AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-06-04, 20:04   Link #181
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well...since it's AFA....they should just speak Jap

Double...duty? Aren't you ORD-ed? Or regular now?

Oi I watch UEFA too...if only to support CSKA Moscow...
CSKA Moscow isn't taking part, it's the national teams...

Not all anime fans know nihongo though.

Double duty for part time jobs. So yeah, I've been busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Hmm... that's a relief. So I'm not the only one without tickets, eh? I guess the "ticket(s) will be courier within 7 working days" is an automated reply and I doubt that TicketCharge made any arrangements to send the stuff.

And oh, it's Malaysia guys, where even the Chinese speak Bahasa Melayu. Dream on if you think the major events are going to be conducted in English.
I remember a few of my army guys when I was de-facto CQ from Malaysia. They know Chinese and Malay, but don't know English. When I gave instructions, I had to keep switching frequencies, English for the Malays/Indians and Chinese who don't know Chinese, and Chinese for everyone else. (Kinda became a radio over there with all the channel frequency changing...) That's why I advise you guys to at least have some knowledge of Malay before going there. Of course, I'm expecting English and Malay to be used there as they switch.

Share with me your experiences though. This old man's legs aren't as young as they use to be.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 20:54   Link #182
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

Isn't it called the Eurocup instead of UEFA?

Quote:
I remember a few of my army guys when I was de-facto CQ from Malaysia. They know Chinese and Malay, but don't know English. When I gave instructions, I had to keep switching frequencies, English for the Malays/Indians and Chinese who don't know Chinese, and Chinese for everyone else. (Kinda became a radio over there with all the channel frequency changing...) That's why I advise you guys to at least have some knowledge of Malay before going there. Of course, I'm expecting English and Malay to be used there as they switch.

Share with me your experiences though. This old man's legs aren't as young as they use to be.
It's kinda sad that I understand more Japanese than Malay, however, one of my Malaysian friends did not speak a word of Malay, since she went to a Chinese school. Just have to take note not to get chopped on price when they discover you are not local.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 20:58   Link #183
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Too bad my boss didn't allow me to take a day off. Maybe I wait for Comicfiesta instead.

As a Malaysian, it just easy to go there unless you had enough money. Here's what I always do to go to KL:

1. Go to the Seremban train station and take a Komuter to KL Sentral.
2. At KL Sentral, get out and find the nearest LRT station.
3. At LRT station, Drop at Bukit Bintang or anywhere close.
4. Take a taxi ride to your intended destination.
6. When it's time to go home, take a taxi ride to Petaling Street, find a bus to Seremban. Unless you love the crowd, you can take a train instead.

Last edited by NK_500; 2012-06-04 at 21:18.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 21:24   Link #184
Dragonkid11
A random-man

So apparently,I'm the only one here who go to AFA with my parent instead of going with awesome friends...

Anyway I can recognize you guys during the AFA?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 05:47   Link #185
abc0716

http://animefestival.my/autograph_ballot_results.html

The ballot result on getting autograph is out, in case you did participate the ballot with your VIP ticket...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 06:50   Link #186
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyone wants to buy an autograph from Maon Kurosaki? I am open for bids.

Quote:
Hmm... that's a relief. So I'm not the only one without tickets, eh? I guess the "ticket(s) will be courier within 7 working days" is an automated reply and I doubt that TicketCharge made any arrangements to send the stuff.

And oh, it's Malaysia guys, where even the Chinese speak Bahasa Melayu. Dream on if you think the major events are going to be conducted in English.
Sir! Are you confirmed for your Monday leave? Are you taking the same car with us, sir!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 08:25   Link #187
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
The ballot result on getting autograph is out, in case you did participate the ballot with your VIP ticket...
Ballot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Sir! Are you confirmed for your Monday leave? Are you taking the same car with us, sir!
Let me put it this way: I've just as good as rejected a sub-editor's leave application for Monday because of the projected rush towards deadline. So...

I might have to skip the Kalafina concert for the second time in a row to make it back in Singapore at a reasonable speed.
EDIT: Oh wait, Kalafina's concert is on Saturday. Excellent! Hmm... I wonder how much my VIP ticket for Sunday could fetch...

In any case, what's the plan for ticket collection now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
So apparently,I'm the only one here who go to AFA with my parent instead of going with awesome friends...

Anyway I can recognize you guys during the AFA?
Hmm... maybe someone can wave a Singapore flag? It may be difficult to arrange for Saturday, but once we've become familiar with the venue, we can perhaps specify a place and time to rendezvous on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
As a Malaysian, it just easy to go there unless you had enough money. Here's what I always do to go to KL:

1. Go to the Seremban train station and take a Komuter to KL Sentral.
2. At KL Sentral, get out and find the nearest LRT station.
3. At LRT station, Drop at Bukit Bintang or anywhere close.
4. Take a taxi ride to your intended destination.
6. When it's time to go home, take a taxi ride to Petaling Street, find a bus to Seremban. Unless you love the crowd, you can take a train instead.
Thanks for the directions. Which reminds me: I really should get in touch with an ex-colleague who now works in Kuala Lumpur.

Quote:
Eh? I think this ah pek has eaten more salt than you...
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 11:55   Link #188
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Oh? It's Euro season already? Well time to see how Russia fares this time round again then. Previous one was pretty neat. KO-ing England

Ballot wise for autograph....

I have

1 Kurosaki, 1 Aimi, 2 FLOW and 1 KOTOKO

Anyone wants 1 FLOW? Willing to sell. If not I just see who in my group wants...
Old 2012-06-05, 12:28   Link #189
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Awesome friends? Mister, I am going with a hentai jiji, a cyborg version of Batman's adversary, and a bunch of newly-minted men from the SAF!

We could meet up somewhere though and tag ourselves with something like the TMHS armband; could have been easier if one of us cosplayed.

Quote:
Let me put it this way: I've just as good as rejected a sub-editor's leave application for Monday because of the projected rush towards deadline. So...

I might have to skip the Kalafina concert for the second time in a row to make it back in Singapore at a reasonable speed.
Can't you shift it to Monday? I mean, I also have appointments to go too on Monday night!

Quote:
In any case, what's the plan for ticket collection now?
Ideal plan is to reach at 10, so we can grab some stuff, then those with autograph tickets can get their signatures before the MR Team (Mobile Recon, the 3 of us) can meet the Support party (those coming by airplane, bus, foot, etc) for lunch.

Quote:
Hmm... maybe someone can wave a Singapore flag? It may be difficult to arrange for Saturday, but once we've become familiar with the venue, we can perhaps specify a place and time to rendezvous on Sunday.
Sunway Putra Mall. At any place where we can eat.

Quote:
Name : Old Bird
Binomial Name : Laauuus Chiaauus
Description : A more experienced individual in life who has who has went through more than his newer counterparts.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 18:14   Link #190
JokerD

I got an autograph session for KOTOKO, but nothing for Saturday
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 18:47   Link #191
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Finally my boss changed his mind. He let me to have an annual lift, one day only though. See me in this Sunday.

Wait a minute, the singer of Kannazuki no Miko is coming here? Count me in!
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 21:36   Link #192
Dragonkid11
A random-man

I only come to the AFA on Sunday

Maybe I could figure how to go to AFA on Saturday with my elder sister considering that she has experience in roaming around KL.

I also doubt that I can even buy a ticket to watch the concert now though.

Not that it matters,I just here to enjoy the awesomeness.
Old 2012-06-05, 21:57   Link #193
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
I only come to the AFA on Sunday

Maybe I could figure how to go to AFA on Saturday with my elder sister considering that she has experience in roaming around KL.

I also doubt that I can even buy a ticket to watch the concert now though.
My Sunday concert ticket is available...

You should be able to use it. I doubt the organisers would check and match your ID number with the one on the ticket.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 22:12   Link #194
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
My Sunday concert ticket is available...

You should be able to use it. I doubt the organisers would check and match your ID number with the one on the ticket.
Thank,but you should use it yourself.There's only one band I interested in all six,so the price isn't really worth it...(It's Kalafina if you were wondering)
Old 2012-06-05, 22:25   Link #195
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyway anyone want extra ticket? For Saturday...
Old 2012-06-05, 23:00   Link #196
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Anyway anyone want extra ticket? For Saturday...
If I were free, I'll have gobbled that up in an instant.

Quote:
I'm old, you're...prehistoric jk jk.

Again, share the photos (or videos if any of you are going to film. Wait, do they allow you to?)
Old 2012-06-05, 23:32   Link #197
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
If I were free, I'll have gobbled that up in an instant.

I'm old, you're...prehistoric jk jk.

Again, share the photos (or videos if any of you are going to film. Wait, do they allow you to?)
Since when...
Old 2012-06-05, 23:37   Link #198
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Since when...
Some ninja skill is required
Old 2012-06-05, 23:42   Link #199
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Since when...
Quote:
Some ninja skill is required
Remembered some videos somewhere. (or maybe it's just my imagination), but my videocam was confiscated when I went to that K-On AFA in Singapore (pretty much the only one I went to), so I don't know if they changed the rules or not. Guess not...

...I'm really born in the wrong century here...
Old 2012-06-06, 00:46   Link #200
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, i notice that some people using ninja skill has been secretly video taping some event...

To anyone going to AFA MY, enjoy...
Will wait for the event report and photos of beautiful trap...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote