AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-28, 15:02   Link #1
TEC

Unhappy shocked new to get my spirits up!

i saw and was obsessed with the anime code geass and now itīs over......
i canīt express my sadness for his death.

what i want is a close to 26 episodes or more anime that is fun not too dramatic "like many people/a friebd dies stuff like that" and the main character is a guy, i would like to have women fall for him but doesenīt have to be harem. he needs to be young (not like 20 and up, but itīs all up to his appearence).

if itīs hard to detail everything keep tell me of animeīs.

here is a list of anime i have seen (not completed list):

d gray man
sekirei
code geass
death note
da capo
zettai karen children
nabari no ou
toloveru
hayate no gotoku
shakugan no shana
macross frontier
kyo kara maoh
gundam 00(if it was called that, the newest gundam anyway)
soul eater

PS: All Hail Lelouch

Last edited by TEC; 2008-09-28 at 17:15.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:17   Link #2
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Hayate no Gotoku certainly fits the bill for a fun anime (it's sort of like Lucky Star in that it makes fun of itself and other animes), the main char is young guy, and a couple girls DO fall for him.

Shakugan no Shana
(+ Second) also fits the bill, albeit a bit more loosly then Hayate no Gotoku since Shana is a bit more series/dramatic. Otherwise you still have everything there, it's 52 (or is it 48... well either way close enough?) episodes long when you factor in the second season, the main char is another young guy, and several girls do fall for him. There is also a bit of action thrown in for good measure which helps with some of the drama. There are still a few "feel good" moments though and not everything is drama.

If you're not dead set against a female lead you should check out Full Moon (w)o Sagashite. There is some drama in it, but mostly it's about what happens when your lifelong dream gets fullfilled... well, there is of course a twist (she only has a year left to live) which contributes to most of the drama. But overall it's a good series you can just sit back and enjoy.

edit: oh and you may want to put that thing regarding Lelouch in a spoiler tag... I'm sure it's pretty well known by now but better safe then sorry.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-09-28, 15:39   Link #3
TEC

srry to say but i have seen those anime except full moon, and yes i am dead set.

i am srry if you posts anime i have seen but it doesenīt really matter cause i donīt remember all i have seen so i canīt tell you correctly and those the entire fault it directed to me so donīt worry.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:56   Link #4
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

How about Da Capo? It's a little more dramatic (it's actually a romance series and I'll admit there is a bit of haremness to it) but when you put together all the seasons you actually get 76 episodes (Although it's two pretty different series when you compare Da Capo to Da Capo II). The main char is a guy, young, girl falls, etc. The biggest thing here is that because it is a romance there is going to be a bit of drama.. but it's a good series (imo) anyways.

Maybe Full Metal Alchemist? Although thats a pretty popular one so it wouldn't surprise me if you've seen it already... and it is more of an action series so there are a few "drama" moments to it.

If only you weren't dead set on the male lead I would suggest Aria since it's really one of the best "fun"/feelgood/perk me up animes out there. It's nothing more then just a slice of life, but the main chars are all female.

I'm sure there are quite a few out there, but you've really set something hard-ish to find/suggest (well for me) since there aren't many series that totally fit the bill. 52 episode series aren't that common, and second seasons to 26 episode animes aren't that common either in my experience... Well, at least when you're talking about something "fun" without a lot of drama and a male lead where maybe a female falls for him (which pretty much means romance and romance often=bit of drama in anime).

Old 2008-09-28, 16:25   Link #5
TEC

da capo is good seen, but thx anyway

Fulletal has seen a bit bit is way to dramatic for me sry to say.

well plz continue i thkyu for all suggestions
Old 2008-09-28, 16:30   Link #6
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Eureka Seven. Naow.
Old 2008-09-28, 16:32   Link #7
TEC

feel bad to say this again but eureka seven is to dramatic in sense, but what is naow?

PS: the episodes doesenīt need to be exactly 52 but close or more

PPS: i am srry for high demands but i donīt mind broken rules!

PPPS: if it really is an awsome anime with many laughs then 26 or close is fine, but never 13 series!
Old 2008-09-28, 16:44   Link #8
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

"naow" is basically just a "cool" way to say "now" with maybe a little more emphasis... so you should basically drop things and watch it NOW.

Anyways, I'm out of ideas personally... like I said I'm sure there are more out there, but as you admitted your demands are really high and I'm just not sure how many are going to fit the bill exactly. You being dead set against a female lead hurts too. Plus we really don't know exactly how you're describing "too much drama." Now, if you were willing to take 26 episode series too the doors open up a little more... but 26 episodes is a far cry from "near 52" episodes.

Old 2008-09-28, 16:51   Link #9
TEC

ok i accept 26 animeīs, and with (to much drama) i mean somone dies and everyone cries, or something that takes a sad impact on the watcher.
Old 2008-09-28, 17:06   Link #10
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

give us a damn list of what you've seen so we dont keep making taht mistake.
Old 2008-09-28, 17:15   Link #11
TEC

well you see it is hard cause i donīt write down every anime i have seen but here i go:

d gray man
sekirei
code geass
death note
da capo
zettai karen children
nabari no ou
toloveru
hayate no gotoku
shakugan no shana
macross frontier
kyo kara maoh
gundam 00(if it was called that, the newest gundam anyway)
soul eater

possibly more

Last edited by TEC; 2008-09-28 at 17:27.
Old 2008-09-28, 20:24   Link #12
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Try Zero no Tsukaima - Three seasons, last episode of the third season is airing either in a few hours, or next week. Episode breakdowns for each season are this - 24/12/12, so 48 episodes in total.
Old 2008-09-29, 21:46   Link #13
blewin

Katekyo hitman REBORN! - definitely suits the word "fun", with some great action from ep20 onwards, but still retaining that "fun" sense. Not too dramatic.
Old 2008-09-30, 01:37   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'd recommend Oh! Edo Rocket for a fun, though often surreal show with some romance, but the leads are probably in their early twenties. The male lead is a fireworks maker in 1840's Japan who is asked by a mysterious young woman to make her a firework that can reach the moon.

Nodame Cantabile has a 20-ish male lead and an 18-19ish female lead attending a college-level classical music academy. Lots of fun, a good bit of romance, yet still a serious story about personal growth.

Both these shows have a featured couple. Though Nodame Cantabile is named after the female lead, it's largely told from the perspective of the man. In Rocket both characters have a lot of screen time, and the story doesn't dwell particularly on one or the other.

I didn't see Welcome to the NHK! in your list either. The show has a male lead, but he's probably about 22 so he also just misses your ceiling. He lives the life of an isolated "NEET" ("not in employment, education or training") in a small apartment paid for by his parents. One day he meets a young (18) woman who decides she will cure him of his problem. This is an often funny and occasionally disturbing look at some young people with psychological issues.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-09-30 at 01:53.
Old 2008-10-02, 00:14   Link #15
Fuzzy_Bunny

I don't have much time so...cant explain the series but try Fafner. The title is longer than that but i'm sure you can find it on wikipedia or something with that.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:24   Link #16
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Bunny View Post
I don't have much time so...cant explain the series but try Fafner. The title is longer than that but i'm sure you can find it on wikipedia or something with that.
might just be dramatic too him since he doesnt like many people dying

but saying FMA is too dramatic and thereby not worth it to be watched breaks my heart as well as Eureka 7. both are complicated series and the character build up is really good, seems like you wont be wanting any epic Bones series because you dont like that tiny little attribute, a pitty really because if you liked geass and death note I would be certain you'd like FMA, Eureka7, Rahxephon and many others you miss out on the older epic series that way

I would recommend Darker than Black to you, though not explicit much humour it can fill up your geass gap for a while

also for humor and action I recommend One Piece, its a long series and is still running without having an end in sight but it is very entertaining
Old 2008-10-02, 21:44   Link #17
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, this mostly just to second a couple of things but- Eureka seven has it's fair share of drama, true... but it's totally worth it by the end, which is way better than what CG had. And RahXephon I cannot recommend to you enough

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2008-10-02, 22:57   Link #18
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Why don't you just go watch some anime's that aren't that new. Go watch Evangelion or like CCS. I noticed that you didn't also put down Cowboy Bebop so watch that if you haven't.
Old 2008-10-03, 00:04   Link #19
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
I highly recommend you watch Berserk. It's a 26 episode series and meets your qualifications.

Spoiler:

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Old 2008-10-03, 00:56   Link #20
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

He needs something to get over Code Geass and make him feel better, not shatter him.

Since I just had that exact same proble. I recommend Mushi-shi. I watched it all (26 episodes) back-to-back last night. After 2 episodes, I just couldn't stop. Has all the criteria you want. It's the perfect anti-dote to help one recover from the Code Geass cravings and embrace the rest of anime. Yes, Code Geass is exceptional. But it can leave one almost unable to watch anything else ever again. So I think something like Mushi-shi would be perfect for you.