AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-01, 20:13   Link #81
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Interesting for Roux to have seemingly emerged as the breakout character - unusual for it to be the boy (rather than one of the girls or the dashing adult male) in a series like this. I think it's because he sort of defies cliche - Roux is a hybrid of several different classic character types, but different that all of them and, ultimately, his behavior is usually surprising and unpredictable. Not bad for a guy named after a butter-flour paste.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 07:25   Link #82
DaFool
Resident devil

I agree Roux is pretty refreshing...sometimes he's a jerk, other times he's uber-romantic, but all the time he bites the bullet and goes through da shit and plans to make the best of things. I sense he could make a could tactician in the coming kingdom power struggles.

At the beginning, due to his character design (similar to some crappy harem anime I'm familiar with), I wasn't expecting much of him, but damn! I dig him now even almost as much as Firiel and Adale, and I'm not even female.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 08:44   Link #83
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

By the way... how old is Adale ?
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 09:56   Link #84
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I agree Roux is pretty refreshing...sometimes he's a jerk, other times he's uber-romantic, but all the time he bites the bullet and goes through da shit and plans to make the best of things. I sense he could make a could tactician in the coming kingdom power struggles.

At the beginning, due to his character design (similar to some crappy harem anime I'm familiar with), I wasn't expecting much of him, but damn! I dig him now even almost as much as Firiel and Adale, and I'm not even female.
Firiel is fine - not too annoying, but pretty much an archetype. Marie is the classic best friend, Adale the storybook (literally) princess, but with the fanfic author element a nice twist. Roux is a different animal, though - something we haven't seen before. He's slight and soft-spoken, and looks pretty harmless (especially in glasses) and is clearly devoted to Firiel. But there's a sense of lurking danger to him - like he'd slit anyone's throat he remotely got in his way and that, combined with his utter idealism and moral certitude makes him dangerous. I suppose we're to assume that's a result of his being tortured and if so, nice job of subtly inferring that by the writers.

Obviously the roots of this anime are the fairy tale and, as such, I'd expect the "they lived happily ever after" ending. But something tells me that may not happen - we'll see...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 13:41   Link #85
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
Interesting for Roux to have seemingly emerged as the breakout character....
Really. But for me, Adele and Firiel and right up there. I'm just mesmerized by Saitou Chiwa's way of doing Adele. And I think Orikasa Fumiko is making Firiel's combination of insecurity and strength, emotional shifts and emotional determination, quite believable and attractive. Both of them are making their character's combination of weakness and strength work for me.

Hirata Hiromi, who plays Roux, is also in Kiba, and was Maggie in R.O.D. the TV.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 01:26   Link #86
Blablabla

ZOMG Ep 7 was priceless

Spoiler:

I love her, I really love her. She is very smart but she can be incredibly cute too. Her "new" story was once again funny . She has to be the queen !!

*Blablabla is a Adale fan
Old 2006-06-12, 02:19   Link #87
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
ZOMG Ep 7 was priceless

Spoiler:

I love her, I really love her. She is very smart but she can be incredibly cute too. Her "new" story was once again funny . She has to be the queen !!

*Blablabla is a Adale fan
I shudder to think of what would result of this.

Likely a National Yaoi Fanfic day.

In other news, Gay right would have taken a great leap forward under her
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 10:39   Link #88
Blablabla

I don't agree. This time there was no yaoi in her new story.
Old 2006-06-18, 07:05   Link #89
andromeda0201

episode 8....I'm still not sure about what will happen to Roux, since hes saying goodbye to Firiel...meaning he won't live long? guess I'll have to rewatch and see,
anyway the farewell scene was very nice ^_^

I'm liking the background music by Hikaru Nanase a lot, the soundtrack will surely be awesome, can't wait for it to be released
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 19:30   Link #90
Infinitis

Send a message via MSN to Infinitis
I would like *coughlovecough* to know if there is a website i can go to to buy the japanese manga of this series >.<;;

please? T-T (I looked everywhere...even ebay >.<)

I'm totally hooked! (kinda got freaked out by ep. 4 and 5 but i'm fine now...boy's manga, huh...? o.0) I would really like to see more FirielRoux-ness

Adale would look cute as a dollfie ^o^
Infinitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 23:28   Link #91
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Whahahaha turned down :P *not a fan of the prince*

Why can't my evil anime counter part get a life?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 00:22   Link #92
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitis
I would like *coughlovecough* to know if there is a website i can go to to buy the japanese manga of this series....
 Looks like Amazon Japan has it. There's a button near the top right to show the page (and the checkout process) in English, if you want. The original work was a novel.

If you're in the US, you can order either the comics or the novels through Kinokuniya. That's the west coast link. There's another link for the east coast. You can also phone Kinokuniya (the numbers for the various US stores are in the FAQ).

I watch the raws (and the Chinese subs), and I have to say that I was totally transported by episode 11. I won't spoil anyone by saying anything about it except that it was interesting, emotional, and new.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-06-19, 00:50   Link #93
Blablabla

Friel's confesion to Roux was wonderful... I really ike those two and hope that there will be a happy ending for them.
Adale puting herself as Eusis' rival ? Did she say that because she cares a lot about Friel or is it a shoujo ai story ? (next time, may we have a new Evangeline story called "The Princess and the Beautiful Red Haired Girl" ? XD)
Old 2006-06-19, 02:12   Link #94
andromeda0201

I actually think Adale has feelings towards Eusis, are those 2 really siblings? its because she likes Firiel that she wants those 2 to be together IMHO
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 03:19   Link #95
g0jira

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by multani2842
The first episode is out now, and it was really nice. The graphic was great ( well for my taste ) and the story seems good with lots of plots. I hope some groups are going to sub it but it's a shame to only have 13 episodes .

Some screenshots from the raw

INTERESTING! no oversized boobies. Thumbs up O.o
g0jira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 07:46   Link #96
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun
I actually think Adale has feelings towards Eusis, are those 2 really siblings? its because she likes Firiel that she wants those 2 to be together IMHO
Adale and Eusis are not related by blood. Adale knew it that she is the grand daughter of the queen. Her real mother will appear in episode 9. Its their tradition to let future queen candidates grew up/raised by strong noble family.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 12:53   Link #97
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0jira
INTERESTING! no oversized boobies. Thumbs up O.o
Hehe, theyre in there, dont worry.
http://www.project-westwitch.net/cha.../reandora.html

Quote:
I watch the raws (and the Chinese subs), and I have to say that I was totally transported by episode 11. I won't spoil anyone by saying anything about it except that it was interesting, emotional, and new.
I concur, ep 11 did it for me as well.

Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 14:10   Link #98
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Hehe, they're in there, dont worry.
http://www.project-westwitch.net/cha.../reandora.html

I concur, ep 11 did it for me as well.
Spoiler:
Those pics of Leandra actually almost seem to underemphasize what will show up on screen, lol. Oh, well, it's only her.
Spoiler for ep11:
And Orikasa Fumiko...mmmm. Fresh and real. It's just too bad they didn't have 24 epsiodes to play with, so that developments could take the amount of time they really need.
Old 2006-06-19, 19:09   Link #99
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The first few eps are really interesting. If you think ep. 1 is just the revelation, then ep. 2 is more like an introduction It's worth watching
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 05:33   Link #100
Siegel Clyne

Nishi no Yoki Majo Drama CD Cover