AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-04-04, 11:18   Link #801
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
so much kuroko for 16 secs <3
We just can't get enough of her hehe
Kuroko sometimes is a really funny, "slightly" perverted character, other times cool and dead serious, i like both sides of her~
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 12:36   Link #802
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko View Post
We just can't get enough of her hehe
Kuroko sometimes is a really funny, "slightly" perverted character, other times cool and dead serious, i like both sides of her~
Yeah, she really fits her name with that dual-persona kinda deal. Plus she is, as I have stated before, an inherently awesome character. Sure it's not very deep but it's great to watch.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 17:51   Link #803
Goldzero

i dam straight love kuroko even though her constant one-sama needs pisses me of but overall who does't love a teleporting girl who can go to extreme measures for the one she loves such as mikoto.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 20:01   Link #804
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i dam straight love kuroko even though her constant one-sama needs pisses me of but overall who does't love a teleporting girl who can go to extreme measures for the one she loves such as mikoto.
I don't know why it pisses you off, if it wasn't played for laughs her devotion would be far more touching, but alas it is forever doomed to be futile and thus simply be a running gag.
Old 2013-04-04, 21:43   Link #805
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
I don't know why it pisses you off, if it wasn't played for laughs her devotion would be far more touching, but alas it is forever doomed to be futile and thus simply be a running gag.
my only problem with her was her running gag with her over used comedy scenes but overall i like her allot. sorry if it offended you, don't take it personal it just i find it to be overused at first i enjoyed the lol moments but it kept on going on for to many uses so thats the only thing i dislike about her. don't take it personal everyone has one thing they don't like about a certain character and my problem is kuroko overused one sama comedy scenes.but my overall impression of her is a dynamic girl who would put herself at risk for mikoto when her serious mode is needed.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 00:08   Link #806
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Dammit, none of you actually remember why she's sharing room with Miko?
Old 2013-04-05, 06:22   Link #807
Vito
Asshole.

Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 07:10   Link #808
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Dammit, none of you actually remember why she's sharing room with Miko?
because Misaka's other roommate was jealous of Misaka's ability or something and didn't like her.
Old 2013-04-05, 08:12   Link #809
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
The fact it is used as a running gag is why its gets annoying in the anime, for me. It isn't overdone in the novels/manga, but the anime overdoes it sometimes. I'm looking at you episode 2 of Railgun. I think Kuroko is a great character overall. I just get annoyed when one aspect of a character is singled out and shoved in our face over and over again for cheap laugh.
Old 2013-04-05, 09:43   Link #810
zaeraal

Quote:
because Misaka's other roommate was jealous of Misaka's ability or something and didn't like her.
Not really. Misaka's previous roommate was blackmailed by Kuroko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
The fact it is used as a running gag is why its gets annoying in the anime, for me. It isn't overdone in the novels/manga, but the anime overdoes it sometimes. I'm looking at you episode 2 of Railgun. I think Kuroko is a great character overall. I just get annoyed when one aspect of a character is singled out and shoved in our face over and over again for cheap laugh.
I never took her "love towards Misaka" seriously, so for me these running gags are ok.
I mean just look at her, stealing/acquiring Mikoto's underwear (or other items), stalking her and making photos of her in delicate situations, trying to drug and rape her, forcing her to wear clothes she does not like, constantly trying to kiss her, entering her bathroom just to molest her...
She feels like some Justing Bieber fangirl , you can't really take her "love" seriously.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:16   Link #811
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post

I never took her "love towards Misaka" seriously, so for me these running gags are ok.
I mean just look at her, stealing/acquiring Mikoto's underwear (or other items), stalking her and making photos of her in delicate situations, trying to drug and rape her, forcing her to wear clothes she does not like, constantly trying to kiss her, entering her bathroom just to molest her...
She feels like some Justing Bieber fangirl , you can't really take her "love" seriously.
Maybe I wasn't being clear with my post. I wasn't talking about whether or not Kuroko's "love towards Misaka" should be taken seriously. I was refer to the running gag being used too frequently to the point where it started to get annoying.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:51   Link #812
Debeki

Debeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:50   Link #813
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I wonder what Saten was doing to Uiharu to get a reaction like that...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 15:01   Link #814
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Ah, what chapter did it say that in?

Quote:
That was all in the second episode which wasn't in the manga and is very misrepresentative of her personality. Those are just the exaggerated elements of her character. Her devotion is shown much better during her battle with Awaki when she declared that she'd do anything to protect her Onee-sama's dream.
Old 2013-04-06, 00:31   Link #815
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debeki View Post
Saten-san♥ How can she be this lovely?~
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 19:58   Link #816
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The discussion suddenly died down just days before Episode 1. What happened? O.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:03   Link #817
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The discussion suddenly died down just days before Episode 1. What happened? O.o
People held their breaths in anticipation and suffocated.
Old 2013-04-08, 20:10   Link #818
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We had discussions here ?

I can give you my prediction though- exactly the same as OreImo 2's first episode with character reintroduction and setting up foreshadowing.

And one action scene at the end, just like the first season.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:24   Link #819
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
We had discussions here ?

I can give you my prediction though- exactly the same as OreImo 2's first episode with character reintroduction and setting up foreshadowing.

And one action scene at the end, just like the first season.
You're probably right, with the action scene spread throughout multiple characters like last time to showcase each of them.
76% chance that Kuroko's obsession is even more flanderized too...
sigh...
Old 2013-04-08, 20:27   Link #820
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
People held their breaths in anticipation and suffocated.
Your username couldn't have been any more relevant.

Chaos-chan's predictions are pretty much spot on, though. We can't always assume that people know everything about Season 1 as they watch S2E1.

Chaos-chan? WTF?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel