Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 02:42   Link #381
Rima-Chan
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
FINALLY!!! I'm listening to the Phi Brain OST (titled Quebra Cabeça) and OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD. I haven't been so excited about an OST since Sengoku Basara (that also had fantastic OSTs). I love this sort of BGMs - real instruments, real vocals, real creativity, it's clear that much thought went into it, instead of the synthetic plom-plom that anime like Phi Brain usually have. It doesn't overpower the anime but does a great job complementing it, and yet it can also be enjoyed on its own (if you like listening to soundtracks).

Oh, and it has "Koi no puzzle wo toite" aka the Puzzle Queen Elena song (by Nakajima Megumi).

Seriously, how did Phi Brain end up with such a great OST? The amount of care this show has been getting from the producers is rather baffling. Not that I'm complaining...
I know!! I was surprised myself how good it is I can't stop listening to it <3 Some tracks even make me wanna dance! And I'm seriously thinking of making some of them into my ringtone xD
Rima-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:03   Link #382
Diveman

Fun puzzle this time, but Anna being useless as usual was kinda dissapointing. Still I like the OO villians, they seem really into what they do and their personalities are well established.

So Hoist is supposed to be like the referee on Medabots? just chill in there and explain the rules?

Melancholy is so cute too lol
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 13:43   Link #383
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Doubt really knows how to piss Gyammon off. Like how Elena and Kaito helped him wake up from his anger. Nice POG helping out.
Old 2012-05-07, 13:51   Link #384
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Interesting how Gammon still has ties with the POG and is helping them become a less shady organization. Seems like they're profiting from Gammon's puzzles. I like how Kaito put his own mark on Gammon's old puzzles. And how that made Gammon realize that puzzles meant more to him than he thought.
Old 2012-05-07, 16:00   Link #385
kuromitsu

I finally got around watching the episode... well well, yet another Gammon-centric development. It's a bit weird seeing him being so protective of Miharu, when he left her just like that, without money and food and everything, ing season 1... ^^;; Anyway, it was fun seeing Kaito get back at him. XD
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 02:25   Link #386
Rima-Chan
lurker

@Kuromitsu
I believe he left huge sum of money to her before he left that time, remember Nonoha's reaction when she saw the check, hahaha xD
Besides, POG at that time was after Kaito and friends, and Orpheus Order now is after Kaito'n'Friends (xD) and their greater goal is to mess with inteligence of whole humanity xD so I can understand why he was all "WTF? You sickos!!" when Doubt invited him
(lol everyone want's Gammon xD Gammon is fabulous~ xP)

I loved how they dealt with Gammon's problem this week We can rest assured now that he, most likely, won't be the one switching sides this season xD
However, Nonoha seems to repeat a lot "I don't really understand" line, which makes me fear that she'll betray Kaito in the end
U know, not being able to solve puzzles and shit, and feeling lost in their puzzle world, she must be feeling like fifth wheel of the group and is probably afraid that they'll leave her behind eventually. So she might of her own will accept OO's view on things about making humans super smart and join their cause :/ (and it made me anxious to wait for the episode titled " Truth of a smile" that's coming out next month. I don't know what the hell could it be about then Nonoha O___O Truth behind Freecell's creepy smile? I don't think so >__<)
Old 2012-05-08, 08:08   Link #387
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rima-Chan View Post
@Kuromitsu
I believe he left huge sum of money to her before he left that time, remember Nonoha's reaction when she saw the check, hahaha xD
True, I forgot about that. XD;; But he didn't seem worried about how she's spending that money and how she was doing and so on. ^^;; (I really wonder how he explained the whole thing to Miharu after it all ended. XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rima-Chan View Post
(lol everyone want's Gammon xD Gammon is fabulous~ xP)
He is, isn't he! XDDD

I hope Nonoha won't betray Kaito - at first I thought they were going to brainwash her like they did with Tamaki and Airi, but apparently that's over? But I bet they'll try to use her against Kaito in one way or another... (I guess we're back to "Go Nonoha!! Fight Nonoha!!" )
Old 2012-05-08, 08:19   Link #388
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I hope Nonoha won't betray Kaito - at first I thought they were going to brainwash her like they did with Tamaki and Airi, but apparently that's over? But I bet they'll try to use her against Kaito in one way or another... (I guess we're back to "Go Nonoha!! Fight Nonoha!!" )
I can't see Nonoha outright betraying Kaito. However, I can see Nonoha being tricked into doing something that seems like betrayal because she's been convinced by Orpheus that the something is what is necessary to protect Kaito.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 20:21   Link #389
mayumi

it seems like this is the season of everyone has some darkness in them. so no matter how cheerful and strong ninoha is, i am sure she feels left out whenever the guys leave her behind on puzzle solving expeditions.
its just matter of how OO will use her darkness. will they control her or will she feel left out and think she needs to prove herself in some way so kaito actually notices her darkness in her heart.

remember last time kaito and nonoha had a disagreement when he made fun of her for not being able to solve puzzles and called her stupid. last time she proved useful in other ways to kaito like pulling him back to reality with her hug etc. maybe this time something can happen that she feels really left behind that she can't reach him.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 10:05   Link #390
Diveman

oh? so the OO guys become students in the same school as Kaito, interesting. Next ep Melancholy strikes again, and apparently she's older than she looks? at least that's what she says in the preview.
Old 2012-05-10, 14:18   Link #391
Rima-Chan
lurker

Ya! They put out summaries for next two episodes on the site :3 It looks like next puzzle challenge will drag out few episodes, huuu~....:3
And with this info, now it's possible that " Truth of the smille" episode, might be about Anna
Old 2012-05-13, 11:35   Link #392
kuromitsu

Ep 6 - Wow, this puzzle is pretty exciting. I already like the Orpheus Order more than the PoG, of course it doesn't hurt that they already have more personality than the PoG baddies.

Spoiler for ep 6:

I can't wait for the second match!
Old 2012-05-13, 18:17   Link #393
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man i got excited thinking Nonoha would be in the match as well, but Kaito will play twice. So Kaito should have remembered them by now if they were at Crossfield with him. Though if they all hold a grudge like Melancholy, that be funny.
Old 2012-05-14, 16:33   Link #394
Rima-Chan
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Oh man i got excited thinking Nonoha would be in the match as well, but Kaito will play twice. So Kaito should have remembered them by now if they were at Crossfield with him. Though if they all hold a grudge like Melancholy, that be funny.
Yeah...Every time I get my hopes high that Nonoha will finally get some bigger part in this game- we get trolled xD It's kind of funny thou. She's starting to become more of comic relief. I guess it's not her time yet :3

I wonder how much episodes this duel will last. It appears that next episode we'll finally find out contents of Kaito's (forgotten) promise to Freecell. Or atleast some of it. It looks like it's gonna get serious after this. Like with Rooks first appearance in S1 when he came to visit Kaito and took him to that tower. :/
Which would mean we can expect some awesome shit from that point on xD
Old 2012-05-15, 20:38   Link #395
Diveman

lol at Melancholy's reason, I cant help but think Anna is gonna lose in another dumb way, Gyamon will prob win and so will kaito vs the glasses dude. That'd leave it 2-2, making Kaito vs Freecell the deciding game.

I still can't get enough of Melancholy, she's so NGHHHHH

Also, what was the point of wearing the crossfield uniforms only for that? they should have continued wearing them during the duel.
Old 2012-05-19, 03:30   Link #396
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
lol at Melancholy's reason, I cant help but think Anna is gonna lose in another dumb way, Gyamon will prob win and so will kaito vs the glasses dude. That'd leave it 2-2, making Kaito vs Freecell the deciding game.
I really wish Ana will be more usefull this time,he was last season.Same with Nonoha,they hyped her memory skills early in season 1 (she saved everyone by knowing her way around the maze back in the very first episode) but that seems to have gone out the window.

One thing I am liking more this season is Orpheus Order,much more charismatic characters than POG.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:46   Link #397
Diveman

what puzzles me (lol) is how Kaito can't remember them if they were at the same academy as him. I wonder if something happened that blocked his memories and that we get a decent explanation other than "lol I just forgot".
Old 2012-05-20, 13:41   Link #398
kuromitsu

Ep 7 - Oh my god, the love quadrangles! XD Seriously, wtf NHK?? xD;; Not that I'm complaining, but really... XD

Spoiler for ep 7:

Looks like Ana's going to kick ass in the next ep! Go Ana, go! And also go Nonoha! She's featured quite prominently in the OP, I hope she'll have a bigger role in S2...
Old 2012-05-20, 22:25   Link #399
mayumi

EP 7 - Poor Freecell got ditched for Rook? Well then I am sure him getting jelly with Nonoha like Rook did is going to come on screen soon enough. Kaito has so many stalkers and broken promises it is not even funny anymore.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 22:43   Link #400
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

I think that at some point in the future Rook will make a return, puzzle duel with Freecell and loses...This is SO bound to happen, at least I'm pretty sure that Rook will get involved in some way or another.

As for Nonoha, I am starting to get disappointed of how she is handled. She is now reduced to a noisy, joke character that is not even funny. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I want to see her genius and level-headed, but it would have been better if they utilize her photographic memory more...just let she get into action once in a while ; [] ;

And Kaito, seriously, what's with your fetish for breaking the hearts of white-haired shota and left them to grow up as a yandere shonen? lol

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Original Illust: Yomo (http://yea.jp/taimando/)
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote