Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Don't want a fat son or a grandson....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 21:21   Link #162
Kirince

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Might want to fix your spoiler tag. You beyond broke it.

Tell me how to fix it D;

Edit: Fixed
Kirince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 21:36   Link #163
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirince View Post
Here's a good one!

Spoiler:

Anyone here with me?
Spoilers
Spoiler for Episode 10 of SAO
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 21:38   Link #164
Kirince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Episode 10 of SAO
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Well it actually seemed like he accelerated when I watched the series again, forgot most of it.
My bad then
Old 2012-12-27, 21:50   Link #165
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Spoiler for Episode 10 and beyond:
Old 2012-12-29, 01:12   Link #166
Kirince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10 and beyond:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-29, 01:36   Link #167
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I haven't watched Accel World yet, so I don't know how their acceleration mechanic works. The acceleration I was referring to was a simple speed increase, just the computer forcing his arm and shield to move faster than was humanly possible to react--easily accomplishable in the game, seeing how the actual physical limitations aren't present.
Old 2012-12-29, 08:21   Link #168
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirince View Post
Spoiler:
No, it isn't. Acceleration, as a general term, means the speeding up of something. In AW's case, it refers to speeding up using Burst Link.
Old 2013-01-09, 07:38   Link #169
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Looks like there might be a link after all. Here's the link for the ending of Alicization. Warning Heavy Spoilers

Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2013-01-09, 09:06   Link #170
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:
I don't think Versus was anything more than the author trying to promote the two series by having the two MCs face off against each other.
Old 2013-01-18, 05:01   Link #171
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:
Well then, we've got one hell of a connection here. Just like how Kirito was awarded his Nitouryuu power for fastest reaction speed, we might get to see
Spoiler for :

Which then leaves two problems: Haru finding five level 9s and the Alicization arc in the LNs working towards...wherever.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 01:24   Link #172
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
You mean, Suguha marrying legally.
That and she wouldn't just throw out KYH. I find that OOC of her to do so.
Old 2013-02-26, 02:14   Link #173
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

True that.
Old 2013-03-07, 18:47   Link #174
Stchurdak

Just wanted to point this out, during Accel World episode 3 (Investigation) , while Kuroyukihime is explaining the six kings of pure color to Arita it cuts to a scene of a couple that look remarkably similar to Asuna and Kirito sitting at a bar and laughing.

IDK what that would mean and have no knowledge of SAO or AW other than watching all the episodes that are currently around, just wanted someone else to see this.

Stchurdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 19:24   Link #175
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, he looks a little Kirito-ish, but the girl's hair is simply too dark for it to be Asuna. Cute scene, though.
Old 2013-03-07, 21:16   Link #176
sky black swordman

Well there is the possibility that she dyed her hair, but personally I doubt it.
Old 2013-03-09, 05:15   Link #177
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well there is the possibility that she dyed her hair, but personally I doubt it.
Also, they look a bit young for mid-30's. After all, SAO took place 2024 while Accel World took place 2047. This is assuming they both are on the same timeline.

EDIT:

Spoiler for Speculation regarding the purpose of brain burst:

Last edited by orpheus2; 2013-03-29 at 00:51.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 23:29   Link #178
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Now I was pretty bored during my bus back from work and I read this thread proper from start to finish, and I realised something:

We've got two camps, saying either A) AW and SAO are related, because so-and-so is quite possibly blood-related to so-and-so, the reason being they share so-and-so traits. The other camp goes with B), AW and SAO are not related because while their timelines fit the hypothesis, the points you argue are weak and their inconsistencies are their bane. Notwithstanding some shaky links out there (Noumi-Sugou).

I think there's something we do need to consider, and the fact that AW was written after SAO is half the answer.

Until AW and SAO, I've not heard of an author who has written TWO successful storylines, that are distinctive and unique, as opposed to a spin-off/sequel/prequel, because those build upon an existing success.

And as a fanfic writer myself, I've also realised that there is an trememdous difficulty of thinking of a new story style. It would be difficult, for example, to imagine Kawahara writing SAO, and yet writing another commercial success like Black Rock Shooter, or Index. The reason being, each series is successful because of a well-thought out plot and mechanics; attempting to draw a new one from scratch is very difficult. It's like creating a new template, versus reusing an existing one.

And therefore, when writing AW, Kawahara decided to recycle the mechanics of Alicization and the attributed of his SAO cast, and rewrote them with new names and personalities into SAO. The implication is this: that AW is never in the same timeline as SAO.

And of course characters would appear the same, they've made their debut in SAO and they're back as a new character. To put it in perspective: if AW and SAO are lines of storylines, then they're parallel lines, never crossing, yet following each other's twists and turns perfectly.

Orpheus, your theory that BB is to find the kid with the best reaction speed, and also the best willing to win at all costs, is therefore probably correct. What we will see however, are probably recycled scenarios rather than the exact same scenario from Alicization end.

The final point I have to say is that indeed, as someone already wrote earlier, the problem starts when one tries to match the characters by blood. I'm not saying they're definitely not related by blood in Kawahara's mind, but rather he sees AW characters as the homage to their SAO equivalent.

Edit: And adding on:

As far as original material is concerned, SAO is 99% complete, because Kawahara only had WEB Alicization written up to the final part when he got the call to serialise SAO. AW has been hinted to go up to V20 and then some, adding in Side Stories, Bonus material, and OVAs. To SAO fans who bash AW, I don't care what your reasons are as long as you realise, you're attacking from the perspective of a complete storyline, and looking down on an incomplete storyline. In my eyes, that's Dwayne Johnson put in the ring with a 13-year-old nerd who's still having a losing streak record, learning to box the hard way. So long as you realise the inherent unbalance between the series, just bash merrily on knowing the respective storylines aren't changing at the end of the day.

In fact, if all your information about SAO was from watching is the anime, and you're comparing based on that, then I don't even. The anime is an adaptation, Stacia-damn-it.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-04-05 at 23:44.
Old 2013-04-08, 11:41   Link #179
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

True. It is more likely AW is just paying homage to SAO. I am just keeping an open mind regarding the relationship between these two works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Edit: And adding on:

As far as original material is concerned, SAO is 99% complete, because Kawahara only had WEB Alicization written up to the final part when he got the call to serialise SAO. AW has been hinted to go up to V20 and then some, adding in Side Stories, Bonus material, and OVAs. To SAO fans who bash AW, I don't care what your reasons are as long as you realise, you're attacking from the perspective of a complete storyline, and looking down on an incomplete storyline. In my eyes, that's Dwayne Johnson put in the ring with a 13-year-old nerd who's still having a losing streak record, learning to box the hard way. So long as you realise the inherent unbalance between the series, just bash merrily on knowing the respective storylines aren't changing at the end of the day.

In fact, if all your information about SAO was from watching is the anime, and you're comparing based on that, then I don't even. The anime is an adaptation, Stacia-damn-it.
You know some AW fans bash SAO just as much SAO fans bash AW as well. It's just that AW fans tend too be less numerous or vocal. In any case, AW can still continue on further while SAO is more or less reaching its end.
Old 2013-04-08, 14:18   Link #180
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Then that's karma

It's not like inter-series bashing ever stops anyway :/ just standing up for my favourite one.