AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-09, 01:28   Link #1
SamuraiGuy5

Need a band...

I'm looking for a hardcore heavy metal japanese band. Something that kind of sounds like Slipknot or Chimaira. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 2006-04-09, 07:50   Link #2
Cythraul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiGuy5
I'm looking for a hardcore heavy metal japanese band. Something that kind of sounds like Slipknot or Chimaira. Does anyone have any ideas?
Read the first half of this post. Out of the bands I mentioned, you might like Church of Misery and Sigh (not the newest album) the most, though both lack the headbanging factor of Chimaira. Check out CoM for some badass riffs, and Sigh for sheer evilness. Envy is good as well, if you're just looking for something to annoy your parents/neighbours/friends with.

Then there's a band called Shadow, which AFAIK plays melodic death metal. They're influenced by the same bands Chimaira took their sound from, so I guess you might like it. I haven't checked them out yet so I can't promise they're any good.
Old 2006-04-09, 09:02   Link #3
miaka

J metal? here some of my favorite jmetal band, i've linked it with wiki for more info.

animetal- as their name stated, they sang popular anime tune from classic to modern.
x-japan- they sang Rurouni Kenshin's movie themesong and Clamp's X/Tv/movie theme song. However, they already disband.
Old 2006-04-10, 13:55   Link #4
Mousuke

Wow, I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Dir en Grey, the KING of j-metal/j-rock. They've been together for about ten years and their songs have always been on the top 10 in Japan. They are my very favorite and Kyo--the lead singer--has the most amazing voice I've ever heard.

Also check out their photogalleries, they have some amazing outfits and photography.

You might also like Alice Nine and Tetsu69, but Dir en Grey really is the best, imo. ^_~
Old 2006-04-10, 17:42   Link #5
Cythraul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousuke
Wow, I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Dir en Grey, the KING of j-metal/j-rock.
Dir en grey, king of j-metal? I mean, I do like them and all that, but they're not even in the scene.
Old 2006-04-10, 17:43   Link #6
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
To be perfectly honest, the Japanese metal scene is not really developed, save for a couple of bands like X-Japan, Sigh, nothing is really "famous".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousuke
Wow, I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Dir en Grey, the KING of j-metal/j-rock.
Dir en grey are not metal. The only genres I could identify them with are rock/shock-rock and post-hardcore with WtD./Vulgar ._.
Tetsu and Alice aren't metal either...
Old 2006-04-14, 20:35   Link #7
Deo Death

Send a message via AIM to Deo Death Send a message via Yahoo to Deo Death
12012.... I think....
Old 2006-04-18, 12:35   Link #8
Aoi_chan
☆ガ♂ル☆

If you want heavier Japanese rock try Sex Machineguns, Gilgamesh, 12012 as said above, D'espairs Ray, X-Japan, I've also heard Loudness was pretty heavy, haven't had a chance to listen to them yet. Alot of good bands out there though.

Deathgaze
Zilch
Vasalla
MUCC
Sulfuric Acid

Those are a few I can think of at the moment.
Closed Thread