AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-30, 00:52   Link #1
LK_LoA

Radio Drama

The anime is finished but you want more. The anime studio isn't making any more episodes and no OVA/movie is expected. What do you do? You get the radio drama on CD!

According to my Chii-loving friend, the Chobits radio drama is really nice with the funniest moment being a Macross parody where Hideki has a "watashi no kanojo wa pilotto" moment. XD

Vandread radio drama has a Cinderella episode where Hibiki is Cinderella and all the girls want to be the prince.

I'm currently listening to the ROD TV radio drama. Hishishi does a cute 'oniichan' and Nancy is in a seifuku. XD

I'm also curious about the DearS Drama CD -> http://www.team-dears.com/images/info_0928_cd2.jpg

Last edited by LK_LoA; 2004-09-30 at 01:19.
Old 2004-09-30, 08:47   Link #2
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Radio drama are really quite good.

Just listening to the dialogue, background music and sound effect has some real advantages. You've already seen the series so you have a good concept of the character's mannerisms and appearence which means it's completely upto you to invision the scenes the voice actors are acting out. This makes them ever so enjoyable since you can imagine the scenes as absurdly or realisticly as you want.

I personally love the Neon Genesis Evangelion radio drama.
I recently got the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou radio dramas, just need to listen to them now.
Old 2004-09-30, 10:43   Link #3
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Speaking of radio dramas...

The Sakura Taisen series in Japan has about 5 distinct drama series, each with 3-4 discs per series including full soundtracks and vocal songs. They're releasing a complete collection later this year for... 30,000yen ;-; I've got several of the drama series soundtracks, and all of the Sakura Taisen 2 drama CD series, plus "Tsubasa" from the very first.

Also, Scrapped Princess and Maburaho were both radio dramas seveal years before being animated. Released on those mini 6cm CDs, they're pretty hard to find and very expensive when you do (the K-Books in Akihabara had drama CDs for both of those and a few others in a glass case near the entrance with a pricetag of about 6000yen per disc... six discs per series.

There's also one out there for Uninhabited Planet Survive, if you can watch the show without subtitles it's worth checking out.
Old 2004-10-01, 00:01   Link #4
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I personally love the Neon Genesis Evangelion radio drama.
What's that like?

And, um, where does it pick up from?

SCC
Old 2004-10-01, 09:06   Link #5
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
What's that like?

And, um, where does it pick up from?

SCC
It falls, roughly, between the defeat of the last angel and the movies... although it has nothing to add to the story plot wise.

Featuring just about the entire vocal cast from the show, the drama is a comical farce and showcases the humor aspect of Evangelion. The cast covers such material as a newly designed plug suit and the premise of the pilots forming a sentai team; it ends with the cast having to rely on nothing but their own vocal cords to provide background music and sound effects for an episode. Also included in the drama track is Pen-pen speaking! I found it hard to stop laughing while listening to it, especially when Rei starts talking like a rabid fangirl.
Old 2004-10-01, 16:40   Link #6
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
With toast in her mouth?

SCC

Last edited by StoneColdCrazy; 2004-10-01 at 16:40. Reason: Oh no. Worst typo ever...
Old 2004-10-01, 16:44   Link #7
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
With toast in her mouth?

SCC
Worse...

She basically starts-talking-faster-and-faster-until-itsnearimpossibletodistingushthewordsthatsheisspea king...

Old 2004-10-01, 20:46   Link #8
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Quote:
She basically starts-talking-faster-and-faster-until-itsnearimpossibletodistingushthewordsthatsheisspea king...
I don't know what the original Japanese was, but my favourite is her use of
Spoiler:
in the english dub...

SCC
Old 2004-10-01, 22:42   Link #9
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
I don't know what the original Japanese was, but my favourite is her use of
Spoiler:
in the english dub...

SCC
Unfortunately, the original Japanese isn't quite as funny. In the Japanese she only says 'what, you two doing [it]?' The English adaptation of that line has to be the single best translation ever. ^^
Old 2004-10-02, 05:12   Link #10
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Quote:
Unfortunately, the original Japanese isn't quite as funny. In the Japanese she only says 'what, you two doing [it]?' The English adaptation of that line has to be the single best translation ever. ^^
Winn-Lee is naughty. The cast commentary track on Death and Rebirth is worth a listen too, to hear her (and the cast) giggling about (More major Eva spoilers)
Spoiler:

SCC
Old 2004-10-03, 11:54   Link #11
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Shinobuden drama cd's are great. Can't wait to get the third one. In the second one, like the half the time the "steamy" music is playing, so take a wild guess as to what the content is like in that cd.
Closed Thread