AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-09, 19:14   Link #1
negativeone

spring 2007 season anime suggestions for an anime noob

wow its been a while since i last posted here, and even though i already watched like over 25 different anime since i started watching anime i still havent watched any anime from this season. and well are there any good anime this season.

edit: actually now that i remember i saw the first to episodes of romeo x juliet, and gurren lagann
Old 2007-05-09, 19:50   Link #2
gomez999

hmm, lets see..
Kaze No Stigma is pretty decent
and
Heroic Age
Old 2007-05-09, 20:20   Link #3
jedinat

Seirei no Moribito
Lovely Complex
Seto no Hanayome
Probably my three favorite at the moment.
Old 2007-05-09, 21:14   Link #4
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Bokurano
Darker Than Black

are my top picks. If you liked Eureka 7 you'll probably like Darker Than Black since they are both by BONES who may or may not have a weakness when it comes to producing shows that make you think.
Old 2007-05-09, 22:05   Link #5
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I also suggest Seirei no Moribito. Easily the coolest show of the season IMHO.
Old 2007-05-09, 22:43   Link #6
StrawHatLuffy23

Haytate no Gotoku
Over Drive
Claymore
Old 2007-05-09, 23:30   Link #7
7Th
Mixtape

Gurren-Lagann, extremely charismatic super-robot show with a crazily fun direction, a hot-blooded classical adventure EPIC plot that extends to infinity and a visual style full of interesting animation.
The SkullMan, anti-hero super sentai with intriguing storyline, solid presentation, good art direction even if unimpressive animation and a stylish "Marvels"-like presentation.
Darker than Black, cool moody show, being flashy without "being flashy" is probably its greatest attribute.
Oh! Edo Rocket, sleeper hit, shame it's not subbed.

Those listed above are my favorites, but I also enjoy and would recommend Bokurano, Seirei no Moribito, LoveCom and Towards the Terra. Also: wait for Dennou Coil!
Old 2007-05-10, 03:59   Link #8
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Lucky Star ~ Hate it or Love it
Idolmaster Xenoglossia ~ for some mecha and loli stuff....

BTW I second

Kaze no Stigma, Hayate and Seirei no Moribito....
Old 2007-05-10, 04:05   Link #9
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

why, oh why has no-one mentioned Sola?!?!
Matsuri!<3

Old 2007-05-10, 09:49   Link #10
Forgetful_Duck
Dame Ningen

Nagasarete Airantou

Hilarious in my book
Old 2007-05-10, 10:03   Link #11
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Seirei no Moribito
Lovely Complex
Seto no Hanayome
Probably my three favorite at the moment.
to this list I would add:

Rocket Girls and Claymore

However, I'm shooting in the dark here, without some idea of the type of anime you like. Knowing if you like your anime darker or lighter, drama or comedy, and knowing your favorite genre (harem, shoujo, shounen, yaoi, farce, or other type), would help us give you choices that are more to your taste.

Seto no Hanayome is a typical slapstick romantic comedy, while Lovely Complex is a better thought-out romantic comedy. Rocket Girls is just a "Schoolgirl With A Parttime Job As Astronaut...EEEEEEH?!?!?!?" comedy laugh-riot.

Claymore is a dark violent yet touching series about the ostracized half-monsters who protect the people from monsters, while being reviled as monsters themselves by the people they save, and about the people who care about them, as well as the ones who use them.

Seirei no Moribito is the one I think of as the Gem of this season. It's a drama with good charactor development, occasional action sequences (episode 3 has the best anime action sequence EVER!) and the beginnings of a mystery about the second Prince's possession.

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-05-10 at 10:13.
Old 2007-05-10, 14:47   Link #12
negativeone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
However, I'm shooting in the dark here, without some idea of the type of anime you like. Knowing if you like your anime darker or lighter, drama or comedy, and knowing your favorite genre (harem, shoujo, shounen, yaoi, farce, or other type), would help us give you choices that are more to your taste
hmmmm, well i pretty much like everything except for harem, yaoi, shoujo(unless it makes me cry or it makes me laugh. the last shoujo anime i watched was Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and i really liked it) and magical girl. i like shounen, but ONLY if it has a solid plot, good character design, crazy animation and sick action sequences. i enjoy crazy ass comedy anime like FLCL and the like, and ligther stuff like Nodame Cantabile. i also enjoy dark, psychological, gorrey anime like berserker, ergo proxy(not gorrey but dark), NGE and what not. i also like animes that make you think, and allways leave you with a big WTF face because they are so damn confussing. i also like sllice of life anime and depressing shit, and other weird anime like kemonozum or bartender.

oh and one question what kind of genre is farce?????

well thanks for the tips
edit: i saw the first episode of seriei no moribito and the only thing i have to say is wow, it's so damn cool.

Last edited by negativeone; 2007-05-10 at 15:01.
Old 2007-05-10, 20:35   Link #13
hoang24

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeone View Post
hmmmm, well i pretty much like everything except for harem, yaoi, shoujo(unless it makes me cry or it makes me laugh. the last shoujo anime i watched was Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and i really liked it) and magical girl. i like shounen, but ONLY if it has a solid plot, good character design, crazy animation and sick action sequences. i enjoy crazy ass comedy anime like FLCL and the like, and ligther stuff like Nodame Cantabile. i also enjoy dark, psychological, gorrey anime like berserker, ergo proxy(not gorrey but dark), NGE and what not. i also like animes that make you think, and allways leave you with a big WTF face because they are so damn confussing. i also like sllice of life anime and depressing shit, and other weird anime like kemonozum or bartender.

oh and one question what kind of genre is farce?????

well thanks for the tips
edit: i saw the first episode of seriei no moribito and the only thing i have to say is wow, it's so damn cool.
=0 =0, Those anime are the exact genre I like, and I second all that was listed
Old 2007-05-10, 21:36   Link #14
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Touka Gettan is as "WTF?" confusing as you can get. If you can make heads or tails out of this mess, more power to you. You are a better man than I, Gunga Dinn... This one also has some moments that make it hard to differentiate from an H-anime.

Farce is explained so much better than I could do. Rocket Girls falls somewhat under this definition.
Closed Thread