not pulling a nyan koi saying another season and make wait for ever and ever and ever =.=
With Nyan Koi, it's not really that much of the studio's fault really. If I'm not wrong, the mangaka got really sick which makes the manga progress to be delayed / stalled for a time, not sure what's the status of that right now...The point is, because of that there wasn't enough original material to begin with, so they have to wait patiently for that, I prefer that rather than having some anime original material that may be unreliable.

Don't worry, there's no way they won't continue Ore Imo. This is THE anime of the season, defniitely the most popular, controversial and talked about all over. Even in this site, for each episode thread there's almost 200 posts for each one, and that's not counting the other threads as well. Looking at Amazon pre-order, for instance, this series reign in as number one. Really, this series is a major success, I'm 100% confident we'll get a second season as long as there's enough material from the original LN.
Old 2010-12-20, 09:27   Link #98
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
We need an entire episode dedicated to Kuroneko in her maid costume and cat ears, and acting like a cat. Just like what she's doing in the mirror.
Yes, yes, and thrice yes!

Best bit of the episode, clearly!

Am I the only person who was reminded of the Neko Nyan Dance from Chocotto Sister?
Old 2010-12-20, 09:38   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU - Firefox crashed and I lost my whole post. Here we go again...

W-What is this? This is not the Kirino I know and hate! T-There's no way she can be this cute! Her attitude change was very refreshing, even if it was a bit abrupt and you could tell she was forcing herself ("tsun" is her natural mode). Thankfully (not really), she went back to her old self at the end of the episode, the balance of the universe has thus been restored.

Kyousuke remains the biggest sandbag I've seen this year. His reaction upon meeting Kirino in the morning at the beginning of the episode was hilarious. He acts like a victim of domestic violence around her, he is terrified everytime she as much as glare at him . Quite pathetic, really. Futhermore, what kind of brother lets his little sister kick his ass? (I burst out laughing when Kirino headbutted him ). I have to side with the people claiming Kyousuke is also tsundere. As someone else already said, this trait seems to run in the family, I'm pretty sure Kirino and Kyousuke inherited it from their father. Kyousuke obviously wanted Kirino to stay, but once Kirino reinitiated her "tsun mode" and told him she didn't like him, he instinctively went into tsun mode himself and didn't speak his true feelings. It's a some sort of vicious circle. Tsuntsun leads to more tsuntsun.

The best scene of the episode (aside from Kuroneko posing in fron fo the mirror <3) was the home-ge scene. I hope we'll see Akagi's sister at some point. Looks like she's also quite a handful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
So...

This is probably the ending I want, where they stay brothers and sisters with no wincest. But somehow, it's not satisfying at all. They do have an understanding of each other in the end, which is good, but the problem I have with the ending is that life goes on. To exaggerate what this means, I felt like I wasted my time watching an anime that goes right back to where it started. Even though Kirino "caved," they are both still outwardly stubborn to each other, no different from the very first episode, so from a viewer's point of view, there is absolutely no progress.

The best way for me summarize how I feel is that this is the direction I want, but I don't see episode 12 as an ending, as if something else can develop that the viewer should see. My main problem with this episode is how Kirino started punching Kyou-chan again, which I thought her not doing so was a remarkable improvement. The other main problem is how Kyou-chan said to Manami "nothing important" when she inquired about his good mood. Without these two scenes, I believe episode 12 would be a perfect ending. Alternatives can be Kirino angrily slamming the door on Kyou-chan instead of punching him, and Kyou-chan simply admitting something happened with Kirino without going into details.
Agreed. This life goes on ending doesn't feel like a proper end to me (in fact, it isn't, since there is a "true end" incoming (I'm scared...)). I wouldn't go as far as to say we're back to square one, however. There has been progress throughout the series, it's just that said progress isn't significant enough to make this ending satisfying. Kyousuke and Kirino still haven't sorted out their feelings, and their relationship hasn't changed all that much since the second episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
mmm, I honestly didn't like the episode too much, it was sort of all over the place, and what the hell was in the album? I really want to know, I was expecting she took pictures of him decretly or something as they grew up....
I expected the album to contain pictures she took secretly as well, but not pictures of Kyousuke... pictures of little girls! Alas, it looks like it was just a regular family album.
Old 2010-12-20, 09:45   Link #100
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

This is more of a "Meh" end than a "Good" end. Seriously, this episode couldn't have been more average. Oh well, guess I'll join those waiting for the continuation whenever it happens.

Only real highlight from this ep was Nekomimi Meido Kuroneko in front of the mirror. She really does steal the show whenever she's on camera.
Closed Thread