Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-08, 21:24   Link #981
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Well... thats mostly because i couldn't care less about them in all honesty I am interested in the Kuu/Setsuna/Kyoshiro/Kazuya/Waruteishia bit. The whole Kaon/Himiko/Mika thing seemed very uninteresting to me. Their side of story was the same stuff over and over again, until the very end. It just failed to grab my attention. I am more interested to see what happens to Tarlotte/Sojiro... though i am drawing blank when it comes to predicting their fate
It just didn't get enough attention (the Mika & co. side story, that is). That's all there is to it. I think there was an assumption on the producer's side that people would already have a fair grasp of Kaon and Himiko's relationship from Chikane and Himeko in KnM. But I still think there should have been an episode more dedicated to just them, in order to develop those characters and the relationships... since they're really not straightforward characters.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 23:28   Link #982
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
It just didn't get enough attention (the Mika & co. side story, that is). That's all there is to it. I think there was an assumption on the producer's side that people would already have a fair grasp of Kaon and Himiko's relationship from Chikane and Himeko in KnM. But I still think there should have been an episode more dedicated to just them, in order to develop those characters and the relationships... since they're really not straightforward characters.
I agree with that completely. I'm a big fan of KnM, so I knew all about Chikane and Himeko's relationship, and thus knew what was going on with Kaon and Himiko without it needing to be explained. I actually only heard about and started watching this series because of the two of them being in it. Maybe it's changed my perspective of the show. Even though it's just snippets, (although episode 9 had a lot of screen time to them) I'm mainly watching this to see what happens to Kaon and Himiko. Of course along the way I've come to like the other characters and care about what happens to them as well. And thats perfectly fine you don't care for them Skyfall. I'll enjoy their scenario enough for the two of us.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 04:06   Link #983
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, i have not seen KnM, so maybe that is why i lack interest in their story As Sorrow-kun said, they just didn't get enough attention to be interesting enough as a stand-alone story. It is a fairly weak side story, where the relationships between the characters is clear from the get-go, and they don't change practically at all.

Sure, Mika didn't turn out as flat of a villain as i thought she would be, but still ... it's hard to think of her as anything else when the only character development she had was revealed to us 2 minutes before her death. Doesn't help that 70% of Himiko's lines are "Kaon-chan...".

Perhaps i would be more interested in them if i would have seen KnM, but i have not And judging by the majority of comments it was not that good anyway, so i doubt i will any time soon. Correct me if im wrong
Old 2007-03-09, 13:43   Link #984
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
problem here is the length of the series...i would have loved to see more development of the side characters but that would need about 24 eps ~ and with that comes a big chance that fillers will come into play lowering the enjoyment of this series...i prefer things to be condensed and to have that impact ~ and tbh noone wants to see kyoshiro struggling with his feelings for 5 eps...tho it would have been interesting to see setsuna fully break (no i must not think that >.<) ~

and for KnM...its one of those series that has terrible start but the end is just godly! (get your "kaon"/"himiko" fix over there )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 14:17   Link #985
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for highlights of episode 10:
I'm not that familiar with KnM (although I will be soon), but the Kaon-Himiko romance is strong for me. I don't think it needs a long build-up. It was well drawn in just a few scenes. I fear that extending this show to 26 episodes would be too much for the story to bear. I think the speed keeps us from worrying about everything making total sense. And keeps this a series without any filler.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 14:20   Link #986
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

If this show was planned to be 24/26 episodes, then i'm affraid we'd be running into filler territory. Sure i'd like that, but at least with 12 episodes its just focused around the very interesting storyline. Just like with KnM.

Oh, and i need the best character ever again - yay for episode 10.
Old 2007-03-09, 19:23   Link #987
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 10 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-03-09, 21:03   Link #988
Aurelia aurita
???

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Episode 11 Preview:
Spoiler:
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 22:45   Link #989
Kipp
Uncertainty

Spoiler for episode 10:
Old 2007-03-10, 01:37   Link #990
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Quote:
And judging by the majority of comments it was not that good anyway, so i doubt i will any time soon. Correct me if im wrong
Duuur, most of the people I know adore Kannazuki no Miko. And I know A LOT of people. If you're reading online reveiws... uh. Don't. Yeah, there we go! Most of time their opinions, so I generally don't recommend taking them seriously.

http://www.shoujo-ai.com/wbb2/thread...adid=4024&sid=

The original shoujoai.com had better feedback, but allow me to say that well... KnM would be crap without Chikane and Himeko. Their chemistry is the best I've EVER seen, each scene their in is better than the last, It's emo tastic but the ending... makes it aaaaallllllll better.

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Kyanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 02:03   Link #991
Key Board
Carbon

I wouldn't be that zealous

overall I find KnM to be better so far, but Kyoshiro Sora probably has more balanced characters

KnM is a one woman show, and it's probably a show you appreciate more on a technical level.

but then again, I bet 90% of the people who watched this show initially did it for Kaon

Last edited by Key Board; 2007-03-10 at 02:20.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 04:19   Link #992
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu Tsubasa View Post
[/spoiler]

Episode 11 Preview:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-10, 23:09   Link #993
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 00:35   Link #994
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Perhaps i would be more interested in them if i would have seen KnM, but i have not And judging by the majority of comments it was not that good anyway, so i doubt i will any time soon. Correct me if im wrong
It would have been good had it's flaws weren't as obvious and invasive as they were (and by "flaws", I mean the mecha fights). The romance aspect of it isn't too bad if you don't mind a bit of melodrama (but what shoujo-ai doesn't have melodrama.) As Deathkillz says, it really picks up towards the end, though. Hell, even if you don't like the story, you could almost watch it for the music alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not that familiar with KnM (although I will be soon), but the Kaon-Himiko romance is strong for me. I don't think it needs a long build-up. It was well drawn in just a few scenes. I fear that extending this show to 26 episodes would be too much for the story to bear. I think the speed keeps us from worrying about everything making total sense. And keeps this a series without any filler.
26 eps would be far too long for this series. That's why sometimes I think the 12/13 ep seasons are too restrictive, since you either have to wrap up your story in 13 eps, or somehow extend it to 24, and on many occassions some sort of compromise between the two would have worked best (Air immediately comes to mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
Duuur, most of the people I know adore Kannazuki no Miko. And I know A LOT of people. If you're reading online reveiws... uh. Don't. Yeah, there we go! Most of time their opinions, so I generally don't recommend taking them seriously.
No shit they're opinions. That, on it's own, isn't a reason to be dismissive of them.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 11:29   Link #995
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 10 - Angel's Bastille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 10 ~
Spoiler:
You said it! Since the conclusion is approaching, the staff woke up and getting serious to make the rest of the story as interesting, serious, and thrilling as possible. I also like that the show ends short, thus preventing the disgrace to be swarmed up with unnecessary fillers, although the only inconvenience of ending short is that the main characters either some will not be developed further or others will not be explored more.

What can I say? Leave it just like that.

In addition, the soundtrack has getting wonderful and more emphasized as the conflict is approaching the climax. It has picked enough attention on me to go and get it.

For once I will comment that Kazuya's corny speeches did pay a positive influence on me.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 15:13   Link #996
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-11, 17:19   Link #997
Kirramagic
twinletee twinkletee two

Send a message via Yahoo to Kirramagic
Yeah, I had alot of sympathy for Tarutette in this episode which is something I never thought could happen ^^

and once again my hatred for Kazuya has only increased!
Kirramagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 17:35   Link #998
Key Board
Carbon

The episode could have benefited from a larger budget or a better choreography

The "action" scene was painfully executed
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 18:14   Link #999
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The episode could have benefited from a larger budget or a better choreography

The "action" scene was painfully executed
how so? dont tell me you expected decapitated AA clones? something like that would definatly had freaked the viewers (eg "wtf since when did this show became elfen lied!" O.o)
from my perspetive ep 10 was done fine...keeping in with the mood of the series ~ nothing too extravagant but satisfying visually

Old 2007-03-11, 18:20   Link #1000
Kirramagic
twinletee twinkletee two

Send a message via Yahoo to Kirramagic
Second that vote ^_-
Kirramagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen