AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 22:55   Link #2841
sa547
*Author

To make a dummy file (and make sure you have Administrator account privileges), this is going to be a bit technical:

Code:
1. Run CMD from the Start menu. This'll open up the console.
2. Type CD\ and enter, going to the root directory.
3. Type COPY CON TESV.EXE and enter. This'll directly allow you to write a file directly from the keyboard.
4. Type anything you want, and then save the file by pressing F6 (or Ctrl-Z).
5. You can now close the CMD window (even with the EXIT command).

Using mods are a bit tricky (with my experience of playing around with 3DCG), as some of them are dependent on other mods, and if you haven't installed one the other will break. Or they'll clash with another.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-06-18 at 23:32.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:28   Link #2842
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Thank you. I created the file, but I'm a dunce. I just reinstalled the game and then created the file. Is this a problem? I can't even find it. Do I have to delete it?

Also, how do I go to the last version from the 1.4 updates? Does it require another reinstall?
Old 2012-06-25, 08:41   Link #2843
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-sc...1225196p1.html

Wowie want to have this now!
Old 2012-06-25, 22:02   Link #2844
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Has any game screwed up Werewolfs as much as Beth did?
Old 2012-06-26, 00:25   Link #2845
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Has any game screwed up Werewolfs as much as Beth did?
Werewolves and Vampires were never the main characters of TES. They are just a character development path, not unique beings. Hence they will never be as detailed as games that focuses solely on werewolves/vampires. Remember, they do have to make the rest of the game.

At least with Dawnguard, the vampires are getting their own proper faction this time.

In the end, this is no different from demanding more realistic horse riding, or better spells. TES is a big game, and as such you can't expect a level of detail that just can't be delivered by the company. That's what mods are for.
Old 2012-06-26, 00:47   Link #2846
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Personally i think that's not true, we pay bethesda for the game not the modders. Sure it may be a big game but that's no excuse, they should have been a bit more careful with some of the details... Animations for instance still leave to be desired... werewolves and vampires did needed to be better thought of from the start (at least dawnguard fixes this). And at the end of all the main quest and faction quests from a world point of view it doesn't seem that you have accomplished much... those are some of the things that should have been made right from the start.
Old 2012-06-26, 00:56   Link #2847
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Personally i think that's not true, we paid bethesda for the game not the modders. Sure it may be a big game but that's no excuse, they should have been a bit more careful with some of the details...
Actually it IS an excuse. To do the detail you demand would require TES to be several times bigger than it currently is and take 20 years to make. TES (and Fallout3 by proxy) is the most ambitious sandbox game franchise there is, anywhere. If Bethesda can't do it, no one else can. Bethesda essentially push the boundaries of what is achievable until it breaks, then backs off a little bit. That's why there is all those bugs that needs fixing.

They try to put in details where they can. But in the case of werewolves and vampires, they were only a tiny part of the game compared to dragons. So they get pushed to the side to meet release date.

They HAVE gave werewolves a new perk tree for Dawnguard. That's more attention than it deserves, since this isn't a werewolf game. I want more of everything, just like you. But I also know there is such a thing as production time limits.
Old 2012-06-26, 01:00   Link #2848
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kind of no matter where they put the limited resources, there's going to be someone unhappy. For myself, I thought the whole werewolf thing was annoying - I didn't even bother with the werewolf story line until I'd done 3 or 4 characters and even then I kind of regretted using the character I did. The vampire thing was a bit more interesting but again I explored it with the wrong character (plan on using my assassin for vampire routes in the future).
Old 2012-06-26, 07:02   Link #2849
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Werewolf is still broken with dawnguard skill tree. You still have no armor, no way of healing except feeding which leaves you WIDE open to take loads more damage than you're healing. If I fight against a bandit group at a higher level in werewolf form, I'm screwed no matter what my skill tree's are Unless i cheap it and keep knocking him down

I started the Companion quests at level 25, I can't even get past the first place in werewolf form without being one shotted at full health by a 2hander.
Old 2012-06-26, 15:33   Link #2850
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Is the werewolf quest line in the companions quest line?

What software do I get that will allow me to take screen grabs of my character? Will it allow you to move the camera around to get a close up of your character, or do you have to use the free cam in console command for that?

Also, what program lets you see your frame rate?
Old 2012-06-26, 16:32   Link #2851
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So I finished making my female version of Van Hellsing, just wondering how I should post pictures.

When I get to use crossbows, vampire's are going to pay!
Old 2012-06-26, 18:00   Link #2852
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
So I finished making my female version of Van Hellsing, just wondering how I should post pictures.

When I get to use crossbows, vampire's are going to pay!
Is this on PC already? I thought it had to wait and XBox 360 got a timed exclusive?
Old 2012-06-26, 18:26   Link #2853
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

When I get to , its not out till probably August/September. Just finished making my character ready for dawnguard
Old 2012-06-26, 19:08   Link #2854
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
When I get to , its not out till probably August/September. Just finished making my character ready for dawnguard
It'll be out july hopefuly... 360 is just beta testin it is all.
Old 2012-06-27, 08:45   Link #2855
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Oh really thats nice and early
Old 2012-06-27, 18:56   Link #2856
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I feel a flaw in Dawnguard needs fixing... more specifically the most well written and character with the best bond with the Playable Character is unmarriageable after teasing you 2/3rds of the way through the plot that she may like you. Hell, she might be the best NPC in the whole Elder Scrolls series, which isn't saying much but still the best is the best and almost everyone is bored with Lydia by now.

I personally play Skyrim on both PC and xbox 306 so for me this wont be a problem in a month or so when I can mod the hell out of the game (minus maybe some dialog issues... though with the amount of voice acting in anime the voice actress has done maybe not, lolz). However I'd rather Bethesda just fix this now and also there is no reason why xbox 360 players shouldn't be able to marry her, it's not like she can't follow you on the main map or can't be cured of her vampireism since she can do both. I mean really a DLC with next to no marriageable NPCs seems more of an oversight than anything.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-06-27 at 19:22. Reason: Forum rule 1.5: Do not post petitions of any kind!
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 21:59   Link #2857
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Some pics of my Nord Warrior Vanessa.

Spoiler for big pics:

So that I don't go around carrying too many weapons (I know, not like I don't go around with a bunch of loot and potions, haha, but anyways...), I use a conjure bow spell when I need to use a bow, which isn't often. I use a mod that allows you to use a conjure bow spell, even at level 15 of conjuration (normally you need level 50 conjuration), and I have a mod that makes it look like a hunting bow instead of a daedric bow, so that it is more fitting for my character. I also carry around a skyforge steel dagger (which is small and light, so no big deal), imagining she uses it for things like getting animal pelts and meat from animals and using it when setting up camp. I carry around a small tent and a sleeping bag in case I have to sleep in the wild (I use a mod that requires eating, sleeping, and drinking).

With this character, I haven't used fast travel. I go around on foot when exploring, or for long distances, I use a horse. It isn't an ordinary horse. I use this conjure horse spell, where you conjure an ethereal horse. One of the best mods there is for Skyrim, I think. I can go around on foot, conjure a horse when I want one, and then when I don't want a horse, the conjured horse always is dismissed when you dismount it. The other great thing about it is that it has different speeds to choose from. The default speed is the fastest. When it gallops, it goes as fast as a regular horse when sprinting, maybe slightly faster. When you sprint with the ethereal horse, you move around pretty darn fast, and the ethereal horse never gets tired, so there is unlimited sprinting.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2012-06-30 at 23:17.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 22:58   Link #2858
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I like the cheekbone structure... makes her a tough beauty..
Old 2012-06-30, 23:26   Link #2859
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Yeah, I like how she looks like she is rather tough but also still quite a beauty.

I think I'll have her marry Lydia. I adventure alone, though. I'll probably bring Lydia through a dungeon if I find some that are too tough for me. I'm at level 27 now, and will just use skyforge steel weapons for the rest of the game. Been using skyforge steel weapons since early on. Got the mace recently because I just found a mod that has it (wasn't on Nexus, found it on Steam Workshop). I think I should put up the difficulty. What difficulty do you guys play on?

I do some alchemy, too. I don't look up alchemy recipes anymore. I did in the past, but it is more fun to not cheat. I knew an ingredient that does fortify one-handed from another character I scrapped (they had perks that allowed them to know all alchemy effects of ingredients). I found other fortify one-handed ingredients just from trial and error, and I like that. Those fortify one-handed potions help a lot, so it would have felt so cheap if I could make them because I looked it up online.
Old 2012-07-04, 15:15   Link #2860
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

any mod that fix using bow while riding horse?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim