AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-19, 05:24   Link #841
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Detailed buildings in my Nanoha!?
I'm really looking forward to seeing this just so I can spazz out over the quality of it.
Old 2010-02-19, 09:31   Link #842
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Detailed buildings in my Nanoha!?
The big screen can amplify every animation mistake, no matter how small. Besides, they have the money for it, so I suppose they figured hey, why not?
Old 2010-02-19, 11:56   Link #843
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

It's like Nanoha meets Kara no Kyoukai!
Old 2010-02-19, 15:49   Link #844
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Fate's eyes are actually more vitalized and detailed in the movie too.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-02-19, 19:32   Link #845
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samu-kun View Post
She becomes a damsel in distress because the events of episode 9 ("Climactic Battle Over the Sea!") in the anime has been rewritten. In the movie, Fate is already weakened as a result of her mother's treatment when she raises the jewel seeds from the ocean and is attacked by a huge sea kraken that has been created by the seeds. She is about to be defeated and needs to be rescued by Nanoha.
Since I just rewatched the first season, I want to clear up something here...

While the series does not show her specifically 'weakened' from Precias treatment(it does show her panting before fighting the kraken, though), she does need to be saved by Nanoha in the series as well. Yuuno Telepathically talks to Nanoha and tells her he will open up a gate for her, so she runs off to save Fate and dispatches of the sea kraken with a massive Divine Buster. Although in the series, Fate is still able to help Nanoha dispatch of the sea kraken, so she uses a thunder rage at the same time of Nanoha's divine buster. But Chrono does specifically tell everyone to let the sea kraken finish Fate off. After the sea kraken is finished, Precia uses a large lightning spell and it hits Fate, knocking her unconscious. Arf catches Fate and pushes Chrono out of the way while escaping with three Jewel Shards.

I kind of find it strange Fate wouldn't help dispatch of the kraken like in the series, though. Or perhaps you forgot of that scene? Yuuno even helped bind the kraken before Nanoha and Fate used their attacks on it. Perhaps Nanoha's an one man army in the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samu-kun
I liked Fate because she was dark and melancholy, but still a strong and heroic character. In terms of screen time, I think both Nanoha and Fate got equal time, but generally we saw Fate either a) weak b) panting or c) injured in all of her battle scenes, with the exception of her first battle with Nanoha, which Fate wins easily because it's only Nanoha's second day as mahou shoujo, and the very last battle when Fate and Nanoha storm Precia's castle together. Nanoha on the other hand was pretty much pulverizing anything that stood her in way after her first battle with Fate.
But yeah, suffice to say, Fate gets hurt a lot in the series as well. 1st time trying to seal the jewel shard with her hands. Second time is when Fate's trying to seal another jewel shard and Chrono shoots her down. Third time is when Precia fires a massive thunder spell which hits Fate and knocks her unconscious. As well as both times her mother whipped her.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-02-19 at 20:01.
Old 2010-02-19, 20:31   Link #846
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
The more I look at this image, the more I'm vaguely disturbed by Fate's eyes for some reason.
Old 2010-02-19, 20:40   Link #847
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

The colors of her pupils look the same as when she fainted towards Precia venting her hate for Fate I guess.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-02-19, 20:47   Link #848
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
The more I look at this image, the more I'm vaguely disturbed by Fate's eyes for some reason.
You see that change in eye color/shape a lot in anime. It's generally used when a character is shocked/surprised.
Old 2010-02-19, 20:52   Link #849
hinakatbklyn

Quote:

Quote:
They might look more red than usual, but I don't see much of a difference, other than maybe to look more angry or serious. Shocked or surprised, the eyes would have to be like wider than humanly possible, as if they were in the way of a major attack.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-02-19 at 21:08.
Old 2010-02-19, 21:20   Link #850
leodamine
Divine Akuma

they remind me of when Vita gets her hat thrown off in A's
Old 2010-02-19, 21:24   Link #851
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

The scenery does emit that Kara no Kyoukai feel.

My blog
Old 2010-02-19, 22:12   Link #852
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodamine View Post
they remind me of when Vita gets her hat thrown off in A's
Fate looks more like she's shocked in that image, to me. Vita getting her hat knocked off = full blown rage.
Old 2010-02-19, 22:17   Link #853
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Though it sure looks like Fate's releasing an attack during the scene of that image. Wonder why she's sho-- Oh right, Fate's not accustomed to fighting devils.

@Mushi: You and Hinakat have nearly the same avatar. Almost thought you were him.
Old 2010-02-19, 22:44   Link #854
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

From my prior knowledge of psychology, the human body's autonomic system is activated and the eyes are usually dilated to indicate self-defense and a heightened sense of awareness. Fate seeing Nanoha as the enemy/rival obviously causes her pupils to dilate. Still so unlimitedly arousing.

My blog
Old 2010-02-19, 22:57   Link #855
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
Though it sure looks like Fate's releasing an attack during the scene of that image. Wonder why she's sho-- Oh right, Fate's not accustomed to fighting devils.

@Mushi: You and Hinakat have nearly the same avatar. Almost thought you were him.
The scene is when Raising Heart and Bardiche were crashed.There is a same screenshot in page 23 of the booklet.
Old 2010-02-19, 23:07   Link #856
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
The scene is when Raising Heart and Bardiche were crashed.There is a same screenshot in page 23 of the booklet.
Ah, that makes sense. I thought it was the final battle scene because of their location.
Old 2010-02-19, 23:11   Link #857
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Ah, that makes sense. I thought it was the final battle scene because of their location.
Judging from the buildings, I doubted it was the final battle. Unless they're fighting in a pristine city in perfect condition with no people around, but I imagine an abandoned city would look a bit more run-down.
Old 2010-02-19, 23:27   Link #858
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Judging from the buildings, I doubted it was the final battle. Unless they're fighting in a pristine city in perfect condition with no people around, but I imagine an abandoned city would look a bit more run-down.
City is only abandoned because of the shield thats put up, or I thought that's how it was supposed to be.
Old 2010-02-19, 23:31   Link #859
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
City is only abandoned because of the shield thats put up, or I thought that's how it was supposed to be.
So the fight is in Nanoha's actual hometown, but with a shield up to protect the innocents? That's.... kind of a stupid move for a final fight that's a knock-down, drag-out brawl between two powerful mages.
Old 2010-02-19, 23:43   Link #860
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
So the fight is in Nanoha's actual hometown, but with a shield up to protect the innocents? That's.... kind of a stupid move for a final fight that's a knock-down, drag-out brawl between two powerful mages.
Think so? Well, once the barrier is brought down, even if the entire city is destroyed, everything will be left untouched.

And I'm not 100% on this, but i'm pretty sure they fight in Nanoha's home town. Uminari city, I think it is.