AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-08-03, 13:01   Link #41
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo
About the transformation in shoujo anime, the enemies never think about attack the girl while transforming. they look at it saying nothing and doing nothing.
Same thing with the giant robot shows. Except some shows actually attempt to explain how those robots have the free time to do what they do. (GaoGaiGar's gattai barrier; Raijin-Oh's 2.8 seconds "actual" combine time, and so on.)
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 13:13   Link #42
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

The one I truely hate is: Humanities last hope is an angsty teenager.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 13:14   Link #43
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
Nah, about 50/50, if you have watched Angel Sanctuary.
o_O

I put that under the 10% IMO
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 11:41   Link #44
Ending

Nosebleed. Honestly. Are guys in Japan *always* supposed to get a nosebleed after seeing some bare skin? I bet the strip-bars donate a whole lot of blood to hospitals...

Just got enough of that, after watching Oh! My Goddess! -anime, which was, IMO, pretty much everything the manga wasn't; regular, boring, and uncreative. If you exclude the fillers from the manga.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 15:08   Link #45
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
The one I truely hate is: Humanities last hope is an angsty teenager.
You're not supposed to notice that! Thats a spoiler!
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 03:35   Link #46
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Regarding the mecha pilot part, Amuro Ray is 29 in Char's Counterattack after all...

But you have to remember why they stick teenagers in the cockpit. One, it's a large part of the target audience and it leaves room for character development as they mature and develop, and two, there is most often a reason for it. In Mobile Suit Gundam, Amuro ends up in the Gundam by accident, he is frustrated and wants to save his friends. But he is also a newtype and instantly connects to and understands the Gundam and how to use it, more so than any ordinary untrained kid would have. Camille in Z Gundam is also a newtype, but he is also a tech freak (like Amuro) and has won junior mobile suit design competitions, it's obvious he should know how to operate one enough to flee with liutenant Bageena (who already had sensed Camille's newtype presence and first mistaken it for Amuro). In SEED, Kira acts out of desperation to save his friends. He's a genetically enhanced human and is the only one on the ship that can operate the Strike. The military does NOT want him in it, but they have no choice.

And about Fafner, well, isn't it both of these? The target audience and the special abilities.

There you have it :P
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 17:43   Link #47
Rave606

Thank you Molotov_sp for showing me this and going through the work of analyzing the clichés of anime . For the people that are anime conscientious objectors, like kirbymorph (the one with the long and superfluous post), C’mon! Ya gotta admit most, if not all, is true! I mean, it is rare to see some one break these rules, Xenosaga almost did, but that’s a game (just thought I would mention it since I playin it XD). Anyways, give me less then two years, and I’ll make a difference, okay, maybe three. But watch, Im going to make something different, or will I ;p!
Rave606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 17:51   Link #48
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am getting sick of the "JUST AS PLANNED" elements used in various anime or manga plot. It is sticking out to me as a half-assed excuse to not explain plotholes or loose threads.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 17:58   Link #49
Rave606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am getting sick of the "JUST AS PLANNED" elements used in various anime or manga plot. It is sticking out to me as a half-assed excuse to not explain plotholes or loose threads.
Hell, yeah! In my latest work, some things go horrible. Just like in REAL wars and what not. And life as well.
Rave606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 18:58   Link #50
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I agree with #8.

Why is it always 13 year olds who control theese human-shaped robots?!
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 19:07   Link #51
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
I agree with #8.

Why is it always 13 year olds who control theese human-shaped robots?!
From what I saw it's really usually 15 or 16, only time I remember 13years old is from Usso from Victory Gundam. And Renton from E7 is second youngest with age of 14. I would say that I am tired of seeing 16 years piloting machines I want some 22 year old piloting like Kyosuke Nanbu.

Actually as I think of about it I am tired of these newbie pilot becoming godly in matter of weeks and starts to own aces who has years of experience, yes I am talking about you Jesus Yamato.
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 20:40   Link #52
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Quote:
This makes me ask myself if japanese got a problem with the fact that it's forbiden to fall in love/have sex with a brother/sister.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe adopted sister/half-sisters fall under the same category as cousins marrying. True enough, I don't konw how LEGAL it is, nor do I approve of it, but I think it generally falls under the same category.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 20:58   Link #53
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
16. Japanese people in anime have a distinct look like the british, with randomly colored hair.
For the love of god, when will people stop saying OMG ANIME CHARACTERS LOOK WHITE ZOMG!

They don't look Japanese? No, they don't look HUMAN.
They aren't made to look like any particular race, so if YOU are white, you feel they look white.
It's simply an extension of cartoony characteristics developed by early cartoons, nothing more.
No, we Japanese do NOT think they look white.

Western folks think if you don't draw characters with stereotypical unrealistically slanted sharp eyes, they aren't supposed to look asian.
When in truth, asian eyes are not any more narrow than other human race.
The real racial diffrence between cocasian and oriental are cheekbones, length of the nose, and how deep their eyes are compared to the eyebrow.
Size of the eyes have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Too many people are brainwashed by these moronic american cartoons.
Old 2007-08-20, 21:43   Link #54
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Add this to your list:

If two characters like each other, then there's a 50% chance they're both childhood friends.

I'm sorry but it is getting too cliche that it's annoying.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 23:56   Link #55
Skot

Just to add to the whole mecha thing, our current vehicle designs are very efficient in certain aspects and fail horribly in others. If you think about it, humans can virtually traverse any terrain while most vehicles can't (wheels > legs for speed but legs > wheels for uneven terrain). I would also like to mention that it would be completely impossible to control the mechs like they do with a keyboard, 1 or 2 joysticks/throttles and some pedals (with the exception of NGE).

To add to the list...

- What's up with a lot of girls being born "weak"?
- Romance anime always have at least one Japanese festival scene.
- People in combat are more content with staring/talking to each other then actually fighting.
- All female school uniform skirts are incredibly small (with the exception of Serial Experiments: Lain).
Skot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 00:51   Link #56
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
11a) 90% chance of the main guy's sister is actually not related and 99.9% chance that she has a crush for her brother....
Not really,Maika from Magikano has a crush towards her older brother but they are totally related to each other.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 03:09   Link #57
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by molotov_sp View Post
3.Aliens don't just look like humans, THEY ARE ALSO DAMN HOT!!
Look in live action sci-fi shows, the reason all aliens look human is because it's damn expensive to make them look like anything else. I mean in star trek it's alot cheaper to put someone in a rubber costume than make a completely computer generated or animatronic main character alien not to mention the fact that if you dont have a monstrous budget this particular character would look like complete crap next to their real life counterparts.
The major female roles in Star Trek were always attractive looking, if they were supposed to be alien or not. Paramount would never have casted an unattractive woman for a major role or given her a mask that makes her look unatractive no matter how much money they had to spent. Ugly looks were reserved for "mean" races. [sarcasm]Because it's important that the kids learn the lesson that if somebody looks different from you he's an enemy.[/sarcasm]

So no, that's not just an anime clichee.
Old 2007-08-21, 08:29   Link #58
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Add this to your list:

If two characters like each other, then there's a 50% chance they're both childhood friends.

I'm sorry but it is getting too cliche that it's annoying.
So says the guy with Onegai Twins as his avie, lol. :P

And it isn't as bad nor as prolifirent as the 'we fight/bicker and so we're going to get together' cliche, where that happens vast majority of the time in western shows (maybe 95%+ of the time) and maybe 60% of the time with Japanese anime.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 11:08   Link #59
Slice of Life
eyewitness

This one often goes together with the harem cliche but is nevertheless independent from it:

Girls are more often than not from a robot factory / space / the future / a clone tank / dimension Z / beneath the sea / sent by the government, will instantly fall for some guy because he's so good at ... dunno, breathing maybe ... henceforth abandon their existence as independent beings completely (if they had something like that in the first place), and support their (spineless, emotionless/uncaring, ignorant or any combination thereof) lover to the brink of self-sacrifice and often beyond.
Old 2007-08-21, 13:34   Link #60
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Don't quote me on this, but I believe adopted sister/half-sisters fall under the same category as cousins marrying. True enough, I don't konw how LEGAL it is, nor do I approve of it, but I think it generally falls under the same category.
There is nothing prohibiting step siblings from marrying. (I would consider any restrictions on this quite dumb anyway). You can marry your first cousin just fine in the vast majority of the world. I see no problems in either of the cases.