AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-02-27, 09:01   Link #4681
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Alright, under the doctor's order after my checkup on my damn legs that don't want to heal properly, I am to abstain from any "stressful legwork" for 1 month. Meaning no running, jumping, DDR, or long-distance walking until my calf and ankle muscles are healing properly.

The problem is, I have been hoarding enough fat 2-weeks after Chinese New Year (I was eating like a pig) that if I don't get rid of them soon they are going to be permanent. Anyone knows of a leg-free method to get rid of fat other than going vegan (also prohibited by doc since meat products help rebuild muscle fibres)?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 09:20   Link #4682
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This should get you started.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 09:28   Link #4683
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Waifu training?

Exercise is still the way to go. General exercise though, spot training is a pile of BS.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 09:48   Link #4684
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Training like that won't burn fat much, only calories. I couldn't think of anything other than doing the usual run around the area I live at 5am in the morning. Besides, I am not a fan of big boobs - I find beauty in regular or flatness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Waifu training?

Exercise is still the way to go. General exercise though, spot training is a pile of BS.
Like?

Unless that left ankle starts healing properly, or those damn researchers start making nano-repairbot infusions, my leg is out of commission for 4 weeks. I even have an MC to prove it. I may not need crutches, but those scans only muscles are scary - there is one part that continues to be inflamed after 2 months and "there are bits and pieces of missing tissue in my calf muscles" (as quoted from doc).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-27, 10:00   Link #4685
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm curious as to why you got myositis (since it's inflamed) and possibly atrophic or necrotic (since you have missing tissue).

Anyway if you can't use your legs get one of those stationary hand bikes, or refit a bicycle pedal into a stationary one for your arms.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 10:09   Link #4686
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm curious as to why you got myositis (since it's inflamed) and possibly atrophic or necrotic (since you have missing tissue).
Long story. Basically it was due to an open wound, drain water and garang that got me into this.

The missing pieces of tissue aren't that much, they are attributed to muscle tears and fibres snapping, and they are pretty small but all over the place as she says. The problem is the myositis that has gone undetected for 2 months - after walking long distances or doing bus/train dashes there are pins and needles in that area, often which I ignore.

Quote:
Anyway if you can't use your legs get one of those stationary hand bikes, or refit a bicycle pedal into a stationary one for your arms.
Good idea. Let's try that out.

Old 2011-02-28, 06:13   Link #4687
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

guys, I'm downloading the PS3 system update on the US playstation network
I don't know the region code thingy for my PS3, but I did bought it here on my country (Philippines)

will this system update still work though it's from a different country?

EDIT:
nevermind, it worked
lol

Last edited by Frailty; 2011-02-28 at 10:08.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 15:29   Link #4688
qwertyuiopz

what is this youtube crap forcing me to have a google account and text to verify?!?!? :@!!
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 16:38   Link #4689
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
what is this youtube crap forcing me to have a google account and text to verify?!?!? :@!!
it was an optional function originally when google bought a youtube to link the account to a gmail account, but as time progressed it's become a requirement to have a youtube account. It's not really a big deal you can make a gmail account to link to it easily, and the text verify is standard random generated words that plenty of sites.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 21:55   Link #4690
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I have two questions (which are not related):

1) Is there an (or more than one) anime that use quite basic grammar structure and vocabulary, so that i can watch to practice my Japanese listening skill? Extra bonus for me if it's interesting/ adorable/ funny (about how good I am at Japanese, i leant Japanese for 160-170 hours in span of 2 years, but I'm quite bad comparing to others)

2) On stereotype, billionaires or very rich people often seen either eat luxury foods (black caviar,truffles and the like..) or meals in very fancy restaurant (well you get the ideas). But what if they like very simple foods such as apples, banana or instant noodles? Do they just go to supermarket (or simply an organic market) to buy some and bring home to eat?
Old 2011-03-02, 05:54   Link #4691
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
2) On stereotype, billionaires or very rich people often seen either eat luxury foods (black caviar,truffles and the like..) or meals in very fancy restaurant (well you get the ideas). But what if they like very simple foods such as apples, banana or instant noodles? Do they just go to supermarket (or simply an organic market) to buy some and bring home to eat?
I don't know if his family members are "billionaires", but an old friend of mine from secondary school, whose father is the founder of one of the only two remaining independent stockbrokers here, very likely has many more zeros in his bank account than I will see in my lifetime.

The thing is, growing up, you'd hardly guess that he's rich kid. He's just a regular guy, like the rest of us, who relishes canteen food as much as gourmet fare. He dresses so sloppily at times, you'd think he's a bum. And, when it comes to Chinese martial arts, he's every bit a geek, just like any other type of otaku.

Here's the lesson I've learnt over the years: the more a "rich man" flaunts his wealth, the greater the likelihood that he's actually very insecure about his riches. Meaning to say, chances are, he's fake.

Do bratty rich folk exist? Sure they do. The stereotypes do, after all, come from somewhere. But not every "billionaire" is the same. By all accounts, Warren Buffett appears to be a rather down-to-earth guy, too.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 06:29   Link #4692
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Alright, under the doctor's order after my checkup on my damn legs that don't want to heal properly, I am to abstain from any "stressful legwork" for 1 month. Meaning no running, jumping, DDR, or long-distance walking until my calf and ankle muscles are healing properly.

The problem is, I have been hoarding enough fat 2-weeks after Chinese New Year (I was eating like a pig) that if I don't get rid of them soon they are going to be permanent. Anyone knows of a leg-free method to get rid of fat other than going vegan (also prohibited by doc since meat products help rebuild muscle fibres)?
I would say recovering is your first priority and losing the fat can come any time. Running is the best fat-burning exercise, but a good compromise for you until you recover could be swimming with only your torso and upper limb while letting your legs float (or using them very gently). This should help circulation to the area and stimulate repair. I would confirm with your doctor that it's okay to follow any advice given here though (though not using your legs should meet his requirements).

There's not much you can do since most aerobic exercise requires some kind of weight bearing and muscle action to go with it.

Another good way to lose weight or to keep lean is to eat mostly fish and lean meat for your protein source and vegetables/fruit for your carbs.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 06:42   Link #4693
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I would say recovering is your first priority and losing the fat can come any time. Running is the best fat-burning exercise, but a good compromise for you until you recover could be swimming with only your torso and upper limb while letting your legs float (or using them very gently). This should help circulation to the area and stimulate repair. I would confirm with your doctor that it's okay to follow any advice given here though (though not using your legs should meet his requirements).

There's not much you can do since most aerobic exercise requires some kind of weight bearing and muscle action to go with it.

Another good way to lose weight or to keep lean is to eat mostly fish and lean meat for your protein source and vegetables/fruit for your carbs.
I am not allowed to run as much as I like moving really fast.

The only thing I have confirmed is that I am not allowed to do strenuous leg exercises until the end of March, like running and jumping. Right now I eat alot less because I have no appetite due to not moving around as much as before. But that doesn't help me keep that bulge off my stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Here's the lesson I've learnt over the years: the more a "rich man" flaunts his wealth, the greater the likelihood that he's actually very insecure about his riches. Meaning to say, chances are, he's fake.
This is an interesting part. Some really rich people actually don't intend to flaunt their wealth, it is that they have worked so hard towards it so that they can have more to spend to make themselves feel good - and thus they end up owning all sorts of luxury items and making themselves look like show-offs.

I do middle-manning for this rather affluent friend of mine - he places orders for all the anime and manga figurines once they are available regardless of the price tag, and routes them to my house since he is frequently moving from place to place around the world. The way he spends money on these figures really stuns me - does he even check his account balance? On average last year, excluding AFA, he already routed around 40 figurines and animanga related goods to my house.

And no, he doesn't buy on credit. He is the sort that does not believe in spending money that is not his.

Quote:
Do bratty rich folk exist? Sure they do. The stereotypes do, after all, come from somewhere. But not every "billionaire" is the same. By all accounts, Warren Buffett appears to be a rather down-to-earth guy, too.
Buffett is an investor-trader. He doesn't get people to give him money unlike most "rich people", in fact, people want him to give them money (invest in their companies).

OT : Welcome back. Haven't seen you post much last 2 months.

Old 2011-03-02, 06:51   Link #4694
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am not allowed to run as much as I like moving really fast.

The only thing I have confirmed is that I am not allowed to do strenuous leg exercises until the end of March, like running and jumping. Right now I eat alot less because I have no appetite due to not moving around as much as before. But that doesn't help me keep that bulge off my stomach.
Well, as we all know losing weight happens naturally if you have a good diet and exercise regularly but it does take time, so as long as you keep doing the right things the bulge will go away soon enough. Just don't compromise your health over some fat which can be lost quickly as soon as you're healthy.

For example you could run a 300km ultramarathon and you'll have lost that fat in the 13 days it takes you to finish it. For another day though.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 09:43   Link #4695
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
1) Is there an (or more than one) anime that use quite basic grammar structure and vocabulary, so that i can watch to practice my Japanese listening skill? Extra bonus for me if it's interesting/ adorable/ funny (about how good I am at Japanese, i leant Japanese for 160-170 hours in span of 2 years, but I'm quite bad comparing to others)
Obviously since I speak no Japanese I can't give an informed answer to this question. Nevertheless I think you might want to give Chi's Sweet Home a try. Unfortunately only the second season is available legally in R1. There are subs for the first season, but you won't find them here because the producers requested they be removed. The target audience is clearly families and especially young children, and it's definitely adorable and funny. Higepiyo might be another option.

Two other, more serious, shows that have a similar audience might be Kemono no Sou-ja Erin and Mahou Shoujotai Arusu. If you're concerned about comparing your understanding with the subtitles, the subbed version of Erin is generally seen as vastly superior to the CR version. Dennou Coil might be another good choice, though the intended audience is a bit older than that for Chi.

Another possibility might be Hanamaru Kindergarten since the kids are all about five. Despite that, it's really more a show for adults, so I don't know how complex the language is.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2011-03-02 at 09:57.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 21:25   Link #4696
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Thank you everyone for the answers (@Tiny Leaf: aww.. can't add rep till later)...

So basically, our friend from high school, or any random international student could turn out to be son of billionaires or high-level government officials. Same to our hobby or club friends then...
Then suddenly i thought: could it be that SaintessHeart is actually a member of Arab Saudi royalties who is owning a whole oil empire...
Old 2011-03-03, 22:42   Link #4697
monster

Is there a way to electronically and quickly (say, within a week) close a free AOL/AIM email/IM account? AOL's help page seems to be outdated so it's not much of a help to me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 00:35   Link #4698
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the answers (@Tiny Leaf: aww.. can't add rep till later)...

So basically, our friend from high school, or any random international student could turn out to be son of billionaires or high-level government officials. Same to our hobby or club friends then...
Then suddenly i thought: could it be that SaintessHeart is actually a member of Arab Saudi royalties who is owning a whole oil empire...
1. I am Chinese-mixed blood.
2. I am practically broke because of the way I save money for future investment plans.

So there is no way I can be that rich.

Old 2011-03-04, 14:32   Link #4699
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
A quick addition to SeijiSensei's list would be Aishiteruze Baby. The dialogues are usually fairly simple, but more importantly the characters tend to talk slowly. This must because the protagonist is a child and a lot of dialogues involve her (a 5 years old who behaves accordingly, no super skills or whatsoever); either way the dialogues are essentially slow and simple even between adults.
Old 2011-03-06, 03:22   Link #4700
Asuras
Dictadere~!

In all these samurai movies, the shoguns or whatever are always holding these images in a stick. What the hell are those?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious