AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 16:36   Link #2341
sayde

I don't really know what to make of this chapter. So many mixed feelings. But I know this much--if she's dead, Aizen will be the one and only reason I have to keep following this manga. Needless to say, I'd hate for that to happen. On a side note, I've never seen a crack pairing come so close to being official.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:45   Link #2342
Alchemist007
*Author

Kenpachi's gone full Mazoku.
Old 2013-02-13, 17:52   Link #2343
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

If this is Kubo's way of making these two canon, then.....RIP Unohana.

And Kubo loses even more readers. Why the fuck is this series STILL apparently doing all right in Japan? Aizen ain't in it anymore, Byakuya might not be in this for a long, LONG time and Rukia's never even in it that much anymore except when Kubo needs a body. Inoue only shows up once in awhile for fanservice or whenever Kubo needs another body. Matsumto and her big tits haven't been in it since early this arc...Kubo probaly has her in half or some dumb shit...and with Uno out for at least this chapter, I get the feeling once she comes back, Yoruichi will be the next Old School name to go.

I can't think of any popular character still in this, other than Renji, Ichigo and Kenny.
Old 2013-02-13, 18:08   Link #2344
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I can't think of any popular character still in this, other than Renji, Ichigo and Kenny.
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure we've got a number of fans around these parts that like Grimmjow, Urahara, Isshin, and Ryuuken (just to name a few). And they're definitely characters that will get some more panel time sooner or later. Plus, Kubo did confirm that Aizen would have a role in this arc as well. So fans of his can look forward to that I suppose.
Old 2013-02-13, 18:50   Link #2345
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I don't really know what to make of this chapter. So many mixed feelings. But I know this much--if she's dead, Aizen will be the one and only reason I have to keep following this manga. Needless to say, I'd hate for that to happen. On a side note, I've never seen a crack pairing come so close to being official.
That's the beauty of it! I kind Of wonder if he hadn't planned this from the start... Or maybe he just likes readng crack pairing fan fics and doujins... Either way, the WTF element of these two together is what made this whole fight intriguing. If she dies now... Man how boring!
Old 2013-02-13, 19:16   Link #2346
kitten320

I have hard time believing that Unohana died since Byakuya said goodbye millions of times and still lives... but considering that Kubo had guts to kill off Yamamoto it is very possible...

If so I have only 2 words to tell you Kubo... FUCK YOU!

I did ask for good guys death but I meant for them to be meaningful and not to kill off a character just for the sake of killing.

Who in the right mind would kill one of their best fighters and a top class healer on top of it?!
So RETARDED!

Also WTF did her bankai do? I didn't get a thing of what happened. Considering how many illusions Zaraki had by now it is really hard to tell what it does except looking creepy.

If Unohana is confirmed to be dead, I'm off here for real then.

There still are characters that I like but seeing how Kubo keeps treating most of them I don't want to get any more angry.
Old 2013-02-13, 19:23   Link #2347
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
That's the beauty of it! I kind Of wonder if he hadn't planned this from the start... Or maybe he just likes readng crack pairing fan fics and doujins... Either way, the WTF element of these two together is what made this whole fight intriguing. If she dies now... Man how boring!
That's why I think she's probably dead for good. Because Kubo's not interested in developing real relationships and if she lived there's not even many places her "romance" with Zaraki could go. It's clear this is Unohana's climax (in every sense of the word ). Maybe it turns out there's some other important role she has to play, but it really seems like her only real purpose in life was to fight Zaraki.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:23   Link #2348
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Either way, the WTF element of these two together is what made this whole fight intriguing. If she dies now... Man how boring!
I couldn't agree more. Honestly, it wasn't a pairing I ever thought about, nor was it a pairing I wanted to see happen for that matter. But now that it looks like it could, I find myself so intrigued by the idea. Hell, I kind of want her to live just to see how an Unohana x Ken dynamic would play out for the remainder of this story. In other words, what would their interactions be like after this whole ordeal? Would they go back to hardly ever speaking to one another and continue to pretend as if there's no history between them? Or would things change now that they've both sort of come out of hiding?
Old 2013-02-13, 20:43   Link #2349
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
What if Kenpachi ends up being a healer as welll in memory of Unohana? That would be sommme crazzzzzy healing right there.HE could be like to Ichigo
Kenpachi: "Lets fiiighhhht"

Ichigo:"Sorry dude I'm injured"

Kenpachi: I shallll heal you then now we fighhht untill we can fight no more which would be neverrrr.

Kenpachi the healer has a nice ring to it.
that actually is an awesome idea. then he would get to fight forever and wouldn't have to worry about killing people lol. although i think he likes the whole 'giving damage' to his opponents. its not really a fight if his blade doesn't cause injury. still though, interesting idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That's why I think she's probably dead for good. Because Kubo's not interested in developing real relationships and if she lived there's not even many places her "romance" with Zaraki could go. It's clear this is Unohana's climax (in every sense of the word ). Maybe it turns out there's some other important role she has to play, but it really seems like her only real purpose in life was to fight Zaraki.
exactly unfortunately... once a romance has the slightest confirmation it's over. ala rangiku and gin, kubo isn't about to start showing an actual relationship. he will only tease and then kill one of the couple. unohana's bankai was so quick and random, it makes it quite clear that kubo doesnt care about her. shes just a powerup for zaraki
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 21:46   Link #2350
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
that actually is an awesome idea. then he would get to fight forever and wouldn't have to worry about killing people lol. although i think he likes the whole 'giving damage' to his opponents. its not really a fight if his blade doesn't cause injury. still though, interesting idea

exactly unfortunately... once a romance has the slightest confirmation it's over. ala rangiku and gin, kubo isn't about to start showing an actual relationship. he will only tease and then kill one of the couple. unohana's bankai was so quick and random, it makes it quite clear that kubo doesnt care about her. shes just a powerup for zaraki
Stilll think we should all wait until next week to see the final out come of Unohana before saying she has died. Because sooo far all we know is that her bankai is an acidy menstrual blood sword. Well he could injury them to the point where they can no longer fight and then heal them. Thus he can satisfy his giving damage.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 23:04   Link #2351
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This is the best romance that I have ever seen in all of Bleach
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 02:09   Link #2352
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm kind of sure she isn't dead yet. First she has to explain what her Bankai actually did.
BTW, do we even know what her Shikai does? Why did she immediately went Bankai without explaining her Shikai first? It's a logical thing, but so untypical for Shounen.
Also, the name of her bankai is the same as her shikai, Minazuki although the first translation that comes out usually is very bad.

Hell we don't even know the release command.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 06:10   Link #2353
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I think Kubo should write a manga about Yandere romance. He can team up with the guy who made Mirai Nikki.

I doubt she's dead though. I think the point was that the fight between them never concluded because he handicapped himself, so she helped him break those mental barriers so they could have a real fight and she could lose like she was supposed to back then.

She, as the Kenpachi, could either raise him up to pass the title, or bring him down to keep it for herself. She chose to raise him up, and now she's passed the title by losing in an actual fight. But with her healing powers, she's basically immortal. If she dies, it would be incredibly stupid. Not putting that past Kubo, since he's so inconsistent with this stuff.

Interesting note: he stabbed her in the same spot on her chest.
Old 2013-02-14, 12:01   Link #2354
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

what even was her bankai, nothing seemed to change, only it got darkand kenny melted?

------------------------
guys I might not be online for the next few weeks due to the fact my mum passed away this morning suddenly, we got to sort out the funeral how I'm going to get to school from now on and stuff.
good luck to you all,
Chiisai Kuma.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 12:11   Link #2355
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sorry to hear that man be safe.
Old 2013-02-14, 15:46   Link #2356
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Sure it's romantic if you're into S&M

Of course if this is Kubo's way of confirming these two, then yeah.....Uno's probaly dead.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:07   Link #2357
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Sure it's romantic if you're into S&M
Didn't Kubo just get married or something...guess we know what kind of relationship it is.
Old 2013-02-14, 19:10   Link #2358
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Wow, you're right. So romantic! That Zaraki is just a big ol' softy deep down.

Happy Valentine's Day Unohana! Straight from my heart to yours *stabs in the chest*

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 22:54   Link #2359
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Kinda makes you wonder why she'd have to die this time around over it.
Old 2013-02-15, 02:53   Link #2360
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

short of what we learn is zaraki in combat??

He loves the battle great! (so to speak :@ ) pff there is enough of it -_- I too was disappointed by zaraki fight and Kubo

Bleach end for me fu*k -_-

Tags
bleach, chapter