Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-10-02, 06:04   Link #1541
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Well, so how about Makabe try to use his Geass - C.C gonna replace Sumika as Unit 0 - but then another Euphy was caught, and this time is Lilia with the command "Love Me!"?
You realize that the number of people who will want Makabe dead both inside and outside your fic will increase very quickly, very shortly...?

Also, another partial update.
Quote:
Elle walked, trying not to run up to Wilkes' office. She kept what she felt was a stoic face despite her building frustration. The Crew Boss could not stop laughing at her enquiries about Iori or Icon-2. Every question she asked was answered only by more laughter as Min-jae told her to speak with Lumumba or Wilkes about it.

"If they haven't told you about it, then I'm not going to spoil it for you!" Min-jae had managed to blurt out between hysterical chortles. Even the rest of the Pit crew seemed to snicker. Even though part of Burkhart's mind already had a suspicion of what it was, she could not fully accept it. Like a sick kind of joke.

The hallway was slowly becoming familiar to her as she could hear sounds of argument coming from Wilkes' office. Burkhart slowed a bit, she could not make out the exact words. But given the Colonel's soundproofed door, it was something he didn't care to hide. The words didn't make much sense to Elle, she knew it was another language but was unable to pick out the dialect. Elle stopped at the door just as an angry japanese pilot stormed out, almost running into her.

"Oh, hello." Asakura Masato flashed Elle the same lewd smile as he did the day before. He was uncomfortably close, well within Burkhart's personal space. Close enough for Elle to see the scars running from his skul to his spine. But he did not move. She sidestepped and Asakura matched her movement. "No hello back?"

"Hello." Elle was not in the mood for banter and stepped again to the side. Masato once again followed her moves. Belatedly, Burkhart realized that while Asakura was shorter than Crane, the other TSF pilot was still taller than her. "I need to speak with Colonel Wilkes."

"I've felt your eyes touch me ever since we first met."

"Lieutenant Asakura." Elle fixed a glare up at Masato, reflexivly balling up her fists. If Crane was cold and blunt, this encounter with Asakura struck her as nearly the opposite. He was acting immature, and Elle finally understood why Min-jae recommended punching him. The temptation was quite strong, and only self control kept her from lashing out. "I need to see Colonel Wilkes."

"Call me Masato." The smile did not change.

You can't be serious. Masato was craning his head closer to her. An inch more and Elle would have punched him, had it not been for an overriding command voice.

"ASAKURA."

Colonel Wilkes was standing outside his door with his deaths-head grin, but a voice that burned with cold fury. "When I told you to get your butt down to maintenance, I meant now."

"Yes sir." Masato snarled, but it came across more like a teenager defying his parents. He turned to Elle once again with his lewd grin before leaving. Burkhart forced herself not to look back as the pilot walked off. Elle snapped to attention upon meeting Wilkes' gaze, more relaxed now that Asakura had gone.

"Colonel."

"The Crew Boss said you wanted to ask me something, Lieutenant Burkhart. He was laughing his ass off." Wilkes crossed his arms, but oddly he did not seem as confrontational as before. "Min-jae never laughs. This had better be good."

"Sir." Burkhart once again chose her words, not waning to appear ignorant but not wishing to appear arrogant. Even so, the infuriated tone cmae out in her voice. "Was I denied need-to-know information?"

Wilkes canted his head at an angle, something Elle had never seen him do before. "In my office. I'll call Lumumba up."

So it's going to be one of those meetings. Burkhart followed the Colonel in. Wilkes walked over to his desk and pressed a button. Twice. No words spoken, but Burkhart wondered if Lumumba had a dedicated line or pager from Wilkes' office. The Colonel picked up a book from the table, one that he seemed to have been reading.

"Do you read the Bible, Lieutenant?"

"No sir." Elle stood at attention, wondering what Wilkes was getting at. The gun was not on the table, and this relaxed her nerves a bit.

"You should. Learn a lot from it." Wilkes opened up to a page he had marked. "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself."

"Book of Ezekiel, sir?" Elle hazarded a guess.

"Revelations chapter 19, verses 11 and 12." The Colonel shut the black book, but did not seem offended. "My dad was a preacher. The old son-of-a-bitch died telling everybody that the BETA were God's angels come to cleanse earth of the unrighteous."

Burkhart said nothing.

"Then again, he also said I was born a devil and should have been stoned at birth." Wilkes eyebrow raised as he saw Lumumba enter. The colonel gestured to have the door closed. "So there you go."

"Had to finish that last memory expansion upgrade." Lumumba then gave Elle an odd look. "You look lively today."

Burkhart's tone was flat. "I've just had my first talk with Asakura."

"Oh." Lumumba shook his head and shrugged. "So. Has he tried to sleep with you yet?"

Burkhart's freezing look told him all.

"Don't mind it. He'll lose interest soon enough." Lumumba's words did not reassure Burkhart in the least, but she did not want to discuss Asakura at all.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-10-02 at 07:00.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 06:57   Link #1542
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I'd just like to point out that bombing/making a revolution/etc/ doesn't really solve any country's problems. That's because countries are incredibly complex environments, and often involve countless factors working with or against each other.

It always annoys me how it always went over the heads of majority of Muv-Luv fandom, who only see "YAMATO DAMASHII" and "MURRICA" and generally think in memes, or retarded, politically sterile crossovers. For example, if you actually read Muv-Luv Alternative, America is not fucking evil. Yes, they do questionable things. But it's also because there are many people in America, and they have all sorts of influence. Hell, there's a fairly big lobby in America that backed Alternative IV, it just so happened they weren't in control of Congress. In same way, there are plenty of political factions in Japan; there are the die-hard traditionalists, there are people who are more-or-less like current Japanese politicians, there are cool, reasonable guys (Tama's dad for one), and there are those that do not give a shit except to maintain their personal power (Ikaruga and co.). I'll skip the lecture about how Muv-Luv isn't actually a platform for radical right-wing Japanese, given that they constantly get mocked, outmaneuvered and used like cheap whores for the entire series, and instead laugh at people who do think that.

Part of the reason why Muv-Luv is so fun, is because it's so complex is how it's world works, unlike say, the simplistic, populist world of Code Geass.
Yes, it suffers occasionally from "We didn't think this through", or just plain bad writing, but let's be honest, most major entertainment franchises do so as well.

/autism mode off

Also, you guys are forgetting about the best pairing:

AlastorxBeatrix

A match made in Stasi office.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 07:10   Link #1543
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I know! He still has the "Demon Emperor" image to maintain, right?

Or...

"...I'm...just...wondering...whetherifyouarefreeto night?

- What do you mean?

- I mean...are you free tonight... so that I could invite you to a dinner?...

- Of course I am free! So it's a date...

- Ah... Umn... Yes, it IS a date... So could you meet me on the rooftop by 7 p.m?

- Yes!... Bye! I've some assignment to do!

- Did you guys hear that? She said that this is a DATE!!!

- We know! And stop acting like a school girl!... Seriously, you of all people.

- And what is with all these "Ah" and "Umn"? Where is your spirit and charisma, the same thing that has lead us here? Not to mention it shot down many maiden hearts before...

- Shh... What if she is still around!... Anyway, did you bring the Piano to the rooftop?

-... I wonder whether our friendship is as heavy as that 50kg instrument?

- My attire?

- Your favorite robe has been washed and dried. But what is with that European design?

- Food?

- Sumika, Yui and Ellen taking care of that.

- Well, that explain the stains on your face... Wait! Don't you tell me that you three ate something more than food...

- What are you talking about? And the one should be ashame is you!

- Why?

- Them!

... Oh dear, look like Makabe's sin has caught up with him. And it come in the most unexpected way...

- MAKABE, YOU UNFAITHFUL PERVERT!!!

- Whah... HELP ME!!! GUARDS, WHERE ARE YOU!!!

..."
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 07:22   Link #1544
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Part of the reason why Muv-Luv is so fun, is because it's so complex is how it's world works, unlike say, the simplistic, populist world of Code Geass.
Yes, it suffers occasionally from "We didn't think this through", or just plain bad writing, but let's be honest, most major entertainment franchises do so as well.
- Most series start off with a simple premise and as it gets more and more developed, things start to get complicated. So yeah, most series would start having plot holes. you'll have fans who analyze the hell out of the plots to the point of dissecting every comma and semicolon---and then you have the ones that can't see the main female character's boobs. So yeah. Fans. I wish all fans were reasonable, but...never the case, sadly. :/

(Probably also the reason why my fic has all original characters and an isolated environment to begin with. I need an area to develop the story framework and ideas before actually expanding it to the rest of the ML universe. Writing it up is insane to begin with)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer
I know! He still has the "Demon Emperor" image to maintain, right?
Or...
"...I'm...just...wondering...whetherifyouarefr eeto night?
- Waitwaitwait. I thought we were talking about the OLDER Makabe, not Seijyurou?

Also, because someone asked me in a PM but I figure I'd better post it here.
"Whys Asakura's Lewd Smile around Elle?"
Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-02, 07:27   Link #1545
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ah... The classic Kusaka's smile! At least Inui and Mari got together in the end of Paradise Lost! But poor Kiba...

And Alastor, I have said this once on the wiki, and now I'm going to say it again: You are crazy! Stasi of all place? I though you hate Communism - or in this case Dictator?

And yes, it's Seijyrou.
Old 2013-10-02, 07:36   Link #1546
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

It's called hypocrisy. As long as someone signs my paycheck, I will remain loyal to this entity...at least officially.

Plus, me and Beatrix share our love of power. You don't need to be Communist to love power. It's all about the ability to control and break other people, not about the system that allows us to do it.
Old 2013-10-02, 07:41   Link #1547
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Psstt... I would choose the lesser devil then. ALL HAIL UTOPIA!!!

Beside, I love Katia.

Also, does anyone has image of Swedden's JAS-series? They only show the Grippen on the wiki.
Old 2013-10-02, 07:48   Link #1548
John117xCortana

Quote:
It's called hypocrisy. As long as someone signs my paycheck, I will remain loyal to this entity...at least officially.
Sounds pretty much like a Mercenary.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 07:50   Link #1549
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Pfft. Utopia never works out.

Plus, Lelouch was as lousy rulers as they go. No chance against Ikaruga.
Katia's age's designated girltoy. Her fate is suffering.

As far as I know, no. Only JAS-39 was ever shown.

@John

Well, yes, it was my favorite route in Ace Combat Zero.
Old 2013-10-02, 07:58   Link #1550
John117xCortana

A utopia won't work. Not unless they went through what the humans in Star Trek verse did and got the whole world broken.

I prefer to mix it up a little in ACZ. The first mission was Knight, the second mission was Mercenary ( I consider that particular one canon because Pops makes an appearance) and the last one is Soldier.
Old 2013-10-02, 08:00   Link #1551
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I know, I know! And Utopia is just another name. Beside, remember that Lelouch has to go through a different childhood this time.

Just recently read that Vietnamese Army are considering to buy the Grippen, since their plan of replacing Mig-21 are crashed because the Mig-35.

Now remember it, since the 29, Mig-series TSF has been pretty much overshadowed. Too bad that I like the 27.

Also, that raise a question: How long does it take for an U.S Eishi to get use to a Soviet TSF?
HOW TO MAKE JELLY:

- Step 1: Alcohol. Light one, Sake is the most suited.

- Step 2: Music. Something traditional and melody.

- Step 3: Confession. Could also go with a kiss.

- Step 4: ???
Old 2013-10-02, 08:20   Link #1552
John117xCortana

Isn't step 4 kinda obvious?
Old 2013-10-02, 08:20   Link #1553
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Plus, me and Beatrix share our love of power. You don't need to be Communist to love power. It's all about the ability to control and break other people, not about the system that allows us to do it.
- "The world is a mess, I just need to rule it"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana
Isn't step 4 kinda obvious?
- Uhm..."Dokan Main Hero".
Old 2013-10-02, 08:46   Link #1554
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

(In the bushes)

- Hey, do you think they gonna kiss?

- Maybe... If he doesn't screw up.

- Kind of remind me my first one with Yui, you know.

- The one which she slap you afterward?

- ...That...

- Silence, you two! Here come the critical moment!

(The two main character of this drama)

- Thanks for the dinner, Makabe!

- You're welcome!... Oh wait, a shooting star!

- REALLY!!! Hurry up and make a wish!

- Look there! And there! Wow, this must be a Meteor Rain!

- Lucky we are~! (Few minutes for admiration)

- Lilla... What kind of wish did you make?

- I wish for a future without the BETA... An Earth that is less divided than now... And you?

-... I wish to fufill your dream. (Kneel down) Lilla, I know I'm not a good person. My hands stained with blood, I had both hurt my enemies and my friends... But Lilla, please let me share your burden, because...

(In the bushes)

- Damn it, Hibiki! Speed up! - Said a frustrating Yuuya, holding a small microphone on his hand.

- Ah, here we go...

(The Love Birds)

- ...Because... I LOVE YOU!

- ...(Sob) Makabe...Kun...Wah!

Just as Lilla gradually closing in her tear-stricken face to Makabe...

- GRRR!!!

- Help me! NOOO!!!

...Short story: Makabe got grapped behind by a Typhoon TSF, courtesy of another French blonde...

Well, Third Time the Charm! Who know, maybe next time he will success!
Old 2013-10-02, 08:52   Link #1555
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

French Blonde? Don';t you mean German? Or did you mean grabbed from behind by a Rafale TSF?
Old 2013-10-02, 08:59   Link #1556
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Oh, my bad! It's German!

Anyway, just read this fun-fact: Bekrut is also the name of a prototype model for the T-95 Tank, built in Omsk. The another model is named "Black Eagle".

And would it be legit if I make the Kagerou Kai a localized version of Strike Eagle? Since Wikipedia doesn't listed F-15J Kai as a F-15E variants.

F-15J Kai v.s F-15K (Korea) "Slam Eagle. Who would win?

Last edited by Fireminer; 2013-10-02 at 09:36.
Old 2013-10-02, 09:49   Link #1557
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, could we saw the Super Hornet Advanced in ML?
Old 2013-10-02, 11:27   Link #1558
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Super Hornet may or may not be further advanced due to money poured into F-35. Also, if it follows IRL USN, F-35 replaces single seat strike/attack f-18 squadrons, while F-18F replaces Tomcats.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 19:32   Link #1559
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Not really a fan of BattleTech, but one of my friend, CSS. Stravag (whom writes some really great Tom Clancy's style crossover with Gundam Seed), gave me the idea of making a Magi Empire alike from the remaining after the Day.

Also, just read that real life J-10 and J-11 both use Russian Engine. So could this be the same in Muv-Luv, consider the shamble condition of China.

Communist Cui Yifei... Well, a bit terrified if you ask me.

Last edited by Fireminer; 2013-10-02 at 23:34.
Old 2013-10-03, 05:34   Link #1560
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
When you said "Megadeus", for a second I confused them with the Deus Machinae of Demonbane. That brought up a lot of weird images in my head.
weird how? And I wonder how these armaments would fare against BETA and TSF in an indestructible, 20 meter tall, flightless frame:

Tags
fanfiction, harem