Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-05, 22:42   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Dead Space 3

No official announcements yet, but here's some known (yet unconfirmed) news on what's coming up for Dead Space 3:

Siliconera: Dead Space 3 takes place on a frozen planet, First details inside

Siliconera: Isaac Clarke, you've changed in Dead Space 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siliconera
In the beginning, Dead Space 3 is set aboard a command center where Isaac talks to the Captain. He sends Isaac on a mission to rescue a woman on Tau Volantis and bring her back to Mars. Isaac accepts the mission because there is a warrant out for his arrest and his alternative is to deal with EarthGov. He reluctantly descends on to the iceball along with Ellie.

This next part could be considered a major spoiler, so read at your own risk! It’s about how Isaac Clarke has "changed."

Spoiler for Isaac:
So no more Nicole eh, which is logical. Though what's taunting him next isn't any better

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 22:57   Link #2
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Oh wow. No fucking way I could've predicted this from the ending audio.

Seriously Isaac? Now your own mind is a troll?
Old 2011-10-05, 23:21   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

One thing I loved about Dead Space 2 was that it was also a journey towards Isaac's eventual coming to terms with his guilt as he tries to survive through the madness of the marker.

It would seem that Dead Space 2 will now either be Schizophrenia or Dissociative Identity Disorder as a result of PTSD. Awesome.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 23:23   Link #4
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
This is all great news. But now I can only hope for this:

"Please don't let this have co-op,Please don't let this have co-op,Please don't let this have co-op,Please don't let this have co-op. Other wise it'll turn into Resident evil 5 and Fear 3 all over again, just a half assed shadow of it's former self just to appease to the co-op enthusiasts."

Also I pray this Shadow Issac doesn't get annoying and doesn't happen as often as I fear. But then again the Nicole Ghost in Dead Space 2 wasn't all that bad so I'm probably worrying for nothing.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 23:30   Link #5
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I fear this Shadow Isaac may actually detract from some of the horror elements in the game (not that it was a particularly scary game anyways...). If they're going for some comedic shit with this second-self, I'm not sure people will get much scare out of it.
Old 2011-10-05, 23:30   Link #6
O.F Death

Oh, Isaac. How mental problems do you have to solve by killing Necromorphs until you're sane again?
O.F Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 23:54   Link #7
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

What can be worse then having your ex-girlfriend try to kill you multiple times and an army of Necromorphs? You guessed it, your own mind trolling you and bringing down your moral.. But now we are revealed that Isaac has mental problems and will have to find a way to get rid of this alternate Isaac, while at the same time try to best the "hive mind" which we will get more info about.
Old 2011-10-06, 00:21   Link #8
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

The setting sounds awesome, but I"m not looking forward to 'dark' Isaac. The Nicole visions in 2 were borderline annoying after they stopped being scary, and I only tolerated them because of their importance in the story.

Well, I suppose if it's just Isaac talking to himself and not periodic hallucinations, it could be entertaining.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 00:32   Link #9
iceyfw

this is great news! but this marker issac encounters better not be another reverse engineered one like in DS1 and DS2. i pray it is an original marker untouched by humans.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 00:40   Link #10
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm not liking the split personality thing. Issac's been freed of the Marker's control, isn't he cured? Or is this gonna be the effects of another Marker?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 00:42   Link #11
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
this is great news! but this marker issac encounters better not be another reverse engineered one like in DS1 and DS2. i pray it is an original marker untouched by humans.
Unlikely, given that there's other man-made Markers scattered throughout the galaxy. I think it'll be unlikely that we come across a true Black Marker.
Old 2011-10-06, 05:26   Link #12
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'm not liking the split personality thing. Issac's been freed of the Marker's control, isn't he cured? Or is this gonna be the effects of another Marker?
No. Once you're "touched" by the marker it stays with you permanently, it's just weaker minds succumb to it alot quicker while strong minds can fight against the markers attempts to break you down. Plus I'm fairly sure if he got exposed to another marker(Which he's obviously going to in the sequel) it would just mess him up even more.
Old 2011-10-06, 12:24   Link #13
Kallen4life

I hope they do dark Isaac properly

other then that - frozen planet sounds superb, even better then empty space .. my 2 thoughts were :
- The Thing 1982 film (my all-time fav horror film) .. body-horror, paranoia, fear, death and nothing but snow for hundreds of miles .. please let DS3 go down this path
- .. "Winter is coming" lol ^^
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 13:08   Link #14
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
No. Once you're "touched" by the marker it stays with you permanently, it's just weaker minds succumb to it alot quicker while strong minds can fight against the markers attempts to break you down. Plus I'm fairly sure if he got exposed to another marker(Which he's obviously going to in the sequel) it would just mess him up even more.
Riiiight, I remember that part now. Poor Issac can't get a break.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 17:45   Link #15
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Cannot wait for the announcement.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 19:24   Link #16
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Riiiight, I remember that part now. Poor Issac can't get a break.
I'm just getting the feeling that Isaac is going to commit suicide in order to finally get rid of all this...
Old 2011-10-06, 20:24   Link #17
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm just getting the feeling that Isaac is going to commit suicide in order to finally get rid of all this...
Doubt he would do that before he finds out whatever happened to his missing father or reunite with his unitologist mother who favored that crazy religion over her own son since the father vanished.

Plus doing that would give the marker the pleasure of victory which is another motivation I feel he would use to NOT do that.
Old 2011-10-06, 20:26   Link #18
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It may not be the best option, but it's a possibility Isaac might take when "Dark Isaac" starts bringing down all hope.
Old 2011-10-06, 20:30   Link #19
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It may not be the best option, but it's a possibility Isaac might take when "Dark Isaac" starts bringing down all hope.
As long as Isaac believes there's a way to win he'd try until his last breathe to keep pushing, just like he did in Dead Space 2 when he basically gave the marker the finger. But he did seem content with his life ending in Dead Space 2 so you may be right that suicide MAY be an option for him after the hell he constantly has to go through and after all of his personal issues are resolved.
Old 2011-10-06, 20:46   Link #20
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I cannot wait for the "FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR MARKER" moment.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote