AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-16, 00:11   Link #461
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Well supposedly Touma knew about Imagine Breaker's full strength before he lost his memories... and that if he remembers he might pay more attention to Mikoto due to their past interactions. So yeah, it's probably important.
That's what Terra speculated.

But the one big problem with this idea is that Touma clearly did not have the benefits of Imagine Breaker on his whole body at the beginning of the series, which supposedly he would have if he knew more about Imagine Breaker.

Spoiler for vol 22:
Old 2010-10-16, 07:52   Link #462
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I read on the wikia i think about toumas past and what it was like for him as a child. Did they go into any further detail on him about to be stabbed by some guy?
Old 2010-10-16, 09:46   Link #463
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I read on the wikia i think about toumas past and what it was like for him as a child. Did they go into any further detail on him about to be stabbed by some guy?
Only in the Angel Fall novel (vol. 4) which hasn't been translated yet. I'm waiting (im)patiently for someone to translate it, but I think it won't be translated for awhile yet.
Old 2010-10-20, 20:22   Link #464
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So the only hint we have of Touma's past is in Angel Fall?
Old 2010-10-20, 20:34   Link #465
outerelf

Yep. It's the only time they even begin to go into Touma's past, and even then I've heard that it isn't a lot.
Old 2010-10-20, 20:50   Link #466
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
That's what Terra speculated.

But the one big problem with this idea is that Touma clearly did not have the benefits of Imagine Breaker on his whole body at the beginning of the series, which supposedly he would have if he knew more about Imagine Breaker.

Spoiler for vol 22:
i doubt it remember in ep 1, he still didnt even know why he had misfortune and index said its probably becuz of his hand. Also if he could extend his power he wouldnt have had such a problem against stiyl.
Old 2010-10-20, 21:24   Link #467
outerelf

Quote:
i doubt it remember in ep 1, he still didnt even know why he had misfortune and index said its probably becuz of his hand. Also if he could extend his power he wouldnt have had such a problem against stiyl.
I'll have to agree with you there.

The thing is, Touma probably got the IB when he was young. You learn that when he was young that he was called a 'monster' and everyone avoided him because he was said to bring bad luck.

Even once he got into academy city it didn't immediately change- but he did eventually bring it so that his bad luck affected himself and only himself. And his bad luck is generally good luck for all of the girls he meets because while he's crying about misfortune, they're the ones being saved.
Old 2010-10-23, 09:34   Link #468
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I have a theory; In the past Touma was said to bring bad luck to people right. So in that case why wouldn't it still have that effect?

If by having his right hand, he brings himself bad luck, then it wouldn't be too far fetch to say that every time he punched an enemy, he removes the 'divine blessing' that God has given them. And it's because of this bad luck that Touma could knock them out with a one-two punch.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:03   Link #469
tsunade666

isn't the effect before a lot worse than now? if the effect of bad luck before he enters the academy. Is it causes accidents and such why was when his in academy city. He only effect himself and not the others?

And chaoz isn't it other way around? Fiamma comments that IB has purifying effects.

And what if that purifying effects. Purifies the enemy so his illusions are getting destroyed and get blessed by a loli.

The so called Kamijou Virus is more like an additional blessing itself.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:16   Link #470
outerelf

Hmmm... I think- the one that brought bad luck is the power inside of Touma- the power that Fiamma nearly crapped his pants when it began gathering, and then the Imagine Breaker was what sealed that power. Of course, Touma being Touma, forgets how he got the IB and knows only that he's no longer bringing bad luck to everyone else- he's the only one that has bad luck instead.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:16   Link #471
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
isn't the effect before a lot worse than now? if the effect of bad luck before he enters the academy. Is it causes accidents and such why was when his in academy city. He only effect himself and not the others?
It does sort of affect the people he touch as well.

Remember Himegami's bra strap ?

That's some bad luck for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And chaoz isn't it other way around? Fiamma comments that IB has purifying effects.
It doesn't mean you can't destroy a 'helpful' effect, Imagine Breaker makes no distinction... yet.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:19   Link #472
tsunade666

kamijou still thinks that it's the power to smash illusion but what if he starts to break and his power also turn more broken than being broken before.

Loosing sanity is a good excuse to boost one strength.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:35   Link #473
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I suppose if the Holy Right have settings that could be adjust, I don't see why Imagine Breaker can't have the same.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:45   Link #474
tsunade666

the holy right reaches it's peak when their is a war. I wonder when would imagine breaker be awakened. Plus what's the thing inside of him.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:50   Link #475
outerelf

I'm not certain if the IB can grow any more powerful with the power inside of Touma being sealed- the IB is undoubtedly what's keeping it sealed, however- how much energy is keeping it sealed? How much of the IB is being directed inwards to keep the other power from breaking out?

Can Touma's IB be awakened if its caught up in squashing the other power within him?
Old 2010-10-23, 11:03   Link #476
tsunade666

Maybe the limit of IB is also connected to the thing inside of him. Being a sealing power. if the limit is remove probably the one sleeping inside would be awaken.

If IB would be awaken then how can Touma control the thing inside of him? put it onto his left arm?
Old 2010-10-23, 14:13   Link #477
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Can someone explain. Does touma have three kinds of powers?

1)Imagine Breaker
2)Thing inside that scared fiamma
3)power that crushed # 2
Old 2010-10-23, 14:14   Link #478
MPS645

Quick question in which volume did touma meet lessar for the first time?
Old 2010-10-23, 14:27   Link #479
Spyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS645 View Post
Quick question in which volume did touma meet lessar for the first time?
Volume 17

Quote:
Can someone explain. Does touma have three kinds of powers?

1)Imagine Breaker
2)Thing inside that scared fiamma
3)power that crushed # 2
And I believe it was the power of Imagine breaker that crushed the #2, so only 2 powers.
Old 2010-10-23, 16:25   Link #480
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

And I believe it was the power of Imagine breaker that crushed the #2, so only 2 powers.[/QUOTE]

So in the novel
Spoiler for novel:
Closed Thread