AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-11, 02:35   Link #61
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Ice, thanks for the translation! What a line from Ray, it brings quite a bit of foreshadowing to the possible fate of other former SOF members...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icealchemist
Spoiler for What Ray said to renton:
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 08:47   Link #62
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic
Ice, thanks for the translation! What a line from Ray, it brings quite a bit of foreshadowing to the possible fate of other former SOF members...
I think that Ray was just trying to say that, yes, you go me now, but you won't walk away from this happily either. It certainly casts a shadow other their enterprise (considering what they are doing now), but I don't think it means anything besides the fact that SOF members lead a dangerous life.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 12:14   Link #63
Blaat

I feel wrong for asking another question but has the age difference between Renton and his sister been revealed?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 19:03   Link #64
Not_At

I finally decided to try Eureka 7 and Episode 14 seemed like a good place to start, since it was a recap episode and I could read what happened earlier without being to far behind. I just have some quick questions for anyone who's really knowledgeable about the setting.

Setting: Does anybody know what year Eureka Seven takes place, or how the world was affected by the Summer of Love besides Traplar (sp?) particles appearing? What about politics - I'm guessing there's a world government and a world military like in Gundam, but no individual countries, right? The architecture is impressive, so I guess it might take place anywhere from 2050 - 2200?

I'm sure they've revealed this by episode 37, but Eureka
Spoiler:

Did Holland and his crew steal the G-G from that tall military tower in an episode of the series (where his pilot has to pull up at the last minute and Holland meets up with them after flying over a European-looking city), or is that just new flashback footage from that episode?

I think that's it...it'd be helpful there was a website with character guides or terms or something, but I think I can figure out the rest on my own as I watch. ^^ Thanks!

Last edited by Not_At; 2006-01-15 at 19:14.
Not_At is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 07:42   Link #65
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_At
Setting: Does anybody know what year Eureka Seven takes place, or how the world was affected by the Summer of Love besides Traplar (sp?) particles appearing? What about politics - I'm guessing there's a world government and a world military like in Gundam, but no individual countries, right? The architecture is impressive, so I guess it might take place anywhere from 2050 - 2200?
Hint: it's not Earth.
Old 2006-01-18, 13:54   Link #66
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Bandai Entertainment Inc., a member of the “Eureka Project” (which includes Studio Bones, Bandai, Bandai Visual, and Hakuhodo) announce today Vol. 1 of the Eureka SeveN DVD will be released April 25th with the ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK and the first volume of the MANGA by artists Jinsei Kataoka and Kazuma Kondou, originally published in Japan by Kadokawa publishing. More
Didn't take them too long did it...

Quote:
The series focuses on Renton, a young boy in a world where “lifting” (an extreme form of hoverboarding) is common.
WTF 'lifting'?
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 19:49   Link #67
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
WTF 'lifting'?
Engrish for "reffing", I guess. 8)
Old 2006-01-19, 15:02   Link #68
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I know but reffing sounds so much cooler.

Ep.38...

Spoiler:

Some predictions for the remaining episodes - I have this nagging suspicion that Eureka is going to 'revert' as some point, perhaps after another 'Acperience' which will possibly drive Renton completely over the edge and at the same time making Holland a very happy man on both counts. Also I keep pondering on Anemone's reaction to seeing Renton and Eureka in the opening. This makes me think she's either scared of them (last time they met she got her arse whipped) or she cannot bring herself to harm them. Either way I think she'll end up betraying Dewey over this. Not sure. Personally I'd love to see her join Gekko State. I can imagine her really getting in the way between Renton and Eureka. However with the time remaining (I can't believe there's only 12 episodes of this series left) I doubt this will happen.

Just some random musings...
Old 2006-01-19, 23:25   Link #69
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I argee, in general.

What I liked about ep. 38 was the whole "family" subplot. Seems like Eureka is finally learning human feelings and what it is like to be close to someone emotionally.

Although I must still express my displeasure with charater animation, which looked like crap again...
Old 2006-01-20, 20:12   Link #70
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Although I must still express my displeasure with charater animation, which looked like crap again...
Especially Eureka, the animators seem to have forgotten how to draw her in some shots this episode.

Actually, another interesting aspect of Episode 38 was how Adrock literally vanished during the test flight with Eureka. All that was left after that incident was the Amita drive, which reiterates what Renton's Grandpa said in episode 3 that Renton's father was right next to him. Did Adrock actually become the Amita drive? Wierd....
Old 2006-01-21, 19:50   Link #71
icealchemist
troll4hire
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to icealchemist Send a message via MSN to icealchemist
39 is a filler episode....

but on a brighter note;

OP 4 VIDEO (need to use internet explorer)

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/common/Pl.../1/movie_h.asx

Ed 4 video on the 24th.

enjoy
icealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 23:31   Link #72
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Another filler? What the hell are they thinking of!?
Old 2006-01-22, 02:14   Link #73
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Some predictions for the remaining episodes - I have this nagging suspicion that Eureka is going to 'revert' as some point, perhaps after another 'Acperience' which will possibly drive Renton completely over the edge and at the same time making Holland a very happy man on both counts.
The title of episode 41 is Acperience 3.

Dun-dun-dun-duuuun... 8)
Old 2006-01-22, 07:44   Link #74
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
The title of episode 41 is Acperience 3.

Dun-dun-dun-duuuun... 8)
Blimey, now I'm worried. Although we should remind ourselves this is a Bones anime and the first law of a Bones anime is 'anything that can go wrong, will go wrong...horribly'. Though I hope we don't end with a paralell universe this time.

Actually Bones have done pretty well with Eureka 7 (marked by Newtype treating it as a 'worthy' Gundam substitute at the moment), so I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be seeing a movie or, hopefully, a second season in the long run. Assuming everyone survives this one that is ...
Old 2006-01-22, 07:59   Link #75
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ep.39...

Spoiler:

Ep.40 looks considerably more promising.
Old 2006-01-22, 14:00   Link #76
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, this is an original production so they have nothing to screw over except for themselves. No mangaka, or somesuch. And anyway, Fullmetal Alchemist turned out to be much better in it's animated form, so this so called "BONES law" isn't really valid.

In fact, the tally is pretty even, and leaning in favor of BONES.

FMA, Angelic Layer, Kurau, Bebop Movie and RahXephon for teh win.

Mars Daybreak and Wolf's Rain sucked (although Wolf's Rain was alright untill the recaps).

The jury is still out on Eureka Seven.

Thus, there is no BONES law. It's like the much-touted "GONZO clause", which, if you look at the shows themselves, is pretty much worth nothing and doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
Old 2006-01-22, 14:26   Link #77
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ah, I think my post was slightly misleading. I was more thinking about the plot going horribly wrong for the characters themselves, rather than the whole anime derailing, I think.

But I agree that Bones's works are evenly balanced. I actually liked Kenran Butou Sai, Eureka 7's natural if slightly silly predecessor.
Old 2006-01-23, 06:00   Link #78
wao
OK.

It's easier for me to get the OP from here: main site Works in Firefox also, it just opens up in WMP.
Old 2006-01-23, 15:58   Link #79
icealchemist
troll4hire
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to icealchemist Send a message via MSN to icealchemist
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
It's easier for me to get the OP from here: main site Works in Firefox also, it just opens up in WMP.
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/common/Pl.../1/movie_h.asx

ED4, i like the song. The still frame animation is a let down though.
icealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 03:31   Link #80
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Wow... great stuff.

I loved both the new opening and the new ending. The songs are great and the visuals for the opening are very bright, very happy, very well-animated. After the bleak and dreary OP3, I am soooo~ happy to see something like this.

The ED animation (or lack thereof) was a bit of a letdown, but it fits the song, and it was funny so see all the characters as little kids (as opposed to adults in ED3). Young Dominic was cute. 8)