AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-20, 17:42   Link #81
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Unfortunately, my expectations for this game are quite low. There are two key things that would change them.

First of all, we already know the beginning and end of Rising, so its kinda a kill joy in terms of story. For those of you who can't piece anything together, the game is about finding and rescuing Sunny. What part I would have much rather done is Raiden's past. It would have been a much more interesting game if you were to fight as a child soldier, as you would have to rework every strategy to accommodate your smaller and weaker body. If its in flashbacks, it'd be good, but still unlikely.

Secondly, start out as post MGS2 Raiden, just as a drunk. As his body gets more and more fucked up over the course of the story (as he didn't care what happened to himself, so it's still in character), he recieves the cybernetic upgrades, and eventually runs into Drago Petrovich Madnar. That is more likely, but still not so much.

Other than those two critical points, I have no major qualms about the game.
Old 2010-09-21, 01:53   Link #82
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Never really liked Raiden in the MSG games. Though the only reason why Iam buying this game is because of Solid Snake's legacy built into MSG and hoping he'll be there.
Old 2010-09-21, 04:58   Link #83
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Was there any word at TGS what the release date is?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 18:04   Link #84
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Never really liked Raiden in the MSG games. Though the only reason why Iam buying this game is because of Solid Snake's legacy built into MSG and hoping he'll be there.
Solid Snake won't be in Rising. The game takes place after MGS2, and Solid Snake and Raiden lost touch with each other until Raiden bailed him out in MGS4. That makes for 5 years in which he can look for Sunny... well, probably less as Sunny and "Uncle Hal" get along pretty well, and relationships like that take time to build.

If anyone is gonna appear from the earlier games, it's gonna be EVA.
Old 2010-10-27, 20:59   Link #85
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Solid Snake won't be in Rising. The game takes place after MGS2, and Solid Snake and Raiden lost touch with each other until Raiden bailed him out in MGS4. That makes for 5 years in which he can look for Sunny... well, probably less as Sunny and "Uncle Hal" get along pretty well, and relationships like that take time to build.

Well, EVA/Big Mama did say that Raiden helped her and her resistance group find the so called remains of Big Boss.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's who Raiden is a paling around with the whole game.
Old 2010-10-28, 08:02   Link #86
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Unfortunately, my expectations for this game are quite low. There are two key things that would change them.

First of all, we already know the beginning and end of Rising, so its kinda a kill joy in terms of story. For those of you who can't piece anything together, the game is about finding and rescuing Sunny. What part I would have much rather done is Raiden's past. It would have been a much more interesting game if you were to fight as a child soldier, as you would have to rework every strategy to accommodate your smaller and weaker body. If its in flashbacks, it'd be good, but still unlikely.

Secondly, start out as post MGS2 Raiden, just as a drunk. As his body gets more and more fucked up over the course of the story (as he didn't care what happened to himself, so it's still in character), he recieves the cybernetic upgrades, and eventually runs into Drago Petrovich Madnar. That is more likely, but still not so much.

Other than those two critical points, I have no major qualms about the game.
Totally agree with what you say, especially the post MGS2 Raiden bit. In fact I'd much prefer this game to be set in post MGS4. Since by the end Liquid said that
Spoiler for ending of the game:

Unfortunately it seems like this game is really more of a show off of the technology/gameplay instead of the events/story of the game like MGS is usually about. I'd say that Kojima/Konami is probably giving this team a chance to prove themselves first wit this game before TRULY handing the torch over to them and let them make a game post MGS4. Kojima keeps saying he'll pass the torch on but he never fucking does, he's one of the biggest liars in gaming history (even though he's a great game designer and a very humble man).

MGS would be the last! Then he made MGS2. MGS2 would be the last! Then he made MGS3 a prequel. MGS3 would be the last! Then he absolutely promised that MGS4 would be his last MGS and he would move on to other projects and let other people take over the MGS franchise....then here comes Peacewalker not too long later. Which was codenamed MGS5. -_-

I'm seriously expecting Solid Snake to come back at any moment now.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 08:45   Link #87
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

I know. I said Solid Snake's legacy on the MSG games, that's the reason why Iam getting this.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-comp...00413446869097
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-comp...3446869097/p-2
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-comp...3446869097/p-3
Old 2010-10-28, 20:52   Link #88
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

You know what would be awesome? If they gave us Gray Fox's ninja suit as an unlockable, along with the rail gun he used in MGS1.

Anyone else have neat ideas for cheats?

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-10-28 at 21:28.
Old 2010-10-28, 21:25   Link #89
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I'm looking forward to this game because of the gameplay mechanic and I do like Raiden

I'm curious to see how the stealth element would be implemented. Since the setting is between MGS2 and MGS4, I think it would be good to see how Raiden learned scouting and traveled around the world. It would be cool if they added that scouting element too (like the "mountain trail" mission in MGS4), but I guess it's not likely to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
You know what would be awesome? If they gave us Gray Fox's ninja suit as an unlockable, along with the rail gun he used in MGS1.
Since the reason of Raiden as the main character is because he uses sword, I think it's possible for Gray Fox to be the main character for the next game too if this one succeeds.
Old 2010-10-28, 21:39   Link #90
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ya know, this is probably the only game I'll feel sorry for the enemies I kill. The realistic dismemberment is just....gruesome...both for cool and un-cool reasons.

Cutting guns in half will be awesome though.
Old 2010-10-28, 23:24   Link #91
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Any annoucement that the game will be Move/Kinect compatible ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 00:18   Link #92
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Any annoucement that the game will be Move/Kinect compatible ?
The developers of the game said that they're interested in implementing that type of stuff into the game. But nothing aside from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I'm curious to see how the stealth element would be implemented. Since the setting is between MGS2 and MGS4, I think it would be good to see how Raiden learned scouting and traveled around the world. It would be cool if they added that scouting element too (like the "mountain trail" mission in MGS4), but I guess it's not likely to happen.
The stealth will be a bit different from traditional MGS games.
Quote:
Rising's stealth elements will emphasize Raiden's considerable speed and agility through what Matsuyama describes as "hunting stealth." Unlike the "waiting stealth" of previous titles, in which players remained hidden and avoided combat, players in Rising will instead quickly stalk their enemies and use acrobatic maneuvers to stay out of sight while closing in. This ties in with the game's zan-datsu feature, allowing them to prey upon enemies to obtain weapons, items, and energy.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-10-29 at 03:16.
Old 2010-10-29, 06:05   Link #93
OtakuPrincess
Banned

I'm majorly looking forward to the game because of the fun mechanics and my love of MGS. Definitely going to get it and slice things into little pieces. :3
OtakuPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 09:03   Link #94
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

It seems that the game won't be out next year:
http://kotaku.com/5684211/metal-gear...ut-you-in-2012

Not surprising, though.
Old 2011-05-28, 01:23   Link #95
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The most recent bit of news on MGS:Rising

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2011/05/rum...e-for-mgs.html

Now, the chances of this being legit are like 1 out of 1,000,000. BUT if it is true, My excitement for the game will only rise. Those who crafted Bayonetta working on the MGS:Rising? The ultimate love child.
Old 2011-05-28, 02:08   Link #96
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The most recent bit of news on MGS:Rising

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2011/05/rum...e-for-mgs.html

Now, the chances of this being legit are like 1 out of 1,000,000. BUT if it is true, My excitement for the game will only rise. Those who crafted Bayonetta working on the MGS:Rising? The ultimate love child.
Hmm.. maybe not, according to this:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...l_gear_rising/
Old 2011-05-28, 03:37   Link #97
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well that takes care of that.

Kojima also said the game wasn't coming out on November 1st. Would of been a dream true if it was.

Not sure how much longer I can wait...
Old 2011-05-28, 15:46   Link #98
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So, anyone think we'll finally get more info at E3? A release date? Story?
Old 2011-05-28, 18:47   Link #99
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So, anyone think we'll finally get more info at E3? A release date? Story?
Hmm... not really sure about that. Based on this:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...ima_questions/

Kojima answers yes / no questions. And here's the MGS Rising related questions:

Quote:
Is Gray Fox the main character in MGS Rising? <-- NO

Will MGS Rising's multiplayer be shown? <-- NO

Is MGS Rising's release date November 1, 2011? <-- NO
One might assume that only the multiplayer won't be shown, but there is also a possibility that Rising itself won't appear in E3.

I hope that we could see a new trailer of info, though... the news about the game has been so quiet lately.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:07   Link #100
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Vreenak View Post
If Rising doesn't show up at E3, then I think it would be pretty safe to declare the game dead.
I wouldn't go that far.