Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-11-30, 03:26   Link #1
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
What's on Your Lunchbox (Bento)?

When your talked about "bento", one will might think immediately of Japanese lunchboxes. Some think of the beautiful decorative arrangemens we often see of anime and on how females work themselves out early in the morning to provide such glamorous show of appreciation to the person they love... or simply to boast on how good cooks and wife-to-be they are...

Before I go out of the topic, I kindly want to ask, do you still bring packed lunches on your school or work place? Do you make it yourself (or your mom)? What do want to have? What are the usual stuff you have? This may make you feel hungry but how about sharing your thoughts (and disappointments) pertaining to "bento" or in us simple packed lunches?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 03:34   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
To start, I still bring "bento" at my work place.

As expected to us Asians, rice is always part of the my diet. The more the rice, the better. I usually have fried fish. Nothing special with the fish, it's not tuna or salmon either...just cheap fish. I sometimes have scrambled egg, fried chicken w/o the breading.... I also have fried eggplants or if special eggplants soaked in egg then fried... weird huh? But it taste good with soy sause! I once brought tofu, right you guess it... FRIED.

If I'm kinda in a hurry I only bring rice and a can of...can goods..or just buy side dish at the cafeteria...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 11:00   Link #3
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I'm not so big on packed lunches. Honestly I just don't have the time to make something nice. Occasionally I'll make something on Sunday that I know will last me all week, like a lime marinated chicken casserole or some enchiladas. Sometimes I might bring some of my room mate's leftover BBQ. But these days, usually it's a small frozen entree that only costs $1 supplemented with a variety of grapes or berries.

My breakfasts are usually hot oatmeal with blueberries and some milk thrown in. Sometimes I'll use brown sugar. I put this in a small thermos that I can easily put in my backpack. I usually ride my bike to work and eat breakfast at my desk.

Now, when my mother-in-law was living with us, I was bringing all sorts of things. Eggs, with tomatoes mixed in, mabu tofu, various veggies such as broccoli and asparagus. Tofu was normally included in some form or another and there was always rice.

I miss those days.
Old 2011-11-30, 23:04   Link #4
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

I have to make a lunch to take to school, as the lines to buy lunch there are WAAYYYY too long and not even worth the food at all (there's at least six hundred people cramming into a small enclosure designed for about one hundred)
Normally I throw together a turkey sandwich, or a classic peanut butter (and sometimes jelly) sandwich along with an apple or something in the morning. I'm usually rushed anyway as I get up to go to school rather early, so I don't spend much time on a lunch at all. The one specialty though that I do make is peppermint tea every morning for lunch.
Old 2011-11-30, 23:54   Link #5
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I work from home so my lunches can be any thing I went but its mostly Romen im just so lazy to cook
Old 2011-12-01, 05:12   Link #6
HasuMasu
*Artist

Well, granted I don't eat in school, no, but I used to have a big blue one with soup in it.