AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-21, 14:43   Link #4701
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Easy fix to that would be to have him run out of batteries, and he needs to purge the packs anyhow, same result
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 15:02   Link #4702
monster

I don't remember the fight being that long for battery issues to occur, especially with Mu as the pilot.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 15:40   Link #4703
I Fail at Life

Umm, that sounds nice but I don't think they should . I think it's best to just keep thet scene as it is, there's nothing wrong with it.

That's just more unnecessary money from the budget, going into animating Perfect Strike for a scene that could be left as the original. And instead use that money that dosen't need to be used for Mendel to animating Perfect Strike vs Providence.

Not trying to come off the wrong way
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 15:53   Link #4704
quagmire

Then what would be Mwu's logic of just going with the Launcher Strike over the Perfect Strike?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 15:57   Link #4705
monster

Yeah, that's my only concern of going with the original scene.
Old 2012-09-21, 16:11   Link #4706
I Fail at Life

I think that's because that's the Pack he already had on the battlefield, when he sensed Rau. Unless you mean why wouldn't he just go and change packs.
Old 2012-09-21, 16:25   Link #4707
monster

Mu should just be using Perfect Strike all along.
Old 2012-09-21, 16:38   Link #4708
I Fail at Life

That means Animating Perfect Strike in every scene it was originally never in. I think that's too much considering the budget, best to just sprinkle it in here and there and Perfect Strike vs Providence.
Old 2012-09-21, 17:01   Link #4709
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
I think that's because that's the Pack he already had on the battlefield, when he sensed Rau. Unless you mean why wouldn't he just go and change packs.
Why would Mwu choose the Launcher Strike when he originally sortied to fight the Earth Forces when he has Perfect Strike available? Unless they have Murdock say, " We have to do maintenance on the Perfect Strike" and forces Mwu to stick with the regular packs, it doesn't make sense for Mwu to limit the Strike's abilities like that.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:28   Link #4710
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Why would Mwu choose the Launcher Strike when he originally sortied to fight the Earth Forces when he has Perfect Strike available? Unless they have Murdock say, " We have to do maintenance on the Perfect Strike" and forces Mwu to stick with the regular packs, it doesn't make sense for Mwu to limit the Strike's abilities like that.
Because the umm.... umm.. see the uhh... cause

Nah but seriously. Im just speaking on why Perfect Strike wouldn't be animated in every scene. *shrugs* I don't know why Mwu just wouldn't pilot the Perfect Strike all the time. I would be sittin here forever trying to come up with a hamfisted reason as to why.

So let's all come up with a reason as to why dosen't he just use Perfect Strike all the time. Who's First
Old 2012-09-21, 18:40   Link #4711
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

The Perfect Strike can't keep up with him?
Old 2012-09-21, 18:54   Link #4712
I Fail at Life

Not enough battery packs
Old 2012-09-21, 23:06   Link #4713
monster

Fine, here it is:

Have Mu launch in the Perfect Strike. Sometime during the battle with the Dominion, the Aile and Sword are damaged, forcing Mu to discard them. With an impaired Launcher Strike, Mu returns to the Archangel to resupply, but then senses Rau's presence and decides there's no time to waste.
Old 2012-09-21, 23:21   Link #4714
Aquaman OS

Keep in mind they cannot add any new dialogue to the Remaster eps. They're using the original voice track.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:31   Link #4715
monster

Well, it doesn't require new dialogue.
Old 2012-09-21, 23:54   Link #4716
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Fine, here it is:

Have Mu launch in the Perfect Strike. Sometime during the battle with the Dominion, the Aile and Sword are damaged, forcing Mu to discard them. With an impaired Launcher Strike, Mu returns to the Archangel to resupply, but then senses Rau's presence and decides there's no time to waste.
But in the old footage, Mu was fighting Rau with full Launcher pack with the backpack included. Perfect Strike doesn’t have Launcher’s backpack. So, if they make it like you suggested, they still have to re-draw/re-animate Strike Launcher with a damaged Aile’s backpack which doesn’t help the cost imo .
Old 2012-09-21, 23:58   Link #4717
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But in the old footage, Mu was fighting Rau with full Launcher pack with the backpack included. Perfect Strike doesn’t have Launcher’s backpack. So, if they make it like you suggested, they still have to re-draw/re-animate Strike Launcher with a damaged Aile’s backpack which doesn’t help the cost imo .
If they don't want cost, they wouldn't add the Perfect Strike in the first place.
Old 2012-09-22, 00:17   Link #4718
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
If they don't want cost, they wouldn't add the Perfect Strike in the first place.
If that’s the case, might as well just damage the Aile pack so that Mu can get it on with Rau’s GuAIZ with Sword & Launcher intact. If Mu lost, it’s still justified coz his MS is a lot slower without Aile’s thrusters.
Old 2012-09-22, 01:52   Link #4719
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If that’s the case, might as well just damage the Aile pack so that Mu can get it on with Rau’s GuAIZ with Sword & Launcher intact. If Mu lost, it’s still justified coz his MS is a lot slower without Aile’s thrusters.
With the Sword intact, Mu would still be able to defend himself better than without it.
Old 2012-09-22, 02:41   Link #4720
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
With the Sword intact, Mu would still be able to defend himself better than without it.
I defend the Sword-pack partly from the aesthetic POV coz the battle will be much more engaging with it (that’s what Sunrise/Bandai wants, right?). Plus, Sword-pack will still add some considerable weight to the suit which will slow it down even more and makes it defeatable by GuAIZ with a decent pilot (Rau).

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep