Distro

Spoiler for :
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 13:28   Link #5163
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Better selling Manga didn't get such a treatment (including those that hit top 15 best selling Manga in year they were canceled) so don't expect more than maybe a few chapters in Jump NEXT. Beelzebub whose ratings and sales were both mediocre won't get any special treatment, especially not from the most brutal magazine in the Manga industry.

Thats what makes WSJ so special in this industry: they don't allow that to happen unless you are someone on whom they depended over decades (like Togashi and Kokehime). That brutality is what made them the most popular magazine in the first place.

In WSJ, cancellation is announced only if around 3 chapters remain... and thats if they feel like it. Often however, they just say "This has been the final chapter, goodbye guys!"

I'd like to be optimistic as this is one of the last few WSJ series I still read (and the only one I honestly enjoy), but I we have seen many times how WSJ treats even its former hits. Beelzebub will most likely end with Satan's and Fuji's defeat.
Your reasoning is flawed. Naruto has never, ever in its entire run made any kind of decent earnings from the anime. Yet it is still one of their longest running anime of all time. Jump anime actually banking on anime volume sales is an exceedingly rare occurence, in recent years the only Jump anime to make a profit are Basugay, Bakuman and now Nisekoi.
Before that there was Bleach and Busou Renkin.
One Piece doesn't count since the Log Collections are whole seasons and thus not profitable.
Jump makes anime mainly as a promotion for the manga and the related merchandise. This has been their business model for years and the reason why stuff like Psyren and Mx0 never got an anime.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 17:28   Link #5164
Velsy

I dont get why Aoi accused him of being scared and its not the same Oga she fell for, on the reason he gave Beel back to his mother. She was never there and what Oga done wasn't wrong. Oga went in, assessed she still loved and cared for Beel rather than having abandoned him, and so he figured Beels better off being with his real mother, especially after Beel showing him something "manly". That I believe made Oga proud of him. It also proves Oga isnt the type that relies or has the lust for power. That was never an issue for him. He treated it as a granted bonus.

So the whole business of Aoi accusing him of not being the same guy, I call bs on. To me it looks like she tried to hard to say something cool. I got the feeling he started missing the little guy tho. Beel looks pretty fired up already.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 07:43   Link #5165
Avaricia
My Lord

Awakened Fuji
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 07:45   Link #5166
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Spoiler for :
Huh? Did you skip the Takamiya Arc or something? Lucifer = Loli Marionnete Doll
Old 2014-02-01, 22:33   Link #5167
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

So the final battle huh? This series really coming to end which is really shame. I wanted to see more chapters where Oga and his crew making their appearance on Hell. And hell yeah I even wanted to see war between the king of Hell and angelic beings from Heaven. Such a really shame.
Old 2014-02-01, 22:42   Link #5168
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Sadly seems like this will end abruptly, wonder if Solace said before would be possible for this series like moving this to a monthly issue aka D.Gray man and TLR to TLR darkness. Who knows right? will still follow this if that will happen.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-02-02, 00:04   Link #5169
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I still see nothing to support the claim that it is ending unless I take the caption "the final battle" to literally mean the final battle. However the new manga that jump will be running start from this one 11 through 14. There was an ad in Jump however that Tamura Ryūhei is hiring more assistants to help with Beelzebub ... There is speculation in the fandom that this will be ending soon and this may very well be the final arc but I've seen nothing to support that tbh. Beelzebub was still only third from the bottom this week though which is still a bad spot to be in.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 12:11   Link #5170
II Maestro

Spoiler for 238:
Old 2014-02-05, 12:18   Link #5171
Breimoon

unless MC has to fight the maou the story seems even more likely to end considering his power level....
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 09:16   Link #5172
Meltyred

Super Saiyan Oga, that's why it's going to end.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 10:22   Link #5173
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Not sure why the auther showed toujou's petrification cracking and then just had satan suck all the petrification back. kind of pointless...
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 11:41   Link #5174
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
Sadly seems like this will end abruptly, wonder if Solace said before would be possible for this series like moving this to a monthly issue aka D.Gray man and TLR to TLR darkness. Who knows right? will still follow this if that will happen.
I dunno....after this chapter, I'm actually leaning toward it being a rushed ending due to cancellation, unfortunately. If there's more Beelzebub in the future I'd be surprised and delighted, but I doubt we'll see anything after this fight except maybe an epilogue chapter.

It was a good run though, while it lasted.

Too many good manga ending so suddenly recently.
Old 2014-02-06, 11:47   Link #5175
ChuckE
Provoker

The main rival of Beelzebub got owned by his baby child....well meh.
Old 2014-02-06, 12:12   Link #5176
Amario

Well that was unexpected was not expecting to see a super saiyan Oga appear well anything happens when your going up against which may be the last antagonist for this series.
Still hoping for some Hilda and Oga romance......
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 12:37   Link #5177
Avaricia
My Lord

... Here I was expecting a fusion like the fight with NAga
Old 2014-02-06, 13:32   Link #5178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I expected Oga to fuse with Beel once again, but instead he just went super saiyan
Old 2014-02-06, 15:19   Link #5179
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

I don't know but I don't like this ending. Well it's rushed ending and it can't be helped but seeing Satan getting owned by little baby is just absurd and yeah this manga itself is absurd in the first place. I was going to rated this series high but after reading those recent chapters within a year I don't think it's rating will be that high. I liked the humour in the first place and I wished rather than going all out battle like this I would have prefered to see some humourous ending like Oga marrying into Beelzebub family in the hell or vice versa Aoi ending with lots of humor.
Old 2014-02-06, 16:03   Link #5180
shalala

I'm I the only one that is a disappointed in how the last arc has been? Given that Fuji is said to be all strong and stuff only to get his butted kicked. His fusion with Satan is pretty meh and the chapter it self was pretty crap tbh apart from the super sayain part. Sadly much like other have said this is probably going to be the last arc. Kind of a let down.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence