AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-04, 09:06   Link #1041
Mentar
Banned

Well, there's still a difference between "several people have been predicted it" and "it was predictable".

We'll have to wait and see. Because I still have difficulties seeing a simple Tatsuya/Miyuki ending based on these relevations in the at least 5th-to-last novel.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 09:12   Link #1042
Clutchdog

I think the difference was simply "I don't want to believe" as opposed to "it was hard to predict".

But everyone is of course free to choose what they believe in.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 09:33   Link #1043
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
I think the difference was simply "I don't want to believe" as opposed to "it was hard to predict".

But everyone is of course free to choose what they believe in.
Okay, so you are on record that Mahouka will end with Tatsuya married to Miyuki?
Old 2015-05-04, 09:38   Link #1044
Clutchdog

Married or engaged, yes. You could have asked me this same question at the end of volume 1 and I'd have given you the same answer.
Old 2015-05-04, 09:39   Link #1045
Narvi

Quote:
You guys can't honestly claim to be shocked, right?
More like disappointed. If Tatsuya, in the end, ends up with Miyuki. In my opinion, it won't be anymore better than the ending of KONO S O, MI YO! I want these two to be happy, but I don't won't them to end up with each other.
Narvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 09:43   Link #1046
Clutchdog

Unfortunately the reference is lost on me but the entire scenario so far I think is more along the lines of "they can only be happy if they end up with each other".
Old 2015-05-04, 09:45   Link #1047
Mentar
Banned

Which is why I suspect that Mahouka could be going to have a different conclusion. By tackling the Tatsuya/Miyuki issue head-on before the climax of the show, the author might very well have the chance to develop and motivate a _different_ resolution properly without having all Tatsuya/Miyuki fans up in arms.

The romantic matches for Tatsuya/Miyuki are a big big thing for the story. Simply joining them by decree of the clan head so early in the story... this is the best the author can do? Do you really think so?
Old 2015-05-04, 10:00   Link #1048
Narvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The romantic matches for Tatsuya/Miyuki are a big big thing for the story. Simply joining them by decree of the clan head so early in the story... this is the best the author can do? Do you really think so?
No I don't think that. I do believe/hope Sato is a better writer than that. But hey, as some would say, "Hope for the best but expect the worst". The possibility still exists.

Last edited by Narvi; 2015-05-04 at 10:11.
Old 2015-05-04, 10:06   Link #1049
Clutchdog

Well, I think it's altogether impossible. There is no way to have them end up differently and not make it tacky as all hell at this point. Besides they've been all over each other for 16 volumes.
The reason why this pairing is so obvious is that they're both the reason of existence for the other party. And in the anime and manga/LN world that sort of bond doesn't disappear.
I'm actually feeling even a bit bad for Masaki, thinking about how much of a rude awakening he will have in the next volume when Miyuki gets legitimately upset at him for trying to get in the way.

And I don't think there is anything bad regarding this development, so I can't really comment. I think the story has been slowly moving towards this point and the signs were there.
Old 2015-05-04, 16:17   Link #1050
Armando99

Quote:
Well, I think it's altogether impossible. There is no way to have them end up differently and not make it tacky as all hell at this point. Besides they've been all over each other for 16 volumes.
The reason why this pairing is so obvious is that they're both the reason of existence for the other party. And in the anime and manga/LN world that sort of bond doesn't disappear.
I'm actually feeling even a bit bad for Masaki, thinking about how much of a rude awakening he will have in the next volume when Miyuki gets legitimately upset at him for trying to get in the way.

And I don't think there is anything bad regarding this development, so I can't really comment. I think the story has been slowly moving towards this point and the signs were there.

Agree with you there Clutchdog. I also had the same impression, at the beginning, that somehow the author will pair the two together before the end.

Besides, if the spoilers are right that the novel will end at 20 volumes, it is the perfect timing to do so. The rest of the story can now be used to clarify the pairing and some other issues related to them, their clan, and friends.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 17:36   Link #1051
Mentar
Banned

Respectfully disagree with that. If we stipulate 20 volumes, linking Tatsuya with Miyuki in volume 16 is terrible timing. If you want to let both of them end, the normal drama arc would demand that a development towards them is started around now, and eventually concluded in volume 20. Maybe at the end of 19. Definitely NOT in 16. And not in such an unromantic, borderline creepy way - ordered by the clan head. If the both of them are going to have a happy ending, then they will have to go through MASSIVE turmoil and drama in the next volumes first.

In fact, it is exactly the timing issue which makes me believe that this is not going to be the end pairing.
Old 2015-05-04, 18:16   Link #1052
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Respectfully disagree with that. If we stipulate 20 volumes, linking Tatsuya with Miyuki in volume 16 is terrible timing. If you want to let both of them end, the normal drama arc would demand that a development towards them is started around now, and eventually concluded in volume 20. Maybe at the end of 19. Definitely NOT in 16. And not in such an unromantic, borderline creepy way - ordered by the clan head. If the both of them are going to have a happy ending, then they will have to go through MASSIVE turmoil and drama in the next volumes first.

In fact, it is exactly the timing issue which makes me believe that this is not going to be the end pairing.
I'm with you on that. I don't believe they will drag the current situation until the end. Why give the other females development in the first place. Mayumi is an excellent example for that. In my eyes nothing is decided yet. Only the route has got a other direction for now. We should wait for the next volumes to have a better point of view on that.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 23:43   Link #1053
Armando99

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion on how the story should go. Unfortunately, it is not going the way some of you want to. The spoilers are just that until someone has translated the full volume. Translated properly not some machine.

Spoilers they maybe, but they do portend on what the probable ending of the story is going to be which, imo, was already apparent from the start. Only the supporting details needed to be provided, which the author is obviously providing now.
Old 2015-05-06, 04:25   Link #1054
tuckersister

I feel bad for Mayumi.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 07:24   Link #1055
Clashmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I'm with you on that. I don't believe they will drag the current situation until the end. Why give the other females development in the first place. Mayumi is an excellent example for that. In my eyes nothing is decided yet. Only the route has got a other direction for now. We should wait for the next volumes to have a better point of view on that.
We wouldn't have a good story if he didn't do that,now would we?
Honaka was out of the race in vol 5,Erika pretty much respects his strength and Lina shares a similar military life that was pretty much forced on her.

Throughout the story,i loved Mayumi and Tatsuya's interactions which always played on the elder sister/senpai teasing /getting teased by Tatsuya.After every volume we could see Mayumi's feelings develop more towards the romantic side,but from Tatsuya's side there was zero,nothing,nada change in his feelings towards Mayumi or any other girl for that matter.From beginning Sato shoved MiyukixTatsuya in our faces,going as far as telling us now that they were made for each other.I'll would have been suprised if Sato didn't go this road he has been building towards for years now

Now i'm kinda scared for MKNR's endgame though,from vol 16 i get the feeling that from now on what awaits Tatsuya & Miyuki is a big tragedy,with all the talk about him destroying the world if she dies
Clashmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 09:18   Link #1056
Narvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashmore View Post
Now i'm kinda scared for MKNR's endgame though,from vol 16 i get the feeling that from now on what awaits Tatsuya & Miyuki is a big tragedy,with all the talk about him destroying the world if she dies
That would be a happy ending in my book though.
Old 2015-05-07, 04:43   Link #1057
Armando99

There will be some drama. Maybe even a threat on Miyuki or even Tatsuya but, they will be resolved as usual as there are not that many credible treats to both of them. I said both of them because they are almost always with each other and even if separated, Tatsuya always has his "eyes" on Miyuki.

Just imagine if both their powers are not shielded.
Old 2015-05-10, 05:05   Link #1058
zerozeronine

Remember,even though Mahouka has harem tendencies it never really followed it's rules,and forcing your idea of the typical harem series scenarios (like harem endings or no clear end girl until the final chapter of the series),saying that the author is slipping by making Miyuki the end girl this early is wrong.All ships are dead.We should be applauding the author for developing other girls or giving actual character development to the girls unlike other series that severely lacks character development,or thinking that ecchi fanservice scenes with the male MC are character development's
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 06:13   Link #1059
CrFl

I am disappointed. I was Ok with Tats/Miyuki relationships till this moment, because I thought it was nothing serious.
Now I hope Miyuki dies before they marry and have children or Tats somehow cures her from her "modifications" so she would be able to love someone else.
CrFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 06:33   Link #1060
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrFl View Post
I am disappointed. I was Ok with Tats/Miyuki relationships till this moment, because I thought it was nothing serious.
Now I hope Miyuki dies before they marry and have children or Tats somehow cures her from her "modifications" so she would be able to love someone else.
Why?wasn't it obvious from the start and the other girls (even though I like them too,especially Honoka,Erika and Lina) were merely distractions?The author even had interviews that he intend them to pair up and have a happy ending
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote