AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 17 24.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 15.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 5.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-17, 10:20   Link #61
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Oh, first dvd will be released only in november (2008.9.25). :O
Ahem...2008.09.25 is september...
Old 2008-07-17, 12:54   Link #62
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Bad start to the episode, good middle and absolutely awful ending to it. The characters are wrecking what could have been a good story. I think it would have been a hell lot more interesting if Louise summoned a new servant or another Saito. Oh well I expect more of the same as this goes on. Shame Louise can't be hung, drawn and quatered.
Old 2008-07-17, 16:22   Link #63
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wow. Saito's completely renounced his S1 pride as a free man and accepted his station as a damn dog.
Old 2008-07-17, 16:55   Link #64
gugumomu
the hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wow. Saito's completely renounced his S1 pride as a free man and accepted his station as a damn dog.
love changes everything
Old 2008-07-17, 18:37   Link #65
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
gugumomu is right... Love makes people act very illogical, stupid and contraversal... Well it is not only that as in animes case we can add atrocious directing.

Still though love makes people do even more stupid things really..
Old 2008-07-18, 01:22   Link #66
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

At least Saito is being the loyal "knight" serving his master. So what if he threw away his pride and becomes a dog. In my opinion Saito is doing the right thing in becoming more of a dog so his relationship with Louise will move on. Of course there will be problems but at least the two of them are becoming closer to each other.

Anyway I'm satisfied with episode 2 and I can't wait for the climax of season 3 to happen.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-07-18, 09:55   Link #67
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMethod View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-18, 12:28   Link #68
Evockzi
カナダ

Send a message via MSN to Evockzi
Spoiler for episode:
Old 2008-07-18, 17:28   Link #69
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

How would things turn out if Saito actually told the commoners on how the monarchy was overthrown in his world and the types of governments that replaced them? Would it lead to some sort of revolution in the countries?

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
Old 2008-07-18, 17:46   Link #70
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Elf of the Forest

The third season to Zero no Tsukaima is quickly becoming not an improvement but a huge success in comparison to the previous two series.

In this episode I was witness to the giant leaps made upon Louise and Saito's relationship.

Spoiler for Louise:

Spoiler for Void users:

Spoiler for Black Fog:

Spoiler for Changes:

Cute elf + super breasts + pretty voice + elf + Noto Mamiko as seiyuu = Paradise for comedic mayhem to ensue, which forced alliance Louise and Siesta to strike an alliance.
Old 2008-07-18, 21:05   Link #71
Darknemo2000

CapoExecutor, t depends. If you think people were unhappy by monarchy you are wrong. In fact in ancient times people liked monarchy as a king and queen could represent their hopes ("if only kind knew") and expectations, what eventually made monarchy crumble was how monarch's were acting. No wonder that the revolution began in France where monarchs were really full of themselves. However, if nobles were not acting so arrogant openly I do not think revolution would have had spread.

In fact people liked when monarch was strict (more displeasure was when monarch was weak), but all in all monarchy was doing pretty well until it started stepping over the borders in France.

In Louise world, there were attempts upon revolution already but nothing really big. Since again it doesn't take all country as a lot of people still maintain their respect for the monarch and certain nobles (like Valliere). So I do not think Saito saying that would change anything. they know what revolution is, but for now the water seems calm.
Old 2008-07-18, 22:32   Link #72
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
CapoExecutor, t depends. If you think people were unhappy by monarchy you are wrong. In fact in ancient times people liked monarchy as a king and queen could represent their hopes ("if only kind knew") and expectations, what eventually made monarchy crumble was how monarch's were acting. No wonder that the revolution began in France where monarchs were really full of themselves. However, if nobles were not acting so arrogant openly I do not think revolution would have had spread.

In fact people liked when monarch was strict (more displeasure was when monarch was weak), but all in all monarchy was doing pretty well until it started stepping over the borders in France.

In Louise world, there were attempts upon revolution already but nothing really big. Since again it doesn't take all country as a lot of people still maintain their respect for the monarch and certain nobles (like Valliere). So I do not think Saito saying that would change anything. they know what revolution is, but for now the water seems calm.
I didn't say that the commoners were frustrated with the monarchy. It's that with all the antics that Saito has done, ranging from kissing a queen illicitly to doing other things to nobles that would warrant him getting beaten by Louise, one could wonder: doesn't Saito even know how to keep his conduct in line when in the presence of royalty? Someone would also be asking as to what kind of world was he raised in as well as other questions, which may lead him to mention about the order in his world.

I guess the monarchs in that world seem more tactful and competant to hold onto their positions while keeping the populace content compared to the blunders of the Earth monarchy.

The only type of revolution I could see is the revolution that Saito mentioned when he met up with Tiffania. Wouldn't an elf get so much stress on her back with such a large bustline like that?

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
Old 2008-07-19, 01:52   Link #73
Darknemo2000

In fact, even in now, modern times, a lot of people would know that presenting a hand means you are meant to kiss the hand rather than kissing the owner of the hand on the lips. It a simple gallantry, maybe really on the verge of being forgotten but still not yet.

Saito not knowing that is not a sign of modernism in this case. He is just a total simpleton, who hardly ever touched books other than the ones he had to for school. The only case he would touch books in his free time would be if they had a shape of boobs.

When you see a person acting like he does in Louise's world the first thought that you would have is not that he is modern or different, but that he is brute with extremely low IQ (which is right actually) and only if you see him handing those strange weapons from modern world you may think he might be from somewhere else than here. But if you would make conclusions just from the way he acts around nobles - you would think that he is just an tactless idiot that grew up somewhere in the mountains with monkeys.

Not saying that nobles in Louise's world are great (look at Richmon) but they are not going over the limit as drastically as the ones in France (I mean come one, commoners in France had a few years of drought and instead of showing some solidity with nation and maybe lower taxes a little bit, you rise taxes instead just so that you would not loose the luxuries of your own palace? Thats too drastic even for a ruler of the country).
Old 2008-07-19, 08:16   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure what kind of bastards the nobles in Louise's world are (there was one guy who tried to make Siesta his sex slave, and nobody but Saito found that very objectionable). But the thing is, there is a real, tangible difference between nobles and commoners. Nobles have magic. Commoners don't. That would impede the spread of both violent revolution and any egalitarian ideology. (Not saying it's impossible. Let's not forget the Jhereg saying: no matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.)
Old 2008-07-19, 09:33   Link #75
Darknemo2000

Anh_Minh, while you are right about magic but do not forget about our world. sure nobles here did not had magic but they had MUCH better equipment, professional armies and so on. Even nobles themselves trained to be good at war matters. It was not much easier for earth commoners really...
Old 2008-07-19, 09:37   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well from the sounds of the preview for ep.3, it seems that Saito is going to be a noble now. This will be interesting.
Old 2008-07-19, 09:42   Link #77
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

One of the nobles' argument for the way things were was that they were basically "chosen ones". While an Earth bourgeois could look at a noble and think "what does that twit has that I don't?", a ZnT bourgeois knows: a noble can set people on fire with a thought and a small wand. There's a tangible sign they're "chosen ones". That can be pretty demotivating.

There's also the question of what the limits of magic are. Truth serums? Mind reading? Foretelling? All those things could seriously impede a revolution. It doesn't make it impossible, but it raises the bar of how motivated and clever the populace has to be.
Old 2008-07-19, 09:50   Link #78
Darknemo2000

Anh, I think you are forgetting one thing. The nobles were the chosen ones on earth..Have you forgotten church? Church and Christianity made sure that nobles were chosen ones, like Tomas Aquinas wrote in his "Two Kingdoms", earth kingdom is only a reflection of heavenly one, and commoners have to obey the kings and nobles and church or else they will be together with Satan and thus expelled from heavenly kindgom and their souls wont be saved by Christ.

And Christianity was very powerful weapon at those times.

Nobility and churchmen were two of three class system and made sure to manipulate commoners. I would not think that Louise's nobles have more strength in idialogy than earth ones...

People who know little are easy to manipulate thus chruch and nobles were making sure that commoners would not learn to read and not gain knowledge. And made sure to reinstall their fair for the heavenly status of nobility and churchmen as the chosen ones.

Thats why such bastards like Voltaire or Russo were so disliked by nobility and mostly church - they were trying to give commoners knowledge that you could really think "What he does have that that I do not" but in most cases such thoughts were simply impossible to earth commoners.
Old 2008-07-19, 10:23   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But that's my point. They just claimed to be chosen ones. But they couldn't really prove it. Not to educated, rich bourgeois, who could in turn talk to and inflame the masses. It was the time of the Lumières, and scepticism was stronger than it'd ever been.

In Louise's world, they can demonstrate their chosenhood. If some commoners asks what the nobles have that commoners don't, that places them above the commoners, the answer's simple: magic.
Old 2008-07-20, 14:51   Link #80
vorpal83

People associate the ruling power with it's arm that they see most often, ie cops, or aristocrats. What proletariat knows what the king is like? He has to infer the nature of the king by the interactions he has with those who do the king's work. If his experiences are bad, the king is bad, if good, the king is good.
Closed Thread