AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-30, 18:31   Link #501
Jestersage

Great, now I have to burn the disk for my friend, who just knew code geass thanks to that manga.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 11:40   Link #502
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
You are talking about this, right?
http://www.amazon.ca/Code-Geass-Mang...7443825&sr=1-1
That's the one I saw.
Also, are the novels worth it?
Yep. This is the manga I'm talking about.

The novel is fun to read. But don't take everything in it for granted, though. There are several contradictions with the original story, since it's not written by the original story writers (and not supervised by them), and has a lot of personal interpretations & imaginations added inside.

I recommand the novels after Stage 1.
(Actually, I don't find the novel enjoyable until Stage 3. Reading Stage 1 & 2 was a pain because they keep putting me to sleep. XD But at least these two books are okay.)
Stage 0 = very poorly written fanfic. It's focused on the summer before Japan invasion, and contradicts the original story from timeline, events, to characters. Lelouch is completely out of character because this book is packed with scenes intended to make yaoi-loving fangirls scream. With all the contradictions and OOCs, there's nothing trustworthy left in this book. And the writing totally sucks. (Everytime the writer describes Lelouch, it's "the black-hair prince", "the prince with black hair", "the black hair etc..." Umm... AFAIK he's not a hairball.) Thankfully the writing skill improved in later books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Er, Koshimizu, you were talking about Shogunate...
You must be kidding to say Shogunate isn't AU.
I know full well which manga I'm talking about. Yep Shogunate is childish. But who says there can only be 1 childish manga series? Majiko version is childish in a different way. Shogunate is silly from the beginning. Majiko is trying to be grand but fails horribly.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 12:24   Link #503
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

More Code Geass Stuff.

R2 Grasphon EX Portraits. Full set.

On a side note, should I get my grill done in gold and get a vanity license plate on my car that says Shen Hu? I'm not really a fan of the Shen Hu, but I didn't buy a red car, so I can't call it a Guren

Sorry couldn't resist since I was linking pics from my gallery
Old 2008-08-01, 19:26   Link #504
Isegrim

Quote:
On a side note, should I get my grill done in gold and get a vanity license plate on my car that says Shen Hu?
Epic win.
This would fit my A4, but such license plates are not allowed in Germany .
Old 2008-08-02, 12:22   Link #505
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Just bought the collector box set with all the cool stuff. Man this is the first time I ever preordered anime.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 21:52   Link #506
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Just bought the collector box set with all the cool stuff. Man this is the first time I ever preordered anime.
It really is a nice piece, I really felt it was worth it.
Old 2008-08-04, 08:09   Link #507
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
More Code Geass Stuff.

R2 Grasphon EX Portraits. Full set.

Zero, please watch what your hand is doing

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 09:20   Link #508
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Throat gouge!
Old 2008-08-04, 15:50   Link #509
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Yeah, I ordered that myself the other day, then just read today that the entire first batch of DVDs is defective. Apparently the store I usually buy from turned away their entire shipment. Sadly, this one time I actually ordered it from somewhere else, though they are taking an unusually long time to ship, so hopefully they managed to stop the defective ones from going out too. If not, looks like I'll just have to add those to my large collection of defective Gundam Seed Destiny and Zeta Gundam DVDs.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 20:59   Link #510
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yeah, I ordered that myself the other day, then just read today that the entire first batch of DVDs is defective. Apparently the store I usually buy from turned away their entire shipment. Sadly, this one time I actually ordered it from somewhere else, though they are taking an unusually long time to ship, so hopefully they managed to stop the defective ones from going out too. If not, looks like I'll just have to add those to my large collection of defective Gundam Seed Destiny and Zeta Gundam DVDs.
Hmm, I didn't know that, I have not tried to watch it yet. I guess I'll have to try it out and then talk to Right Stuf
Old 2008-08-04, 21:46   Link #511
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Nooo don't tell me that!
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 01:31   Link #512
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Cover art for OST. Clearer version
There will be two insert songs by Hitomi, and the TV version of ED2.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-08-05 at 11:33.
Old 2008-08-05, 01:46   Link #513
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Has there be any new insert songs in R2? I haven't really noticed if there has been. On another note is this the last CG ost or is there a chance they will do one more?
Old 2008-08-05, 01:52   Link #514
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Has there be any new insert songs in R2? I haven't really noticed if there has been. On another note is this the last CG ost or is there a chance they will do one more?
There is one more.
R2 OST 2 will be released on 2008/9/24.

We haven't heard any new insert song in R2. It makes me curious how they're going to fit at least two Hitomi songs into the remaining episodes. If they're putting 2 more insert songs in OST2, then that's 4 songs in 8 episodes! XD
Old 2008-08-05, 12:26   Link #515
Masterkeyes2
*Author

I didn't think so, chances are though we will hear at least one during the finale. As for another 2 in OST 2...eh maybe.

Also I am surprised they are releasing another sound track so close the first one, aren't these things months apart?
Old 2008-08-05, 12:42   Link #516
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
I didn't think so, chances are though we will hear at least one during the finale. As for another 2 in OST 2...eh maybe.

Also I am surprised they are releasing another sound track so close the first one, aren't these things months apart?
so 4 insert songs? wow that seems like a lot with 8 episodes left. Going to say this now one will be during the Kallen and Lelouch reunion. They need one CC had one so do Shirley only Fair Kallen gets one with Lelouch as well.
Edit: read it again. so at least 2 insert songs maybe 4. still 2 insert songs.

Last edited by Witacume; 2008-08-05 at 13:40.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 19:41   Link #517
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I just picked up The collectors box for the first season today. Damn, Bandai is really going the extra mile for Code Geass! The box owns, and all the extras do too!

I hope they release another box to put all the extras in when all the DVD's fill it up.

I was not going to watch them until the second season ended but I couldn;t help it. The dubbing is pretty good!

EDIT: Scratch that, I read on another forum that ALOT of the discs had playback ISSUES and I checked mine and they WERE there. Now I have to try and send it in for a replacement. =[

Last edited by Double_Edge; 2008-08-05 at 21:14. Reason: CRUCIAL INFORMATION!!!!!
Double_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 23:30   Link #518
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

New figures in WonderFes

>> Mech <<
New Bandai mech series announced: Robot Spirits
Scroll down a little to see Code Geass: Shinkirou, Guren Flight-Enabled Version, Zangetsu, and Gawain.
Gawain and Guren Flight-Enabled Version are scheduled this winter. The others are "for reference", no dates.

Bandai finally decided to release mechs other than Lancelot this-and-that version.
I've been waiting for Black Knight mechs for so long!

>> Character <<
From AlphaOmega: Kallen bunnygirl ver. & Shirley swimclub cafe ver.

AlphaOmega made the best Code Geass figures up to date. Previous work. So these two should be pretty good too.
Old 2008-08-05, 23:34   Link #519
TsukasaTetris
Orenji~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
New figures in WonderFes

>> Mech <<
New Bandai mech series announced: Robot Spirits
Scroll down a little to see Code Geass: Shinkirou, Guren Flight-Enabled Version, Zangetsu, and Gawain.
Gawain and Guren Flight-Enabled Version are scheduled this winter. The others are "for reference", no dates.

Bandai finally decided to release mechs other than Lancelot this-and-that version.
I've been waiting for Black Knight mechs for so long!
Those look so awesome! :O I'm definitely going to pick all 4 of those mechs up.
TsukasaTetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 01:53   Link #520
alamarco
Why hello there!

Ya RightStuff has already released a news item in reference to the DVD's. I still haven't received mine yet so I hope I get a good batch .

Bandai Entertainment & Code Geass DVDs

As for bunny Kallen, I'll definitely give that a preorder. Had to get my C.C. from Alpha-Omega off eBay and it's beautiful. A bunny Kallen will probably fit in nicely .
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote