AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-03-19, 11:27   Link #4781
Undertaker

yeah, it's the worse case scenario for the Dolphin.

With all things consider, 49er seems to have the best shot consider it is the best that don't really have a marquee QB yet and they just upgraded their WR corp to 3-man deep with Crabtree, Manningham, and Moss plus an elite TE in Davis

With that defense and Gore on ground, that is a pretty balanced and dangerous team with lots of weapons as long as Manning is fine and able to play by next season.

And as soon as I type this, ESPN is reporting that Manning pick Broncos.

WTF?!!!!

While Bronco made the playoff, they really don't have any weapon other than McGahee and Decker right now. Unless Manning is planning on turning into superman, that is a weird move.
Old 2012-03-19, 11:33   Link #4782
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Manning signed with the Broncos?

...QUE!? O_o
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:39   Link #4783
Undertaker

Apparently, ESPN is saying the the deal is finalizing and Manning had already told 49ers and Titans about it.

I really don't get this. I guess he's look at the division where it should be a cake walk for him to win.

And with Smith talking with Dophin extensively, and Flynn already signed. 49ers can have all those weapons but no QB to throw them the ball.

This off season just got more and more crazy and I'm a Pats fan.
Old 2012-03-19, 11:41   Link #4784
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

What the...

Really?!

Hopefully we get a good explanation as to why. Mind you, NFL.com always had Denver as the #1 contender to get him.
Old 2012-03-19, 11:45   Link #4785
Undertaker

True but that was before 49ers got into play, and with the moves them made in past few days to bolster the WR corp, there is just too many weapons there not to pick them.

And there really isn't any offensive players left for Broncos to improve. They were winning last year mainly due to an opportunistic defense and overwhelming running game.

Sure they got Manning, but their receiving corp is weaker and their ground game is also much weaker, and opportunistic defense isn't the surest thing in football either.
Old 2012-03-19, 11:52   Link #4786
GDB

They can still trade for Tebow (if the Patriots don't trade Mallet for him). It won't win them the division, or likely even compete for it given how bad the team as a whole is, but at least they'd sell seats in an otherwise empty stadium.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:56   Link #4787
Undertaker

I guess, but Tebow was doing that for them anyway. Not even talking about his ability, Tebow was at least getting them the crowd toward the end of season. And with the way Bronco downgraded, I actually think they have better chance to win with Tebow than Manning.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:21   Link #4788
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Should've gone to the hometown Titans in my opinion. Elway must have laid out a plan that Manning really liked.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 12:23   Link #4789
Undertaker

I don't know, at least for next season, it'll just selling season tickets to me for Broncos consider there is really no one left on the offensive market and Broncos got almost no receiving corp.

Story is picking up now. According to WEEI Sport Station, Broncos is looking to move Tebow and apparently they don't expect him worth more then a mid or late draft pick and might even outright release him if they can't find a deal.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:27   Link #4790
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It is being implied Tebow will be traded to Jacksonville. Now that's rough.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:41   Link #4791
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

You're discounting Demaryius Thomas, a good, young talent who will finally be able to show what he could do without being gimped with Tebow's inability the throw the ball consistently downfield. Plus, the NFL Draft this year is laden with WR talent; Stephen Hill and Alshon Jeffery will probably be available. I don't know why people think this is so surprising on the Broncos' part. Tebow may have had some magic, but the guy was not really a good QB. Elway never committed to Tebow and it was clear that he didn't want him from the get-go. Manning was an easy upgrade and will make the receivers look better (if he is 75% of what he once was prior to the injury).

Also, it looks like both Matt Hassleback and Jake Locker are upset with the Titans, and Hassleback may be thinking about demanding a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It is being implied Tebow will be traded to Jacksonville. Now that's rough.
And Jacksonville coaching staff doesn't really want him. Ouch.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:49   Link #4792
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

hm, didn't expect manning to go witht he Broncos. I was expecting him to go over to a more "complete" team or at least one with a better offensive core.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 12:55   Link #4793
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Now, Mike Wallace was tendered by the Steelers for only a 1st round draft pick. If I were the Broncos, I would make a move.

Denver was reported to be the front-runner from the very beginning. I'm thinking it's due mainly to location. Denver and Indy have a similar feel.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:18   Link #4794
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I guess, but Tebow was doing that for them anyway. Not even talking about his ability, Tebow was at least getting them the crowd toward the end of season. And with the way Bronco downgraded, I actually think they have better chance to win with Tebow than Manning.
Was actually talking about Miami. My stupid page counter hadn't updated, so I was a page behind in discussion and thought I was replying directly to a Miami post about them striking out.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:32   Link #4795
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
You're discounting Demaryius Thomas, a good, young talent who will finally be able to show what he could do without being gimped with Tebow's inability the throw the ball consistently downfield. Plus, the NFL Draft this year is laden with WR talent; Stephen Hill and Alshon Jeffery will probably be available. I don't know why people think this is so surprising on the Broncos' part. Tebow may have had some magic, but the guy was not really a good QB. Elway never committed to Tebow and it was clear that he didn't want him from the get-go. Manning was an easy upgrade and will make the receivers look better (if he is 75% of what he once was prior to the injury).

Also, it looks like both Matt Hassleback and Jake Locker are upset with the Titans, and Hassleback may be thinking about demanding a trade.

And Jacksonville coaching staff doesn't really want him. Ouch.
I don't think Tebow is that good a QB either, hell of a RB though and last season it was the running game that carried them.

That and they lost Royal, as well as Fells, their #1 TE (to the pats no less), so the corp is weaker, Tebow or not.

And history tells us that an opportunistic defense is anything but sure and Bronco D is actually below average both statically and turnover ratio.

And that couples with the moves 49ers made which is pretty much one Manning away from as a complete team as you can get in NFL right now.

@GDB:

OK, that make much more sense.
Old 2012-03-19, 14:48   Link #4796
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

If tebow goes to Miami Tebowmania would be even worse providing the market he is in.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 15:21   Link #4797
GDB

But it'd likely be more isolated, especially considering what a craptastic team Miami is right now. What would really get the Tebowmania rolling is if he goes to the Patriots (apparently Bellicheck wants him), and Brady gets injured. Tebow leading the Pats would be on ESPN 22/6, with the other 2/1 being Peyton and how he relates to Tebow now.
Old 2012-03-19, 16:37   Link #4798
Samari
World's Greatest

I guess Manning doesn't want a ring. Oh well.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 16:58   Link #4799
GDB

If I had to guess, he probably talked to Brett Favre about his feelings on switching conferences after playing with a single team for so long, and was advised not to do it. There really does seem to be a difference atmosphere between the conferences in terms of play style.
Old 2012-03-19, 17:13   Link #4800
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

He said from the beginning that he preferred to remain in the AFC. Also, Mortensen said that Peyton didn't care about playing in a dome or in a warm weather environment and that his favorite games where the ones he won in cold weather on the road. I think Peyton feels that he still has something to prove and if he makes Denver relevant again, it'll be the perfect cap off to a HOF career.

Can't wait until the Draft.

Tags
american football, sports