Old 2013-04-22, 00:52   Link #21
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Images
Isshiki Akane
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Been directed to this thread from someone. I must say, I really do like how you drew Akane in this picture. Considering her personality and how she would definitely look like this.

Quote:
Images
Akane & Aoi
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yeeees! My favorite pairing in Vividred!
Old 2013-04-22, 00:58   Link #22
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
Wow, your fan-arts are lovely. I would love to see more.
Actually, I want to see some original work.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 21:34   Link #23
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Sorry for the very late replies:

Quote:
Wow, your fan-arts are lovely. I would love to see more.
Thank you. I would love to draw more as well, so fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Been directed to this thread from someone. I must say, I really do like how you drew Akane in this picture. Considering her personality and how she would definitely look like this.
Thanks for visiting. Fun fact: I spent quite a while debating how long/short Akane's pants should be. In the end I settled for "just long enough so I don't have to draw her bare bottom".

Quote:
Yeeees! My favorite pairing in Vividred!
Finally someone who gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Actually, I want to see some original work.
I have two original works in the gallery so far, the maid, and this one. Hopefully there will be more to come.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little update:

The last few weeks I've been drawing a promotional picture for Triple_R's Madoka Magica fanfiction. Do go check it out if you're a fan of Madoka Magica.
This is a drawing of Madoka and Sayaka fighting a villain "Emperor Jinnai", an original character based off Katsuhiko Jinnai from El Hazard.

When I got the request to draw this, my first reaction was "Huh? You want me to draw a guy??" And then I realised I also have no experience drawing action poses and proper backgrounds. In the end it was a lot of work, and the final outcome was a bit rough, but I think I learned a lot from this experience. If there are readers out there, thanks for visiting and please continue to watch over me, thanks!
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 22:52   Link #24
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm glad you could drop by, it has been a while.
You were there from my very first drawing, and I'm grateful for your continued support. Thanks a lot!
Oh, I didn't know that time was your first since it looks like you already got quite a "strong start" IMO.

Sure, It's nice to see some drawing artists over here
I'd like to see more of your works and maybe you could color my drawings too some time

Quote:
When I got the request to draw this, my first reaction was "Huh? You want me to draw a guy??" And then I realised I also have no experience drawing action poses and proper backgrounds. In the end it was a lot of work, and the final outcome was a bit rough, but I think I learned a lot from this experience. If there are readers out there, thanks for visiting and please continue to watch over me, thanks!
Seems like drawing male character is really a difficulty for male artists nowadays
The action pose looks fine to me, but maybe it needs more effect. I only can think of a"radial blur", though
Old 2013-05-09, 23:53   Link #25
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

When I got the request to draw this, my first reaction was "Huh? You want me to draw a guy??"
I'll admit that my biggest concern with the fanart request I made was if you could handle drawing a male character, because I don't think I've seen you do that before. But if this is your first time drawing a male character, you did a really good job with it. He has good, strong posture, and he doesn't look at all effeminate, imo.

I also have to say that a real strength of yours is how you handle creases in clothes. That's frankly downright incredible. The way you put creases in clothes makes your pictures really come to life, and seem so realistic. The creases you put in Jinnai's pants, and in Sayaka's cape, were particularly good in this regard.

The blurring effect you have on one of Madoka's feet, and on Sayaka's sword-hand, also brings this picture to life. Those little touches added a lot to the overall "Oomph!" of the picture. On the whole, its a very vibrant and gorgeous picture.

Quote:
And then I realised I also have no experience drawing action poses and proper backgrounds. In the end it was a lot of work, and the final outcome was a bit rough, but I think I learned a lot from this experience.
I think so too. As great as your previous work was, I see subtle improvements in your anatomy work with this latest fanart that you did for me. The one criticism I would make of some of your previous work is that it could sometimes have a touch of "plasticman" going on, where it seemed like limbs weren't as firm and straight as they should be.

But here in this work you did for me, the anatomy has great linework, and none of the characters' limbs has that plastic, overly stretchy feel to it. That's particularly impressive given how Sayaka is setting up for a sword slash, and Madoka is setting up for a jab.

In any event, thanks again for doing this work for me!
Old 2013-05-10, 08:31   Link #26
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Oh, I didn't know that time was your first since it looks like you already got quite a "strong start" IMO.

Sure, It's nice to see some drawing artists over here
I'd like to see more of your works and maybe you could color my drawings too some time
I had a few practices drawing faces, parts of bodies before it. But yeah, it's probably my second complete drawing and the first drawing I uploaded online.
Thanks for commenting, and I want to see you open up a drawing thread some day! Then I'll consider coloring your stuff...

Quote:
Seems like drawing male character is really a difficulty for male artists nowadays
The action pose looks fine to me, but maybe it needs more effect. I only can think of a"radial blur", though
I suppose not a lot of male artists wants invest time into learning how to draw male characters. Like me, they prefer to just draw girls.
When I used to make sigs, I used to love using radial blur. Nowadays I usually start and finish a drawing completely using only SAI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'll admit that my biggest concern with the fanart request I made was if you could handle drawing a male character, because I don't think I've seen you do that before. But if this is your first time drawing a male character, you did a really good job with it. He has good, strong posture, and he doesn't look at all effeminate, imo.

I also have to say that a real strength of yours is how you handle creases in clothes. That's frankly downright incredible. The way you put creases in clothes makes your pictures really come to life, and seem so realistic. The creases you put in Jinnai's pants, and in Sayaka's cape, were particularly good in this regard.

The blurring effect you have on one of Madoka's feet, and on Sayaka's sword-hand, also brings this picture to life. Those little touches added a lot to the overall "Oomph!" of the picture. On the whole, its a very vibrant and gorgeous picture.
Its the first time I had to draw a male, so I googled up many images of businessmen in suits for references.
I'm also pretty pleased with how I drew creases. In this drawing I spent the most time with creases when drawing Madoka's frilly skirt thingy. Unlike normal cloth it had to float.

Quote:
I think so too. As great as your previous work was, I see subtle improvements in your anatomy work with this latest fanart that you did for me. The one criticism I would make of some of your previous work is that it could sometimes have a touch of "plasticman" going on, where it seemed like limbs weren't as firm and straight as they should be.

But here in this work you did for me, the anatomy has great linework, and none of the characters' limbs has that plastic, overly stretchy feel to it. That's particularly impressive given how Sayaka is setting up for a sword slash, and Madoka is setting up for a jab.
I don't know if it's due to lack of experience or what, but yeah, when I draw stuff I still tend to wobble a lot with my pen. Maybe it will get better with time. Thank you for your kind praises.

Quote:
In any event, thanks again for doing this work for me!
You're welcome. I had quite a bit of fun doing this project.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-05-10, 20:22   Link #27
markhansaven
Composer

Great stuff. A year of drawing is amazing for what you're making. : O
markhansaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 04:02   Link #28
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I had a few practices drawing faces, parts of bodies before it. But yeah, it's probably my second complete drawing and the first drawing I uploaded online.
Thanks for commenting, and I want to see you open up a drawing thread some day! Then I'll consider coloring your stuff...
I see, that explains it then
Well, to be honest I've considered to create mine since I joined here, but I think the thread will be neglected since I'm not very productive creating new drawings I only draw when I'm in the mood. But if that's the prerequisite to your agreement, then well... let's just see when will I make a new stuff again

Quote:
I suppose not a lot of male artists wants invest time into learning how to draw male characters. Like me, they prefer to just draw girls.
When I used to make sigs, I used to love using radial blur. Nowadays I usually start and finish a drawing completely using only SAI.
Yes. I didn't mean that's a bad thing, though. It's our preferences after all. I guess it's inline with how Japanese manga and anime developed these years where we have more females than males. I started drawing in around late 90's to early 00's, so my basic is male characters (I can only make bishounens, not manly mans ) and in reverse with most new artists, now I'm learning how to make female characters

Yeah, just like photography, it's better if we maximize the raw input from our hand instead of relying on digital manipulations

You're using SAI too! what kind of tablet are you using btw? is it Wacom Bamboo?
Old 2013-05-11, 05:09   Link #29
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Keep it up. Your drawings are great.
Old 2013-05-11, 20:26   Link #30
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhansaven View Post
Great stuff. A year of drawing is amazing for what you're making. : O
Thank you very much. Here's to another year of drawings.

Quote:
Well, to be honest I've considered to create mine since I joined here, but I think the thread will be neglected since I'm not very productive creating new drawings I only draw when I'm in the mood. But if that's the prerequisite to your agreement, then well... let's just see when will I make a new stuff again
Looking forward to the day you start drawing again. I'm curious!

Quote:
Yes. I didn't mean that's a bad thing, though. It's our preferences after all. I guess it's inline with how Japanese manga and anime developed these years where we have more females than males. I started drawing in around late 90's to early 00's, so my basic is male characters (I can only make bishounens, not manly mans ) and in reverse with most new artists, now I'm learning how to make female characters

Yeah, just like photography, it's better if we maximize the raw input from our hand instead of relying on digital manipulations

You're using SAI too! what kind of tablet are you using btw? is it Wacom Bamboo?
Bishounen is good. As a illustrator, there are still plenty of demand for cute guys on Pixiv and Deviantart, so you can always head down that path. But yes the ideal would be to be able to draw both male and female. Someone like Yukiko Horiguchi has it all: cute girls and hot boys.

And yes, I'm using the Wacom Bamboo. Pretty happy with it.

Quote:
Keep it up. Your drawings are great.
Thanks for your support!
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-05-14, 02:19   Link #31
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I wish I could use colors half as good as you do
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 04:29   Link #32
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Looking forward to the day you start drawing again. I'm curious!
2 days ago my friend was having his birthday... and I gifted him my drawing.
I also made my thread, please visit it.

Quote:
Bishounen is good. As a illustrator, there are still plenty of demand for cute guys on Pixiv and Deviantart, so you can always head down that path. But yes the ideal would be to be able to draw both male and female. Someone like Yukiko Horiguchi has it all: cute girls and hot boys.

And yes, I'm using the Wacom Bamboo. Pretty happy with it.
Yeah, she's very good. I wish she could release her own artbook. It's that kind of style I'm pursuing. Not Yukiko's drawing style, but a style that is geared toward general audiences.

Oh, good to hear that which Bamboo and what size do you own?
Old 2013-05-22, 20:23   Link #33
Assort Dis

Been away so I couldn't see your promotional art in time...

As everyone here has said, the creases and shading on their clothes looks great as always. They sure made it feel like they were fluttering in the air.

I'm both surprised and glad that you drew a male, firm-looking too. I agree that most male artists these days prefer to stick with drawing girls only (just like me and some others I know ) so it's a real nice surprise to stumble upon someone who can do both.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:13   Link #34
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I wish I could use colors half as good as you do
I saw your thread and I can see you're improving, especially with your lines. I recommend getting a tablet to draw on. Keep drawing and good luck!

Quote:
Yeah, she's very good. I wish she could release her own artbook. It's that kind of style I'm pursuing. Not Yukiko's drawing style, but a style that is geared toward general audiences.
That's a nice goal you've set for yourself. Happy drawing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
As everyone here has said, the creases and shading on their clothes looks great as always. They sure made it feel like they were fluttering in the air.

I'm both surprised and glad that you drew a male, firm-looking too. I agree that most male artists these days prefer to stick with drawing girls only (just like me and some others I know ) so it's a real nice surprise to stumble upon someone who can do both.
Maybe it's similar to why males like playing as a female character when playing video games. Many guys prefer to stare at girls if they're going to be staring at something for hours and hours. Thanks for commenting!

--------------------------------------------------------------
A little update:

Last night I got the sudden impulse to draw Saika from Oregairu, so here's a speed drawing(I say speed, but it still took around 3 hours).
The male character streak continues! Saika!

/
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2013-06-07 at 05:32.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:28   Link #35
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Ooh, Saika! XD
I take it that drawing Saika feels no different compared to drawing females despite his gender? lol

Looking good for a fast drawing I'd say the only difference is the coloring "effort" compared to your regular drawings.

About Mel... he's just out of the question in terms of ability
Old 2013-05-23, 23:40   Link #36
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Now that you've said it...I don't know why I posted that. I feel stupid for comparing myself to him now. orz

And thanks for commenting, as always.
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2013-05-24 at 00:23.
Old 2013-05-24, 21:42   Link #37
Assort Dis

Like Ryonea had said, looks great for a speed drawing, especially perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32
but it still took around 3 hours
I'm curious, how long did it take for your usual drawings? Mine took 9-10 hours for each (is it normal to take this much time? )
Old 2013-06-07, 05:31   Link #38
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Like Ryonea had said, looks great for a speed drawing, especially perspective.

I'm curious, how long did it take for your usual drawings? Mine took 9-10 hours for each (is it normal to take this much time? )
Thanks for commenting. It takes me nearing twice as long to complete a drawing so you're much faster than I am.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to draw something summer-y.

/
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2013-06-07 at 05:47.
Old 2013-06-07, 06:03   Link #39
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Whoa...... I'm speechless.
Either you've been hiding your true ability or have a warp ability when learning

You draw the background wonderfully. The flowers and grasses are simple yet feels real too (so do the tree shadows). For the overall atmosphere, I think the hard and soft shades and lights are just perfect.

Very impressive work!
Old 2013-06-07, 21:43   Link #40
Assort Dis

Quote:
It takes me nearing twice as long to complete a drawing so you're much faster than I am.
Nah, I'm not exactly faster than you since it also takes me that much amount of time for more complex poses

Anyway...

I-I don't know what to say. Your last pic is simply astounding. I think what makes this stands out from your earlier works is the background. You can easily see the amount of effort putting in here. Having the tree shadow over the ground truly adds to the atmosphere. Not to mention the flowers feel real.

Now if I see this right, there's a tinge of blue and red in the light that makes it looks like rainbow light. Definitely great work here.

And, Miku is cute