AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-24, 14:35   Link #341
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
^ Shining Finger?

... Uh, yeah. I think I can imagine it...

....Pffffffffftttt.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 14:49   Link #342
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Ichika now 's becoming like Gurren SEITEN to me, didn't remember anyone got a clean hit by its radiation Wave get to live a happy and "normal" life latter.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:41   Link #343
falcolobo
The Third Runner

To Zephyr, could you clarify? Your previous post said that he gains Setsura in Byaku Shiki's second form. Do you mean Second Shift? As in Byakuu Shiki Setsura, the one he gets after he woke from a coma?
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 22:10   Link #344
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Setsura is the name of his gauntlet weapon. He gain it when Byaku shiki reach second shift. He didn't get into coma in the battle against silver gospel, he just enter "absolute defense barrier" mode since he runs out of power. Like I said before, the pilot is supposed to be unconscious in this mode in exchange for the protection, but during this time, Ichika met with what is implied to be Byaku Shiki's consciousness(Ichika describe her as resembling a certain Female White Knight)..
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 23:20   Link #345
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Setsura is the name of his gauntlet weapon. He gain it when Byaku shiki reach second shift. He didn't get into coma in the battle against silver gospel, he just enter "absolute defense barrier" mode since he runs out of power. Like I said before, the pilot is supposed to be unconscious in this mode in exchange for the protection, but during this time, Ichika met with what is implied to be Byaku Shiki's consciousness(Ichika describe her as resembling a certain Female White Knight)..
so that little girl somewhere in teh novels that was sitting on a fence was the IS core's spirit?
Old 2011-01-24, 23:44   Link #346
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

the IS core consciousness has never been illustrated. I think the illustration that you saw was Tabane's(if she has a bunny ear then that's Tabane).
Old 2011-01-25, 00:38   Link #347
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
the IS core consciousness has never been illustrated. I think the illustration that you saw was Tabane's(if she has a bunny ear then that's Tabane).
eh? the girl wearing teh frills in v3 just before the american pilot pecked ichika, spawning teh wrath of his harem i mean girls who are in love with him (kuro, explain. plz. nao.)
Old 2011-01-25, 00:40   Link #348
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
It's ADA!!!!! O_O

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 06:23   Link #349
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
eh? the girl wearing teh frills in v3 just before the american pilot pecked ichika, spawning teh wrath of his harem i mean girls who are in love with him (kuro, explain. plz. nao.)
Yea, the illustration before the american pilot is Tabane. She's talking with Chifuyu in that scene before disappearing like a wind.

Let's finish chapter 3, and if there's no other things, I might finish volume 6 this weekend.

Spoiler for volume 6 chapter 3 part 3:

That's the end of chapter 3. Chapter 4 will cover the battle and Ichika's birthday. Hopefully I can finish those this weekend.
Old 2011-01-25, 12:51   Link #350
Johnny
Working the bags...

Chapter one of the manga is out. Unlike the anime they briefly showed us Ichika tied up and I assume the reason why Chifuyu dropped out of the limelight. Nothing else knew...

The art isn't bad and sort of reminds me of the MuvLuv manga...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 15:01   Link #351
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Chapter one of the manga is out. Unlike the anime they briefly showed us Ichika tied up and I assume the reason why Chifuyu dropped out of the limelight. Nothing else knew...

The art isn't bad and sort of reminds me of the MuvLuv manga...
Just read the manga ch1 and many thanks to SimpleScans!!

I got soo used to the anime drawing that it feels a bit simple/downgraded how they did the manga. Yet...I feel a more comfortable atmosphere (it looks more like a boardschool/highschool than in the anime) that really gives it a plus. Also, as I read the chapter, I do have the feeling that Ichika was just dropped in a place he doesn`t fit yet belongs too. Feels more natural and smooth than anime.

I feel they also downgraded boob size (Maya-sensei now does look like Ranka-chan XD). Also liked more the explanation about how Orimura-kun was ordered to "suit up" by a busy/blind instructor, rather than "just stumble upon an IS after enterring a forbidden room". I hope they also draw up how he beat her.

IMHO I actually prefer the first manga chapter than the first anime episode.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 19:56   Link #352
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
I got soo used to the anime drawing that it feels a bit simple/downgraded how they did the manga. Yet...I feel a more comfortable atmosphere (it looks more like a boardschool/highschool than in the anime) that really gives it a plus. Also, as I read the chapter, I do have the feeling that Ichika was just dropped in a place he doesn`t fit yet belongs too. Feels more natural and smooth than anime.

I feel they also downgraded boob size (Maya-sensei now does look like Ranka-chan XD). Also liked more the explanation about how Orimura-kun was ordered to "suit up" by a busy/blind instructor, rather than "just stumble upon an IS after enterring a forbidden room". I hope they also draw up how he beat her.

IMHO I actually prefer the first manga chapter than the first anime episode.
Don't really know about how things should work out, but for an academy which trains their students with high-tech stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copypaste from Twitter
#InfiniteStratos manga ch01: With that kind of uniform, the background the mangaka drew them in makes them seem to be out of place.
... The mangaka's style made Chifuyu seem younger though, I don't think I will feel guilty for implying bro-con tendencies on her for some odd reason.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2011-01-25 at 20:09.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 21:57   Link #353
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Don't really know about how things should work out, but for an academy which trains their students with high-tech stuff...
You are right, but it was kinda nostalgic about my own time at college dormitories. The room is almost the same, except half the size.

BTW I soo love the Obama kameo and translation.
Old 2011-01-26, 00:56   Link #354
ZeKeR
Superbad

kuro.... pray tell....

PLEAZ.... SIS HAVE BROCON?!

when she had a drink with her colleague, she said a double edged sentence....
Old 2011-01-26, 02:22   Link #355
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Phantom Task Leader future member of Ichika's harem?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 06:15   Link #356
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Ichika now 's becoming like Gurren SEITEN to me, didn't remember anyone got a clean hit by its radiation Wave get to live a happy and "normal" life latter.
well that yess but it is still so that The Guren SEITEN gauntlet is still far superior to Ichika's gauntlet. But I sure would like to see Kallen and Ichika duke it out.

ooh or see Kallen in a IS that is based on the Guren SEITEN, with all of it's weapons, now that's something to see.
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 11:10   Link #357
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Phantom Task Leader future member of Ichika's harem?
No.

Scholl is confirmed to be a lesbian, the operative Autumn is Scholl's lover.
Old 2011-01-26, 11:29   Link #358
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
kuro.... pray tell....

PLEAZ.... SIS HAVE BROCON?!

when she had a drink with her colleague, she said a double edged sentence....
On the contrary. During her drinking session with Maya-sensei, she told Maya-sensei that she approve Ichika going out with girls to expand his horizon. She's just worried about his choice of girl since his eyes for girl is lacking.

For those expecting Chifuyu to have bro-con, you can hope, but don't expect too much. From the story direction so far, there's very little chance of Chifuyu seeing Ichika romantically. She's just over-protecting him as a brother, and child.
Old 2011-01-26, 16:55   Link #359
Maverick05

Quote:
On the contrary. During her drinking session with Maya-sensei, she told Maya-sensei that she approve Ichika going out with girls to expand his horizon. She's just worried about his choice of girl since his eyes for girl is lacking.

She's just over-protecting him as a brother, and child.
Just wondering, but has Chifuyu actually stated any preference or hint for any girl?

Each girl has a pro/con for the Orimura family:
Houki and Rin are old friends and she knows them and their families well....eventhough they would make poor Ichika a henpecked husband. XD

Laura is Laura. Cute, nice girl, but will tie Ichika as a soldier for life most likely.

Cecilia will surely secure the financial situation of the family for life...eventhough it will bring back the Orimura to the primelight of politics. XD

Ohh and Charlotte.....I can imagine the french wouldn´t be happy.
Old 2011-01-26, 17:20   Link #360
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Ohh and Charlotte.....I can imagine the french wouldn´t be happy.
they probably would be happy. She gets the guy and the French get the only male pilot in the world like they wanted.

btw when does Tabane make her first appearance in the LN?

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2011-01-26 at 17:52.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen