AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-19, 23:39   Link #23041
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So when they said she doesn't use magic against Mikoto, isn't that just her style?
in no time at Kanzaki SS is suggested that, but yes there is a passage where she says that Kanzaki is the same in the sense that she had trained their skills to the extreme. soon after she got the Gungnir and could invoke lightning, magma from the earth, etc.. I will not say that there is 0% chance of it not include offensive spells in his abilities or prefer not to use, but there is no passage in no time she gives the impression that this is her style, as I said, we expect that the details of the fight against railgun.
Old 2013-01-20, 00:33   Link #23042
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

sigh...I am so disappointed that Touma being given an earful by Misaka wasn't narrated/written. I could imagine how it went but it doesn't give the same warm and fuzzy feeling of actually reading it. It would have been nice if it included Cendrillon being interrogated by Misaka and denying any feelings she may have for our IDTI hero.
Old 2013-01-20, 00:42   Link #23043
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
sigh...I am so disappointed that Touma being given an earful by Misaka wasn't narrated/written. I could imagine how it went but it doesn't give the same warm and fuzzy feeling of actually reading it. It would have been nice if it included Cendrillon being interrogated by Misaka and denying any feelings she may have for our IDTI hero.
I agree... I agree completely.

But we can only move on. Let's hope the fights make up for it.
Old 2013-01-20, 00:48   Link #23044
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I agree... I agree completely.

But we can only move on. Let's hope the fights make up for it.
Amen my brother. Maybe we will find out what happened at that time in the future should Touma ever flashback to that delightful conversation. I wonder if Cendrillon has fallen to the Kami-yan disease? look forward to seeing her in future volumes.
Old 2013-01-20, 01:12   Link #23045
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
well, it is said in the spoiler that Brunhild did not use any magic against Mikoto, if this is true, and Mikoto fight with everything, so for me as an act that would devalue her, but we will see how the fight, I thought the volume would be horrible, but it's very good.
You realize that Brunhild is one of the rare hybrid of Saint and Valkyrie in the world right? Even without magic, unless under a certain timing, she already is a very strong individual that not even strong magician can fight evenly(case in point, Kanzaki can just just walk over Touma without using magic at all, and he's arguably stronger physically than Mikoto). How would beating her, even without her using magic, devalue Mikoto?
Old 2013-01-20, 01:32   Link #23046
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
You realize that Brunhild is one of the rare hybrid of Saint and Valkyrie in the world right? Even without magic, unless under a certain timing, she already is a very strong individual that not even strong magician can fight evenly(case in point, Kanzaki can just just walk over Touma without using magic at all, and he's arguably stronger physically than Mikoto). How would beating her, even without her using magic, devalue Mikoto?
I'm just saying that if Brunhild can use very powerful offensive spells and did not use them against Mikoto just struggling with her ​​physical skills, and if Mikoto to use all his powers against her and still fight for equality means that Brunhild got to taking it easy with her, if two enemies are fighting and one of them is giving their all and the other can stay in equality without using its full potential, it does not mean that the first is being made a fool of?

let the calm, this is the first fight between a saint and a level 5, it is statement based on "if." As mentioned Chaos2Frozen, perhaps the true fighting style of Brunhild is supported only on their physical skills using magic as support.
Old 2013-01-20, 02:03   Link #23047
tsunade666

I doubt Brunhild doesn't have any offensive spells. She just doesn't need it. Remember the fight between Aqua and Kaori when the 2 are spamming spells or more like Kaori is spamming spells and Aqua is just shrugging it off with brute force.

Aqua in his dual saint nature just tank the spell attacks on him and the spell he used that time are more like support spell like the water gliding and to power his attacks to insane strength and also to jump high and make himself like a meteor colliding on earth. Its more on support and power up.

When Aqua lost his dual saint nature. He start using Ascalon which is broken sword too. It also leads to few spell cast but in the time with the in WW III. We are shown how Aqua uses offensive spells. Spells like the ones that cause tsunami of water in 100 meter height just to wash away a Russian military based.

Saints have offensive type spells but most of the time. We aren't just shown on how they used it because most of the time. Just brute strength is enough to beat the enemy.

Though its only a spoiler that Brunhild doesn't use magic against Mikoto. We can't judge it yet because we haven't read it yet. Let's just wait for it to be translated.

As for Mikoto meeting up with Touma when Thor trolls Mikoto that Touma is meeting up with another girl. I doubt that they even met at all. It looks to me that Thor is just baiting Mikoto and he doesn't really guide her to meet Touma. If Thor has time to even let the 2 meet then he has more time to locate the other enemy. And Touma is already suffering with blood lost and a troublesome biribiri will just kill him. Thor doesn't want his ally to kill each other as long as they are useful So I think Thor just talk with Mikoto.
Old 2013-01-20, 03:51   Link #23048
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
So regarding why Chapter 7, Part 1 contains only a one-liner:
Spoiler for involves context from yet-to-be translated content:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-01-20, 03:57   Link #23049
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So if Brunhild doesn't use offensive spells and Mikoto doesn't use her Railguns, would it be an even fight ?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
So regarding why Chapter 7, Part 1 contains only a one-liner:
Spoiler for involves context from yet-to-be translated content:
You got to be having a laugh ?!?
Old 2013-01-20, 04:06   Link #23050
tsunade666

I still think railgun is overpower for your typical railgun and just been too much highlighted as her ace attack. I still think light travels faster than 3x the speed of sound -_- and still think lightning attacks are far crueler than railgun.
Old 2013-01-20, 04:24   Link #23051
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I still think railgun is overpower for your typical railgun and just been too much highlighted as her ace attack. I still think light travels faster than 3x the speed of sound -_- and still think lightning attacks are far crueler than railgun.
You have a point, and she did once make roasted AIM-burst monster with a "plain" lightning attack.

And there are the ironsand weapons which are also quite deadly. Then again, I can picture a Saint going: "ah, that's a nice massage" if attacked with vibrating ironsand...
Old 2013-01-20, 04:51   Link #23052
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Then again, I can picture a Saint going: "ah, that's a nice massage" if attacked with vibrating ironsand...
You would think so huh.... But if she accelerates it to railgun speed and beyond, you're talking about a weapon that Academy City used to carve a valley of lava around Avignon.
Old 2013-01-20, 04:51   Link #23053
Twi

Quote:
You have a point, and she did once make roasted AIM-burst monster with a "plain" lightning attack.

And there are the ironsand weapons which are also quite deadly. Then again, I can picture a Saint going: "ah, that's a nice massage" if attacked with vibrating ironsand...
Saints are among the elites of magic users when trained. Mikoto might be the Level 5 Electromaster, but unless she pulls some abilities we haven't seen out of her rear, either the Valkyrie isn't trying very hard or I'm calling hax.

In fact, all she has to do is trick her into performing magic and we'll have a repeat of Accelerator and Dolphin girl. This isn't even close to a fair fight.
Old 2013-01-20, 04:51   Link #23054
tsunade666

I don't know if its right to use double jesus Aqua as a base for saint because he really is notable but well. he just shrug an attack that should turn anything into nothing and its in molecular level kind of attack and also he doesn't even faze from bombardments in 360 degress spell spam from Kaori. Maybe its just because its Aqua. SUPERMAN!!!!

I'm picturing the saint just sitting around and see it through.
Old 2013-01-20, 04:55   Link #23055
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
In fact, all she has to do is trick her into performing magic and we'll have a repeat of Accelerator and Dolphin girl. This isn't even close to a fair fight.
That's not going to happen. Since when do Saints rely on tricks?

And looking back at that scene, it took like five guys to pull it off and four of them were killed, does that sound like something you want to try?
Old 2013-01-20, 05:00   Link #23056
Sumeragi
Banned

I have the feeling Miko-Chin has never gone 100% yet. It's like what Superman said in the last episode of Justice League Unlimited: She's been holding back so as not to kill someone.
Old 2013-01-20, 05:03   Link #23057
whitecloud

yeah...saint is just basically super saiyan without fancy light up, just wham.. bam...thats all folks kind of people...

if mikoto want at least a tiny bit of chance she better be more creative in creating variation of attack...after all electricity do have many form...even though i have no good idea...

@sumeragi mikoto better be more serious, if her enemy is human maybe, but her enemy is basically super saiyan
Old 2013-01-20, 05:07   Link #23058
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I have the feeling Miko-Chin has never gone 100% yet. It's like what Superman said in the last episode of Justice League Unlimited: She's been holding back so as not to kill someone.
Didn't superman also get hit with the agony matrix afterwards?
Granted, it was because Darkside was a little b*tch and got scared, but the point stands.

And I'm not using Acqua as a reference. Remember, saints surpass humans in most aspects because of their bodies. Kanzaki would've killed Touma if she had wanted to instead of beating the living tar out of him so that Index couldn't run away in the first volume. Mikoto's still human, a teenager with an underdeveloped, fragile body at that, and probably can't tank a hit strong enough that even Touma would quake.

A good hit will send her flying. I'm pretty sure her reflexes can't keep up if a Saint decided to break the sound barrier and nail her, even if her electroperception picks it up. She's not facing just any magician, she's facing one of the less than 20 saints and one who's also a Valkyrie.

This is big leagues, even if the saint decides to go easy.
Old 2013-01-20, 05:09   Link #23059
NeutralZero

Mikoto against a Valkyrie/saint...
If she dare hold back in fear of killing Brunhild then she's bound to lose...
In a way it will also be a big step forward for her to be in the same place Touma is standing right now...
Old 2013-01-20, 05:10   Link #23060
OverNOut
The Obsever

Will Brunhild be fighting as a Saint or Valkyrie since she can't use both abilities to their fullest potential otherwise they will cancel each other out and she'll be left as a regular magician.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen