Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2009-11-22, 02:20   Link #1
kidswithguns2005

Groups for everything on mainpages.

Hello everyone,

My suggestions:

Releases on homepage should list Anime titles only, when ever the anime has new releases just put "New Release, or Updated" next to it, and remove it when there's no update in 1 week.

When clicked on the Anime title, it should lists all the releases from different fansubs/groups, releases from same fansub should be sort next to each other.

I think this is good enough, but it still can be improve further, like groups for 720p and 1080p, or h264, and xdix

The current homepage =
kidswithguns2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 07:14   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidswithguns2005 View Post
Releases on homepage should list Anime titles only,
That's what it already does.
Quote:
when ever the anime has new releases just put "New Release, or Updated" next to it, and remove it when there's no update in 1 week.
Too much information. There are enough series that you need to scroll hell of a lot down even if you filter to only the recent ones.
Quote:
When clicked on the Anime title, it should lists all the releases from different fansubs/groups, releases from same fansub should be sort next to each other.
Sounds good when you say it, but doesn't really look good in practice. When it sorted by group you can't really tell which is the last episode; you have to look at all the groups, whereas now you only need to look at the last one. I'm against chaning it so "sort=group&order=asc" is default behavior.

As for your suggestion about clicking the title, you can already click the arrow button to get to the series page.
Quote:
I think this is good enough, but it still can be improve further, like groups for 720p and 1080p, or h264, and xdix
A lot of people don't really care for that; partially because it doesn't really necesarly mean higher quality.

Two other things, case study shows that "what people ask for" isn't necessarily what they "want" or use. Well, its not particularly hard to get what you want. You can just bookmark the frontpage with the settings you want, and use a small piece of user javascript to rewrite the links.
Old 2009-11-22, 08:43   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I think I understand what you are trying to suggest, but I'm not sure this will really be useful or not. For example, in the last week 49 series had new torrents and that's still a pretty long list.

For AnimeSuki v3 (which I really want to finish soon, but don't have enough time for) I have added the ability to mark certain series as "favorite", and then show all new & popular torrents for your favorite series in a "watchlist".

Spoiler for image resolution:

What's not shown in the screenshot because I already refreshed the page after my session timed out (30 minutes) is that any new torrents will have a "new!" icon, as demonstrated here (but without watchlist):

Spoiler for image resolution:

I can't give an ETA on AnimeSuki v3, but like I said, I don't want it to drag on forever. Hopefully I have some time to work on it during the Christmas break.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 08:59   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Watchlist FTW! I can't be bothered dealing with RSS, and there are usually so few shows that I follow that finding the occasional torrent for them in the deluge of releases can become tedious. Great idea, GHDpro, whenever it appears.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 11:55   Link #5
kidswithguns2005

AnimeSuki v3, that's just what I wanted.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for your hardwork!
kidswithguns2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animesuki suggestion, feature request