AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-16, 00:14   Link #141
gibits
Endless

The only thing that ruins the replay value of this series is how Kotonoha is treated. When I watch these 12 episodes I wonder if Overflow hates her. Sure she should've wised up, but it should be perfectly clear to everyone that she has no confidence in herself to think that someone better than Makoto would come around (all the other girls seem to think so also).

After all the abuse (rape included) she had to endure, she finally gets Makoto to see how much he's hurt her, only him killed soon afterwards. Fucking tragic.
Old 2008-07-16, 15:13   Link #142
IAmTheMurderer
There could be zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
The only thing that ruins the replay value of this series is how Kotonoha is treated. When I watch these 12 episodes I wonder if Overflow hates her. Sure she should've wised up, but it should be perfectly clear to everyone that she has no confidence in herself to think that someone better than Makoto would come around (all the other girls seem to think so also).

After all the abuse (rape included) she had to endure, she finally gets Makoto to see how much he's hurt her, only him killed soon afterwards. Fucking tragic.
QFT.
I felt so, so bad for poor Kotonoha by the end of the series. I literally cried for the poor girl when she saw Makoto at the dance and finally realized the truth.
I don't much like Makoto but I can definitely say that of all the girls in the series, my favorite is Kotonoha.
Old 2008-07-18, 01:17   Link #143
Taler
http://typemoon.us

Hmm, opposite here, Kotonoha was my least favorite. She was consistently clueless, weak, emo, and and holier than thou, which in my book translates to passive-aggressiveness. Would definitely not like to have someone like her as my GF.
Old 2008-07-24, 18:58   Link #144
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post

Yea Makoto finally sees then he dies! That was sad but she went a little crazy. That wasn't nice how they treated her I didn't like that.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-25, 07:41   Link #145
pegasus05

I don' know why but Katsura Kotonoha is my fav char
Old 2008-07-26, 19:56   Link #146
Nemu

I think Kotonoha was cute sometimes, but I think it was
Spoiler for Anime ending spoiler:

Signature by ganbaru
Old 2008-07-26, 20:43   Link #147
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
I think Kotonoha was cute sometimes, but I think it was
Spoiler for Anime ending spoiler:
I would not hold a guys head if hes head is cut off from his body.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-27, 21:25   Link #148
IAmTheMurderer
There could be zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taler View Post
Hmm, opposite here, Kotonoha was my least favorite. She was consistently clueless, weak, emo, and and holier than thou, which in my book translates to passive-aggressiveness. Would definitely not like to have someone like her as my GF.
I don't see her as holier than thou. Her cluelessness probably lends that image, yes. But she definitely never does anything on purpose to lord over others, which is what I see holier than thou as.
Old 2008-09-23, 10:01   Link #149
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

She's just an innocent girl who can not help but falling in love with a completely wrong person. And reason why Kotohona tries to use her body is to ensure the man who loves him will not leave him, she is NOT willing, but she wants her BF to have fun around her, and for that she thinks thats the only way.. A very tragic character.
Old 2008-09-23, 10:17   Link #150
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Very tragic, indeed. And very unstable, as well. But hey, so was Sekai.

Old 2008-09-23, 12:38   Link #151
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Kotonoha was mentally more fragile then Sekai -at least in the Anime-
And I can't really find a reason why Sekai did all she had done. I know shes a girl of 16~ and how they can be unstable, but it was Kotonoha that Makoto loves..

Hmm sigh, I really feel so sorry about Kotonoha..
Old 2008-09-23, 16:13   Link #152
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
I would not hold a guys head if hes head is cut off from his body.
I wouldn't be suprised if she went to a taxedermist and got Makato's head stuffed and turned it into a pillow @_@
Old 2008-09-23, 16:20   Link #153
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Neither would I, actually. Man, that ending sure was F-ed up. But I still love her and the rest of the gang.

Old 2009-01-20, 16:57   Link #154
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheMurderer View Post
I don't see her as holier than thou. Her cluelessness probably lends that image, yes. But she definitely never does anything on purpose to lord over others, which is what I see holier than thou as.
Everyone sees Kotonoha as a saint? Quit joking!
She's a selfish introverted girl who lives in fairy tales. She's nice and pure but she has as high standards and as high toughts about love as the Mount Everest!
When she finaly going out with Makoto she sees him as the Destined One from fairy tales...The prince on white horse! She's always in a dream world where her prince(precticaly Makoto) totaly decoted for her and do everything she desires. When she heard news from others and seen the proof she starts waking up(but only a bit) from her dream but still thinks that what she heard and seen the dream and Makoto her shining knight. But when Makoto officialy breaks up with her then her dream is shattered and reformed in a wicked state(more precisely she shut herself in an insane imaginar world where she's Makoto's girlfriend forever and Sekai is the evil witch who tries to stole him from her.) Funny but in that imaginary world she and makoto's relationship more mature than the previous fairy tale dream and she become totaly devoted to the goal of having Makoto...and she become much more crude towards anyone who tries to "stole away" Makoto...especialy to Sekai her "tousand-year-long nemesis". She can't belive even a single world from her that's why she doubts her pregnancy(maybe she's right but it has an extremely small chance considering that Sekai always at her mind[maybe at the kill scene not...but she planned it out "nicely"<more precisely: Nice Boatly :P> so i doubt], so she's not beliving herself to be pregnant, and she can't play it because she has morning sickness at home). It sums up Kotonaha's beliefs and "proof" about Sekai's "fake-pregnancy" at the and. She can't be pregnant because i am(Kotonoha) is Makoto's girlfriend. In her imaginary world Makoto had never cheated her and he remains at her side to the end.(That's why she sliced off Makoto's head and hugged it at the end on the Yacht)

Conclusion: She sure suffered a lot but by her own fault/cause. She was so naive and so blind that she never tought that Makoto will leave her. She just can't belive that and when she seen that the only thing that she did was to beg for Sekai to break up with him(and Sekai seriously considered the option because she felt sorry for her...she loved makoto enough to make her relived just the toughtt that Makoto will be happy). It's again typical that she only blamed Sekai for that because in her eyes Makoto is a honourable knight who would never do that by his own will.

Note: if you not noticed i will say: I hate Kotonoha's character because she such a selfish/spoiled girl with big dreams about love...i don't think that we see nowadays too many women/girls with that kind of personalty(Thank God!)
Old 2009-01-30, 03:06   Link #155
FateAnomaly

For me i think her only fault is that she is too obsessive. I don't understand what she really see in Makoto though but love is blind anyway. She is somewhat delusional. I don't think her character is bad at all though. Compared to Sekai who is scheming, she is really much better.
Old 2009-01-30, 03:46   Link #156
bin1127

Kotonoha is my favorite character too. Perhaps too shy and too reserved, but she's polite and kind to people even when treated harshly by everyone including her only friend, Sekai the Devil. A huge plus is that she's the only non-slut in the series.

Really don't understand why so many people hate Kotonoha. maybe Kotonoha is more representative of conservative japanese girls and Sekai is more free and lively (at least now she isn't). but given how everyone treated Kotonoha doesn't she deserve some praise in how she bore everything completely alone? If a real person suffered through that I'm sure there'ld be more deaths and more headlines the next day.

I was rooting for Kotonoha throughout the series cause she deserves a good ending of all the characters.
Old 2009-01-30, 04:27   Link #157
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin1127 View Post
Really don't understand why so many people hate Kotonoha.

(at least now she isn't).

but given how everyone treated Kotonoha doesn't she deserve some praise in how she bore everything completely alone? If a real person suffered through that I'm sure there'ld be more deaths and more headlines the next day.
I'm sure people have their different reasons, but I can say with confidence that a surprisingly large number hate her because her followers are so absolutely abnoxious.

And Kotonoha is currently rotting in the ocean.

Nn~ Poor girl?, but hey, I'm sure most girls who get dumped go insane and kill people.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-01-30, 05:30   Link #158
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by bin1127 View Post
Kotonoha is my favorite character too. Perhaps too shy and too reserved, but she's polite and kind to people even when treated harshly by everyone including her only friend, Sekai the Devil. A huge plus is that she's the only non-slut in the series.

Really don't understand why so many people hate Kotonoha. maybe Kotonoha is more representative of conservative japanese girls and Sekai is more free and lively (at least now she isn't). but given how everyone treated Kotonoha doesn't she deserve some praise in how she bore everything completely alone? If a real person suffered through that I'm sure there'ld be more deaths and more headlines the next day.

I was rooting for Kotonoha throughout the series cause she deserves a good ending of all the characters.
I doesn't understand why so many ppl thinks that Kotonoha is a saint who did nothing wrong and she has such an angelic heart.
As i said she lived in a dream world where she's a princess and have no friends because she isolated in a castle(of her her attitude and introvertedness). Her toughts of love are outdated even at the time of her great-grandmother. If she didn't thought about her as a princess then at least as some kind of Cinderella. And she tought that suddenly a prince(in her case Makoto) comes and spoils her until the remainder of her life.
She's damn selfish despite her kindness. Somewhat like Makoto(he's immature in terms of feelings only know the basics like the feeling of lust. And inconsiderate to the ppl that aren't at his sight.).
I think she's somewhat "sick" in her mind from the begining. She must have learned the meaning of love from fairy tales. I guess she was spoiled greatly by her parents.
Her suffering was nothing compared to Sekai's but she magnified by herself...she's the one who caused the sufering to herself!
So you would have killed your every classmate from the same sex as you if you find out that your new boyfriend/girlfriend cheated you with everyone? Good thoughts for a mass-murderer...:P
Kotonoha can surely realise that their relationship ended long time before she actually officialy dumped...she's just damn ignorant to the fact that didn't fit into her dream world.
Why i hate her? Because so many ppl thinks she is a good person...wrong!
She COULD be a good person(as Makoto) if she has learned some emphaty and human knowledge(and gone out of her damn dream world!!!).
Old 2009-07-06, 17:27   Link #159
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Was Kotonoha really raped? I see a lot of people talking about how she did but it looked like the boy only touched her a bit. It was sexual abuse, not rape.
Old 2009-07-06, 21:49   Link #160
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Was Kotonoha really raped? I see a lot of people talking about how she did but it looked like the boy only touched her a bit. It was sexual abuse, not rape.
To be honest, she didn't get raped because she needed to be comforted and ended up sleeping with Makoto's friend, I forget his name at the moment but she did have sex although it wasn't explicitly shown, I think we can all read between the lines.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Closed Thread