AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 11.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-29, 09:25   Link #1
4Tran

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles, Episode 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-08-29, 12:29   Link #2
cynicalicious
I like pie.

2 Chan thread is already out, as the show just aired.

Spoiler for Linky and spoilers:
Old 2009-08-29, 14:10   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Part A:
On a quasi-random note, I think it's interesting how people keep complaining about the screentime and focus that Faldio is getting in this adaptation. This reminds me of a certain other romance-centric show where viewers got mad that the show's main heroines were being chronicled because they were the losers and not the winners (and people felt they were "robbed" of the show they thought they were "promised"). And I sort of feel, in many ways, that this is what this anime is trying to do -- it's chronicling the "fallen" as much if not more so than it's chronicling the "heroes". But people can't seem to reconcile the fact that the show is giving focus to characters who aren't, in other senses, the "lead characters". Part of this, I suppose, is because they just don't like the characters being focused on as much as the true "main characters" or the way they've had to develop the "main characters" as a result, but I don't think that's the whole story either.

Part B (not really all that related to Part A):
Anyway, all in all I find that this forum is rather oppressive, with people constantly harping on how the anime writers are incompetent and how the show is a total disaster as if this is foregone objective conclusion. Most of these complaints are the very same we've had for months now, but it's as if there's a core group of people (we might call them "fans") who just don't tire of patting each other on the backs with their shared dislike for the show. I don't think some even watch it anymore; they just wait for someone else to post some screenshots or comments, and then take turns circle-beating the show for the latest perceived failure. How disgraceful. This isn't to say that people should only post if they have something nice to say, as legitimate criticism is certainly welcome, but the opinions of those still enjoying the show have been effectively drowned out, giving further rise to the impression that the only people left are fellow haters. A look around the blogosphere and on other anime forums does not seem to support this conclusion.

So, a request. Negative opinions are definitely welcome, but if it's beyond you to state your opinions without coming across as an arrogant, condescending prick, then you are welcome to leave. Circle-beating "me too" type replies that add nothing to the discussion, and any form of image retort or reply, are equally suspect. Those unable to tell the difference between these and legitimate posts will be "assisted" in this process. And before you act all offended, please carefully re-read the paragraph to consider if your actions truly warrant your feeling included. If they do warrant your feeling included, then the offense is intended. This sort of behaviour is in violation of the Forum Rules. Replies to this request in this thread will be summarily deleted; you are welcome to contact me via PM if you have concerns.

Even though you may dislike the show passionately, this forum is intended to be a place where legitimate discussion of the content of the anime can occur. If your only contribution is to whine, whinge, and moan about how they're not giving you the anime you've always wanted and feel you "rightfully deserve", episode threads aren't the right place for that. We're here to discuss the content of the episode in the anime as presented, and possibly to make fair and legitimate comparisons to the material as presented in the game, where applicable. If you're not here for those reasons, or reasons that are otherwise compatible with the purpose of this thread, you may leave.
Quoting so people that didn't see it will see it this time. And to hope it works to prevent...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-08-29, 16:13   Link #4
Runty

Spoiler for An interesting twist:
I still haven't seen the episode, just some screens. I'll give a more thorough review when I see it.
Old 2009-08-29, 20:14   Link #5
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-29, 20:46   Link #6
kraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Spoiler:
for that:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-29, 22:16   Link #7
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Skimmed through the episode, not too bad of an episode until subs come out but I wonder why everyone's freaked out about Alicia. I mean the Valkyur were worshipped as saviours and gods were they not? IMO the reaction to her was awkward to say the least, at least Damon just went up to her

Selvaria and Alicia's background, it is interesting but I think this was introduced way too late into the series since we've got like 4 episodes left.

Other than that I'm curious as to where they are going with this and if they will further develop this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Wonderful Episode. I Enjoy. Fantastic Plotline. Must See More. 10/10.

Let Us. All Praise. The Best. Anime Series. Ever.

I too can conform to relentlessflames' rules!
So, a request. Negative opinions are definitely welcome, but if it's beyond you to state your opinions without coming across as an arrogant, condescending prick, then you are welcome to leave.
Old 2009-08-29, 23:14   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep22:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Spoiler:
A person who has shown he hates anything anime-original in this fussed over it in the previous episode = Anime-original

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-08-30 at 00:16. Reason: Pointless stuff removed~
Old 2009-08-29, 23:26   Link #9
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So, a request. Negative opinions are definitely welcome, but if it's beyond you to state your opinions without coming across as an arrogant, condescending prick, then you are welcome to leave.
The problem is that it does not tell what makes you an arrogant, condescending prick. It is not self clear. It's still left for him to decide.

It's the same thing as saying - So, a request. Negative opinions are definitely welcome, but if they do not suit my taste, then you are welcome to leave.

And wow was a great episode. Incredible. Fabiotastic. Wow. Somehow it centers on the main hero Faldio bit less but its ok, for now side-character Welkin will do, though even he gets little focus compared to Damon. Still what an amazing script writing. Its super. Its great. No mistakes now - its the best series of this season and the best ever created. But we knew that already, as the idea of babelfish translated letter was so revolutionary showing what attention they pay to the details. Fabiolous, supreme insight.

Spoiler for seriously:

And yes, serenade. It did not say anything about anime or characters - Quoting so people that didn't see it will see it this time. And to hope it works to prevent...

How it talks about VC episode 22? You tell nothing and provide nothing to a discussion of the tread with this post. Only the possibility to get involved into a discussing something that is not related to the episode, it looks even more funny because the text you quote tells that you should do exactly the opposite of what you did. If you still are confused I explain, the text says - posts should provide a material to discuss about the anime even if its negative opinion. If they do not, then they are bad. And thats what your first post is - you did not say anything about the anime and provided nothing to its discussion.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-08-29 at 23:44.
Old 2009-08-29, 23:26   Link #10
justavisitor

pretty good episode...9/10

I was gonna give this episode 10/10 but I have to settle for 9/10 because
Spoiler for spoiler:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-08-29, 23:56   Link #11
4Tran

All right, let's cut the chatter about who's right and wrong to post, and get on with the discussing the actual episode.
Old 2009-08-30, 00:29   Link #12
ThoHell

AHHHHHH, this is so stupid. I should of waited for the last episode to air then start watching this again. Welkin just won't grow as a character, guy is just damn pathetic. Ridiculous drama. A bunch of military goons trying to control something that is significantly far above them and to make it worst, that greater being is allowing herself to be so easily controlled. Good god man, those girls are like Supergirl! More than a 1 man army, more power than any signal nation can withstand. How the hell did such a powerful race just go poof?
Old 2009-08-30, 01:18   Link #13
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
pretty good episode...9/10

I was gonna give this episode 10/10 but I have to settle for 9/10 because
Spoiler for spoiler:
Teasing? This whole love triangle has played a huge role in that. The romantic development had to be split between two possible couples. All is not lost though, and all I'm going to say is to keep watching on... Well, we'll see.

Seeing the new development regarding Selvaria and Alicia right now, I would've preferred the anime expand on this more rather dwell too much in a love triangle whose result could have been easily inferred even if you don't know much about the game. Compared to that, this new development is right at home with the heart of the matter—their conflict and their lost history—which could even be so much more than what is shown in the game.

Alas, as one poster has already said, there are only four episodes left. The introduction of this new angle is quite late. I have no idea how they'll further develop this, but I have to give credit to the anime for finally doing something truly different and (hopefully) good at the same time.
Old 2009-08-30, 03:39   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Alas, as one poster has already said, there are only four episodes left. The introduction of this new angle is quite late. I have no idea how they'll further develop this, but I have to give credit to the anime for finally doing something truly different and (hopefully) good at the same time.
At this rate, i can see them going for a new complete ending. Maybe keeping a few pieces from the game, though with he new material and the fact that we have four episodes left, it's the best choice they can make at the moment.

Let's hope they can pull off something decent, because i don't mind where they're going with their new material in this episode.
Old 2009-08-30, 03:47   Link #15
Chrono Helix

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-30, 04:06   Link #16
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

They kept the Marmota. Good good... (Imperials really have a weird knack for giving absolutly non-threatening names to their heavy tanks).

We finally get Faldio's explanation for why he shot Alicia. It is too early for him to show regret though. Too bad we didn't get "fisticuffs", but it would have been out of place for Welkin to punch Faldio while he's tied up. Oh well, I have no doubt they'll make SuperFaldio save the day once again, while Welkin gets less screen time than General Damon.

Introducing a sub-plot for Alicia and Selveria is way too late. With only four episodes and so much left to screen they can't be dilly-dallying too long.

A rather good episode like we've been having lately, making up for the disappointment that was 21 in comparison. The worrying part is how much of the story is left to be told and how few episodes they kept for that. I sure hope they don't end up skipping important subplot like Cordelia's because of that.
Old 2009-08-30, 04:40   Link #17
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At this rate, i can see them going for a new complete ending. Maybe keeping a few pieces from the game, though with he new material and the fact that we have four episodes left, it's the best choice they can make at the moment.

Let's hope they can pull off something decent, because i don't mind where they're going with their new material in this episode.
Hmmm. I admit that a new ending involving Selvaria sounds kind of interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Oh well, I have no doubt they'll make SuperFaldio save the day once again, while Welkin gets less screen time than General Damon.

Introducing a sub-plot for Alicia and Selveria is way too late. With only four episodes and so much left to screen they can't be dilly-dallying too long.
Then the anime better not spend too much time on Faldio all over again when it's not needed. With this new piece of info and four episodes left, I seriously hope the anime realizes this.
Old 2009-08-30, 05:07   Link #18
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Finished this episode with subs. Pretty good original developments, I must say.
Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2009-08-30, 05:33   Link #19
Key Board
Carbon

It's really hard to see this possibly ending in 4 episodes

Is it going to run longer than 2 cours?
Old 2009-08-30, 06:46   Link #20
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It's really hard to see this possibly ending in 4 episodes

Is it going to run longer than 2 cours?

was wondering the same thing (for a while now)
Closed Thread