AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 18:24   Link #161
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
mizuki tohru: Thank you for the summary. I watched ep5 without subs, and I had no idea what's going on (3 and 4 were easier to understand with my very, very bad Japanese).
Same. The only pun I understood was the explosion word play, which I only got because of Azumanga Daioh.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 19:10   Link #162
moshika

Spoiler for episode 5:
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 20:33   Link #163
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshika View Post
Spoiler for episode 5:
Spoiler:
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 23:30   Link #164
Midonin
Last Engage

Gankyou dominated this episode. With a physical and verbal presence. At first, I thought the show putting its "contains ordinary dialogue" message after Gankyou socked Marii in the face was merely a coincidence. Then it became clear they were doing it deliberately. Didn't take us very long for a reference to Zetsubou Sensei - I was expecting it sooner. This show also seems to be developing a strange motif involving nipples. That's twice doing something with them has come up. Touching them and having them turn into nuclear missiles.

The highlight of the second sketch was easily landing in Comiket. Most of the cast of Zero no Tsukaima, Milky Holmes, Kill Me Baby (ie. other JC Staff shows) were there in cosplay form. Seeing Milky Holmes and KMB acknowledged is great in itself. The stuff with Kukuru on the train was fun, too. Wordplay gags always get to me, and the hubbub around 人/入 and variations thereof was fun. Gankyou's thing for butts also established itself here.

Watching the moon via film was... bizarre. This was easily the strangest segment in the whole show. Seeing Gankyou be on the recieving end of slapstick after her punch-out with Marii in the first segment got a laugh, but it only lasted for so long, once it became clear that the Rabbit both has seven lives, and hurts something fierce. Not even Teenage Mutant Ninja Kigu can stop him. Gan's "It looks like a Rorschach test!" was one of my favorite lines, and she can beatbox rather awesomely.

This week belongs to Gankyou, but everyone had their moments. Love this show.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 23:55   Link #165
HandofFate

The first and last segments in episode 4 was good.
Not a big fan of the train segment.

The last segment with the moon/rabbit was insane. I was pretty impressed how seemlessly they kept changing the topic of conversations right after the other, and finishing it off with that WTF? ending that just makes you go "...." before the ending credits start playing.
Old 2012-08-07, 00:26   Link #166
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
The glasses part was amusing considering Gankyou's strength and Mari getting the short end of the stick. It's also really amusing that they were mentioning three stupid looking characters from a familiar series written by the same author who in turn created the said series of this thread. The other bits were amusing and interesting, but yeah, Gankyou really shined this episode.

Spoiler for Gankyou's Eyes and Fist Full of Steel:

The train part felt lacking. The cosplay convention scene was interesting because of the JC Staff references, won't get into them, but it was worth watching.

Segment three was by far the best one because Gankyo getting the same treatment has Mari did in segment one. The moon watching and observing bit was a blast to watch and funny too. The angry rabbit thing with Mari at the end...didn't seem right, but was funny, weird...

Anyway, awesome episode totally worth the wait and time and I can't wait for episode 5. This shows needs more attention it's just too awesome!
Old 2012-08-07, 08:15   Link #167
Qilin
Romanticist

Call me shallow, but I believe that Gankyou socking Marii repeatedly was the undisputed highlight of the episode. It's getting increasingly clear that Marii's role is to serve as the show's punching bag.

That last segment was just plain surreal though.
Old 2012-08-07, 08:44   Link #168
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

The opening segment to this episode was just pure awesome

Oh my oh my...Kukuru with glasses...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-07, 10:59   Link #169
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Spoiler:
AKB48 parody?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 11:32   Link #170
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Spoiler:
How old are the girls? Four of them were drinking beer in one episode so they have to be at least 20.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 12:23   Link #171
vampko

This show never fails to have me experience laughter throughout ~

Poor Marii didn't get that she was saying Marii was so lacking that Gan's senses couldn't find her nipples xD

And yeah, that end really had me going "..."
xD
vampko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 10:52   Link #172
larethian

I just watched episode 4 and it was hilarious. The glasses, oh my, mega funny, and with Marii getting owned. Weird that Tetora couldn't write 'person' even when the kanji was on Marii's shirt.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 13:47   Link #173
Utsuro no Hako

Annotations are out for ep 4.

You know, it never occurred to me that the first nipple joke was about Kim Jong-il and Kim Jong-un. I feel as though I'm still missing part of the joke.
Old 2012-08-09, 20:22   Link #174
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I wondered what the hell was up with the Kim Jongs showing up. Then the rocket launched. I actually said "...seriously?" out loud.

Marii cackling about Gankyou being unable to locate her fiddlybits, completely oblivious of the callback to her being made fun of in episode 3 was tremendous. I can't believe how much I enjoy this show, considering the premise. It's not my favorite show of the season, but it's probably the biggest pleasant surprise.

The girls making it to Comiket only to decide to go home... "Let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place."
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 21:15   Link #175
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ep4 had so much ass. I wasn't expecting it.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 21:59   Link #176
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Marii can really take a punch
Old 2012-08-10, 11:36   Link #177
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Caught up on this series and admittedly I felt they were funny, but somehow eps 3 and 4 did not feel up to snuff as eps 1 and 2 were. Maybe this is just me, and there has not really been a drop in quality or whatever. Seems this is one of those series that is hard for someone "not in the know" to ... umm ... "objectively" gage such a thing as much. But in any event, a viewer is a viewer, I guess.

Still - am enjoying the series.
Old 2012-08-10, 12:07   Link #178
vampko

Yeah that gulls thing didn't sound right. I thought I heard something about lesbians xD
vampko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 13:27   Link #179
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampko View Post
Yeah that gulls thing didn't sound right. I thought I heard something about lesbians xD
According to the translation notes, there was a lesbian joke related to the fact that the train line is called Yurikamome or Laughing Gull, but there was no way to render it into English.
Old 2012-08-10, 13:29   Link #180
Midonin
Last Engage

Love that there's a Rakugo Tennyo Oyui cameo (that I didn't pick up on before). It seemed like it was such an obscure show, that to have it referenced at all makes me glad I watched it. And of course, Saori Goto is in both of them.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen