Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-20, 19:43   Link #2601
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
So, I think this is the first time I've ever raged and then quit a game before. I knew it was coming, but.... I was so infuriated when I had no choice but to go to the temple, even when I chose the other option. And then, right after that, the interlude with Sakura. Didn't endear her to me at all; honestly, I wanted to strangle her. At that point I figured I was too angry to actually enjoy the route, so I just quit it. I'll leave it alone tonight; maybe I'll play it tomorrow when my temper's cooled a bit. I can't ever remember being this furious at a game before.
Old 2010-08-20, 19:54   Link #2602
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
I've already made my thoughts on that scene quite clear to you in PM. Yeah. It... it hits you right where it hurts.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 20:09   Link #2603
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I was so infuriated when I had no choice but to go to the temple, even when I chose the other option.
Go to the temple? You mean Saber's death scene?

Well, it's necessary for the plot, so you were hardly going to be able to avoid it (certainly, Saber had to either live or die there regardless of your choice, except if Saber's death led to a bad end). That's like saying that I was infuriated in UBW because I didn't have an option to go charging into the Matou house and rescue Sakura....

Quote:
And then, right after that, the interlude with Sakura. Didn't endear her to me at all; honestly, I wanted to strangle her.
Yeah, how dare she masturbate over someone she likes, like every fucking other person in the world does....

Or, are you talking about the fact that she's a little bit happy that a Heroic Spirit (you know, those things that everyone summoned so they could be brutally slaughtered to power a ritual, and who happens to be fighting against her own Heroic Spirit (plus her brother), who she actually rather likes and feels sorry for dumping with Shinji) who was putting her Sempai in serious danger has seemingly died, in a battle that had nothing to do with her?

Quote:
I can't ever remember being this furious at a game before.
Why? Why is it so infuriating that, sometimes, a character who was explicitly summoned into a war where they would fight to the death actually dies?

I can understand you being upset with it, if you're a big Saber fan, but actually being angry about it? It's a perfectly reasonable plot development, and HF is not Saber's route. There's no reason to be angry just because Nasu killed off Saber as part of the plot.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 20:13   Link #2604
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Yeah, how dare she masturbate over someone she likes, like every fucking other person in the world does....

Or, are you talking about the fact that she's a little bit happy that a Heroic Spirit (you know, those things that everyone summoned so they could be brutally slaughtered to power a ritual, and who happens to be fighting against her own Heroic Spirit (plus her brother), who she actually rather likes and feels sorry for dumping with Shinji) who was putting her Sempai in serious danger has seemingly died, in a battle that had nothing to do with her?
I'm going to be honest right now, I'm not being logical. I know I'm not. But I can't really help it at the moment. I don't care about Sakura. I cared about Saber. Having that scene coupled right with Saber's death in the temple just triggered something in me that honestly made me hate Sakura for a few seconds. I know it's not her fault and blah blah blah, but you know what? I don't honestly care, either. Because I don't care what you say, that was a Kick The Dog moment for me. That kind of scene right after Saber died just pressed my Berserk Button, and I couldn't play anymore.

Feel free to respond to this if you want, but I'm not in the mood to discuss Sakura right now. I already know how I feel. Nothing's going to change that, for the time being.

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2010-08-20 at 20:17. Reason: Bad wording.
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 20:21   Link #2605
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
I'm going to be honest right now, I'm not being logical. I know I'm not.
Well, nice to see that you can at least admit it.

But I can't really help it at the moment.

Quote:
I don't care about Sakura. I cared about Saber.
Yeah, I can see that....

I suppose that's the problem with having Saber's route first and then having her act as a sacrifice in HF.

Quote:
Having that scene coupled right with Saber's death in the temple just triggered something in me that honestly made me hate Sakura for a few seconds.
Well, it's completely non-sensical to hate Sakura for that, but since you already know that, I guess there's no point arguing....

Quote:
I know it's not her fault and blah blah blah, but you know what? I don't honestly care, either.
Ah, yeah, nice to see you being open-minded....

Quote:
Because I don't care what you say, that was a Kick The Dog moment for me.
For Zouken, perhaps, but Sakura is just interested in Shirou's well-being.
Old 2010-08-20, 20:56   Link #2606
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
I'm going to be honest right now, I'm not being logical. I know I'm not. But I can't really help it at the moment. I don't care about Sakura. I cared about Saber. Having that scene coupled right with Saber's death in the temple just triggered something in me that honestly made me hate Sakura for a few seconds. I know it's not her fault and blah blah blah, but you know what? I don't honestly care, either. Because I don't care what you say, that was a Kick The Dog moment for me. That kind of scene right after Saber died just pressed my Berserk Button, and I couldn't play anymore.

Feel free to respond to this if you want, but I'm not in the mood to discuss Sakura right now. I already know how I feel. Nothing's going to change that, for the time being.
Its alright. We have our favorites and we have our biases, so that really clouds our judgment even when we should know better, and let's be honest here. I'm no seer, but I doubt much will change your viewpoint of Sakura. Play the rest if you want, don't do it if you don't. Period.

Towel yourself off, and go calm down.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 21:03   Link #2607
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
So, I think this is the first time I've ever raged and then quit a game before. I knew it was coming, but.... I was so infuriated when I had no choice but to go to the temple, even when I chose the other option. And then, right after that, the interlude with Sakura. Didn't endear her to me at all; honestly, I wanted to strangle her. At that point I figured I was too angry to actually enjoy the route, so I just quit it. I'll leave it alone tonight; maybe I'll play it tomorrow when my temper's cooled a bit. I can't ever remember being this furious at a game before.
Yeah...it was infuriating. Sakura's interlude didn't bother me as much, but I certainly was shocked by it.

Later on you'll learn something that makes it a little better. But yeah...HF is rage material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
I've already made my thoughts on that scene quite clear to you in PM. Yeah. It... it hits you right where it hurts.
What are your thoughts on it?
Old 2010-08-20, 21:08   Link #2608
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah...it was infuriating.
Well, Saber's death was a bit annoying, perhaps, and it would be sad (certainly for a bigger Saber fan), but I don't see how it was infuriating. But, I guess it's personal opinion, in the end....

Quote:
Sakura's interlude didn't bother me as much, but I certainly was shocked by it.
Meh. Sakura likes sex and masturbates over the person she likes. All that means is that Sakura is a realistic person as opposed to some idealised chaste anime girl.

Quote:
Later on you'll learn something that makes it a little better.
I'm pretty sure she already knows, actually, since she's been well-spoilered on it.

Quote:
But yeah...HF is rage material.
Well, I can't disagree with that, although the vast majority of my rage was aimed at Rin (plus Shinji and Zouken, of course, but it's kind of expected that a villain will be rage-inducing...).

Quote:
I suspect he's trying to avoid another long discussion....
Old 2010-08-20, 21:11   Link #2609
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Its alright. We have our favorites and we have our biases, so that really clouds our judgment even when we should know better, and let's be honest here. I'm no seer, but I doubt much will change your viewpoint of Sakura. Play the rest if you want, don't do it if you don't. Period.

Towel yourself off, and go calm down.
I'll probably still play through, if only to see how Ilya and Rider develop and to say that I managed to play all three routes, at least. I'm definitely thinking, after I finish playing, I'll go for whatever ending I didn't get the first time around. I was just really shaken up by what I played through for some reason.

Quote:
Yeah...it was infuriating. Sakura's interlude didn't bother me as much, but I certainly was shocked by it.

Later on you'll learn something that makes it a little better. But yeah...HF is rage material.
Looking back I can't even really recall why I was enraged in the first place. I still felt raw from losing Saber (especially the way she went out was just.... gah), and then the interlude played and I guess something in me snapped.

I guess I'll need to develop a thicker skin.
Old 2010-08-20, 21:13   Link #2610
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Meh. Sakura likes sex and masturbates over the person she likes. All that means is that Sakura is a realistic person as opposed to some idealised chaste anime girl like Saber.
*Ahem* Well, its more like there is a reason that this happens, and one shouldn't look at it as that she just masturbates just to masturbate.
Thar be reasons for this. One just has to calm oneself, and look at the situation carefully.

People playing this route for the first time: Don't take things at face value. Have composure.
Old 2010-08-20, 21:15   Link #2611
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
*Ahem* Well, its more like there is a reason that this happens, and one shouldn't look at it as that she just masturbates just to masturbate.
Thar be reasons for this. One just has to calm oneself, and look at the situation carefully.
Well, yeah, I know that (and you know full well that I do...), but even if there weren't, I don't see why it would really matter.
Old 2010-08-20, 21:18   Link #2612
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, Saber's death was a bit annoying, perhaps, and it would be sad (certainly for a bigger Saber fan), but I don't see how it was infuriating. But, I guess it's personal opinion, in the end....
Well, I found it more infuriating that you had to go to the temple and you couldn't do anything once you got there. I never thought Saber died actually, since she was being absorbed by the shadow. I originally thought she would be saved later on and all.

Quote:
Indeed, there is a reason for it. But I have no problems with a girl doing that anyway, I was just surprised that she did it and has done it before too.

Quote:
People playing this route for the first time: Don't take things at face value. Have composure.
Easier said than done. There is a lot of emotion in this game, especially in this route. Oh how did I rage.
Old 2010-08-20, 21:20   Link #2613
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

Well, I know that; I've been pretty thoroughly spoiled for the game, so I have a pretty good idea of what's going on and why Sakura is doing what she's doing. I just found it hard to be logical about it when I was completely blinded by emotion.
Old 2010-08-20, 21:23   Link #2614
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Easier said than done. There is a lot of emotion in this game, especially in this route. Oh how did I rage.
Oh I know, heck look at the beginning of the multiple character poll. I was a Saber fan with Sakura in my top 5(Saber was at #1). So I can understand the feelings you would have very well. But one misses so much when we make assumptions colored by our biases.
Old 2010-08-20, 21:24   Link #2615
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Well, I found it more infuriating that you had to go to the temple and you couldn't do anything once you got there.
Well, like I said, it's a plotline death. There's no way the game could work with Saber surviving or dying depending on your actions. It's no different in that respect from her getting Rule Breakered in UBW (even though, in Fate, it was possible (and, indeed, necessary) to avoid it) or Archer getting killed in Fate.

Quote:
I never thought Saber died actually, since she was being absorbed by the shadow.
Well, you were right....

Quote:
I originally thought she would be saved later on and all.
Well, I never did, because I had already spoilered the fact that she died (at Shirou's hands) in one route by reading TV tropes (although, when I was playing UBW I thought it might be there, and was somewhat relieved that she survived), which maybe explains why I was less shocked.

Quote:
I was just surprised that she did it and has done it before too.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Easier said than done. There is a lot of emotion in this game, especially in this route.
Yeah, can't argue with that. After all, I certainly get very emotional about it sometimes (as you've noticed...).
Old 2010-08-20, 21:26   Link #2616
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
The thing that hit me most about that scene was how damn sudden it was. I'd been partially spoiled enough to know that Saber wouldn't be making it through the route. But I never saw it coming when it did, and that made it hurt worse. I really liked Saber, and to lose her all of a sudden, in such an anticlimactic way, it just stung incredibly.

Actually, when the masturbation interlude got brought up? I had to think back to even recall it had happened. I was in such shock after the events of the Temple encounter that the Sakura interlude really didn't even register in my mind. It's like I was thinking, "Oh, an interlude, Sakura's doing something, that's great SABER JUST DIED, CAN WE GET BACK TO WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH SHIROU NOW?"
Old 2010-08-20, 21:32   Link #2617
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
The thing that hit me most about that scene was how damn sudden it was.
Well, yeah, it tends to go that way in a Grail War....

Quote:
It's like I was thinking, "Oh, an interlude, Sakura's doing something, that's great SABER JUST DIED, CAN WE GET BACK TO WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH SHIROU NOW?"
Well, it is the Sakura route, and it's not like Shirou had anything much that he could do beyond sit there and think "well, shit, I lost Saber, now what am I supposed to do?"
Old 2010-08-20, 22:40   Link #2618
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
It's like I was thinking, "Oh, an interlude, Sakura's doing something, that's great SABER JUST DIED, CAN WE GET BACK TO WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH SHIROU NOW?"
I think that was also partially why I had the enraged reaction I had to the interlude, honestly. I mean, I get that it's Sakura's route and all, but it didn't change the fact for me that I liked Saber a lot over the course of Fate and UBW. Seeing her die like that was shocking.

On the upside, though, seeing Rider back in action was awesome. I've been looking forward to having her back in the route, since I want to see the character development she gets. It's one of the main reasons I'm playing through HF.
Old 2010-08-20, 22:45   Link #2619
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Yeah. Seeing Rider use Assassin as a yoyo definitely took a little sting out of Saber's loss. Not a lot, granted, but it helped to see the most directly responsible party get a little comeuppance.
Old 2010-08-20, 22:49   Link #2620
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

It was also amazing just to see how strong Rider truly was with a proper Master, not Shinji. She gets nerfed in both Fate and UBW so quickly that you never get to see her really strut her stuff, so getting to see her using Assassin as her personal bouncy ball was a blast.

I also thought it was kind of sweet how she wanted to walk Shirou home. It showed she has some warmth to her.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel