AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-13, 01:41   Link #181
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Okay...

Here's a bit of a change. From now on, let's use this thread to discuss the anime. All discussion of the game shall flee for the Games Forum. Got that?

Prosecuters will be deleted.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-13, 07:04   Link #182
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Kinoko Nasu's world is very intricate, I just cannot dimiss the feeling that Fate is just another story in his vast universe. I mean this is story focuses on mage which one of key player in world that he created. I do wonder if Aoko "Miss Blue Gunner" Aozaki can finished off everyone in Fate, in case she decided to be interested in the War.

I do wonder if Zeltrech will get mentioned in the anime just like in the game. Afterall, he is one of the witness of Arcuied's birth and School Master of Sorcery. He is the one who taught Tohsaka's family the jewel magic.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-13, 07:41   Link #183
vin.dictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Did anyone else notice the ending theme had Saber with brown eyes instead of her usual emerald green?

And its niice to finally here on this thread. I see one familiar face. Guy! :D

Last edited by vin.dictive; 2006-01-13 at 08:13.
Old 2006-01-13, 17:16   Link #184
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

If you still have not notice....

They got a Berserk-er and an AIR-sasin to voice Lancer.

Spoiler for those who still don't get what I meant :-
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-13, 22:17   Link #185
Sakuya
*Artist

Please don't hit me for not playing the game but watching this series.

But I was wondering what exactly are Servants? Are they spirits or maybe beings brought back from the dead? *tries to dodge tomatoes being thrown*
Old 2006-01-13, 22:33   Link #186
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya

But I was wondering what exactly are Servants? Are they spirits or maybe beings brought back from the dead? *tries to dodge tomatoes being thrown*
Hmm... Judging from the game at least , they will be explaining everything in the next few episodes... So just wait until then, unless you want to spoil yourself?
Old 2006-01-13, 22:56   Link #187
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Hmm... Judging from the game at least , they will be explaining everything in the next few episodes... So just wait until then, unless you want to spoil yourself?
Oh. Well, I don't mind spoilers because I'll still be watching the show anyway. Honestly, I already know that one ultimate spoiler about Archer. But don't really understand how it's such a big deal. It's interesting though. I guess I must watch to find out.

And thanks for putting up the screens so fast Omni! I'm so excited to see all the action and hear the wonderful music.
Old 2006-01-13, 23:33   Link #188
vin.dictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya

Your close. Very close. View these spoilers at your own risk.

Spoiler:

The rules for the Holy Grail war are more complicated though, but easy to grasp.

Last edited by vin.dictive; 2006-01-13 at 23:55.
Old 2006-01-14, 00:32   Link #189
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Ah, that is interesting. I am glad to know that me bothering about that was not all that meaningless.

Will keep wondering... 8)
Old 2006-01-14, 01:01   Link #190
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
That's right, at this rate, that mabo priest should have all the basics explained by episode 3 or 4.
Didn't they say that the noisy priest ignition ceremony of the last Master is episode 3 from the magazine spoilers?

Plus that whole hooded Saber thing at the preview.
Old 2006-01-14, 01:57   Link #191
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Ah, that is interesting. I am glad to know that me bothering about that was not all that meaningless.

Will keep wondering... 8)
That's one of the things that make F/SN great. Superb storytelling. Even from the beginning of the game, it gives out a lot of questions to the viewers, be it minor ones or major ones. And because the game is done from a narrative perspective, the answers they present may in fact not be the real answers at all. The way the minor and major mysteries intertwine and reveal themselves in the finale is indeed amazing.

I'll not spoil anything yet, so I'll be vague. Why did Rin botch her summoning and summoned Archer instead? Did she really botch it? How was an untalented/unskilled Magus like Shirou capable of summoning Saber? Why did Rin save Shirou despite not knowing him well? Why is Archer so good in making black tea and house-keeping? Why does Archer like using the dual short swords? Is Shirou really untalented as his father claims? Why did Ayako ask Shirou to watch them practice archery?

These minor questions to even major questions like What is the Holy Grail War? What is the Holy Grail? What is it capable of? When did it start? Who is Saber? Who is the one Saber fought at Fuyuki? Who is Archer?

They are all connected, and these subtle details really make a difference in story-telling. F/sn is much more than just cool, epic battles and beautiful CGs.

But anyway, let's get back on topic before NSW creeps up our shoulders. We're talking about the anime here, it's best to leave out any game spoilers even in tags.
Old 2006-01-14, 09:20   Link #192
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Ah, you're right, I just checked it. Ah well, it's been close to 2 years since I've read the beginning part of Fsn, so my memory probably isn't perfect.

But you have to admit, for most part of the story, Shirou is always either getting his ass kicked by various peoples, or something of his is always breaking.
That's why he is hero. We tend to side with underdogs. A story with all conquering main lead is no fun and no point to follow (hint hint; Gundam Seed Kira). I do remember to what extend he is willing to go for his personal beliefs. I wish I can do something like he did.

Plus, Shirou willingness to sacrifice for his belief is admirable and that's why he is so likable as the game shows and anime will show later. And one thing I like about him, he did not sit around and whine most of the time.
Old 2006-01-14, 09:35   Link #193
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Again, can Sushi and Stormy edit your post? I know it's very very subtle, but in a way, you're probably spoiling the direction and what might happen with Shirou in the anime series. We still don't know which scenario they will take, and game infos even with tags really should be done outside of this part of the forum.

btw, is anyone here dissapointed with Archer/Lancer? I found it okay since I never expected more than 5 seconds of them battling in the first place, but their fighting methods really differ a bit from the game.
Old 2006-01-14, 09:48   Link #194
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Again, can Sushi and Stormy edit your post? I know it's very very subtle, but in a way, you're probably spoiling the direction and what might happen with Shirou in the anime series. We still don't know which scenario they will take, and game infos even with tags really should be done outside of this part of the forum.

btw, is anyone here dissapointed with Archer/Lancer? I found it okay since I never expected more than 5 seconds of them battling in the first place, but their fighting methods really differ a bit from the game.
The way he fought is exactly how I thought is described in the game. The game did not really talks in detail the method he use in combat anyway.

I don't see how I spoil the story, since anyone with decent brain can tell what kinda direction of Shirou will do, judging from his introduction in episode 1 itself.
Old 2006-01-14, 10:24   Link #195
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
I don't see how I spoil the story, since anyone with decent brain can tell what kinda direction of Shirou will do, judging from his introduction in episode 1 itself.
Spoiler:

Anyway, it's more of Sushi than you.
Old 2006-01-14, 11:06   Link #196
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Spoiler:

Anyway, it's more of Sushi than you.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-14, 11:25   Link #197
Mentar
Banned

Erhm... could we please either have a new board or a new thread, dear mods?

Thing is - I know that the game-knowledgeable people WANT a forum to exchange thoughts. This is fair enough. However, I find it slightly annoying, because whether or not you intend to avoid it, you WILL be spoiled.

Additionally, I want one thread or board where mentioning of later knowledge is expressively prohibited. The "F/sn noob thread". Veterans either get a grip or stay out completely.

Would that be possible?

Last edited by Mentar; 2006-01-14 at 12:20.
Old 2006-01-14, 12:22   Link #198
Freakman

I would like to second the motion by Mentar (Zalas already mentioned it too).
Old 2006-01-14, 12:51   Link #199
stormy001_M1A2

I also supported this notion too. Sorry for my earlier, unintentional spoiler post for non Fate/Stay Night players.

It is just the game will provoke many questions and it just come to me naturally to ask about it to understand what is going on in the background, since Kinoko Nasu put so much details in it.
Old 2006-01-14, 12:52   Link #200
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I agree with Mentar, especially on "F/sn noob thread" creation, in which I would adhere regardless. Actually, I'm liking this show, and I have already posted here as well, but unfortunately I have quite gave up reading, for the already descripted motivations.
I also recognise gamers' and plot knowings' rights to talk about FSN freely, but at that rate, a separation seems to be required.