AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-25, 01:15   Link #221
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think what you see with him is what you get to be honest.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-25, 01:15   Link #222
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So, what, Code Geass is actually a much-more drawn out Gurren Lagann?
Anything being compared to Gurren lagann shall explode from GARoverload. Thats how epic TTGL is.

I hope CG doesn't go that way ;_;
Old 2008-06-25, 01:16   Link #223
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, it would be bad if they did the ending the same in one regard. Though something like that would more likely have happened with C.C. rather than Kallen.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-25, 01:19   Link #224
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I said BEFORE the Trojan War.
Oh yeah he's probably sowing his fields with salt even as we speak

Quote:
Odysseus doesn't strike me as a schemer or a strategist. Hence why Lulu called him something like "mediocre prince". I think Guinevere is the schemer and perhaps she is using him for her personal gain (in the guise of "helping" him).
You know Palpatine? The emperor from star wars? Everyone called him the small and quiet senator that nobody cared about and looked what happened.
Old 2008-06-25, 01:19   Link #225
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, it would be bad if they did the ending the same in one regard. Though something like that would more likely have happened with C.C. rather than Kallen.
Let's try not to compare it too much. My TTGL comment was due to TTGL's heroes defeating one enemy, only to find out there's a much greater enemy behind them. That's all.
Old 2008-06-25, 01:20   Link #226
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

There were hints about though and I don't think we'll see something like that happen with him. Though it would be very surprising.

Quote:
Let's try not to compare it too much. My TTGL comment was due to TTGL's heroes defeating one enemy, only to find out there's a much greater enemy behind them. That's all.
On that, I could see it happening. It depends on the nature of these Gods V.V. wants dead I guess.

Old 2008-06-25, 01:21   Link #227
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Throws a hint.
I know that story, but I don't understand what you are trying to imply.

Are you saying that Odysseus (CG) is intentionally feigning to be a "dunce" but is in actuality planning some type of scheme or coup with Guinevere because Odysseus (Illiad) pretended to be insane to get out of being sent to the Trojan War?

If that is correct, then it is interesting speculation, but the only basis for it is the symbolism of the name.

To even feign stupidity is actually very hard, especially for someone like a crown prince who has their whole life dedicated to royal court matters and should become the 1st in line as Emperor if he had some ability to rule.

And while motives can be found for doing something like that, I don't really see any great ones. I mean, he's the crown prince, the first born.

If I am totally wrong, I apologize.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-06-25 at 01:34.
Old 2008-06-25, 01:49   Link #228
etothex

I think Odysseus is pulling the imbecile charade too, but I don't think it matters. He's the Rivalz of the Royal Court. Right when he busts out the Ha! because he is finally able to one-up Schneizel, he'll get crushed by a falling building or some other ignominious, pitiable demise.
Old 2008-06-25, 02:03   Link #229
yamibakura

Quote:
I seriously hope not since it would mean she will become the final antagonist along with C.C., but it's seeming more likely.
I thought maybe CC could do how in Xenosaga KosMos walked over to Wilhelm with Shion in her arms, but then suddenly backed away in a bid to refuse Wilhem's will. CC could refuse Marianne's will or something. Nevermind. ^^

Quote:
Schneizel's also gunning for the Emperor's throne, right? Could be that he's doing it for Marianne's sake, or under Marianne's orders?
Wouldn't it be weird if it was Marianne's orders. Or even maybe Schneizel's bid for the kingship was a hoax to somehow put or even force Lelouch in that spot.

Realistically, could you imagine if during a major battle, Schneizel decided to expose Zero's true identity as a Britanian prince? By simeltaneously announcing to the Black Knights and broadcasting to all Zero's allies around the world. Think of the distraction that would serve in a flashpoint battle.

edit: While I'm thinking about it, maybe it'll turn out that Schneizel will be a good guy. I use that term lightly, but I still thought to bring it up. The way I'm seeing it Lelouch wants to "destroy" Britania, not actually reform it. Perhaps with Lelouch's victory over Schneizel or "draw" or whatever, he can gain the respect committment from him to rule Britania in a peaceful way than their father. Hm, both brothers wouldn't settle for a draw. Lelouch would have actually beat his brother in the huge chess game of real life they have going.

Last edited by yamibakura; 2008-06-25 at 02:31.
Old 2008-06-25, 03:18   Link #230
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Not really. It seemed she remembers Lelouch, but didn't match it with the grownup Lelouch, given how he's officially still dead to most of the people.

Also, for some reason, I believe Nunnally hadn't talked about the fact Lelouch was alive to people outside the Imperal Family......
Didn't Anya made a correlation between young Lelouch and actual Lelouch?
She had a picture of him with a bag headed C.C and she clicked back to the young Lelouch holding a rose and smiling.
The Emperor is the only imperial family member who heard of 'Lelouch's disappearance' from Nunnally of course Miss Romeyer and Suzaku too of course.
I also think that Schneizel knows who Zero really is.
Old 2008-06-25, 03:28   Link #231
yamibakura

I got a question about the Area 18. The purple region conquered by Cornelia in season 1. Whose territory was that orginally? Did Area 18 originally belong to the EU, or the Chinese Federation? If it was the Chinese Federation, then I wonder if that is where The Order currently are. If it belonged to the EU originally, then nevermind. Since The Order's location is somewhere within the Chinese Federation. The area's surroundings look like a huge desert. So I don't know the first thing that came to mind was the Middle East region. Actually China has deserts too I think. I'm not an expert on topographical geography. So is there any guesses as to where that approximate location may be in the Chinese Federation?

Another question. What is Austrailia's affiliation? Last time I checked there was the EU, Britania, and the Chinese Federation. But Austrailia's country was different. I know Area 18's violet color is under Britania. So what about Australia? Are they an area colony as well?
Old 2008-06-25, 03:32   Link #232
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura View Post
Another question. What is Austrailia's affiliation? Last time I checked there was the EU, Britania, and the Chinese Federation. But Austrailia's country was different. I know Area 18's violet color is under Britania. So what about Australia? Are they an area colony as well?
Well, according to Wikipedia, its seemingly independent, or could be under colonization from the EU, or possibly even populated by native Aborigines.
Old 2008-06-25, 05:41   Link #233
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Ehm...that's a hanger.
Old 2008-06-25, 07:38   Link #234
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Ya, really. iirc it was mentioned on Llyod's VA blog. Koshimizu will confirm it (or not) if she read our posts.
Yes. Shiratori wrote about voicing "Eunuch C" in his blog.

Suzaku's VA also voiced one of the eunuchs. I saw people saying it's the one in glasses. I'm not a fan of Sakurai so... can't tell.

In Code Geass, when a VA voices more than one characters, only the most important one will be listed in the credit roll. For example, Ms Lohmeyer don't get listed because she's voiced by Akeno Watanabe, who is also Villetta. Therefore we won't know which eunuch is voiced by whom unless some magazine would kindly reveal it... I doubt if many fans would care though. XD

Speaking of Shiratori's blog, he wrote some interesting stuff today.
Spoiler for from Lloyd's VA's blog, about a certain mech:

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-06-25 at 12:02. Reason: fixing typos
Old 2008-06-25, 07:41   Link #235
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
They remade the Guren? So when Lelouch rescues Kallen, they'll have a power up?
Old 2008-06-25, 07:55   Link #236
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
They remade the Guren? So when Lelouch rescues Kallen, they'll have a power up?
or they won't get the Guren back.
Old 2008-06-25, 07:57   Link #237
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
or they won't get the Guren back.
Meh, Rakshata's more than capable of making another Guren, she just doesn't mass produce them. Guilford lost his first Vincent, but he got another. And besides, they could still get the remodelled version and not technically get the Guren back, because the newer version probably wouldn't be called Guren.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:01   Link #238
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Meh, Rakshata's more than capable of making another Guren, she just doesn't mass produce them. Guilford lost his first Vincent, but he got another.
She could but its in the same way that Lloyd could mass produce the Lancelot, you could do it but its not very smart because not many people could pilot it and they're expensive to make. Though im sure Rakshata woukld make Karen another one if needed.

EDIT: they could but that would just seem really stupid its like a repeat of how they got the Gawain, its completly unoriginal and Karen really doesnt(and most likely won't) need a more upgraded mech unless Suzaku get the Lancelot further upgraded, and it'd be pointlesss to further upgrade it.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:04   Link #239
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Yes. Shiratori wrote about voicing "Eunuch C" in his blog.

Suzaku's VA also voiced one of the eunuchs. I saw people saying it's the one in glasses. I'm not a fan of Sakurai so... can't tell.

In Code Geass, when a VA voices more than one characters, only the most important one will be listed in the credit roll. For example, Ms Lohmeyer don't get listed because she's voiced by Akeno Watanabe, who is also Villetta. Therefore we won't know which eunuch is voiced by whom unless some magazine would kindly reveal it... I doubt if many fans would care though. XD

Speaking of Shiratori's blog, he wrote some interesting stuff today.
Spoiler for from Lloyd's VA's blog, about mech:
Thanks

Well, I think Shiratori is talking about his character (Llyod) who remade the lancelot using some of the Gurren technologies.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:04   Link #240
Var
Banned

The real question becomes, if Karen doesn't pilot the Guren (upgraded), who will?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Thanks

Well, I think Shiratori is talking about his character (Llyod) who remade the lancelot using some of the Gurren technologies.
Good point, they may have dismantled the Guren, probably had some sort of safety protocol that wouldn't allow it to be used anyway, and upgraded the Lancelot.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories