AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 09:30   Link #521
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Ao is already about a billion times more palatable than Renton ever was
E7 was all about Renton's growth as a person.
Just because you were annoyed with him didn't mean he was a bad character.
Not every story has to be about perfect strong people.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:33   Link #522
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

From a shipping standpoint, probably the only one that made me squee out of all the first episodes. Those AoXNaru moments are just golden. XD

And for once, I'm actually happy with not remembering much of E7 apart from small tidbits and its movie version. As such, my expectations isn't nearly as high as some people here.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:44   Link #523
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
E7 was all about Renton's growth as a person.
Just because you were annoyed with him didn't mean he was a bad character.
Not every story has to be about perfect strong people.
Oh, I get it. I really do. I just don't think he grew at all as a person, and even if he had, I have no interest in such people.

/shrug

And, I won't bother going into how sad it was to see Eureka regress as a person to serve as the damsel in distress for Renton, because that'd be going off-topic and this show deserves better than constant back and forths concerning the first series.

My fault. I probably shouldn't have referenced Renton at all.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 10:13   Link #524
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
And, I won't bother going into how sad it was to see Eureka regress as a person to serve as the damsel in distress for Renton
You've failed to comprehend her character as well, I'm afraid to tell you.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 11:44   Link #525
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I really enjoy listening to Ao and Naru's voice. It's refreshing. The innocence and youth in their voices match commendably with their age.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 11:59   Link #526
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I really enjoy listening to Ao and Naru's voice. It's refreshing. The innocence and youth in their voices match commendably with their age.
The funny thing is Naru's seiyuu is 22, but she really does sound 13. Yuutaro-kun has a good excuse - he's 14. He was Yango in Xam'd, so BONES knew he was a good little actor.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 12:06   Link #527
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The funny thing is Naru's seiyuu is 22, but she really does sound 13. Yuutaro-kun has a good excuse - he's 14. He was Yango in Xam'd, so BONES knew he was a good little actor.
No wonder I have the feeling that his voice hasn't hit puberty

Old 2012-04-13, 12:12   Link #528
Blaat

]Woah, Naru's seiyuu is 22? That's really surprising.

Anyway I liked the first episode but unlike many here it didn't felt like Eureka 7 episode (and I have fairly recently rewatched the entire series)
Old 2012-04-13, 12:24   Link #529
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
You can't fake the authenticity that comes with age-appropriate seiyuu. It's rarely done and you lose some polish, but there's no faking what Adachi Naoko did in Moribito, or Hatakeyama Kosuke did in Hourou Musuko. Kudos to BONES for going that route.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 13:05   Link #530
Xagzan

Well I just saw it, and found it pretty enjoyable. As with the original, I have no idea what's going on, but I'm good with that. I'm hoping once again the story will all come together in the end. Some moments really felt like the first series, too, especially all those seventh swells - that's what they were called, right? And seeing the scub again, the trapar waves, etc. So much good nostalgia.

I don't hate the ending as much as everyone seems to either.

And yes, Ao and Naru are quite cute together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Uh, I'm lost in the setting of this anime. It's a sequel to the first E7, but how come all the continents, technology, and governments are from the old Earth appear in the anime? The one thing I can say for sure, is that it does feel like a E7 anime.
Welcome to the confusion those of us who followed the information released since the show's announcement have felt and still do feel I sure don't remember any Earth countries in the old E7.

Last edited by Xagzan; 2012-04-13 at 14:13.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 13:05   Link #531
ookamigirl

This one had me literally glued to the screen.
From a relaxing summer to an all out war.
Damn, it was pretty intense.
Will be watching it for sure.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 14:15   Link #532
miketyson

Detail note: when one of the scubs warped in, it had a bunch of those "spikes" from the first series driven into it (as well as what looked like a big KLF hand?). We don't see any spikes on Okinawa yet, so there's something right there.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 14:33   Link #533
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Same here. I think his voice is deliciously funny and cute, which is what I tend to think of voices from voice actors who are still in puberty or just hit it and are begining to mature.

This episode was wonderful, I'm really pleased. It somehow fixed pacing issues that E7 (and Xam'd) had in their first episodes. I hope them to fix the rushed ending issue too.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 15:28   Link #534
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Well I just saw it, and found it pretty enjoyable. As with the original, I have no idea what's going on, but I'm good with that. I'm hoping once again the story will all come together in the end. Some moments really felt like the first series, too, especially all those seventh swells - that's what they were called, right? And seeing the scub again, the trapar waves, etc. So much good nostalgia.

I don't hate the ending as much as everyone seems to either.

And yes, Ao and Naru are quite cute together.

Welcome to the confusion those of us who followed the information released since the show's announcement have felt and still do feel I sure don't remember any Earth countries in the old E7.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=426535
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 16:28   Link #535
lann

I havent read anything on this topic so far, but the questions i have right now are-
Where has the scub coral continents/floating landmass gone? (this is where the entire human race was dwelling throughout the 1st series)
Who are the kids on the final DVD cover of the original series?
who is manipulating the scub coral to come back to life so early?
Where is Eureka and Renton?? Where is the Gekko and crew?
Why is Ao- the apparent child of Eureka and Renton, parentless?

I am however pleased they told us the date when its set. the first series is set in an alternative 2005, and this is set in the year 2025
Old 2012-04-13, 18:58   Link #536
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Uh, what? Citation needed on that.
Based on how he phrased everything I'm guessing he meant that it "felt" like Dai Sato's writing in the first ep since it felt like the original Eureka Seven's writing.

I wonder if we'll ever find out.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 19:36   Link #537
Arya

Just watched the episode and here my three golden points that will make me follow it til the end whatever it happen:
  • She is cute.
  • She is sick.
  • She is soo cute
Only one thing Naru. You know, sloths are really dirty animals, not because they are dirty, only for mimicry matters. But they still are.

Ok, joking aside, I really liked it. It gives me E7 first season vibes, but it does not either. Settings are similar but quite different. I don't know how to explain it in other way than one word: nostalgia. Anyways not being a fan of the first E7 I'm not bothered by having an entire new cast, even if seeing a grown-up Eureka was nostalgic. And I'm missing a bit the Gekkostate. Hope the new crew will match up.
But the thing really I missed is storywriter. Music-wise I'm not still sold.

I know I shouldn't say that, but let me say this once. I was afraid that AO would have been Renton replica, so I'm really glad that he is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
Thanks, I did forget about that.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 20:03   Link #538
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well I can stand Ao, but Naru needs to go. At least some better female options exist in the next episode.
Old 2012-04-13, 20:13   Link #539
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well I can stand Ao, but Naru needs to go. At least some better female options exist in the next episode.
Eh, what's wrong with Naru?

Old 2012-04-13, 20:32   Link #540
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Eh, what's wrong with Naru?
She gets her moe points by being sick. She's an insurmountable ball and chain for the MC due to this imo. "He can't win an arguement when she's sick." was one of his comments IIRC.

He needs exposure to more females his age. Next episode with the other female introductions can't come too soon for me. The character that I like best based on design was Yuna from the other manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
In addition, there is a second manga that has started running in Newtype Ace this month. Unlike the adaptation manga, this is the typical spin off manga which takes place in the same world but with a different story. The main character of this manga is a girl named Yuna Maltan.

Eureka Seven AO ~Save A Prayer~ is drawn by Ran Butou, and written by Akiko Waba.

Spoiler for Eureka Seven AO ~Save A Prayer~:

Last edited by orion; 2012-04-13 at 20:45.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen