AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-30, 07:48   Link #41
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

In an earlier manga volume, Renji already explained about captain and lietenant class shinigamis powers being limited up to 80% to reduce the potential damage they may cause in the living world.

So it's hardly surprising those 3 Arrancars got their arses whipped after underestimating the enemy, thinking that's all they got, as usual with manga enemy minions. Their main purpose is probably to test the shinigami's strength and collect battle data for the remaining Espadas.

For every shonen series, there'll always be people who aren't satisfied, and maybe justifiably so. In Naruto, the battles are "too slow", in Bleach, the battles are "too quick", either the good guys are too strong, or the bad guys are. The authors can't please everyone. A tough job indeed, having to pan out the storyline AND draw at the same time. Fanfic writers have it easier.

For those who say this fight is meaningless, might as well say all the Hollow-busting by Ichigo early in the series are meaningless. I'm just glad it doesn't get dragged out too long like Naruto, whoever the victor is.

Quote:
btw anyone noticed, why does hitsugaya have that line in the middle of his face?
I've also noticed, maybe one of Hyourinmaru's side effects?
Old 2005-12-30, 07:58   Link #42
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
I've also noticed, maybe one of Hyourinmaru's side effects?
he probably was covered in snow or ice when in full power
Old 2005-12-30, 10:35   Link #43
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Now that I think about it, it's really unfortunate that the complaints have overshadowed something quite significant...

THAT RENJI HAS FINALLY WON!!!

This should really be a time to celebrate, not complain.
Just kidding, KT can't please everyone, as I said earlier. People were moaning and lamenting on when Renji will ever win, and he gives them a New Year's gift, and he got barrage of complaints saying Renji won too easily. The guy needs a break.
Old 2005-12-30, 12:00   Link #44
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Really? I can't remember seeing a silhouette with a hole in the throat.
True, but when he first arrived, we never saw the hole in his throat until he pulled his zipper down, now did we? In the picture, he could very well have his zipper all the way up. However, the mask on his head is quite recognizable...at least in my opinion. That's how I "identified" him in that picture. Like I said, it looks like it could be him, not that it is him.

Quote:
BTW, isn't this numbering a bit stupid? They explained, that they are numbered in the order, they were created. Now if you were Aizen, and you had a new tool. Wouldn't you start with some low level hollow, to get used to the Hougyoku? Just in case something goes wrong?
Well...there was the Grand Fisher. But all that aside, as I've mentioned, they have seemingly yet to introduce Ajucas or Vastrodes. From that assumption, it's unlikely that the current bunch of Arrancars are exactly top-tier in the hierarchy of Hollows. I mean, I won't say that they're exactly bottom-of-the-barrel type guys, but it seems reasonable to assume that they're not the strongest. Low/mid level seems about appropriate for them (the exception being Grimmjow).
Old 2005-12-30, 15:02   Link #45
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

I think we have all forgotten something very important...

Renji... WON. Madness!

Edit: Great, missed. By hours, even. Damn you, alcohol.
Old 2005-12-30, 15:25   Link #46
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Really? I can't remember seeing a silhouette with a hole in the throat.
Check the espada pic again. The pictures arent the best looking (Look at grimmjow) but to the left of him is def ulq (Horn on right side facing us, and the hole near throat)
Old 2005-12-31, 05:45   Link #47
gghochu

ok the bald headed freak almost dies even with bankai, without his powers limited since he is not a captain/vice C against i forgot the number arrancar BUT a guy like red hair tattoo and Double Ds could take out the arrancar so easily.... AND Double Ds' Arrancar didnt even release his true form... WTF

apparently the bald head is heavily, incredibly, significantly, astronomically weaker then red hair tattoo and double ds and even Rukia (even though the other arrancar call that joker mouth arrancar a failure but still...) which too me doesnt make any sense
Old 2005-12-31, 06:14   Link #48
real folk blues..

people forget that this is the first wave of arrankarus..
the one before was just a scout mission.
i'm anticipating the next few chapters..the aftermath of all this. for one thing, the effect of the limit being lifted on normal people and how it will affect future battles. the other thing is, aizen now knows the limitations of his creations, how he will strengthen his army i don't know.
and of course..i wanna see ichigo get owned by an espada (assuming ).. i hope this will prompt uruhara & co. to help out as well.
Old 2005-12-31, 08:12   Link #49
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Lol I want to see Grimjaw vs Ichigo, Hitsugaya, Matsumoto, Renji and Yumichika while Rukia and Ikkaku recover.

Will the espada take care of his 5 opponents? mmmh
Old 2005-12-31, 09:55   Link #50
D-Technolife
-=Gwapohon=-

Well, i guess the win was at the very least "great!" for renji!! who won his first victory!! hurray for renji!!! now his not a loser anymore!! wakeekek
Old 2005-12-31, 13:03   Link #51
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

I thought the line on Hitsu's face was a cut from his opponent? Not so pretty anymore...
Old 2005-12-31, 13:20   Link #52
MrHahn

Send a message via MSN to MrHahn
Why is there a nagging feeling in my head that this would look much much more spectacular when they animate this sequence.

Also, notice the good guy's tendancy to get cocky, saying that it's all over when it genuinetly IS all over. Beats the bad guys' version of things.

Also, one last thing, wtf does Haineko do?
Old 2005-12-31, 13:37   Link #53
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
That's what I've been wondering. Though, for some reason I remember it breaking up into ash particles, or something like that. We never did see the end of her fight with Kira, so I don't think there is anyway of knowing.

We need some more Matsu action !

EDIT: Just looked under the Zanpakutou guide on Bleach Portal.

Quote:
haineko is in the same group as Senbon Zakura in that it's Shikai form is pretty much invisible. With the trip-phrase "Unare!" (Growl!) from Morimoto, Haineko's blade puffs into a cloud of smoke. What that smoke does.... we don't know. Yet.

Last edited by Souzouryoku; 2005-12-31 at 13:47.
Old 2005-12-31, 13:49   Link #54
Biswa

I dont understand why there are any complaints at all. Three things were fixed well in this chapter.
1. Not all arrankar are extremely powerful... the only ones to worry about are the espada, and there are TEN of them. That really limits the amount of enemies... that makes things a LOT simpler, i think. I don't think it'd be really great if they had like 100 enemies stronger than them. The captains and vice-captains are supposed to be the most powerfuls spirits in the world before the arrankar!! There's no such thing as "winning too easily." I'm surprised they took this much damage.
2. Ikkaku wasn't limited, so he fought with all his strength. So that fixes part of a plot hole... so his bankai is actually pretty weak and he fought a relatively weak guy too. He's strong, but only at a borderline of captain and vice-captain. Probably not one for the 11th division, though. Just other divisions.
3. Renji won. Phew, things would be getting pretty ridiculous if he's losing to the weaker leveled arrankar.

So this kinda also shows that Ichigo is still pretty strong. He is not be limited, but i think the other unlimited like Hitsugaya would still have a tough-time fighting Grimmjow. Ichigo was able to easily slice off the big guy's arm (the one with Uroquilla, forgot the name), so im sure that he's stronger than these other guys. This information shows that Ichigo is the strongest of the group, still.
It's not that the the shinigami became reallly strong, but it's because the arrankar were relatively weak. There has been a reduction of possible threats in the series, but they still have like 13 people to worry about, including the espada, Aizen, Tousen, and Gin. That's a lot! Thankfully the lower arrankar are no longer a problem, so the focus can change. (This series would be wayyy too long if all of the arrankar on earth were stronger than captains).

Whoops, one more question... so does this mean Rukia was limited or not? :P We still don't know her rank... i dont think she was a vice-captain. Must be 3rd seat then...

Last edited by Biswa; 2005-12-31 at 14:03.
Old 2005-12-31, 14:22   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe Rukia still isn't a seated officer. The captain vacancies must have hurt SS badly, but other than that, I don't think promoting people was all that urgent. All things considered.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2005-12-31 at 19:21.
Old 2005-12-31, 19:20   Link #56
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Rukia is not a Vice-Captain. If you recall an earlier chapter (too lazy to pull up which exact chapter), the soul that inhabited Rukia's gigai while she dealt with the Arrancar mentioned how Rukia was strong enough to be seated as a V-C, but due to Byakuya's wishes, she was kept from obtaining a seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biswa
1. Not all arrankar are extremely powerful... the only ones to worry about are the espada, and there are TEN of them. That really limits the amount of enemies... that makes things a LOT simpler, i think. I don't think it'd be really great if they had like 100 enemies stronger than them. The captains and vice-captains are supposed to be the most powerfuls spirits in the world before the arrankar!! There's no such thing as "winning too easily." I'm surprised they took this much damage.
Incorrect. According to Hitsugaya, there are 3 kinds of Menos Grande. The third kind, Vastrodes, are stronger than any Captain. And they apparently were in existence long before this talk of Arrancars.
Old 2006-01-01, 16:26   Link #57
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
Rukia is not a Vice-Captain. If you recall an earlier chapter (too lazy to pull up which exact chapter), the soul that inhabited Rukia's gigai while she dealt with the Arrancar mentioned how Rukia was strong enough to be seated as a V-C, but due to Byakuya's wishes, she was kept from obtaining a seat.
Theres no proof of that. And byakuya not wanted her to be seated is the past. With all these events done.. she is most likely the vc of 13th div. I mean her not saying her rank is a little fishy and... I dont see anybody else taking the VC spot unless those two boneheads (too weak) or they make up another character to fill the spot. Droy would atleast be VC level even though he was weak and the rest of the buds were captain lvl but.. i hope shes the VC atleast making another person taking it is a bit lame..
Old 2006-01-01, 17:15   Link #58
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona
Theres no proof of that. And byakuya not wanted her to be seated is the past. With all these events done.. she is most likely the vc of 13th div. I mean her not saying her rank is a little fishy and... I dont see anybody else taking the VC spot unless those two boneheads (too weak) or they make up another character to fill the spot. Droy would atleast be VC level even though he was weak and the rest of the buds were captain lvl but.. i hope shes the VC atleast making another person taking it is a bit lame..
How would it be lame if one of the people who were 'officially' qualified for the position (seated officers) was to take the position. And I wouldn't comment on the power of those 'two boneheads'. There's no telling how strong they are, and apparently, both were qualified to take the VC spot...

Please, please, please let some Vaizards show up soon! Let the other shinigamis take a break after their fights, and bring on the reserve team! Apparently there is no love lost between them and Aizen's company, they just aren't sided directly with the shinigami. So it would be perfect for them to help Ichigo run off Grimjaw, especially if they let their hollows out!
Old 2006-01-01, 17:35   Link #59
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by propa03
How would it be lame if one of the people who were 'officially' qualified for the position (seated officers) was to take the position. And I wouldn't comment on the power of those 'two boneheads'. There's no telling how strong they are, and apparently, both were qualified to take the VC spot...
Incorrect, Its 3rd seat not VC.
Old 2006-01-01, 19:18   Link #60
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona
Incorrect, Its 3rd seat not VC.
IIRC, both were basically occupying the 3rd seat. Neither had been promoted to VC after the the death of Shiba Kaien, but both were technically qualified for that position. That is what I understood the situation to be.
Closed Thread