Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-19, 13:12   Link #21
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
In terms of the RX-79(G), it should've been "produced more" since, for some reason, it seems 12 units is considered "mass produced" lol (for me, "mass production" would be like..100+ units)
There are more than 12 of them. It is a mass-production design, but it only saw limited production.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 17:12   Link #22
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah...I keep the terms separate for myself though....being called "mass-production" but only being a limited production doesn't really count as "mass-production" in my mind unless it stops after a lot of units come out.

Stuff like RX-79(G), RGM-79N and such don't reach the mass-production stage to me, but that's just my own thought.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 19:30   Link #23
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
It's still a mass-production design, which wasn't mass-produced for economical reasons. You'll find several tank and airplane designs like these in real life.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 23:42   Link #24
JokerD

Wasn't it a sort of a pre-production model for the later mass produced GMs. More of a middle gound between the economical mass-produced ones and the expensive one of a kind prototypes.

But still as I recall it still uses lunar titanium and has a higher generator output, as well as the ability to use a true beam rifle rather than just a bean spray gun. Which would make it better than the MP GMs used.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 01:00   Link #25
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
Wasn't it a sort of a pre-production model for the later mass produced GMs. More of a middle gound between the economical mass-produced ones and the expensive one of a kind prototypes.

But still as I recall it still uses lunar titanium and has a higher generator output, as well as the ability to use a true beam rifle rather than just a bean spray gun. Which would make it better than the MP GMs used.
Yeah and things like the RGM-79[E] and RGM-79(G) were also pre-production models for the standard RGM-79 GM.

The RGM-79(G) is, indeed, more powerful than the standard GM. It could almost be like "GM Head" Gundam like how Karen's RX-79(G) ended up as due to lack of spare parts. Of course, Lunar Titanium Alloy being expensive to use for mass production models and the RGM-79 being a more versatile and multi-role unit, it was obviously favored more.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote