AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-07-21, 08:34   Link #7541
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

The khrack continues! >:3

Spoiler for 4koma Part 3:

Spoiler for Some thoughts:
Old 2009-07-21, 09:02   Link #7542
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Psh, the comparisons between 40K and actual Nanoha canon are so easily drawn it's hard to call it a crossover as long as you don't throw to many 40K terms around.
Fine! I'll throw comparisons between Dune and 40k because both of them have God-Emperors.

On a more serious note, I tried to see how both of them computed, but the lore and the general tone of both franchises (one is very cynical and desperate, the other is more upbeat and more optimistic) are so far apart that I cannot. Therefore, I treat it the same as Kamen Rider, Strike Witches, Geass, Gundam or whatever is in fashion this week.

Last edited by Sheba; 2009-07-21 at 10:04. Reason: forgot words
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 09:59   Link #7543
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post

No no no! With that old guy, you should've done a Picard Facepalm. >=3

Nevertheless, it all is (b^_^)b Keep it going! (Rin's expression is made of win XD )

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
This has something to do with Warhammer 40,000, doesn't it?
It certainly does not. I was simply putting canon events revealed in SSX in much more clearer terms. I assure you, nothing ever published officially has been contradicted by the latest fanon build, however wild and left-field critics may call it.

In a more serious note, it's just my fic and my spin of things. Working from a handphone is not the fastest way to type a 30-minute episode, so progress is just rather rather rather slow. Regrettably, I might not be able to elaborate much till I get the first chapter done. I'm the kind who tries to include everyone in the fic, hence why when I saw the chance, I decided to ask. It's up to you to allow the inclusion.

Quote:
I'm actually a chick. I didn't think Vivio swung that way... maybe familial influence?

*gets shot also*
Then it works even better, cos Syn the OC IS a girl!

Quote:
*strangles Lowe* Don't go giving away my girl as you please.
It appears that I've caused a casualty!

Quote:
And Kha? Quit being so confusing, dammit! You had me scratching my head wondering what on earth you were planning with Syn.
Working As Intended. =3

*FLEEEEEZ FROM ION CANON BREAKER!!!*

*BLASTED*

Alright I'm calling her Syna from now on! Spare me!!!
Old 2009-07-21, 10:04   Link #7544
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

... That 4th Panel...

IT NEEDS TO BE A MEME

*is shot*

Poor Rinya, even in the most feminine area imaginable she still can't win

*awards Kyral the OC Mangaka Medal Of 1337*

--------

Anyways, here's something I've been working on for the past few hours, which serves as a prelude of sorts to the Perfect Grade Project.

Spoiler for [Intelligence Data Updated]:

Edit: Uploaded Easier-On-The-Eyes version with revised text. The Original art can still be found here

Edit 2: Added version with Midchild Font

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2009-07-21 at 23:36.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 13:42   Link #7545
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
I have... too much free time.

Dammit! Almost all week and no work at work, and my meeting for trying to see about my first job contract got postponed.

*Slams head into desk.*
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:11   Link #7546
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Anything from Kha is either mixed with WH40k, WoW or F/SN. Take anything about canon from him with extreme caution. It's like playing with plutonium marbles.
I don't mind the WH40k. Crossovers with 40k are like crossovers with Dr. Who; they never fail to make the original material that much more crazy-awesome.

fate/stay night was pretty badass except for that horrible CGI dragon and the fact that the VN won't work on my computer for reasons unknown.

But keep that filthy world of snorecraft away from my OC. ^^;
Old 2009-07-21, 20:31   Link #7547
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

I have no idea whom these OCs are and this is still hilarious! Pure win, Kyral!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 21:01   Link #7548
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Anyways, here's something I've been working on for the past few hours, which serves as a prelude of sorts to the Perfect Grade Project.

Spoiler for [Intelligence Data Updated]:

Edit: Uploaded Easier-On-The-Eyes version with revised text. The Original art can still be found here

I see that the Belka Order of the Hammer has a Midchilda cousin. Sister-Captain Schach and Battle-Sister Sein are available for future joint-ops.

Now I wonder if sparks will fly if their Grand Meister, Saber, were to find herself working with a former follower of Chaos.

All we need now is a friendly daemon raised by humans working with EXCOM--

*is shot by Hellboy*
Quote:
I don't mind the WH40k. Crossovers with 40k are like crossovers with Dr. Who; they never fail to make the original material that much more crazy-awesome.

fate/stay night was pretty badass except for that horrible CGI dragon and the fact that the VN won't work on my computer for reasons unknown.

Deshou? Just mind the terms; crossovers are kind of a bad word around here, after having had too much of it in the past. I know I'm guilty of that, so until I finish this potato chip bag of a chapter, I'll be stuck with that label.

Deshou deshou? Too bad for that; the UBW and Heaven's Feel scenarios are awesome. Now to find time to play thru again with the english patch...

Wait whut? Don't worry, no WoW is involved in this; It's a purely Ancient Belka, Ancient Midchilda, Eldritch and Ancient Earth affair. I don't even see much influence from the other media either. Just my brain acting on facts put out by 7Arcs.
Old 2009-07-21, 21:52   Link #7549
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
I Guess i'm in the same boat as ATC here.

too much time but not enough Motivation though

but then i have work and it's sapping my mentality <.<

so i'm dumping this here

Spoiler for Group Emblem: Project AM V1 : Big image.:

Spoiler for Group Emblem: Tuner Organization V1 : Big image.:

Spoiler for Quickshop: Upcoming OC: Tuner: Aina Fortissian V1 : Big image.:

And a thought line

Spoiler for Tuner Snippet:

Last edited by Saint X; 2009-07-21 at 22:50.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 08:00   Link #7550
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
So they're the bards of AU Nanohaverse? Bards are sweet.
Old 2009-07-22, 09:13   Link #7551
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

They also sound like singing Flame Hazes.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:18   Link #7552
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

I see that the Belka Order of the Hammer has a Midchilda cousin. Sister-Captain Schach and Battle-Sister Sein are available for future joint-ops.

Now I wonder if sparks will fly if their Grand Meister, Saber, were to find herself working with a former follower of Chaos.

All we need now is a friendly daemon raised by humans working with EXCOM--

*is shot by Hellboy*
Well technically, Mai can become a daemon herself

And Order of the Hammer? Please do tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

so i'm dumping this here

Spoiler for Group Emblem: Project AM V1 : Big image.:

Spoiler for Group Emblem: Tuner Organization V1 : Big image.:

Spoiler for Quickshop: Upcoming OC: Tuner: Aina Fortissian V1 : Big image.:

And a thought line

Spoiler for Tuner Snippet:
Seen all that in OCC except for the Silver Rhythm-ish emblem, simple but nice

Quote:
Technically not, since they manipulate things akin to music, but not quite.

*insert shameless plug here*

On the other hand, Lyrical Mages are what would be most similar to bards.

*RUNS*

Quote:
Shakugan no Shana: THE MUSICAL?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 12:58   Link #7553
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

But Lowe, remember what happened the last time Lyrical Mages showed up? They were chased away by Zengar singing the unofficial Daizengar theme and the Aquastyle remix of Trombe.

...snap, now I'm considering porting in a certain pink-haired girl. "Atashi no uta wa kikke!"

*Goose is riddled multiple times with machinegun bullets as TK preps Battle Cadia's air wing for an Alpha Strike*

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 15:32   Link #7554
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

*yawns*

I return! But I'm still tired. And sunburnt. And with my sleep schedule screwed three ways from hell. Eh, it was fun while it lasted.

*cracks knuckles and winds back a punch for WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM BREAKERRRRRRR!!!*

This seems like as good a place as any to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
And with this, I officially join the party.

*snip*
Hmm...I admit the whole sentai thing isn't up my alley, but I like the ideas. The "deck" thing is especially neat.

Quote:
Having finally gotten my hands on Tales of Vesperia doesn't really help either
I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

And I hate Namco for putting it on the 3-fuckin'-60. Bleargh. I still can't decide if a few hundred greenbacks is worth it for one game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Finally got a chance to finish this damn thing. Two whole months it was incomplete. But now it is my first fully completed profile. Gokel!!

Added one more paragraph to personality, added more relationships, added a small section about Nitro's storage form, and made an abilites/attacks section. For now I think that is enough to call it complete.

Spoiler for Gokel's Profile:

I know Fragment of Armageddon seems kind of ridiculous but it is only going to be used once or twice. Its drawbacks are just too extreme for it to be authorized more than once in a blue moon. And it is rare that that amount of fire power is necessary anyways.

So if you guys approve can it be placed on the front page please? So I don't have to go searching through 20 pages to find it next time. :-) Thank you.
Honestly Fragment doesn't seem that OP. A 256-part beam is gonna be spread out everywhere; each beam wouldn't do much damage on its own. And if he can really quaff 28 cartridges and walk away fine, he's made of tough enough stuff to get away with that.

Quote:
Whoa, lazy git with a lazy dog. Even though he looks like he's done some exercise... which is perhaps the only minus I can see in the profile.
Just because you're lazy doesn't mean you don't exercise. Someone keeps trying to interrupt your nap, it helps to be able to beat the crap put of them!
Quote:
Oooh, someone's got a bruised ego here.

Syn: Shut up.

Hmm hmm. Also, stories like this remind me that I need to write more with Tesla. Poor girl gets the Zafira treatment from me, even the side mentions in other fics are more than I've written for her...

Maybe I'm going to center her in Force...
At least ol' Zaffy has company. <.< >.> *runs*
Quote:
The mental image of Rein arguing with an ancient insane Unison Device and punching him out when he wouldn't shut up had me howling with laughter.

Maybe I should do some Unison with Keroko myself. Would be a bit more drama instead of comedy though, considering the limitations I placed on Keroko regarding Unison... That, or I'll have to plothax.

I'll need to give it more thought...
See, you can even make the case that Rein's actions there are even kinda in character, which only makes it funnier.
Quote:
Also, 'meatbag' seems to have become a standard line for droids these days, no?
HK-47: Query: Do all meatbags have to ask that question?
Quote:
For some reason I find the thought of Fate being desk bound and signing papers to be throughly amusing.

Call me cruel.
You're cruel.

Quote:
It definitely was amusing, that's for sure.

Though I do agree with Roland's question, if such a manual exists, why would the TSAB keep it under high-security wraps?
Maybe some need-to-know clause somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
See if it simply was divided by four each time then it would be a lot simpler and I wouldn't think that it is kind of ridiculous. But due to the amplification that occurs at each stage the end product is crazy. Note: Each cartridge multiplies the power by two.

So if it was going to be split into 256 parts:

First the main beam is fired. Three cartridges are used to multiply the power by 8. Then it is split into four beams each with twice the original power.

Then each of the four beams uses up two cartridges to multiply their power by 4. Then each is split into 4 smaller beams that still carry twice the original power.

Then a cartridge is used for each of the sixteen beams to double their power. Then they are split into four releasing 64 beams with the power of the original beam.

Then each of the 64 beams split into four leaving us with a total of 256 beams each carrying a quarter of the original beam. (Which was about the strength of a regular divine buster.)

After this 28 cartridges have been used. Gokel needs 24 hours before he can do any other attacks. And needs a week before he can reuse it. So I feel that is kind of extreme. If you don't... well works for me. Makes my life easier.
Like I said earlier, just living through 28 cartridges at once is a feat in itself. That said, this is certainly a powerful attack, not something you'd want to be on the business end of, but I don't see him busting it out first thing in a battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I am still alive, but I've been rather Busy as of late still I've managed to get a bit done so I'll just leave this here for now. It's not very big, but eh it gets the job done for now and hopefully will get me back into the mood for further writing.

Previous Chapter can be found here.

Spoiler for Chapter 4.3:
A Device that doesn't know who it is? Hmm...I see many possibilities. I shall reread and catch back up when I get some time.

Quote:
So I hear the chat's busy with making a new generation of mages. Can't much afford to stay behind, can I?

Spoiler:

I'll let the speculation as to whom the father is up to the thread.
Well, it's obvious.

The father is whoever's name causes the most jawdrops at any given time.

*assumes "I'm A Genius!" pose*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
*drops from the sky*

KEEROOOKOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!?!?!

Anyway... This is interesting.
Could the father possibly be Grandis...?

But other than that, is Hayate her mother in the first place?
And what was I just saying? :3
Quote:
(Speaking of which, I'm still not dropping GenerationS. I'm just in a slump now. [Though I admit it's partly because of Vivid and Force. Though I'm still happy about the new arcs.>:3 ])
Force needs to hurry up, dammit! Want more blood! Want less fanservice and more NANOHA IS SRS BZNS!

Quote:
As for what the meaning of this is, isn't it obvious? That is our dear, sweet Hayate's daughter. I was hoping a bit more diversity in the speculation department, but I should have known better. Hayaurion is like the Nanofate of OC (well, minus the flames, that is).

And no, I'm not telling just yet. Speculate some more. >:3
Minus the flames, and plus a lot more humor and a LOT more intelligence, you mean? :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Nah you got it all wrong, the father is Ko-*SNIPED**SNIPED**SNIPED**SNIPED**SNIPED**SNIPED**S NIPED**SNIPED**SNIPED**SNIPED**SNIPED*

*ASTRAL FINISH'ed!!!*
So that's what he's been up to all this time! Damn, that guy must have gotten real slick behind our backs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
TO CREATE THE GREATEST YURI HAREM IN ADMINISTERED SPACE!

That's not the only 2nd generation either... ~
I thought that was just your personal goal...*coughs*

Quote:
*head slams into desk with frightening speed* Mind out of the gutter, Goose. Out.
Tell me when you manage to get his head out of there. I got winged pigs and a spell that'll bring winter to hell ready when you do.

Quote:
Practicality of clothing and armor in Nanoha never made it past the first season. Fate is wearing little more than a glorified bathing suit with a cape.

I mean... a cape.

So yeah, I tend not to let aesthetics be limited by functionality.
Clothing in Nanoha runs on the Rule of Cool anyway. Yeah, it gets handwaved with this whole "field generator" business, but it's still just an excuse to get skimpy clothing onto a battlefield.

Quote:
Maybe that was my fault as I saw that and was the first that went:
"Uu~! Kyral is using Aurion to make Aaron do something funny! :3 "
It worked.

Quote:
At least SOMEONE noticed my post.....
Has my shadow become so shallow that no one notices me?

Must I remind you guys just who the hell I am!?
*looks around for a shadow*

I see a funny looking blob behind you...wait. It's turning into...a crazed looking guy with a knife the size of my arms. And laughing hysterically.

This does not bode well.

Quote:
2) Yuuno: As far as I know,Rita's a researcher/archaeologist in Tales of Vesperia... You can tell where I'm going here. <__<
He musta pulled some fast moves there. <.<

Or maybe they were drunk. Or bored. Or maybe they were just tired of not getting any. Though if your biggest reason for a horizontal hula session is any of those, you might have other issues to worry about. <.<
Quote:
*jumps up and down like a raging gnome*

Why are you apologizing to Keroko instead of me?!
Probably to get a reaction from you. :3 *tousles Aaron's hair*

Quote:
- Safety goggles. Experimenting with magic can get flashy at times.
Pfff, safety. What's the fun in experimenting with the arcane if there's no element of danger? *carelessly juggles mana spheres*

Quote:
Actually

*snip*

is right. Although it at least makes some sense.

Maybe.

Quote:

The thread is always better with a lively atmosphere.
I'll drink to that! (*゚ー゚)つ凵
Quote:
Though I'm still unsure as to whom of her parents will she take after.

Would she...
(note: The following are pictures of her in Unison with Rein)

Spoiler for take after her father?:

Or...

Spoiler for take after her mother?:
Oh, take after mum, definitely. Not only is Saber overused, book+chains is a very...striking look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
This is all Goose's fault.
That seems to be a running gag nowadays. Anything odd/cracky/illogical/bad/greasy/underhanded/under the table/under *STATIC* happens, Goose did it.

Quote:
Hmm....

Now that you mention it... both have a certain interest in someone who is smaller and has a bust that is not worthy of men- args! *rinya drop kick'd*
Now now, there's nothing at all wrong with a very modest chest size!

Quote:
The heart lies below the chest! To get to the heart, you'll have to examine the chest firs-

*SHOT*
*facepalm*

Quote:
Hey what the hell is up with this crap?! I get hooked on a Flight Sim binge and then you bastards go and post all this crap behind my back?!
Stealth...re-activity, I guess?
Quote:
No of course not, it's acutally someone with the same last name posted in a Nanoha thread, but who is acutally totally unrelated. *Smacks Aaron upside the head* God gave you a brain don't waste it!
Brain? You mean that lump of charred goo in people's heads? I threw mine out years ago. I tell you, get a jar of peanut butter instead; works just as well and it's cheap to replace too!
Quote:
You know there's a reason direct democracy isn't used it's because mobs tend to be poor decision makers. .
The source escapes me but I remember someone talking about how people's intelligence decreases with each new person you add...

Quote:
@FlameSparkZ:

It may only be a manner of semantics, but it is mentioned that Orichalcum is the "best" material to make UD's with, and that the sentence makes it sound like devices made from Orichalcum are an option, rather than a norm. They never said that all Unison Devices are made from Orichalcum afterall.
Organic metal anyone?

Quote:
Concidering 'Hai guys, I has a clone daughter!' is a ridiculously often used scenario in Nanoha, can you really blame him?
If nothing else we know they can do a good clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
SO HAI GAIZ WHATS UP?
What'd I miss?

Cause seriously, AS failed in letting me know exactly how many pages of backlog I have, so I'll need an update on what I missed.

Also, fic's back in production.
Long time no see.

What you missed: A shit-ton.
Size of backlog: Hopeless.

Hope you brought a bulldozer; you're gonna need it. ()

Quote:
And visionary. She realized from the start that designing a magic style which combines the best of all magic would be bound to create tremendous shifts in the world. Not just the military, but every magic using world. She realized that even if she were finished, others would continue to work on the style and begin the cycle anew. The end, as she said, was just the beginning.

That, and it's fun to make her go all philosophical every once in a while. Making everyone go "... Okay, we are still talking to Rita, aren't we?"

Call it a quirk.
I had a good picture I think might be useful talking to this girl...*digs though folders*

Got it.

Quote:
Lia-chan's not as devoted as Ui, though. XD
She scolds her Rita-neechan a good number of times too. >:3

And naturally, she also worries about her sister's health. >_>

Spoiler for Caring imouto~:

The Yagami blood is strong in her. >_>

(No prices for guessing what has been grabbed. <_<)
Hayate: Keikaku doori. *evil grin*

Quote:
Which is why for my fanon at least, Mio the Shy Beserker is there.

...especially when she gets the Gespenst-S powered armor and shouts her heart out... <.<
How does one be a shy berserker???

Quote:
I was being silly myself. What I was trying to say was that I would like to know exactly what it is you need before I say yes or no.

Since Lowe already volunteered, I'll leave it up to him. Still, if you find something that needs recoloring later down the line, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Said WIP is now complete, but I'm gonna hold off posting him till tomorrow. A few...shall we say, details I want to touch up first.
Quote:

Imagine a conversation between these two.

Spoiler for What language are we talking here again?:
Asuka: Fufufu...it's been a long time since points of the arcane escaped me...this one warrants my...vigilance. *slips into the shadows*
Quote:
Yes, I can totally see that happen.
I'd be rather disappointed in the Yagami bloodline if it didn't.
Quote:
Yes I was. I deserved that for asking that stupid question, even though I should have known who I was asking. <_<
You walked into that one.
Quote:
Oh trust me, there's plenty. True, not as much as Nanoha or Fate, but there definitely is a good portion. Half of it initiated by Hayate herself.

Though you are right that she is used more for moe and love. And we wouldn't want it any other way. <3
Could be the moe and love is Hayate's sex appeal. Doesn't always have to be blatant.

Quote:
It's called a completely wholesome and genuine character appeal.
Not something you really find much anymore, eh?
Quote:
Hrmm...

Spoiler for Plans:

Any thoghts or things you want to add or change...?
I just gotta say...

That kind of threat is way below the belt. Pun definitely intended.
Quote:
Perfect!

Though I bet Hayate would be threatening Aurion to keep tabs on Rita's lifestyle and ensure that she eats healthy. XD
Lemme guess, she's one of those types that gets so caught up she forgets to eat, right?

Quote:
Spoiler for <___<:
Poor eating habits, doesn't keep herself clean...

Probably drinks too much in a few years. Resulting in blowing up her research on a humorously predictable basis.

Quote:
You do realise that it amuses me to take the ammo that people give me with their words and fire it back at them, right?
Part of me thinks you missed your calling as a raunchy comedian. *hides*
[quote]
Quote:
Which is why we love her. <3 We're not sex-obsessed fiends like the legion, afterall. XD
You mean some of us aren't, right?

Quote:
Don't get cute with me slacker.
You should get Aaron one of those t-shirts with "Slacker" written on the front and some facepalm-y message on the back. "3
Quote:
Magical books are becoming popular it seems...Though I can already seem Signum being so disappointed, actually the idea of her repeatedly attempting to get her to pick a sword and failing totally sounds hilarious.
Signum: C'mon, pick up the sword. It's not going to bite you.

20 minutes later...

Signum: *is in a permanent facepalm* Why did I get myself into this?
Quote:
No people still want to bang her, they just want to marry her first.
Oh, big difference. -_-

Quote:
Things I support enthusiastically: COD4, Modern Warfare, Macross, the USMC...wait the last 2 have boobs...damn you're right. If it has boobs I support it enthusiastically.
Ask a simple question...
Quote:
Just a little randomness: the Gespenst-S powered armor suit, based off the Gespenst Type-S, which makes anybody who wears it hotblooded. And then it turns out it was all just another weird dream of Tomoyo's...
Does it come with a GESPEEEEEEEENST KIIIIIIIIIICKU shouted at a pitch that could shatter glass?
Quote:
I object to this bullying! This is charecter assasination! Obviously since you cannot defeat my debating or the logic or my points, you attack me! My cause is just and my ground is high![/certain persons satire]
[Obi-wan]It's over, Anakin! I have the high ground![/Obi-wan]

Quote:
"Goose is making sense."

"Shh, just ignore him. It'll pass."
It's not contagious, is it?

Quote:
Hmm. Guess it's fine to let out this OC.

Spoiler for The Guardian:
"A lady's secret", eh? Fufufu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner View Post
Hmm, if you really think about it, having such an outfit CAN be an advantage if she were able to use her scantiness in order to distract her opponent in the middle of battle. However, if she were unprotected due to the amount of skin being shown... being hit by a spell would NOT be a pleasant experience. Speaking of OC's, I've been tinkering around with one of my own. Due to my limited knowledge of Nanohaverse up to this point, I have encountered some roadblocks as to how well my character fits in. I wonder if I could count on you kind people to give me some pointers. As of right now, I am NOT planning a fanfic with this OC, I just felt bored with my summer and suddenly got an infuse of creativeness, so I whipped this little number up in a few hours. Enjoy! (for what it's worth.)
Spoiler for My OC::
Ship pilot, eh? Interesting. Don't think we got too may of those around here. He sounds like a fun guy to have around...and by "fun" I mean "you brought extra booze, right?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Can't say for the rest of us here, but I don't mind random posts so as long you make up your mind which ID to stick to

*attaches a swarm of flesh-eating locusts on Kha/Meister/whatever*

Now, to waste his bones in a furnace *mumbles*
I'm beginning to wonder if he's switching just to get a rise out of us.

Quote:
I only just managed to find time to logout and relog into my proper ID on this dingy old laptop just so... sorry about that. I could be said to be posting from inside a consomme-flavored potato chip bag, given all the 360 degree 24-7 surveillance. T_T

*is chewed up*

D=
"Consomme-flavored"? Of all the chip flavors you can get from anywhere, it has to be consomme?

What does consomme taste like anyway? And how on earth does a chip bag relate to surveillance?

Quote:
@Kha: So basically you shut yourself in your room, emoing and skipping class, resulting in your parents watching you.

...why am I not surprised? :eyeroll:
I think they call this a "self-fulfilling prophecy."

Quote:
In a nutshell. Basically, Anita was my only lifeline to the 3D world...

And add to that that the whole family was in SG while I'm in Perth. However, now that Dad found some prime real estate and business partners here, he's come over, and my mom and imouto joining us in their hols. So I'm still being surveyed over here.

No internet or anime for 90 days at least. TASUKETE, AARON!!! D=
Least you got plenty of time to get out and see the sights. Fresh air does you good, and all that.

Quote:
Wait! And exactly why am I the old uncle again?
'Cause you act like it? :3
Quote:
That's because she isn't! A yandere's dark side is usually caused by severe traumatic psychological stress in her past. Lia may be sometimes devious, but she is definitely not mentally deranged in any way. >__>

She's just honest to goodness mischievous to a fault, that's all! D:
I'm getting the mental image of a huge, paper-stuffed binder labeled "Ways To Get Reactions" sitting on her bookshelf.
Quote:
Like I said, you're blowing it out of proportion! DX
An event becomes a story, which becomes a tale, which becomes a legend, which becomes a myth...

Blowing things out of proportion is in human nature. Why should any of us be exempt?
Quote:

She has become much more attractive compared to when she was 22...
Like a fine wine, she ages quite well...*closes eyes and sniffs a rose*
Quote:
Come back and say that once you actually do some sizable replies.

*SHOT*

Workin' on that, ossan.

My general energy level's been kinda down the past few months...haven't really been motivated to create much or smash backlog. I think the convention+beach trip's breathed some of my life back to me...
Quote:
The start is slow. But the momentum is there!
Well, whatever happens, we're back in business now! >:3
That's how it's always been here. Slow going intermixed with bursts of activity.
Quote:
Of course she is!

Ahh, what the heck?! Why are people nowadays seem to think that once women reach their thirties that they become unattractive? I've seen people in their thirties that can easily trump younger people in looks and charm!
It's the whole "15 is your prime, 20 is over the hill" trope again.

Which is bogus because, if nothing else, 80 years is a LOOOOOOOOONG time to be in retirement.

Quote:
Why you indeed, you’re about as useless as Reisen only good for your humor appeal.

Though why is this suddenly making me picture Kha as Kaguya and Goose as Mokou? Hell it even fits with Kha’s rather fragile constitution and sometimes prissy behavior and Goose’s penchant for aggressive flaming… NO be gone mental image! BE GONE ! Crap it’s not going away! I suppose being the guy that’s often trying to stop Goose from pointlessly feuding with and grumbling about Kha (even when he’s no where in sight) that makes me Keine. Hell I’ve got the wild mood swings and love of dumping huge blobs of info that no one really cares about regarding history. So whose Eri—

No, no I’m stopping now! I’m the driver in this body brain! I’m in charge and I say we’re not thinking about this anymore!

Though it’s probably Keroko.

DAMN IT!
The heck did that come from?

More importantly, why does it compute?

Quote:
I shall breed the Khrack via guerilla tactics in support of this initiative. =3

*manages to find a safe hideout from surveillance and begins building another dirty bomb inside a bag of potato chips*
What is it with you and potato chips!?

Quote:
Without giving away too much of the story in progress, I'd like to breed discussion on the OC antagonist character of my murder mystery/spy thriller set in the Nanohaverse.

The short version: A number of highly placed officials in the Time-Space Administration Bureau have been murdered, ranging from political figures to military commanders and even powerful combat-type mages. Fate and Teana have been assigned the case; a white-knuckled murder mystery and race against the clock rather than the usual Lost Logia hunt. This case will pit their investigative wiles and mastery of magic to the test against an implacable female assassin, resistant to magic's effects and armed with technology the TSAB has never before encountered.

And thus, allow me to introduce our villainous antagonist, the lovely and talented Nena K. Ashley:

Name: Nena Karolyn Ashley
Sex: Female
Origin: Mid-Childa
Birthplace: Unknown, thought to be in old Belkan territory

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 137lbs.
Hair: Auburn/reddish-brown, loosely curly and worn short, around chin-length.
Eyes: Brown
Misc. Notes: Her build is athletic and slender, though she is stronger than she looks (a runner or swimmer's physique). Her facial features are attractive but ordinary; skin tone is pale and freckled. She's fairly flat-chested and slim-hipped without much in the way of curves. All in all, she doesn't stand out much and she doesn't look physically imposing at all; very desirable traits for an assassin or spy.

Spoiler for character notes:

This should all be enough to get a general picture of the character. I chose not to talk about her motives for killing off members of the TSAB, since that is a significant plot point in the story itself. Those who want to know more about Nena should keep an eye on the Fanfiction thread for posted chapters as I write them.
A human magic resistor? That's definitely a new one. I imagine she'd throw a real nasty wrench into a magic society...like the one in the story. Very clever idea.

Quote:
Kha. Even if it was meant as a joke, it was pretty tasteless. For that, you deserve a collective kick in the nuts if any of us ever get a hand on you.
Agreed.

Quote:
*detonates small dirty khrack bomb*

The cyborgs use ESP-like Inherent Skills and Abilities, and so they run on nethergon instead of mana. Nethergon at high enough concentrations is inherently AMF-like, rendering them invisible to magic sensors. However, by using negative sensing and magic depletion inference, TSAB radar operators with active mana pulses can detect where and how strong nethergon is collecting and interpret is as understandable tactical information.

The technique to detect it was developed earlier, 6 years before StrikerS, when a terrorist group Cathedral Belka claimed to be acting on the post-humous orders of Sankt Kaiser Vivio and attacked TSAB with 4 powerful combat units running on purified nethergon.

It was the product of genius by the Wild Bear of Orussia, Colonel Sergei Smirnov, and used the nethergon's AMF properties against itself. In that battle alone--

*dodges more long range bolts and runz for it*
You've been inhaling too much bottled Nethergon for one day. I'm prescribing you glacier water and croissants until you get it out of your system.

Quote:
Her resistance only applies to spells specifically directed at her (her Linker Core's anti-influence does not extend beyond her physical form), so she wouldn't start erasing Device memory modules just by walking past them. Unless she got close enough to stick her hand in the magical device's innards.

This is good for the TSAB, since area-effect spells that are not specifically directed at her have a much greater chance of affecting her. A regular ring or chain type bind would fail, but a Crystal Cage or other type of offensive barrier would work, as the magic is directed at the air around her rather than at her.
The ability reminds me of Protection from MtG. Stuff doesn't work if you target her but AOE is still an option.

Quote:
Go in, stab with the pointy end of your device.
This is why I run heavily armed.

*pulls a broadsword, battleaxe, fifteen small knives, a shotgun, stungun, chaingun, RPG, chainsaw-chucks, and assorted lethal weaponry from an innocuous pocket inside his longcoat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm sorely tempted to create my own character now, but there's too many things in the way of that... I need to rewatch the entire series and pay closer attention to it, and figure out how everything works... plus I still need to check out all the supplementary materials like SSX... and I'm still not sure I'm ready to start making fanfiction again anyway. Blah.
You got nothing to lose by giving it a try. Find an idea or concept you like and make a character around it, or take some quirk and work with it. Never know what you can do till you try!

Quote:
Anything from Kha is either mixed with WH40k, WoW or F/SN. Take anything about canon from him with extreme caution. It's like playing with plutonium marbles.
Pfff, plutonium marbles aren't that dangerous. I still have all my limbs and my organs are still good to go. Granted, most of them weren't there before I started on the marbles but that's beside the point...

Quote:

Oh, it's ON now!

()

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

so i'm dumping this here

*snip*
Ah yes, I do recognize where you got this from. Thanks for reminding me to finish that, btw. *scratches on his to-do list*
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 15:59   Link #7555
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
The name is inspired from the, assumed, betrayer of Alexander the Great. For some reason his name showed up when I read about Gryphons, which Antipatros is here.
I see...

Quote:
Oh? I knew Fried had like fireball, but I don't know what this is... unless I missed it. Please elaborate.
Yeah, it was mentioned in the last StrikerS sound stage, that Nanoha was planning to teach he Forwards some of her spells, and to Caro it's Axel Shooter.

Quote:
That was a thought actually, but that drives affinity to lightning instead of wind. Works I guess although I want to keep it consistent. It's an idea though.
Affinity has nothing to do with summoning, Lutecia can summon lightning bugs and that doesn't give her lightning affinity

Quote:

Heh, nice...though, General Baskir reminds me of Picard, yes, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
So that's what he's been up to all this time! Damn, that guy must have gotten real slick behind our backs...

Quote:
*looks around for a shadow*

I see a funny looking blob behind you...wait. It's turning into...a crazed looking guy with a knife the size of my arms. And laughing hysterically.

This does not bode well.

*warps away*
Old 2009-07-22, 16:07   Link #7556
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Lia knows how to use swords. Except that they are those made out of magic (Like Stinger Blades, which are generally weightless) and are usually used as projectiles or as attachments at the ends of Gleipnir. But give her a real sword and she wouldn't be able to use it well.

So I guess both girls Hayate produced are of the spellcaster class like her.
Now THERE'S one thing that's common between the sisters.
Well, everyone has something in common with another after all.

Quote:

Nice!
Indeed, Estelle's more affectionate hug fits how Lia would do it. And Rita's really looking like the Onee-chan there. >:3
Trying to look tough, but ending up looking just that more adorable. :3

Quote:
Advanced formulas for humans is common sense for centuries-old magic-using creatures
As long as she spend that time studying, of course.

Quote:
She'll just cheat and mind-read the answers (that is, if she can touch someone for it) >_>
And Rita will dive on that as proving her right. Oh, she will not like Rita at all. XD

Quote:
All this talk about Kids.

Alright! Sheesh! You made me do it too!!

Spoiler for An-chan:

*squeee!* Her father's genes were certainly passed through all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
BTW is it just me...or did the thread just suddenly explode with conversation with the return of Aaron008R, Keroko, and TK3997? O.o
I try.

Quote:
By the way, would the OC-makers of the next generation. I would like to propose making a series title to fit in the new kids of the block in Nanoverse.

So without further ado, here are some of the titles I thought up...
  • ~Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha : Generation NEXT~ (MGLN: G-NEXT)
  • ~Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: Next GeneratioN~ (MGLN: NGN)

Anyone would like to add some more suggestions...?

*warps off*
Ironically, GenerationS would be perfect.

Simply NEXT would fit as well, as well be a nice wink to a certain other destructive mages' series.

Quote:
All this delicious talk about Lia x Rita wincest 2nd Gen OC's had me reaching for my PS... but just to update an existing OC to make her more mature...

Mai Enna, 30 yrs. Old

Basically just covered up most of the exposed skin, lightened some of the colors a little, let her hair grow some more... and gave her some glasses

Spoiler for Variations:
Whoa... those glasses so don't look like the current Mai. Major character growth here.

Quote:
Hmm. Guess it's fine to let out this OC.

Spoiler for The Guardian:
I knew it was only a matter of time before miss eyecandy was ported.

Draconians, huh... I'ma go ahead and see what I can do with that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner View Post
Hmm, if you really think about it, having such an outfit CAN be an advantage if she were able to use her scantiness in order to distract her opponent in the middle of battle. However, if she were unprotected due to the amount of skin being shown... being hit by a spell would NOT be a pleasant experience. Speaking of OC's, I've been tinkering around with one of my own. Due to my limited knowledge of Nanohaverse up to this point, I have encountered some roadblocks as to how well my character fits in. I wonder if I could count on you kind people to give me some pointers. As of right now, I am NOT planning a fanfic with this OC, I just felt bored with my summer and suddenly got an infuse of creativeness, so I whipped this little number up in a few hours. Enjoy! (for what it's worth.)
Spoiler for My OC::
Hey, another non-mage joining the growing team. Nice to see more of these appearing.

Quote:
Become 90% hikikomori.
... You know... if this is the case I really can't blame your parents then.

Quote:
Without giving away too much of the story in progress, I'd like to breed discussion on the OC antagonist character of my murder mystery/spy thriller set in the Nanohaverse.

The short version: A number of highly placed officials in the Time-Space Administration Bureau have been murdered, ranging from political figures to military commanders and even powerful combat-type mages. Fate and Teana have been assigned the case; a white-knuckled murder mystery and race against the clock rather than the usual Lost Logia hunt. This case will pit their investigative wiles and mastery of magic to the test against an implacable female assassin, resistant to magic's effects and armed with technology the TSAB has never before encountered.

And thus, allow me to introduce our villainous antagonist, the lovely and talented Nena K. Ashley:

Name: Nena Karolyn Ashley
Sex: Female
Origin: Mid-Childa
Birthplace: Unknown, thought to be in old Belkan territory

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 137lbs.
Hair: Auburn/reddish-brown, loosely curly and worn short, around chin-length.
Eyes: Brown
Misc. Notes: Her build is athletic and slender, though she is stronger than she looks (a runner or swimmer's physique). Her facial features are attractive but ordinary; skin tone is pale and freckled. She's fairly flat-chested and slim-hipped without much in the way of curves. All in all, she doesn't stand out much and she doesn't look physically imposing at all; very desirable traits for an assassin or spy.

Spoiler for character notes:

This should all be enough to get a general picture of the character. I chose not to talk about her motives for killing off members of the TSAB, since that is a significant plot point in the story itself. Those who want to know more about Nena should keep an eye on the Fanfiction thread for posted chapters as I write them.
Well, I'm going with the others and say that this is a well written character, but I'll also agree with that small background bit about mages. There are plenty of non-mages around, so saying they are the majority or minority is really a matter of speculation, however they are definitively not an exception to the rule.

Quote:
Ahh, intrigue. Would suggest using spoiler tags - wall o' text is kinda a turn-off, Rough look looks good and interesting, but I'll reread over and recomment (in a bit of a hurry).

Mamott, looks like we ain't the only people digging up the Bureau's skeletons.

Naomi: "Though Franz tends to want to blow them up."
Franz: "Hey, I'm not the girl who sleeps with a few thousand rounds of ammo and god knows how many weapons in her room."

also, a little something...
Spoiler:
Temper temper, Mio. You're channeling an awful lot of your mother there.

Quote:

... Yes you did. I like him already.

Which reminds me... when exactly did Rinya and Elric meet? Oh, and do you have a bit more info on Baskir?

And poor, poor Rinya. These are spirit crushing moments.

Quote:
I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

And I hate Namco for putting it on the 3-fuckin'-60. Bleargh. I still can't decide if a few hundred greenbacks is worth it for one game.
No.

Don't get me wrong, Vesperia is a great game, but unless you have at least a few games you want, I wouldn't call one game worth it.

Of course, there's a few 360 games out there that may make it worth your while...

Quote:
Just because you're lazy doesn't mean you don't exercise. Someone keeps trying to interrupt your nap, it helps to be able to beat the crap put of them!
Point.

Quote:
HK-47: Query: Do all meatbags have to ask that question?
Yes.

Quote:
You're cruel.
I know.

Quote:
Maybe some need-to-know clause somewhere?
Mreh, still don't make much sense. But whatever, it made for an amusing scenario.

Quote:
Force needs to hurry up, dammit! Want more blood! Want less fanservice and more NANOHA IS SRS BZNS!
One more week... just one more week....

Quote:
Minus the flames, and plus a lot more humor and a LOT more intelligence, you mean? :S
Flames, yes. Humor, yes. Intelligence?

*scrolls back a few pages*

... Questionable.

Quote:
Tell me when you manage to get his head out of there. I got winged pigs and a spell that'll bring winter to hell ready when you do.
Are they purple with green wings and can reach Mach 3?

Quote:
Pfff, safety. What's the fun in experimenting with the arcane if there's no element of danger? *carelessly juggles mana spheres*
None. Hence the goggles.

Quote:
I had a good picture I think might be useful talking to this girl...*digs though folders*

Got it.
That's... probably frighteningly accurate.

Quote:
Asuka: Fufufu...it's been a long time since points of the arcane escaped me...this one warrants my...vigilance. *slips into the shadows*

Quote:
Lemme guess, she's one of those types that gets so caught up she forgets to eat, right?
Yes. Easily.

Quote:
Poor eating habits, doesn't keep herself clean...

Probably drinks too much in a few years. Resulting in blowing up her research on a humorously predictable basis.
Poor eating habits and hygiene does not equal a desire to drink. Getting drunk gets in the way of research.

Now *static* on the other hand, she can get absolutely smashed at times, much to Elric's dismay.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-07-22 at 19:28.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 16:21   Link #7557
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
As long as she spend that time studying, of course.
Of course she did

Quote:
And Rita will dive on that as proving her right. Oh, she will not like Rita at all. XD
Hehe
Old 2009-07-22, 18:46   Link #7558
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

A department needed for the next 4 OCs.

Spoiler for SNSR:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 20:55   Link #7559
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Interesting look there on the SNSR. However, I'd point out that one weakness of the unit is that you appear to be using them into specialised roles, meaning that if the squadrons are isolated in areas where their skillsets can't help them, they'll be at a disadvantage.

I'd suggest something more similar to how the SAS, SEALs and Delta do things, which is to have each person specialise, but have a good working knowledge of the other aspects of the job (for example, in the SAS, they have A, B C D squadrons for Freefall specialists, Divers, Mountain Warfare and Desert Recon, but all SAS members regardless of squadron & specialty must have a good working knowledge of all aspects - thus an A Squadron parachutist would also train for diving and mountain warfare and desert recon).

That means that yes, the intel squadron, who are normally desk jockeys, are expected to also do PT and shoot at the range to build proficiency. (I'm reminded of the story of one guy who came to SEAL Team 2 in the 70s as a desk jockey and started hanging out with the SEALs and running PT with them. 15 years later he had graduated from BUD/S and was Team 2's new CO.)

Edit: Also, for some reason, the name SNSR reminds me of Australia's SASR (Special Air Service Regiment). Deliberate ref?

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2009-07-22 at 23:56.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 22:45   Link #7560
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Though the have the aplitude for "music" they can choose if they can sing or have an instrument.

Quote:
Sooo what's next on your list?

Poetic Necrons?

Quote:
Seen all that in OCC except for the Silver Rhythm-ish emblem, simple but nice
Why thank you :3

Quote:
Shakugan no Shana: THE MUSICAL?
FU-ZETTT-SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

*shot*

Quote:
...snap, now I'm considering porting in a certain pink-haired girl. "Atashi no uta wa kikke!"
Why am i seeing one facepalming fleet commander and his huge fleet behind you?

Quote:
*Goose is riddled multiple times with machinegun bullets as TK preps Battle Cadia's air wing for an Alpha Strike*
*cools down his twin 20mm Assault Guns*

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content